After "find," determine folder?

Outlook (Office 2003)

Scenario:  I search ("find" in all Personal Folders) for a particular
message that I can't find.  The search turns the msg up.

How can I find out what folder it's hiding in?  I can't figure that out.

Thanks.

Ken

0
Ken

Macro to find, replace.
I extract a list into a .txt file and then open in excel.The list contents are from a dynamic source, but contain certain text items that are constant. I want to be able to prompt for the word and then find the next instance of that word in Row D, then navigate three cells left and one cell down and then paste a formula. I need to loop through this until the end of instances of the given word in column D. Currently I have got as far as follows: - Range("A1").Select Cells.Find(What:="directory", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ LookAt:=xlPart, Searc...

Advanced find, sort by/group by multiple fields/attributes
Hi, i'm just getting to grips with Advanced Find and am setting up some searches for our users. I'm not altogether sure about the Group By (And/Or) functionality in Advanced find. Is this purely part of the find query itself, or does it have some bearing on the way in which records are sorted? The reason being that I want to have custom searches that group records by Due Date, THEN by Area/Town, so that all the records due, say, in the next two weeks are also grouped by area (and possibly by another field)... In other words, records with due dates that are close appear at the top of ...

After "find," determine folder?
Outlook (Office 2003) Scenario: I search ("find" in all Personal Folders) for a particular message that I can't find. The search turns the msg up. How can I find out what folder it's hiding in? I can't figure that out. Thanks. Ken ...

Advanced find, and the grouping and ungrouping of clauses
One of my users has come with this replicable issue: 1. Put in a number of line items in the Advanced Find, select the rows, and click "Group OR" 2. Run it - - it works fine. 3. Go back, ungroup the selection. 4. Add another line item, select rows, and click on the "Group OR" What happens: 1. The "OR" clause doesn't appear 2. The first line item in the Advanced Find disappears 3. There is a message of "Error on page" If you attempt to click "Group OR" again, the NEXT line item in the Advanced Find disappears. Has anyone else experience...

Advanced Find, Instant Search and Indexing
1) I just transferred my PST file to a new computer, but there are still 65000 items left to index, so the instant search says it won't work. And it doesn't. I left my PC on all night -- what do I need to do in order to expedite the indexing? It's worth mentioning my PC does log off me as a user after so much idle time. Does the user need to be logged in for indexing to take place? If so, how do I extend the time it takes before Windows XP logs me out? 2) The Advanced Find doesn't work either. It doesn't find messages that I can see are in there, for example it doesn&...

Lookup, vlookup, find, or what
Thanks in advance. Xcel07 on WinXP. I have a list of names in sheet 4, I need to search sheet 1, 2 and 3 to see if each name on sheet4 is located on any of the other 3 sheets. Here are a couple of my attempts so far =LOOKUP(C3,'Friday 930am:Monday 1130am'!C2:C25) =SUMPRODUCT(C2*'Friday 930am:Monday 1130am'!C2:C25) To clarify the above Sheet 1 is named Friday 930am Sheet 2 is anmed Friday 12:30pm Sheet 3 is named Monday 1130am Any suggestions are welcome You can't do that type of 3D referencing. Need to individually look through each sheet =ISNUMBE...

find, copy or there about
Hi All I am looking for a way to pick certain records out of an excel database. The string I am looking for can be imbeded in a feild either at the begining end or middle and neither the string nor the feild are predefined. After I have found the records that match the crieteria I need to perform certain actions upon them. An addin would be nice that copies according to crieteria. I vaugly remember an Excel function that does something like that but cann't remember exactly which one. I thank you all Erle It sounds like data|Filter (either Autofilter or Advanced filter) might work. Or ...

Advanced Find, Track in CRM not working for one user
Hello, One user on the Desktop CRM Client cannot promote email -- the Track in CRM button is available but does nothing. She has the same problem with Advanced Find. She clicks and there is no error but the Advanced Find window does not open. I reviewed her rights but I don't see anything missing. I checked TechKnowledge but did not see this exact problem reported. Has anyone else experienced and resolved this problem? Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom. --- Laura Barber Laura, You might want to make sure that Outlook did not diable the CRM toolbar. In ...

Instant Search, Advanced Find, Search Folders, and Windows Desktop
Instant search stopped working for me. Now if I search for even the letter "a", I get the following message: No matches found for: "a". When I ask "advanced find" to find any emails with categories contains TNE01, it returns no results. However, advanced find works somewhat. For example when I look for items in my inbox with "a" in the subject line, it returns 78 matches. When I use "search folders", to find emails with categories = TNE01, 14 items are returned. When I use "search folders" to find items with "WC" in freq...

Search a Table, find, and copy all data from the row
Would someone be kind enough to help me on this? I want to take a list compare it to a table, and if a match copy all of the elements from th table in the same row in which the element match was found: LIST CAT DOG MOUSE TABLE HORSE BROWN LARGE Worker DOG WHITE SMALL Pet When list matches table, I want to copy the information from th following columns (e.g. WHITE, SMALL, Pet) and place in columns next t the item in the list, so the list would then look like: CAT DOG WHITE SMALL Pet MOUSE Thank you for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

Can't Find, Re-subscribe or subscribe to any Excel NG's
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2, 2 GB RAM, Firefox, Spyware Doctor (with real-time Intelliscan), MBAM, SAS and Cleaner, Office 2007. I might be posting on the wrong NG but that's because I cannot seem to subscribe anymore to any Excel NG's such as: Microsoft. public.excel.anythingatall, so I can't set up a new post. Each of these NG's related to Excel is declaring that there are "no posts available anymore". I used to be subscribed to Microsoft. public.excel.setup, Microsoft. public.excel.programming, Microsoft. public.excel.general, and a few...

