Address Format Problem

I am using Pocket PC 2002 and I'm trying to send email via active sync to MS
Outlook 2002 and I'm experiencing problems. ActiveSync transfers the email
from Pocket Outlook over to the Outlook 2002 (desktop) outbox, however, it
drops it into the outbox with quotations around the email address (in the
To: field). For example, the email address will read as follows:
'jdoe@sbcglobal.net' The quotations then cause the following error reply
from my ISP:

Message from yahoo.com.

Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<'jdoe@sbcglobal.net'>:

Sorry, I couldn't find any host named sbcglobal.net'. (#5.1.2)

I've two questions. First, does anyone have any insights as to how to cure
this quotation issue and second, is there any way to get Outlook 2002 to
send the message automatically? i.e., I find that I must go into the Outlook
2002 outbox on the desktop computer, open the message and then hit the send
button as it will not send by just hitting the Send/ Receive button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DC

0
dc50093 (1)

Dan C <dc50093@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am using Pocket PC 2002 and I'm trying to send email via active
> sync to MS Outlook 2002 and I'm experiencing problems. ActiveSync
> transfers the email from Pocket Outlook over to the Outlook 2002
> (desktop) outbox, however, it drops it into the outbox with
> quotations around the email address (in the To: field). For example,
> the email address will read as follows: 'jdoe@sbcglobal.net' The
> quotations then cause the following error reply from my ISP:
>
> Message from yahoo.com.
>
> Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).
>
> <'jdoe@sbcglobal.net'>:
>
> Sorry, I couldn't find any host named sbcglobal.net'. (#5.1.2)

You might get a better response in
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl
Hi, I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging) it runs perfectly. Iam trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control and then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox. As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable solution. Thanks in advance Vijay...

format based on data from another cell
I want the names in column B of my spread sheet to highlight either red or yellow based on the value of the cell in column L, but with conditional formatting you can only format based on the value of the cell you are formatting, as far as i can tell. Hi Sanna conditional formatting can be used to do this, select the column B cells that you want the formatting to be applied to, ensure that the first selected cell is the first line visible at the top of the worksheet choose format / conditional formatting choose formula is type =$L2=x where row 2 is the first row in the selected column an...

Problems with System.Xml
Hi there, I have this snippet: using System.Xml; .... XmlDocument doc = ...; XmlNode foo = doc.CreateElement("foo"); foo.Attributes.Appen(doc.CreateAttribute("id", "23")); my 'foo' tag looks like this: <foo d2p1:id="" d2p1="23"/> My questions are: 1. Why? ;-) 2. How can I get rid of the d2p stuff and have just <foo id="23/>? Thanks in advance, Giulio -- On Nov 16, 3:19=A0pm, Giulio Petrucci <faken...@fakedomain.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I have this snippet: > > u...

Install Problems
CRM V1.2 Install Fails with: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to Create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:Replication\p_DeleteSchedule.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14) Environment: Win2k3 Enterprise SP1 SQL Server 2005 beta Exchange 2003 Standard SP1 Server Roles: File Server Print Server Application Server Domain Controller (Active Directory) DNS Server Please let me know if any other stats about the server would be helpful in diagnosing this issue. I would really like to get this software running. I am logged on as...

number formatted cell
If I am typing in 19 numbers in a cell (that has been formatted to number) to keep track of account numbers, it puts zeroes at the end and only 15 numbers are showing. If I go into another cell and choose text first before typing and then type my numbers you can see all the numbers, but when I try to go and change the number formatted cell to text the number still does not change unless I retype the number. Is this the way this works? yes excel only keeps track of the first 15 digits in a number, if you entered more digits as a number,they are now lost. "Pam Coleman" wrote...

using GETPIVOTDATA feature and need to keep formatting
I want to copy a value from a pivot table and am combining it with text using the =(C1&" "&(Getpivotdata....)) feature. The values in the pivot table are monitary and I'd like to keep the $ sign and '000 comma but the formatting disappears (ie no comma or $ sign) Thanks =(C1&" "&TEXT((Getpivotdata....),"$#,##0.00")) -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "CTTTTT" wrote: > I want to copy a value from a pivot table and am combin...

