Address book problems #3

How do I move the address book from Outlook to Outlook Express?  Somehow,
I've lost the Outlook Express address listings completely...

Cindy

0
cforman (1)

Outlook does not use an address book.
You would have to export your Contacts Folder into some format that OE can
import, such as CSV.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Cindy Forman" <cforman@fcol.com> wrote in message
> How do I move the address book from Outlook to Outlook Express?  Somehow,
> I've lost the Outlook Express address listings completely...
>
> Cindy

0
russval (3097)

Install Fail CRM 3.0
I am having a problem with the CRM 3.0 install, an excerpt from my logfile is listed below. My setup is: The CRM box has the following installed: Windows 2003 Std Server MS SQL 2005 (with SSRS installed) Other Boxes: Another Server runs MS Excahnge Domain Controllers I have tried to install CRM to the local domain (Atlas) and to the OU both give this result. I have IIS running, I can browse to the default web., the SSRS Reports and ReportServer sites OK. I got thru the prerequisites OK. Excerpt of the logfile where it stops: 11:39:30|Verbose| Adding account NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK S...

Exporting a List Of Addresses
I have been asked to export a list of all addresses within our network. While I am pretty sure there was a button on Exchange 5.5 to do this, I cannot seen to find a tool to enable this task in 2003. Any ideas??? Hi maybe there is an easiest way but I use dsquery or csvde to do such a things dsquery * dc=exchange,dc=edu -filter "(&(objectclass=user)(objectcategory=person))" -attr displayname proxyAddresses for domain exchange.edu and for users only Nebojsa Seslija "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C86675-2A31-44BD-8AF...

How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook?
How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? First export from WP to a CSV file (comma separated values) that OL can import. "Campross" wrote: > How can I import an WordPerfect Address Book into Outlook? ...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

Restore Question #3
Hello All: Just testing 2003 in a lab environment and have a question. Single server with a single mailbox store. Put some mail in user1 mailbox, backed up exchange and deleted the mail. Did a restore and the mailbox is still empty. I understand the concept of the recovery store to retrieve email from a mailbox store but then what is the point in backing up the store if you cannot do a full restore? It surely doesn't restore mailboxes to their state prior to the backup so what's the point? Am I missing something here? Thanks Are you saying the mailbox doesn't show up in...

Problems with rules
I have a problem with a rule. When I get email from a certain address it ends up in my designated spam folder. The problem is that this particular email address is not listed in my unwanted email list and no rules are supposed to trigger on the message in question. What could be causing this? ...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Contact additions from e-mail addresses
Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts? That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list. Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create co...

Problem with objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")
Hi, I have found several examples of scripts that use this: "objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")" to print text files. However, when I use it, I get a dialog box for every single file printed with the date/time and an OK button. This is really anoying if you have hundreds of files to Print. I have seen the issue brought up before, but no answer to the question. I did try to send it to NUL objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print") > NULL but that did nothing at all. Is there a way to print all the text files in a directory with out having to click OK 100 ti...

Outlook Problem #28
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user who when closes Outlook and opens it again, it says that = the Exchange server is no longer available. I setup the Outlook to = point to the Exchange again and it works fine. But when you close it, = it does it again. Any ideas! --=20 Maurice ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Problems with autosum...
I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know a solution? This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show two decimal places. For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204 which is displayed as 22...

Outlook Archiving #3
Am running MS Office 2000 on HP Pavilion laptop with Windows Me. Occassionally when entering Outlook, I get a message box that asks "Would you like to Archive now?" In the past, when I click "Yes", all was well. Now, I click Yes, but then get another message box that states "Unable to archive one or more folders". I note that I have a file titled Archive.pst which contains 22MB. How can I clear my machine to archive data from Outlook...if indeed I need to do so...?? Help, please. JWC Hi, If you select from the menu: Tools> Options> Other(tab)...

