Address Book or Contacts Outlook 2000

Hello,

I am trying to set up my contacts in Outlook 2000.  I imported them fine but
would like to put them in folders.  In Outlook Express I could create a new
folder and then copy addresses in them.  And then just open that folder to
send emails to the individuals in that folder.  How do I do that in Outlook
2000?

Bec
Sorry not too clear am I?

Don't use folders - use categories.  When you want to send a message to a
category of, say friends, display your contacts by category, then click
actions->new message to contact.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After scratching one's head,
beccas1963 <beccas1963@discussions.microsoft.com> asked this group:
| Hello,
|
| I am trying to set up my contacts in Outlook 2000.  I imported them
| fine but would like to put them in folders.  In Outlook Express I
| could create a new folder and then copy addresses in them.  And then
| just open that folder to send emails to the individuals in that
| folder.  How do I do that in Outlook 2000?
|
| Bec
| Sorry not too clear am I?

0
MillyS (3228)
8/14/2004 10:37:31 PM
great and thanks.

Now ummm could you give me a hint on how to set up categories?  I have tried
the help feature in Outlook 2000 and I have that Outlook 2000 for dummies but
I can't find out where to set them up at.

Thanks,
Bec

Bottom of contact window, categories.  There are several preset categories
that you can add.

Ask Help for more detailed information as it is pretty basic - if you have
specific problems after trying, then please post back and we will be happy
to help.  Use the help file until you are stuck.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, beccas1963 asked:

| great and thanks.
|
| Now ummm could you give me a hint on how to set up categories?  I
| have tried the help feature in Outlook 2000 and I have that Outlook
| 2000 for dummies but I can't find out where to set them up at.
|
| Thanks,
| Bec

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

invalid email address

contact list #13

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Contacts in Exchange #2

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

outlook 2007 e-mail

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...