Formatting drop-down menus
How do you change the size of font used to display options in a drop-down menu placed on a spreadsheet? I have tried formatting the default font size for the spreadsheet & the font size in the cell range used for the drop-down menu options but neither worked and I can't find anything in the help files. Windows XP home, Office 2000 Premium, All updates installed. You can't change the font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. However, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's some sample code here: http://www.context...

Copying Formatting Styles
I am using Word 2003. When I copy text from one document to another all the underlying formating, including bullets, headers etc do not get copied. This does not happen always though. I tried copying formatting styles from source document to destination using Windows Organizer but that did not help. Please advise. Thanks. By default, the destination styles will be used when you copy text from one Word document to another. In your case, you may want to reverse the process: Instead of copying text from document A to B, copy the relevant pieces of text from document B to documen...

Selecting Font Colors
Greetings group, my 1st post here. I've been trying to figure out how to use/create additional text font colors beyond the 40 palate or 16 additional in the Format Cells dialog. Is this possible? Is there a show codes area to tweak? or better still a color wheel for the Text Font Color available. I'm using: Microsoft(R) Office Excel 2003 (11.8012.6568) SP2 - thanks in advance M.D. About all you can do is modify the existing colors under Tools>Options>Colors>Modify. This is not a global change, just a workbook by workbook basis. You can import your modified scheme...

Problems connecting to POP3 server
Hello I am using Outlook XP to access my POP3 email account. It has been working fine for about 2 years but all of a sudden, I'm getting error messages saying that it can't access the server. I know that the service is working fine because I can use a web-based service to connect to it. I haven't installed anything new on my machine and my web connection hasn't changed. Any idea? TIA Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's something to do with recent updates to my AV software. Jo Sorry, false alarm. I've just realised that it's somethi...

How do I import a hotmail address book into Outlook?
is it my imagination or has microsoft made it ridiculously difficult to export NINE PAGES OF MY HOTMAIL ADDRESS BOOK into microsoft Outlook?!?! austinjames ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?m...

Problem with custom message class
Hi, I encountered the following problem: from the add-in I added a custom property and I changed the message class for all of the contacts. When I open a contact (any contact) it is opened with the old message class, but if I looked with Outlook Spy the contact has my custom message class. The contact is displayed with my custom form only after I close and reopen again Outlook. What could be the problem here ? Thanks, K.I For one thing, your code needs to make sure it dereferences the item after making changes. Also, Outlook does some caching of individual items, so if the item had been ...

Conditional Format Tracker by Date
I'm building a tracker to make sure paperwork is done on time. Headers: A:Name B:IDNum C:Phone D:StartDate E:Plan F:Paperwork G:30DAuth H:90DAuth I'd like to use conditional formatting to compare the dates and color the cells for easier tracking. The compare TO date is column D. In column E, we have 7 days to write the plan so if there is no date in that column, turn red. When a date is entered turn green if within 7 days but yellow if it's past 7 days. In column F, same as column E but only 3 days for that one. (I can figure that out if I get a w...

Smartlist builder SQL problem
Hi, I have been trying to create a calculated field in the smartlist builder in Dynamics GP. The calculated field is supposed to show the amount of time until a service call runs out of SLA. The actual code for that works fine ( see the @SLA section of the code). But I also need it to have it so that before it returns a time it checks to see if there is any data in the arrival date and time columns, if there is data in there then it should just say "LA Met". Also some of the rows do not have SLAs and they return a number: 955138:39 I want to set the calculated field to displa...

Form textbox refresh problem
Hello! I have two forms. One is bound to a table of volunteers, the other is bound to a table of their efforts. The effort form gets data about the volunteers in a one-to-many fashion (one volunteer, hopefully many efforts). In the effort table, we have fields for PeopleID, but that's it. In the people table, we have no identifiers for effort. I'd like to be able to display the volunteer's first and last name on the effort form, so that the user can tell what's going on "behind the scenes" and to prevent entry error. For the first volunteer I choose, there'...

New Outlook Toolbar problem
I have set up a new tool bar called GTD and have placed several commands on it (e.g. move to folder, custom flag, etc.). It works fine when set-up but when I close outlook and reopen the toolbar either disappears or has missing icons. Is there anyway to keep the toolbar permanately or at least to ensure that it stays or does not become modified? Not to sure if it can be saved either? Thanks Kita Toolbar issues belong to the programmers of the toolbar. If they don't = program the toolbars correctly, you will consistently see this issue. I = would contact the makers of Getting Things...

