Adobe Acrobat conflict with Outlook after installation of Office XP SP3

I recently installed Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and MS Office SP 3 - on the
same day. Since then, every time I want to send an e-mail I get a
pop-up screen advising me that "another program is trying to access
the addresses stored in Outlook"

I could not find anything in Outlook to adjust or identify the cause
of the problem.

I used WinXP "restore"  to remove SP 3 and the error messages stopped.
but they started again when I reinstalled it.

The same thing happened when I uninstalled and re-installed Adobe
Acrobat.

Did any of you guys come across anything like this?

Ted
0
elfer (1)

Known issue and try disabling Word as your e-mail editor.  (The Adobe addin
is trying to read the body of the message.  SP3 added additional security
blocks to stop viruses/worms from trying to gather more e-mail addys.)

"Ted Elfer" <elfer@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I recently installed Adobe Acrobat 6.0 and MS Office SP 3 - on the
> same day. Since then, every time I want to send an e-mail I get a
> pop-up screen advising me that "another program is trying to access
> the addresses stored in Outlook"
>
> I could not find anything in Outlook to adjust or identify the cause
> of the problem.
>
> I used WinXP "restore"  to remove SP 3 and the error messages stopped.
> but they started again when I reinstalled it.
>
> The same thing happened when I uninstalled and re-installed Adobe
> Acrobat.
>
> Did any of you guys come across anything like this?
>
> Ted

0
neoheart (690)
4/11/2004 2:19:20 PM
I have the same problem, and I want to use Word as my
default e-mail editor, and I want to use Adobe.

It would be nice to be able to set a default response in
the popup, so that I don't always have to click on
the "No" button.

There must be a user-friendlier way to do this.

Hergen

0
anonymous (74722)
4/26/2004 12:01:47 AM
I wish I had something better to report, but there isn't a way to configure
that dialog.

> I have the same problem, and I want to use Word as my
> default e-mail editor, and I want to use Adobe.
>
> It would be nice to be able to set a default response in
> the popup, so that I don't always have to click on
> the "No" button.
>
> There must be a user-friendlier way to do this.
>
> Hergen

0
neoheart (690)
4/26/2004 12:09:13 PM
Do you really use the Adobe options shown on the Outlook toolbar? If not,
you can disable just the outlook integration - see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems
for instructions. Otherwise, you'll need to use ClickYes (not recommended
as it will say yes to warnings triggered by viruses too) or convert files
to pdf before sending by email.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

[Posted using NewsLook NNTP add-in for Outlook]

0
info2937 (567)

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Outlook OOF

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book