address book not finding contact when putting in letters

I guess I have general questions about the find function on the top of the
toolbar, I have a contact in the company field called netflix, when I type
net in the find box, it does not show up, but if I type netflix, it does
show up???  why is that , I have noticed this on several contacts

0
bob

Same thing with me
I have a name and email address in the Outlook Contacts
When sending an email, sometimes as I type the name the email appears,
sometimes it does not

"bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message
>I guess I have general questions about the find function on the top of the
> toolbar, I have a contact in the company field called netflix, when I type
> net in the find box, it does not show up, but if I type netflix, it does
> show up???  why is that , I have noticed this on several contacts

While I'm not certain what version of OL you two are using, if it is OL2002
(xp) or OL2K3) what you are experiencing is MS Outlooks' Autocomplete
function.  Outgoing e-mail addresses are stored in a hidden/system folder
known as an NK2 file.

This file can be opened, edited and exported using a utility that our
company has developed.  It's called Owtlook.  You can find it at
www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm if you're interested.

Good luck.
Randy
"Michael Mause" <michaelmause@free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
> Same thing with me
> I have a name and email address in the Outlook Contacts
> When sending an email, sometimes as I type the name the email appears,
> sometimes it does not
>
> "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message
>>I guess I have general questions about the find function on the top of the
>> toolbar, I have a contact in the company field called netflix, when I
>> type
>> net in the find box, it does not show up, but if I type netflix, it does
>> show up???  why is that , I have noticed this on several contacts

duplicated contacts in CRM 3.0
Is it a known issue? 2 people in the marketing team downloaded+updated+synced upload the contact to CRM, the contact became duplicated. Thanks Ken Wong wrote: > Is it a known issue? 2 people in the marketing team > downloaded+updated+synced upload the contact to CRM, the contact became > duplicated. > > Thanks Under some circumstances the link will be broken between crm and outlook. For instance, if they move the contact to a different folder. See the CRM install readme and check if perhaps your users are doing something that would fall into the scenarios listed t...

how to find my emails back up on MS exchange server 2003 server
(Type your message here) Hi recently my system hard disk is crashed and i lost all my emails, is there any way to retieve all my emails from MS exchnage server 2003? we are using Outlook 2003 and Ms exchange 2003 server on W2k3 server,, i really appreciate early reply -------------------------------- From: crisdy r ----------------------- Posted by a user from AdminLife (http://www.adminlife.com/) <Id>vvvVXU4h1EmHO+yaKhvTLA==</Id> I would suggest to contact Microsoft PSS. -------------------------- Martin Tuip MVP Exchange Exchange 2000 List owner www.exchange-mail.org www.shar...

doing save as and get message that it cant find file
I create a spreadsheet in Office 2007 and want to save it to a server on the network. I do Save As and point to server location and error message comes back saying "The file cannot be found". Only option is OK and then message pops up saing that Document was not saved. I am able to do the same operation using Office 2003. ...

Put downloaded messages back onto Exchange Server
I have users that have downloaded their messages to their computer but we want them to be saved on the Exchange Server 2003. Is there a way to get them back on the server? I know to check the "Leave Messages on Server" box but it's a little late for a couple of these people. you mean they are using pop3? or just using pst file as "delivery point"? only thing to do now is to manually move the messages back into the mailboxes... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jonas" <jonas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FBB0584-038C-47EE-9CC8-9C4DD28C...

How can music clips be put in a cell?
Im doing a project on excel and i dont know how to put music clips in to a certian cel so i can use it for my project. please help if you can!!!! insert / object / create from file ...

find which distribution lists contacts are in
Hi, My contacts are in a relatively wide array of distribution lists. Is there a way of identifying what lists each or in without having to open each list individually. Thnaks in advance. -- jbyrne "jbyrne" <jbyrne.5e8079d@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:jbyrne.5e8079d@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi, > > My contacts are in a relatively wide array of distribution lists. Is > there a way of identifying what lists each or in without having to open > each list individually. > > Thnaks in advance. > No. If you u...