Problems adding member variables in my derived CWinApp class?
Hi, I have problems adding member variables in my derived CWinApp class. Every time I try to access one variable I get an memory access violation? E.g. I have an integer that I initialise in the constructor of the class but every time I try to use the integer I get the memory error? I havn't found anything in documentation that states that derived classes cant have their own member variables.... Any suggestions? Regards /S Hi Scott, No, I don't use any pointers. What I've tried is a simple integer and every time I try to use the integer (intInt) I get the memory violat...

reply to address
Hi, Is it possible to set up Outlook 2003 to have a Reply To: Sent to address? I have a number of emails that I send out on a daily basis to the same email address that I sent an email to a day or so earlier. I have been using the Reply to all button and deleting my email address from the To: address field but would like to delete this step if possible. Is this possible? -- Cheers . . . JC Sure you can. Are you using POP/IMAP account or Exchange? If POP or IMAP you can set it for every message in account settings. Or you can change it per message for POP/IMAP and exchange on the Optio...

Stop getting spam from different address
Hello, I have Outlook 2003 and I am wondering "How can I stop getting other peoples e-mail address" I received e-mail address that does not belong to me for example info@comcast.net or other strange address. Is there a way to stop that using Outlook 2003 filters. If so how do I do it. Or do I need to buy a program that stops that? All I want is to received my e-mail using only my e-mail address. Any advice will be appreciate.Thank you. You can either set your Junk E-mail Filter to a higher level or configure a rule to move all messages that are not send to you direct...

Can I Apply Conditional Formatting to a Chart?
I don't agree with my boss's ideas regarding Excel Charts - I think that they are to cluttered and become less effective. So, I would like to apply conditional formatting via a checkbox to "turn off"(apply white/transparent properties)to one or more series in a chart, effectively eliminating the overlapping series from view temporarily. Can this be done? Is the answer VB?I think this could be very effective in clarifying data that is consistently overlapping each other. (Actually I would just make 3 separate charts on the same page, but nobody is asking me!) Tell me w...

Conditional Formatting #3
Hi all I have this conditional format in cell BB35 =IF(BB35>$BB$37,TRUE) If I insert cells between BB35 & BB37, then the formula changes to =IF(BB35>$BB$38,TRUE) Is there a way of making BB37 absolute, or is there a formula using ROW that I could use? Many thanks -- George Gee -- Select cell B35 Choose Format>Conditional Formatting From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is In the formula box, type: =B35>INDIRECT("$B$37") Click the Format button and select your formatting Click OK, click OK George Gee wrote: > I have this conditional format in cell BB35...

Money 2000 Invoice printing problem
I have a problem with the characters in invoices all printing upside down. The characters are all laid out in the correct place but the characters are flipped upside down. Report printing is all ok. I have tried reinstalling Money and also doing a Restore in XP back to before the problem occurred but no improvement. Any suggestions would be welcome Thanks Graham ...

Auto format causes very large .xls files and slows my application.
I don't know how many rows of data will be entered at runtime. Presently I guess the maximum and apply auto format conditions to all rows that "could" be used. But this is creating very large .xls files (35MB) and is very inefficient since every cell format is reassessed every time the workbook is modified (can't switch off auto calc since users will forget to calc ! it's ok for me but not them.). Without using VBA, is there a way to apply auto format to rows containing data ? Select the range, then use Format - Autoformat. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthis...

Outlook Template Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C55D55.E934EB90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a document that I want to save as a template to use over and over = again. I have read the instructions found here: = http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051892651033.aspx but I = cannot do this part... 1.. In the Save as type box, click Document Template. This file type = will already be selected if you are saving a file that you created as a = template. Is this something that come...

Memo Field Cursor Positioning Problem
I use this code to date stamp a memo field: Me.Notes = Notes & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "=============== Added by " & Me! txtSTATION & " on " & _ Now() & " ===============" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & " " Me.Notes is the textbox And the code is: Copying everything in Notes, moving down to rows (vbCrLf & vbCrLf), adding the first segment of the new line "=============== Added by ", Stamping in the Station owner "=============== Added by " & Me!txtSTATION, Adding the date stamp " on " &...