Advanced mail merge/distribution/attachment ?s

Hey - questions.

1 - I already know how to do mail merges and email
distribution lists in Office, but if we don't want each
client on our distribution list to see the names/addys of
all everyone else on the list (we usually mail to blind
cc for this) is there STILL a way to have each client's
name show up in the email (preferably in the address or
subject header lines, if not in the message?

2 - Does anyone know how to take an attachment and add it
in to an email message/embed it for viewing a la HTML,
rather than just attaching it?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jose

1) Mail merge & BCC are apples & oranges - mail merge to electronic mail
sends out one at a time, with each individual in the To: field; BCC is a
single message sent to all recipients in one batch. For the former, you
can't use a DL that I know of, but you can filter based on some criteria,
select all in the view, and merge using the selected contacts.
2) You can't use HTML or formatting in a Word mail merge; you'd need 3rd
party utilities; search www.slipstick.com for "mass mail" for options...

Jose Garcia wrote:
> Hey - questions.
>
> 1 - I already know how to do mail merges and email
> distribution lists in Office, but if we don't want each
> client on our distribution list to see the names/addys of
> all everyone else on the list (we usually mail to blind
> cc for this) is there STILL a way to have each client's
> name show up in the email (preferably in the address or
> subject header lines, if not in the message?
>
> 2 - Does anyone know how to take an attachment and add it
> in to an email message/embed it for viewing a la HTML,
> rather than just attaching it?
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Jose

0
lanwench (7567)

Junk mail settings doesn't work...!
I'm accessing my ATT-Worldnet POP3 emails through my Comcast cable connection using Outlook 2002. I'm using the ipostoffice/imailhost settings on ports 995 and 465. Mail in and out works perfectly, but I cannot get the build-in junkmail functionality to work. I still get mail from excluded domains, and I get mail that should have been caught by the default email filter (filters.txt). Please advise...! ...

How can I merge highlights within a container?
After using a highlighter I would like the highlight to move with the container if the container is moved on the page. LVB wrote: > After using a highlighter I would like the highlight to move with the > container if the container is moved on the page. Unfortunately there is no feature for "grouping" elements in ON. For temporarily grouping things one may use the "Lasso" tool. Rainald ...

Clearing a customer's information once selected
Sometimes I pick the wrong customer or don't use the customer that is selected for a certain transaction. It appears the only way to clear the customer card (of course except by selecting another customer card) is to restart the program. Any suggestions on how to get around this? Thank you in advance. I made a custom button with the clearcustomer command. Just click on it and you'll start back with no customer selected. Craig "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A582EA2-2408-47EF-AC36-A70F09A2EA07@microsoft.com... &...

Canned Sales Processes
Is there a site that has customizations for MS CRM that are based on well known sales methodologies? Thanks, Robin. The only one i have seen is by sales performance international inc and was included with the workflow import/export tools for crm1.0 you can download this from mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource "Robin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cf6501c43942$9abc8f50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a site that has customizations for MS CRM that > are based on well known sales methodologies? > > Thanks, > Robin. ...

using windows mail
when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 OX800cccoe Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F393030B-D730-4AE9-8BD4-856087C52EA6@microsoft.com... > when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 > OX800cccoe > Jeanne, try Meghan's reply up abo...

money 2007: moving from essential to advanced budget
How can I move from essential budget to advanced budget without typing all my information over again? You are unable to the advanced budget in 2007 was designed only to be used as a new budget. Steve "MarkB" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uiSNDyuCHHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I move from essential budget to advanced budget without typing all > my information over again? > You can access the advanced budget by navigating to money://navigate/newadvbgt in the Money address bar. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps...

cannot open attachments at the other end
I have Outlook 2K. When I send email with *.doc and *.xls attachments the receiving ends cannot open them. They would receive attachments something like winmail.dat. The attachments cannot be opened with email accounts such as @hotmail, and @dom.com Thank you in advance for your help Change your message format to plain text or html and consider disabling Word 2000 as your e-mail editor. "Tom" <mc_sono@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03a301c34cbe$35310c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have Outlook 2K. > When I send email with *.doc and *.xls attachments the > recei...

Question about the duplicate mail
Do anyone have the question about the duplicate mail? I have question on it. When I send mail to two same address, the receiver will only receive one copy. (For example: I send mail to person 'A', 'B'. And 'B' will forward to 'A'). In the past(I have use another mail server), 'A' will receive two copy. Now (using exchange server) 'A' will receive only one copy. In the case, is it normal for exchange, or is there any option to set exchange server to receive two copy. This is normal. Prevents multiple copies when sending to multiple disti...

Using Outlook 2003 to check netscape mail.
I want to use MS Outlook 2003 to check my netscape mail. I setup the account in MS Outlook for to check netscape mail and it says that it can't log onto the server. Is there anyone who can give me any information on how to fix this? jakebraucht@yahoo.com Won't work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jake asked: | I want to use MS Outlook 2003 ...

Trouble with workstation(s) logging onto SBS 2003
Ok, here's my issue. I have a client who has three workstations, and two offsite VPN - remote users. The server is P4 with 3G of RAM, has a UPS attached and one of the workstations logging on (which has the major issue) is a Windows 7 Professional workstation. She is having issues of it logging onto the server. She claims she has to try it numerous times before it works, losing hours of day's work! (Angry which I don't blame her for). I have checked the server, scanned for viruses, all clean! Visited the Event's Log, found several errors in the log. NETLOGON:...