Finding & removing MoSearch.exe
I am getting a MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error. Instructions on how to resolve say to find the MoSearch.exestartup item through the /run/msconfig/ .... but there is NO MoSearch.exe file. So what do I do now?? -- Thanks. Rob You could Find the file and rename it to mosearch.exD and then it should toss an error you can trace. rpm wrote: > I am getting a MS Visual C++ Runtime Library error. Instructions on how to > resolve say to find the MoSearch.exestartup item through the /run/msconfig/ > ... but there is NO MoSearch.exe file. > > So what do I do ...

Address book problem #6
The addresses of people I write to are for some reason no longer automatically being added to my address book (Outlook 2007). How can I start this happening again? They never were, perhaps you mean they are not added to the autocomplete list? "wapanap" <me@universe.com> wrote in message news:%23WTWE9y6JHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > The addresses of people I write to are for some reason no longer > automatically being added to my address book (Outlook 2007). How can I > start this happening again? Yes, that's what I mean! What can I do? "DL&qu...

What is "Book 1" in excel?
How can I disable the "Do you want to save changes to Book1" every time I save an excel file? hi book 1 is the default blank workbook that excel opens with. each time a new workbook is add, excel will number it as book 2, book 3 etc. it will keep the name book whatever untill you save the file and give it another name. otherwise excel will save it as book 1. "Do you want to save changes to Book1" this message usually appears when you close excel and there are open workbooks with unsaved changes. it should not appear when you save a workbook so i'm confused. pl...

Using brackets in email address SMTP format
Hi, does anyone of you know how to configure exchange server to be able to accept email messages with "username@ [smtpserverip]" format of smtp email address? Thanks in advance Karel kr@eg.cz "Karel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d9e801c45442$ba5b8030$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, does anyone of you know how to configure exchange > server to be able to accept email messages with "username@ > [smtpserverip]" format of smtp email address? > > Thanks in advance > > Karel > kr@eg.cz > Which version of E...

Book publishing: large, small file
I am editing what amounts to a book, about 400 pages, about 250 photographs. Word was just not doing a good job with the placement of pictures, so I wanted to start using a desktop publisher. So far Publisher 2003 has been sort of a trying experience to learn after using Word for many years. It never imported my Word document right for probably a number of reasons. So I was doing it the cut-and-paste way, about 20 pages at a time, with both Word and Publisher open at the same time. It seemed to have a problem with the pictures (so I removed them all), with the headers and footers (so I...

OL2K3 messages, contacts into OL2K
My desktop computer is running Outlook 2000. My previous laptop also had Outlook 2K. I used to be able to drag messages, contacts etc to a shared network drive and then into the other copy of Outlook. My new laptop has Outlook 2003. I am able to drag Outlook 2K items to the laptop but cant go in the other direction (OL 2003 to OL 2000). I tried saving the items into a new PST file but OL2K wont read the 2003 PST either. I know that I can export contacts, but then I loose the groups. Any suggestions for a quick way to move (copy) data between OL2K3 and OL2K and then back in the other...

Outlook 2003
I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 installed. They would like to keep all of their contacts on their "server" workstation and be able to use and add contacts from all three computers. I have read articles about using share point services or MS Exchange, but nothing in my searches fits this scenario. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Joe G. On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 19:02:21 -0400, "Joe Gazda" <email@1on1cc.com> wrote: >I have a cleint that has three WinXP computers with MS Office 2003 >installed. They would lik...

"Folder does not contain contacts" in Microsoft Outlook
Hi, I am trying to get a code for exporting data from an custom outlook form to Excel. I had tried several routines but they don�t functions. In the last routine below, i keep getting the message "Folder does not contain contacts", but I have more than 300 contacts in the folder \Inbox\Tickets. So what am i doing wrong? Heres the code Sub SaveContactsToExcel() On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim appExcel As Excel.Application Dim wkb As Excel.Workbook Dim wks As Excel.Worksheet Dim rng As Excel.Range Dim strSheet As String Dim strTem...

Address Book not found
I moved my outlook files to my network server. When I use outlook from my desktop everything works fine. When I use outlook from a terminal session everything works fine except my address book. When accessing my address book from the terminal session outlook I get the following error "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you don not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder form the outlook address book, see Microsoft outlook help." Doe...