Maximum number of SMTP addresses per user
Hi we use an antispam filter that using ldap to determine if an email address is valid before it reaches our exchange servers. This is very effective and reduces the ammount of spam we receive. The system does not send bounce backs if an address is not valid. What I have been asked to do is to send find a way to send a message back to the sender when someone emails an address of an employee that has left the company to inform them to contact our customer services department. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a mailbox that has multiple smtp addresses on it that has an...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

microsoft office #3
I just reinstalled microsoft office:mac 2004 on my iBook G4 and now whenever I open any of the programs (word, excel and powerpoint) a window saying "an unexpected error occurred while trying to load the microsoft framework library" pops up. I haven't noticed a change in the functioning of the program apart from that, should I be concerned? Hi Nathalie- Did you run Repair Disk Permissions after reinstalling Office? If not, try that, then log out/in & see if the problem persists. Did you use the Remove Office utility before reinstalling? Why did you reinstall in the firs...

Problems when Ripping CDs to .mp3
I've started ripping a lot of my CDs to .mp3 format, but keep running into a problem when doing so. I'm currently using Windows XP & Windows Media Player 11. When I insert a CD, the ripping process begins as it should. A folder is created with the Artist name, Album name, Song titles, etc. Somewhere along the way, though, the Media Player and/or OS begins to "redo" things and creates a folder titled "Unknown Artist" along with a bunch of subfolders titled "Unknown Album (5-29-2010 1-46-31 PM). The subfolders all contain certain tracks f...

Strange problem after migration
After migrating over to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 we are having a strange user poblem with Exchange. I migrated the user accounts over with the ADM tool then installed/migrated exchange over from 5.5. Now when I try to connect to OWA or using Outlook I have to login as: HCS\jhay instead of just jhay. HCS was the old NT4 domain and now my new domain is trillion21. I did the steps listed in Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide and everything went fine with no errors. Another thing is that if I go into AD Users and right click on a user it does not have any Exchange taks e...

email address not updating in global list
We have a single Exchnage 2003 server. An exchnage enabled user account was created with the wrong spelling. I went to ADUC and right clicked on the object and renamed it. I then when into the properties and changed the spelling everywhere I could find it. I can manually send an email to the correct address, but When I go to Outlook 2003 and look inthe global list, the incorrect spelling is there. I made this correction over a week ago. I then went to Exchnage System Manager, and fond the Default Offline Address list and right clicked on the object and selected rebuild. But it s...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem #2
I installed my Outlook 2002 when I attempted to start it it refused to start giving me this message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the infrmation service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do you have any ideas for me Will Decker wdecker2@cox.net Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

How to change 'Address List Name' Property from a MailEnabled Public Folder?
I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i found no Property or Method. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook. Who can help? ' ------------ Dim strURLOpen Dim strURLItem Dim objMailRecipient Dim objConnection Dim objRecord Dim objFolder Const adModeReadWrite = 3 Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000 Const adCreateC...

Apply ADDRESS formula in VB
Hey Everyone, I got a quickie here. I have made this spreadsheet code using a lot of info on here. Now I wan to use it in VB. =ADDRESS(MATCH(Sheet2!$A$23,INDIRECT("'"&Sheet2!$A$19&"'!$B:$B"),0),MATCH(Sheet2!$A$14,INDIRECT("'"&Sheet2!$A$19&"'!$A$1:$V$1"),0)) What I want to do, is have the outcome of this formula (i.e. $B$2) to be the ControlSource cell for my TextBox. It has to be flexible, meaning that if any variable change, and because of that the ADDRESS changes, it will automatically update. Thanks ...

Excel functions #3
Hi. How can i change the "," symbol with the ";" in the syntax of an Excel Function ? For examp. ceiling(A1,3) to be ceiling(A1;3) Thank you. Change in the Regional settings of the control panel, on the Regional Options click the Customize button, that will get you there. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "nikos" <nikos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B673ECB4-472B-4590-8D10-B35634393DB4@microsoft.com... > Hi. > How can i change the "," symbol with the ";" in the syntax of an Excel > Function...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool
NewsMaestro 3.7.5 has been released. It includes support for Windows/Linux/Unix. All the class files are provided. Linux version has been verified with Sun's JVM. On Windows, it runs under both Microsoft and Sun JVM. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFSs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed from/to archives. New features and bug fixes: Source code is included. Version 3.7.5 * Fixed a bug introduced ...