After upgrade to Office XP, Outlook will not run.

When attempting to open Outlook after installing Office XP, I get "Microsoft
Visuall C++ Runtime Library Program c:/program~1/micros~1/office10/outlook.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Contact application support team.

Of course, when I try to do that, they want $35.00/hour to talk to me!

Can anyone help me??
--
Paula
0

Probably a conflict with antivirus software. For example, see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325117. See also the thread in this
newsgroup titled "Runtime error" dated 10/11/04, started by myrt webb. (No
fix yet for the issue reported there.)

"Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When attempting to open Outlook after installing Office XP, I get
> "Microsoft
> Visuall C++ Runtime Library Program
> c:/program~1/micros~1/office10/outlook.exe
> This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
> Contact application support team.
>
> Of course, when I try to do that, they want $35.00/hour to talk to me!
>
> Can anyone help me??
> --
> Paula

David,  Thanks for your info.  I have the same problem.  I uninstalled the
Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spam client integration with Outlook and
that seemed to work.  I also sent an email  to Symantec/Norton.

"David Schrag" wrote:

> Probably a conflict with antivirus software. For example, see
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325117. See also the thread in this
> newsgroup titled "Runtime error" dated 10/11/04, started by myrt webb. (No
> fix yet for the issue reported there.)
>
> "Paula" <Paula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When attempting to open Outlook after installing Office XP, I get
> > "Microsoft
> > Visuall C++ Runtime Library Program
> > c:/program~1/micros~1/office10/outlook.exe
> > This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
> > Contact application support team.
> >
> > Of course, when I try to do that, they want $35.00/hour to talk to me!
> >
> > Can anyone help me??
> > --
> > Paula

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Money is already running #4
I have experienced the "Money is already running" problem with Money 2006 and thought I would try Money 2007 to see if the problem went away.. NOPE.. I have tried all of the suggestions, switch automatic backup off, etc.. etc.. nothing helps. I have noticed that this only happens when Outlook is running, I called MS tech support (now there's an experience in futility) and we have had no success. Any ideas... Does closing the program from File - Exit make a difference? -- Michael Gordon "Rick B" <Rick B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Running average
Hi Guys, Been struggling a bit on this so a pointer would be great. Just a simple example would do.. tableA with two fields "Startdate" and "Amount" now i need a running average in the query which would give me the following output: [Startdate] - [amount] - [average] 1-1-2010 - 100 - 100 2-1-2010 - 50 - 75 3-1-2010 - 60 - 70 So in the average column the last value should be the average of the sum of the previous records and the current records (being the average of the total). I know that the fieldnames are...

Dynamics 10 Upgrade fails "product 949 does not support upgrading
I have installed new instance of Dynamics 10 with latest service pack (new folder). I ran utilities and before I even get a chance to upgrade the data, I receive and errors "Product 949 does not support upgrading from version 9.0.268." We have version 9.0 running fine with Field Service in the set file so why won't it upgrade?? We only use a small part of field service (historical lookups in SOP) so I can't just drop it. Since it's a self-installed module by default, how can it not upgrade??? I believe you have to be at least on 9.0.281 version of GP. I am no...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003