Advanced Find not searching sub-folders of shared Mailbox

I'm using Outlook 2003 to access my mailbox on an Exchange 2003 server
(SBS2003) and the shared mailbox of another user. When using Advanced Find
on the other mailbox it doesn't search sub-folders but it does on my
mailbox. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Lester Bennett

0
lbennett (5)

You're not missing anything. That's a design limitation.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Lester Bennett" <lbennett@entcom.com.au> wrote in message =
> I'm using Outlook 2003 to access my mailbox on an Exchange 2003 server =

> (SBS2003) and the shared mailbox of another user. When using Advanced =
Find=20
> on the other mailbox it doesn't search sub-folders but it does on my=20
> mailbox. Is there a setting I'm missing?
>=20
> Lester Bennett
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Merging folders in WLM
In OE and Windows Mail all messages went into the Inbox, no matter how many email addresses I had. In WLM they all go into separate folders. I'd like to have things back the way they were. How can I do this? Thanks Sorry, that's the way Windows Live Mail works. You can simulate the older mail client behavior by collapsing all the accounts to one line each, then do all your viewing via Quick View folders, which can be customized quite a bit. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "RobJenk" <...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Where do I receive or find a delivery receipt?
To test how delivery receipt works I sent an email to myself, requesting delivery receipt, (so I know that it was received) but what form does delivery receipt come in? Same thing with read receipt, I sent myself one, respond yes when I opened the message, but haven't received anything I can see that is a read receipt. Where would I find it? Delivery receipts are generated by the recipient's mail server, if it is supported. As for the read receipt, have you hit send/receive after reading the email? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

New Mailbox
Hi All, When I create a userid object for a new employee in 'Users and Computers' the NT account is created. I usually wait about 3-5 minutes and the email address are created. Yesteday when I created a new user the email address took about 15 minutes, but Exchange 2003 only created a X500 email address. No smtp etc. I am thinking that this is a problem with RUS, however I have run a rebuild and update, and still no luck, I cant seem to find any messages in the event log either! I deleted the entry and recreated the same user with the same result. I hope someone can help me!!! Tha...

missing or ill egal extract range advanced filter
I am trying to use the Advanced Filter in a macro routine. If I include all of the fields from the list, the macro works with my Copy to location, A1:K1. If I change my Copy to location to exclude irrelevant columns, I change the range to A1:G1. Every time I do this, I get an error messge: "The extract range has a missing or illegal field name." Since the filter runs fine, if I include all the field names, I assume I must have one missing. I'm copying and pasting the values, so the Copy to field headings match the list's field headings. Here are the criteria, if that co...

Newbie question: finding aliases and forwards
If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? Thanks. just go to Active Directory Users and computers and do a find with a filter by the users email Address "Joe Blow" wrote: > If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com > how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange > or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? > Thanks. > > > ...

having every deleted items folder empty on exit
Hi. I have outlook 2003 set up so that my deleted items folder in my default personal folders empties when I exit. At the same time, my wife has a personal folder set up that has a deleted items folder in it as well. However, this one does not empty automatically as the default deleted items folder does upon exit. Is there any way to change this so all deleted items folders empty when I exit? Thanks for any help. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

Shared User Issue When Opening Database
I have an issue this afternoon which, I feel probably isn't directly related to Access, but would be grateful for guidance if anyone has experienced this before. I have a database (default open mode - shared) which, this afternoon, won't allow a second user to open it. If a second user tries to open the database a message box is displayed quoting the path of the database file plus "The parameter is incorrect" The database is located on a shared folder on our network. Thanks for any assistance. Dave ONLY the data should be on a shared folder, not th...

Finding Transactions
I am using Money 06. Is there a way for me to locate transactions across my accounts where the 'Category' is blank? Thanks Transactions by Category report customized Category|Clear All, Category|Include unassigned income transactions, Category|Include unassigned expense transactions, Date|All Dates, Account|Select All, etc. "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24D7BE0D-2C92-42B2-8E58-BCF2202096D1@microsoft.com... >I am using Money 06. Is there a way for me to locate transactions across my > accounts where the 'Category' is bl...

mail does not find temporay directory to open attached .xls file
Since few weeks, I cannot open attached .xls file, for the temporary directory is not found. I bypass it by saving the xls file in a a folder and then open it from there. It does't work if saved on desktop. All other attached files, pps or world, are ok -- Are all your Windows Updates current? I seem to recall there was an update for IE8 a couple of months ago which fixed the failure to open attachments. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "escofie" <escofie@discussions.microsoft.com&...

I did install Genuine Advantage ActiveX control. But why could not find it in my IE Add-ons List?
Several days ago, I downloaded Windows Mobile Device Center from Micorosft web site for my Windows 7. As it needed Windows Genuine Verification, I installed the Genuine Advantage ActiveX control for my IE8. But now, I can not find this activeX control in my IE Add-ons List( IE -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons options of Internet Explorer ). Anyone could tell me why and where? Thanks in advance. It installed and it is not removable in any shape or form. Once done (Genuine Advantage ActiveX) it is done :-) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of oth...

Moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K in different domain
Hello, If anyone could give me some quick tips on what method to use to migrate mailboxes from a 5.5 box to a 2000 box that is in a different domain I would greatly appreciate it. We have built a fresh W2K domain and will be migrating our production NT4 domain. In testing, I have successfully replicated all users, groups, and computers to the new W2K domain using the active directory migration tool. The old/new domains currently have a full 2-way trust established. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, JW If you migrate the accounts successfully then the users will all be in t...

releasing shared folder from read only..
X-No-Archive: yes I've got a simple network, 3 computers + 2 wireless, all XP Pro. Have A folder called *work* set up on one computer which I can see, open and open files inside from any computer on the network. I cannot save back to the folder because it tells me it is 'read only' ..............which it is! I've disabled simple file sharing and set the folder to full control, (it's shared, obviously) and each time I unclick the read only radio button in the properties tab for the folder, click apply, exit and re-enter the folder, the read only radio butt...

Cannot access Public Folders via ESM
Hello, I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same problem if I try it from the exchange server, or remote. It just hangs, no error message. I or the users don’t have a problem connecting from outlook. I’m using exchange 2003 on wind server 2003 sp1 Thanks Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. "Marsel" <Marsel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBCE555-FCDD-4304-B2C4-F82E5DD1690E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same &g...

How Do I Share Data Files?
I need to deploy an application which shares data among all users of a computer. I thought I could do that by putting the data file in the Common Application Data folder. However, that doesn't work because Vista is using virtualization to make a unique copy of the file for each user, so it isn't being shared. How do I deploy an application with shared data? Is there a document anywhere that describes the best practices for folder usage in Vista? -TC ...

finding differing numbers.
How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in duplication. ie "numbers" 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2, 1, 2. "result" 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Thanks Chris Hi one way: - select your column - choose 'Data - Filter Advanced Filter' - choose a new range and 'unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany curleyc wrote: > How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a > list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in > duplicat...

where do i find autoarchive on my computer
I have Winows XP and have no idea how to find the archive file. I used to have an icon on the desk top but that has disappeared. Any help would be appreciated. Your question does not have anything to do with Word. Autoarchiving is a feature of Outlook. Was archiving of mail items that you were thinking of? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Ganga" <Ganga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Mailbox rights #5
I am trying to transport to a text file all the accounts listed in the mailbox rights of a mailbox. Can someone help? Thanks in advance. ...

MS+Premium-Advanced Budget Category Not Found
I originally sent MSM support this question and they replied with only a partial answer but I couldn't reply to their email and they gave no direct link to respond so am trying here: Problem: I have a number of transactions in the banking section with the drop down category being "Legal Fees" (which I believe is a standard MSM category?) but when I try to add that category it to the advanced budget via Edit Budget/Add/"Add a category to a budget group from the list below" - "Legal Fees" does not appear in the drop down select box. And then when I try t...

Cannot Install / Find Driver for Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver USB?
I recently purchased a Microsoft Comfort 5000 wireless keyboard and mouse. I can successfully install the software associated with the keyboard and mouse, but when I plug in the USB Transceiver device Windows Install shield tells me "the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software'. I've tried manually to search the disk and my hard drive and it still cannot find the software. It doesn't matter if I plug the USB device into any of the USB slots on my PC. I'm running Windows XP and have had similar install problems with ...

Is there any easy way to find out the version of MDB file ?
We are using MS Access 2003. We just find that there is a MDB file that hasn't been used for a number of years. We would like to know is there any easy way to find out which version of MS Access (Like Access 97 / Access 2.0) it is created ? When we open it, it asks us to "Convert" or "Open it". Thanks http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2e861e76-5d89-450a-b977-980a9841111e&DisplayLang=en may be of use. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft...

Lost folder #3
All my folders are gone. In outlook express i had a folder right after my drafts it's now gone. How can i find this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us...

2 Personal folders??
Hi. I've just pasted my saved PST file into a newly formatted and newly installed Outlook 2003. Copied it into Me>local settings>application data>Microsoft>Outlook The trouble is, on opening Outlook, I now have 2 Personal folders, they are identical. All my stuff is there but twice. Could you please tell me how I can get rid of one Thank you Hi JB, maybe you have a Ghost PST file: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Groupware without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronization for laptops: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware....

Problems replication Public Folders
Hi, I have two Exchange Servers with Public Folders, they are replicating. I want to disconnect one of them for ever. My question is, what happend with the folders? All information are in the two server duplicated? I'm not going to loose any information. Thanks for all, I'm begginer in Exchange Server Mauricio Campos You need to make sure that you follow Microsoft's removal instructions before you just take an Exchange server offline. You will cause hell for yourself if you dont. See these Microsoft Docs. 235396 XADM: How to Determine the First Exchange Server Computer ...