Certificate's in GAL
I'm running a windows 2003 / exchange 2003 server as well as my own certificate store. I want to be able to issue certificates for users to send secure email to each other. I would also like to be able to store these certificates with in the global address list so that users don't have to save them manually in there outlook clients. How do you go about doing this? Thanks, Arron ...

Calendar-generating e-mail
I have multiple expiry dates for rate changes that are set up on my calendar that others need to be reminded of also. Is there a way to tie the calendar entries to automatically generate an e-mail reminder to those who need to be reminded? What version of Outlook? There are things you could do, but it depends on the version of outlook. There are tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/AddIns/calendar_reminder.asp that can forward reminders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sl...

Tracking e-mail stats with SNMP
Is is possible to track the number of mails sent/received with SNMP? MGMT would like to post this information to our corporate intranet site, and I'm not sure how to do it.. Thanks, Steve On 4 Sep 2005 20:13:23 -0700, steve@foutty.org wrote: >Is is possible to track the number of mails sent/received with SNMP? >MGMT would like to post this information to our corporate intranet >site, and I'm not sure how to do it.. > > Thanks, > Steve Not with SNMP. You could do some logging on the SMTP and use a 3rd party solution to interpret those results for i...

pdf attachments in outlook 02
I have a problem when someone sends me a .pdf attachment per email. I can not see the attachment, i.e. I can see on the message size that there is an attachemnt there, but the attachemnt is invisible to me. If I try to forward the email to someone else, then the attachment reapears. Can someone please help me?? regards Nic ...

redirect http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange still failed..
Hi, I followed this KB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 and make sure that the /owaasp directory have no certificate used or encryption and changed the "Custom error" file to the URL - /owaasp/owahttps.asp but I still failed to redirect the http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange. I received this error message : You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer It did redirect this URL - https://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange but the URL - http://mail.abc.com just did not work. Please help.. Thank you....

Send Internal Mail Externally #2
I have a subsidiary that we connect to through a vpn tunnel. They are not a part of our Exchange organization. They use lotus notes for email. We are unable to telnet into their server and we believe that for some reason port 25 is being blocked internally. Is there any way to ensure that email to this subsidiary travels externally rather than internally? We are running Exchange 2003 sp2 on W2K3 server sp1. There is no lotus notes connector of any kind. All email directed to them is sitting in the queue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. CK Hello Chris, You can create an SMTP c...

OE6 Multiple identities receiving mail on shared computer
In Outlook Express 6, we have several identities sharing one computer. All identities receive all emails directed at any one of the identities. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Please Advise of solution. Post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for some excellent OE assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus,...

Outlook 2000 attachments #3
All of a sudden, messages I receive from web sites that I have subscribed to started coming with attachments. The attachments are a .txt file that contains the exact same message as the message itself. Since this only happens in Outlook and not when I retrieve the very same messages in my MSN account, it has to be something going on within Outlook. I have checked all of my settings and nothing appears to be amiss. It just started about 2 days ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on? If you have had Outlook open for a really long time (week...

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-18-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other membe...

Attachment Icons in reading pane
Hi, Until recently (rebuilt system etc...) in Outlook 2003 I could see attachment icons in the reading pane. I want to have this again, but cannot find the option / setting to alloow attachment icons to be visible in the reading pane. Can anyone help. TIA Where do they show now? "Eeyan" <eeyan@XXXsofthome.net> wrote in message news:dqruvd$q4m$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Hi, > > Until recently (rebuilt system etc...) in Outlook 2003 I could see > attachment icons in the reading pane. I want to have this again, but > cannot find the option / setting to a...

Hide Recipents
I have setup a public folder distribution list, is there any way, other than a bcc to hide the recipients? Or have it only show that specific person''s email address rather than the entire list? In news:F9643948-BB7A-4BD2-974A-3BE329D2D975@microsoft.com, Daniel Kaliel <DanielKaliel@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have setup a public folder distribution list, is there any way, > other than a bcc to hide the recipients? Or have it only show that > specific person''s email address rather than the entire list? I presume you mean, you have a public conta...

Error in sum function when using merged cells
Help! I recently discovered an error in my shipping worksheet. sometimes need to merge certain cells when I am combining items fro different purchase orders into the same shipment. However, when totaled the column (SUM) containing the merged cells, it delivers wrong answer. Specifically column F and column H that contain the merged cells don' add up correctly. Column F is +1 more than it should be. Column H i +125 more than it should be. I have been using this feature for about 6 months, and this is th first time it did this. Any ideas why the error +----------------------...

Move DB's from one 2003 server to another?
Is it possible to dismount stores on one Ex 2003 server, move the DB to another server and re-mount on the new server without having to move mailboxes using the Exchange Task Wizard? No sure abou moving the actual database. The Exmerge utility can be used to move data on mass. <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message news:1124596591.926312.157510@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to dismount stores on one Ex 2003 server, move the DB to > another server and re-mount on the new server without having to move > mailboxes using the Exchange Task Wizard? > ...

My e-mail isn't working
cybertrontoys@gmail.com Black Baptist wrote: > cyb3rtr0nt0ys@gm41l.c0m What does that have to do with Windows Vista? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html My sphincter isn't working "Black Baptist" <pray@the.church.com> wrote in message news:Xns9DCB159A7C07Cpraythechurchcom@209.197.15.238... > cybertrontoys@gmail.com ...

Distribution Groups
Is there a way to add external addresses to a distribution group? Thanks Sure. Depending on version of Exchange crate either Custom Recipient (E55) or Contact in AD (E2K+), and then add it to DG. jiggyp wrote: > Is there a way to add external addresses to a distribution > group? > > > Thanks > > ...