Simple... Using FIND, I need to get the row and cell
Using the FIND below, what do I need to get the row and cell where I find the match in column B? With Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B:B") Set Rng = .Find(What:="I-100421224950", _ After:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False) It's OK, I got it! Just needed to continue with If Not Rng Is No...

Search a Table, find, and copy all data from the row
Would someone be kind enough to help me on this? I want to take a list compare it to a table, and if a match copy all of the elements from th table in the same row in which the element match was found: LIST CAT DOG MOUSE TABLE HORSE BROWN LARGE Worker DOG WHITE SMALL Pet When list matches table, I want to copy the information from th following columns (e.g. WHITE, SMALL, Pet) and place in columns next t the item in the list, so the list would then look like: CAT DOG WHITE SMALL Pet MOUSE Thank you for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Toddman If there is on...

SEARCH, FIND, LEFT...??
x-no-archive: yes Help required. I have comma delimited strings of various lengths. I wish to extract the first 3 fields as a comma delimited string. Since the fields are of different lengths, I've hit a brick wall. Example 107,165,72,9,30,10,4_________________ Result => 107,165,72 1,87,4,40,12,20,75,40,39,9,82,24_____ Result => 1,87,4 5____________________________________ Result =>5 120__________________________________ Result =>120 12,327_______________________________ Result =>12,327 mussels______________________________ Result =>mussels 2,263,106,82,19______________...

SOS! List of fields for Contact does not show-Advanced Find, Work
Hi, I noticed today, when I try to do an advanced find or edit filter in a view for the Contact entity. All other entities show the list of fields. How do I get them back? Voni "Voni" wrote: > Hi, > > I noticed today, when I try to do an advanced find or edit filter in a view > for the Contact entity, the list of fields do not display. All other entities show the list of fields. > > How do I get them back? > > Voni If I try an Advanced find starting with a view that has selection criteria, for example: My Active Contacts,,,,,,, there is an...

Do a Find, Screw up Calendar
For the past five years, my default Calendar view has been Month all at once. I have never had to think about it; it's always been that way. The other day I performed a find for a past appointment, the results showed up like entries in my Inbox...and somehow that became the default view. Any time I switch out and return to the Calendar, it displays like a full inbox of entries. I switch it back to Month view...and it returns to this list view the next time. All this from one innocent little Find. What have I done?? And how do I undo it?? try resetting the view - first, click on...

Search always ends in a find, but should not
Can anyone see why the below code results in a MasgBox "Found", even though there is NO Sheet2.Range("A1").value in Sheet3(SavedData) ? Sub SaveCoverPage() ' Check to see if the Record Already Exists Dim rngFound As Range On Error Resume Next ' Gain the Location of the Cover Page Title With Worksheets("SavedData").Range("A:A") Set rngFound = .Find(What:=Sheet2.Range("A1").Value, After:=Cells(1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ ...

FIND, With two coulms to compare
I think for this I need to use FIND function. Ill leave it up to you. Coulmn A Ian Micheal Bon Column B 77 80 9 Column C Highest Value = 80 I need Cell D1 to display Micheal, because this person has the highes amount in the adjacent column. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Something like: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C1,B1:B3)),"Not found",INDEX(A1:A3,MATCH(C1,B1:B3))) Regards Trevor "ianripping >" <<ianripping.zgi27@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ianripping.zgi27@excelforum-nospam.com... > I think for this I need to...

Find, Delete row, Loop
Hello, Trying to automate the following: 1. Find a string of characters ("apple") that apprear numerous times in the spreadsheet. 2. When found delete the entire row. 3. Loop until the spreadsheet has no more instances of "Apple" Many Thanks! Dave apple or Apple ?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200816 "Dave Coz" wrote: > Hello, > Trying to automate the following: > 1. Find a string of characters ("apple") that apprear numerous times in the > spreadsheet. > 2. When found delete the entire row. > 3. Loop until the spreadsheet h...

Find, page numbers, and Track Changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've had my new Mac for about a week, with MS Office for Mac. Before that I was using the Microsoft Works with Word 2003, which I loved. <br><br>I'm a writer, so I have long documents. Sometimes I suspect I'm overusing a word, so I want to go through the document with the Find feature, counting the number of times I use this word and what pages it's on. If I see that I use this word several times very close together, I can do some changing. With Word 2003 this was easy. Each occurren...

Advanced find, relationships, mailmerge CRM3.0
We're running CRM3.0. We are using relationships extensively which mean we can link accounts and contacts together in lots of different ways (necessary because we're not a bicycle manufacturer!) This works ok, with some annoyances, and I know the data is in there, and so is theoretically navigable. Practically though, it's a pain ... I want to send a mailmerge letter to an "Account" for each Contact linked to that account in a particular relationship (Acc1 ... Rel1 ... Blank ... Con1) - including the account details, and some standard and customised details from ...

Macro to Find, Cut, and Paste
I have 2 LONG columns that I need to make into MANY. I want to find a word in the active column, cut from that word down to the end and the adjacent cells; then paste them at the top of the next column. and do this for all occurences of that word. I'm confused about the two columns. I'm thinking that you want to break up your list of two columns based on the word in column A. But paste both columns to the adjacent columns. So this: $H$1 $B$1 $H$2 $B$2 $H$3 $B$3 $H$4 $B$4 $H$5 $B$5 $H$6 $B$6 $H$7 $B$7 aaaa $B$8 $H$9 $B$9 $H$10 $B$10 $H$11 $B$11 $H...