Address book showing business fax?

Hi.

I have OL2003, and when I click on the To: or CC: buttons (displaying the
address book) I see 2 entries for people with business faxes as well as
email addresses. Is there a way to filter the address book to only show
entries for email?

Thanks.

0
RFB

The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all
electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed.
The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a
different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha
character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers.
There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you
automatically. Some are listed here:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"RFB" <x@x.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have OL2003, and when I click on the To: or CC: buttons (displaying the
> address book) I see 2 entries for people with business faxes as well as
> email addresses. Is there a way to filter the address book to only show
> entries for email?
>
> Thanks.

0
russval (3097)

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Auto Forward mail to a group of External addresses
Can someone please tell me how I create an Auto Forward to a group of external email addresses. I want to setup an auto forward on my exchange so that all mail sent to forward@mydomain.com is then forwarded to a group of email accounts such as me@hotmail.com, me@yahoo.com, user@mail.com. Can someone please tell me how I set this up on an exchange server. I know how to do it for an individual but I can't work out how I create an auto forward for a group of people. Thanks for any advice! what version Exchange? only the terminology is different...create custom recipients/contacts ...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Delivery Options Does Not Show Up.
I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but I can't seem to find the Delivery Options Button under "Exchange Advanced" tab of ADU&C. I can only see three options: Custom Attributes ILS Settings Mailbox Rights What am I missing. It should be there. Thanks for your time Percy it's on the Exchange General tab... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Percy" <Percy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:845C7BCF-BB5B-4E56-9CB6-5C05F32F3A9E@microsoft.com... >I need to setup an alternative recipient to one of my mailboxes but ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...

Outlook 2002 Address Book #2
New entries do not appear in address book contents list. Thought it might be a space problem, but have deleted all extraneous data (i.e. deleted items. However, when I try to re-enter the contact, Outlook asks if I wish to replace the earlier entry for the same contact. Any ideas? Explain more accurately what you mean. Where are entries not appearing that you expect them to? Are you selecting the correct Contacts Folder from the "Show names from..." dropdown? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lulu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88020...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Saving address to replyed emails
IN outlook express I could automatically save the email address when I replyed to an email. I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 Can some please help Not possible. You will need to right click on the address and select to Add to Contacts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Garth <smilepolice@hotmail.com> typed: | IN outlook express I could automatically save the email | address when I replyed to an email. | | I want to be able to do this in outlook 2002 | | Can some please help ...

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

How to clear old e-mail addresses?
My address book is empty, and my contact list is empty (those show up empty when I use Tools, Address Book), but when I send a new e-mail message, on typing the first letter of the addressee name, a drop-down list appears with e-mail addresses for everyone I've ever e-mailed. How can I clear out these names? . Thanks for any ideas. You can simply use the cursor arrows and delete them or you can delete the file *.nk2 that is located in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook But this options will delete all autoresolution addresses- -- Ricard...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

setting up a book cover?
I've been reading about this, the only directions I could find for doing it is how to set up a book (for pubish on demand, mainly) in WORD. This has a very brief discription of how to to set up the cover design (if one has no choice) in Word. Since I have Publisher (2000) I'm thinking that would be better, of course. I don't have a specific book and cover in mind, just would like to learn to do it. The directions for Word has how to set up the measurments, with extra on the edges for "bleed" and figuring the space for the spine (going by pages in the book...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

Scrolling in Address Book
Help Please. I am unable to use my scroll wheel in the Address Book of Outlook 2002 (SP 3 Installed). It works throughout the rest of the program, such as scrolling through messages, etc. Also, moving the sliding bar on the right of the screen does not move the entries either. This is a major inconvenience for me. ...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

PAB DOMAIN CHANGE for hundreds of address entries
Anyone know how to change all email domains in the PAB file at once? My company name changed with our emil domain and I have over 1000 entries. I'm looking to make a universal change, but cannot figure out how to import changes to PAB file. I can import to CONTACTS but not PAB, which I keep separate. Thanks. .. >Anyone know how to change all email domains in the PAB >file at once? Outlook 2000 and up don't use the PAB. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is ...