Office 2008 finds update is needed, but won't update... #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I check for updates, Office 2008 recognizes that I need an update (12.0.1). It downloads and when the software tries to search for a drive that needs the update, it doesn't find one . I get this message next to a STOP sign with exclamation point... You cannot install Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.0.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. This doesn't make sense to me. I have the software installed when Word was open, I would go to ...

intellisync for yahoo wont read Outlook contacts anymore #3
i've been syncing my outlook calendar and addresses with yahoo using intellisync for yahoo. recently the intelllisync has failed to sync my contacts and gives me an error message like "cannot read other application data". anyone know how to fix that? both yahoo and intellisync (pumatech) support sucks. jp ...

How to do find and replace throughout whole worksheets
i want to do find and replace operation, but i want that this should do in all worksheets under current file. i don't want to go to each worksheets and do do same find and search operation. Hi Be sure you don't have any ranges selected on any worksheet. Select all worksheets (click on 1st sheet tab, hold down Shift key and click on last sheet tab). Select replace, enter what search for and replace with what, and press ReplaceAll. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "gyan" <gyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

"E-mail Address" column in GAL (aka LegacyExchangeDN)
I have my own LegacyExchangeDN question, but it mainly has to do with the "E-mail Adress" column in the Global Address List. Many of our users were initially set up with an incorrect Exchange alias. Now these users' aliases (or LegacyExchangeDN's if that's what they in fact are) are showing up in the GAL if any user bothers to drag the scroll bar to the right while viewing the GAL. I know that this is not really important to Exchange, but in our particular situation it's important that we not display them in the GAL or fix them to be the users' email alias...

Find the mms:// address in IE8 ?
I use a web site that has demonstration or training videos. Last time I used the site I was using IE7. I do not like watching video in browsers. The http:// address was in the address bar but not the real address which was a mms:// address. I would find the mms:// address in IE7 and paste it into Windows Media Player. The video played so much better and I could back it up and go over details again till I understood the training. I have IE8 now. I go back to view those videos. Same thing. The http:// address was in the address bar but not the real address which I assume is...

?? Extra blank lines in 'address' cell after exporting to Excel
OS = XP Pro latest sp; MSOffice Pro 2003 latest sp I am using SQL Reporting Services (Sp1) to export data to Excel. The SQL query grabbing the data requires a case statement with carriage returns to format Address data. For instance the output looks as follows: SRT: ATTN: Sales 1603 Plasma Ave Stonewashed, IL 60135 When I export the report to Excel, the cell containing the address info gets formatted with a blank line (within the cell) between each address line. For instance: SRT: ATTN: Sales 1603 Plasma Ave Stonewashed, IL 60135 Is there a way to update the address column to remo...

i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you #2
Hi, i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN: 1572315482 please any one give me the link to download this book for free thank you Please can anyone send this book to my gmail account. My account is rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com. Get over this man. You already posted this. Stop this nonsense of sending books to you email account. --- Ajay <rameshbabupeddapalli@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6034dee8-df53-4506-9eb9-8ee137bf83ba@s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > i want to download "Advanced Windowsby Jeffrey Richter" ISBN:...

how do i get an email address from microsoft outlook
I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on my computer at home. A good many internet connection providers have directions on their site on how to configure Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express on their site. Perhaps you could share who is supplying your POP3/IMAP mailbox account and someone here can reference you to a web page that covers how to setup. "aracelis" <aracelis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BC73273-638F-46C2-8499-9DE643366EB1@microsoft.com... > I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on...

OE Contact List to WLM Contact List
Is it possible to export OE Mail contact list (on XP Home Edition) and import to WLM contact list (on Win 7)? Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to a flash drive. Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open the Contacts list in WLMail, (Go | Contacts on the Menu Bar), and File | Import | Windows Address Book (wab) and point to where you saved it. Note: If you use a CD or DVD instead of a flash drive, after placing on the new machine you must remove the Read Only attribute ...

Multiple reply-to email addresses in one account