Alerts for IMAP emails

Is there any workaround to make IMAP emails give an alert in the same way
that POP3 email does?

Cheers

ss.

0
synapse (44)

Outlook EMail problem
All, we have a newly built CRM Server with CRM v1.2, SQL2000 (and appropriate SP) on a Windows2003 server. Our Exchange2003 server is Windows2000 Advanced Server. We have an end user who is just beginning to use this product (I believe this was installed on his Windows2000 desktop with Office 2000 about a week ago). He says that he created a CRM contact with the same name as his Exchange mailbox (i.e. - "John Doe"). Since then he cannot send internal or external emails via Outlook. He can however send emails using our Web Client email. This user has since deleted the C...

how to let emails get into each folder?
Hi all, I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: He divides the inbox into "Family", "Work", ... etc. folders, then whenever a new email arrives, they will automatically get into these folders... How to do that? Thanks a lot! Rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, networm asked: | Hi all, | | I saw my boss has this feature in his outlook 2003: | | He divides the inbox into &q...

Check email address spelling
Dear All How to check email address spelling that user have input in a text box in a form (not in table/datasheet ) Thanks Hi Bobby I can't see how that would be possible. eg. noone@theweb.com noon@theweb.com oone@theweb.cm they may all be correct e mail addesses. Do you have some criteria that may filter the possblities?? -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Bobby" wrote: > Dear All > > How to check email address spelling that user have input in a text box in a > form (not in table/datasheet ) > > Thanks > My intention is to avoid user to wri...

Active Directory not Createing Email Address
I am running Exchange 2000 sp3. All of a suddern when I create a new user in Active Directory, I am creating a mailbox, but the user is not getting an email address. This problem has just started happening, previously email addresses were being created. I am getting no errors in the event log. Can anyone tell me how I can begin to troubleshoot this issue. -- semdvm01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.webservertalk.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread: http://www.webserv...

unable to delete pop3 email
Hi, Our office uses a combination of Outlook 2003 and 2007, and while we have an Exchange server, too, several users share some POP3 mailboxes that are hosted off-site. When we originally set this up, I wanted to make sure that every user received every message, even if they were on vacation or out of the office for a while. So each copy of Outlook is set to "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and "Remove from server after 14 days", and I thought that would be the end of it. Earlier this week, one of the users told me she'd gotten a complaint that her associate...

Outlook program closed but still receives emails
I have Outlook 2k and when I shut the program down it will keep receiving emails. To get this to stop I have to reboot the computer. This has happened ever since I reformatted the HDD and reloaded the OS and Office. I have scanned the system many times with McAfee and the newest DAT files but have found no viri, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling office. What is the problem and solution? when you close outlook, is it def. closed ? is it still running as a task in the background ? N "CM" <viperden@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:01ad01c3ce3b$88b08d10$a301280a...

Problem with email mail merge
Is there a problem using word 2002 and outlook 2003 when using the email mail merge funtion. When i execute the mail merge no outgoing emails are generated? Any ideas? // Mats ...

email groups
I am wanting to set up different groups of contacts in my email that can be available to everyone in our office network. Is this possible and how would I do this? I am thinking that there would have to be some way to save it to the server but I am not sure and cannot figure out how to do this if it is possible. Help!! You might consider posting some actual information. What exactly is your "office network" and what provisions have you made for data sharing? -- Russ Valentine "Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19EF644-...

Unable to receive email
I get this message when trying to access mail: Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "SamG" <SamG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074163D2-0452-4B03-BDFC-4B9EDD7D4F83@microsoft.com... >I get this message when trying to access mail: > > Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, > Server Response: '-ERR in...

Clear email To History
Hi Using Outlook 2003 how can I edit/delete the list of email address's that appear in the To field? TIA Tom Tom <Tom@nospam.co.uk> wrote: > Using Outlook 2003 how can I edit/delete the list of email address's > that appear in the To field? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623/en-us -- Brian Tillman Brian Many thanks Tom "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e33kP9vGHHA.3540@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Tom <Tom@nospam.co.uk> wrote: > >> Using Outlook 2003 how can I edit/delete the list of email address...

create a list of email addresses
I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those email addresses to send out other emails to those people. Is there anyway that outlook can create an excel sheet or group with a command, instead of dealing with each individual email. Does this make sense? Outlook 2003 Windows XP Thank You Meg "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message news:uObgCQClIHA.2368@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those >email addresses to send out other emails to those peopl...

0x8004210a error message when downloading email
i have a client (i am a computer consultant) who is using sbc dsl. she has two sbcglobal.net email addresses that have been added to outlook 2003. about every 4th time she checks her email, she gets the following error message: " Reported error 0x8004210A. The operations timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP." she is using a brand new dell latitude d810 notebook running windows xp home edition. She has both a wireless and wired connection (she...

Deleting email in Outlook Express
I just start getting a pop up window when I delete a email message in Outlook Express. It asks if I really want to delete it "Yes or No" How do I stop the pop up? Larry What folder are you in? You should only see that if in Deleted Items, or doing a Shift | Delete. (Or if you are deleting a user created folder). -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Larry Mahlik" <pnlmahlik@netzero.net> wrote in message news:eigzNT3yKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I just start getting a pop up window when I delete a...

Email an Excel file (automatically) or scheduled
I need to be able to send an automated email everyday to one address, with an Excel file as an attachment. I do not want to have to rely on Outlook, it's installed on our computers, however we use Lotus Notes (with an intranet) to send email. Are there any tools that can do this? JO Hi wojo Try the CDO option http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm Use Ontime to run the macro http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "wojo" <wojo36@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121001336.696767.260810@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com.....

Outlook 2003 Rules on multiple IMAP won't work
Hello, In Outlook 2003, if I have more than one IMAP account, rules will not run for the second or third account unless forced to do so. And sometimes, they won;t even run at all after forcing them. Any ideas? Travis ...

Configure Outlook for email & web
I have been using Outlook Express for my email. When I upgraded to 2000 and have Outlook, I have tried using the Wizard so I can use Outlook online. I cannot find my settings (POP3 & SMTP)! MSN is my ISP. Therefore, I can not use the "wizard" inasmuch as no where can I find the POP3 and SMTP I can not find the settings or server name! I use ACT2000! and cannot find the settings and/or server there as well. Can someone help, please???? Thanks. ...

CDO and Multipart Email?
I am trying to send out an email newsletter using both HTML and plain text? Any good resources for doing this? I can't seem to get it to display the TextBody when Outlook is set to display emails using Plain Text. I am using: Dim objMail Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") objMail.To = varEmail objMail.From = "webmaster@imysite.com ( Webmaster)" objMail.Subject = "My Subject" objMail.BodyPart.ContentMediaType = "multipart/alternative" objMail.TextBody = "No HTML here. I want this text to display if HTML is turned off." objMai...

Email & Excel
I am new to Excel. I am trying to email a worksheet. Where is the send button? I wish this program had come with a book Thanks for any help. Right click on your toolbar, Choose customize, Go to the commands tab, under file you will find the e-mail as attachment button, Just click and drag it onto your toolbar You now should be able to e-mail your files through this button. Regards, B ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ann HOW TO: Use the "Send To...

Outlook continously downloading OLD emails
using Outlook 2003 - POP'ing from ISP I have outlook set to wait 5 days before deleting emails on POP server. Every time I start Outlook, it downloads ALL the emails - even the the previously downloaded emails. Is there a way to set Outlook NOT to download previously download email message? thanks do you have the latest patches installed? how often are the send/receives? is outlook closing completely (look in task manager for outlook.exe) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gui...

Email Workflow rule.
I created an email workflow rule that is applied when someone updates information on an Order. The rule reassigns the order to another individual and emails the new owner. I am wondering how to also CC the Account owner, owner of the originating account (Not Order owner). Thanks in Advance. ...

Imported Emails Show Wrong Received Date
I just installed Outlook 2003. After importing my emails from OE, I noticed that about half the emails now show the date of import as the date they were received. Any idea how to fix this or avoid it? It's strange that it only affected some of the emails. Don't import from Outlook, export from Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mitch asked: | I just...

Outlook 2003: Select Names Dialog Box (for emailing)
When you choose to send a New Eemail and click the TO button, you are presented with the standard Outlook "Select Names" dialog box. This box lists email address with the following 4 fields (which you cannot sort): (1) NAME, (2) DISPALY NAME, (3) EMAIL ADDRESS, and (4) EMAIL TYPE. QUESTION: IS THERE A WAY TO DISPLAY CUSTOM FIELDS FROM THE CONTACTS FOLDER, for example, COMPANY, PHONE, etc?? I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could advise me on this one! Regards DC, New Zealand ...

Hyperlinking a spreadsheet into a new email
Hi all, does anybody here know if I can Hyperlink a form into a new email? I have a new form that I need people to fill in and I have inserted a hyperlink into it that creates a new email to me. However I would like the form to be inserted into the mail without the user having to manually insert it. Thanks in advance for your help David ...

Best practice for email boxes for non local domain users?
My office hosts email for remote offices. The users never log into our office so they do not have usernames and passwords at my office. Now I am setting up exchange. Do I need to create user accounts for the users that are not in my office? Because of the way Exchange 200x works you will need to have a user account associated with the mailbox for it to function. The easiest thing to do is just create normal user accounts for these users, the only potential issue with this is that it may be viewed as a security issue. One possible solution to this is to add the users to a group and then ...

Trouble emailing from "Accounts"
I am having a delimma that I hope someone can help me resolve. In CRM 3.0 I am unable to send an email from an account. It doesn't matter if the address is internal or external. I can open up the contact under the account and send the email just fine. The error message I receive is the famous "at least one recipient does not have an email address or is marked as "Do not allow" email." I have checked to make sure both contacts and this account is marked "yes" under every category to send mail (Admin tab). Can anyone shed any light on what I am missing? We...