Address Book 6.00... missing contacts

Hi,

In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name
and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is
running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of
his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my
knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be
somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing.

Thanks for any advice!

becface (3)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in
one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<becface@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name
> and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is
> running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of
> his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my
> knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be
> somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing.
>
> Thanks for any advice!

russval1 (2100)
10/17/2006 8:44:45 PM
Sorry, was unaware that Address Book was associated with OE. My user
uses Outlook 2003 so I was under an assumption. My bad, thanks for your
response.

becface (3)

VC++ 6.0 class wizard
Hi everybody, I have a rather strange problem with VC++ 6.0. In my workspace I have 4 projects. (main exe, zip compression library, 2 language dlls). The language dlls were added yesterday. Before this everything worked normal. Now I want to add new classes to my main project, but if I select the class wizard, only one of the language dll projects is shown in the "project" combo box. What happened to my workspace an what can I do to solve this problem? Thanks, Chris Delete the .clw and .ncb files and then try recreate the classes. -- Vipin Aravind MVP "the.chris"...

How do I split one cell of 6 numbers into two cells of 3 and 3?
I have a column of data that has six numbers in each cell, however I need to split this into two columns, where the first column is the first three digits and the second column is the last three. There is no separator (space, comma or dash) between the numbers. Any suggestions? Use Text To Columns. Select your column of data, then: <Data> <TextToColumns> Click "Fixed Width", then <Next>, Click in the data to display the "break line", and drag it to separate the numbers as desired. Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD =================================...

Taskbar Address Bar in Windows 7 64
How do you remove url address from the Taskbar -Address bar?(not IE8 address bar)? anyone? Received the answer from here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories The answer cut & pasted from forum: Thanks to DavidGP Hi! They are stored at this location in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TypedPaths (to open the registry in the Start Search Box type regedit and hit enter then navigate to that location) You will see once you click the TypedPaths folder a list of links called URL1, URL2, URL3 etc...

Intelligent Message Filter #6
Does the IMF support russian language? Hi Sergei, Unfortunately, no. The following languages are available for the IMF: Chinese (Simpl. and Trad.) English French German Italian Japanese Korean Spanish See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C1B08F7B-8CAF-4147-B074-8C9C8F277071&displaylang=en for more information. -- Scott Schnoll Microsoft This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "Sergei" <serega@nsx.ru> w...

ms exchange 2k smtp address list
Hi All, just started in an organisation and they all have several smtp mail address setup in exchange 2k. How can i generate a list of all address' on the exchange server? Without having to go into every user account and writing them down. You could use LDIFDE to dump addresses: ldifde -f c:\output.ldf -l mail,proxyaddresses This would dump the mail (primary) and proxyaddresses (secondary) addresses of your users to file. It includes the DN, so you'll be able to see which user has what address. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexc...

Change reply-to address in outlook 2003 exchange cllient
How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile. Where do I set the reply-to address as an outlook-exchange client? Thx John John Lenz <lenz4@mindspring.com> wrote: > How do you change the reply-to address of an eMail that originates in > outlook 2003 as the client to an exchange server. If outlook was a > client to an MAPI ISP, there is a reply-to address in the profile. > > Where do I set the reply-to address...

Outlook express 6 not default email client for Internet Explorer 6?
There is no option in Internet Explorer 6 in the programs tab under internet options to support outlook express 6 it only gives the standard Microsoft Outlook and in the newsgroups section it gives an option to support outlook express.....need help want to send links directly with outlook express using the mail icon in internet explorer 6. ...

User MS Contact to MS CRM Contact
Hello Experts!! I would like to ask something regarding the functionality of MS CRM. Is there any way to import selected contacts from user mailbox to MS CRM Contacts??? I know that with MS Sales for Outlook you can import MS Contacts, but the problem is that I can´t choose which contacts I will convert to CRM, so for example, if the user has personal contacts that shouldn’t be in CRM Contacts how can the user "in a easy way" export and convert them to CRM selecting only those contacts that should be in CRM from MS Outlook?? Is there any function as "Create CRM Cont...

Address book #31
When I go to the file menu in the address book to import a CSV address book. The import and export features are both Greyed out. This on a WinXP home edition and Outlook 2000 I thought that I posted a longer version of this yesterday but I can not find it now so if this is a rerun I am sorry :-) Thanx Dan You do not import into the Address Book. You import into the Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066f01c3dd08$cd1c59d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I go to the file menu in the address book...

5.5: use contacts public folder as mailing list?
Hi everybody, I have unsuccessfully been trying to set up some kind of simple mailing list based on the contents of a public folder. I have found a workaround using an Outlook 97 local address book, but I can't believe that that is the only answer. I have tried setting up a distribution list, but emails sent to that list just end up in that folder, rather than use the addresses from the folder. The usenet provided me with similar questions from the past, but surprisingly I couldn't find an answer. Michael ...

Adobe 6.0 Standard
Suddenly Adobe 6.0 was not saving Word, Excel, PPT in PDF. I re-installed it. Word and PPT are OK but I am unable to save Excel in PDF. Word and PPT have Adobe icons but Excel does not. Most grateful, Paul Make sure the PDFMAKER.XLA file is in your XLStart folder. For instance, the XLStart folder in Office XP is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart". Paul Banerjee wrote: > Suddenly Adobe 6.0 was not saving Word, Excel, PPT in PDF. I re-installed it. > Word and PPT are OK but I am unable to save Excel in PDF. Word and PPT have > Adobe icons but Ex...

SMTP #6
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> ...

Can "Track in CRM" not look at e-mail addresses of inactive record
Creating a new Contact on Lead Conversion results in duplicate e-mail addresses in CRM. When users track e-mail in Outlook these e-mails are left unresolved until manually resolved. Is there a way to configure CRM to not look at e-mail addresses of inactive records? Thanks for your help! Suzy ...

In adding contact to Outlook, I get "operation failed"..cannot add
SeahawkX wrote: Hi -please post by putting a concise summary in your subject line, and a lot more detail in the body of your post. Include your version/mode/SP level of Outlook (help | about will tell you this)...also how you're trying to do this (add a contact to your Contacts folder, etc)... ...

Address book very slow to open
I have a few users on my network running Outlook XP sp2 against an Exchange 5.5 server who regulary complain that opening their address book, by clicking the TO: button can take up to 10 minutes to open. has anyone else had similar experience and if so, can it be resolved? Thanks in advance ...

How can I show U.S. country code (+1) in my contacts?
I've moved to Italy, and would like to have the U.S. country code show in my Outlook contacts (as the code for other countries currently does). I've changed my default location in the Windows 7 control panel, but this hasn't had the desired result. Any option settings I'm missing? Which location did you set, and to what? Did you enable the option to automatically add country code to your Contacts? -- Russ Valentine "Matt D." <Matt D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:709C5A1B-F303-498B-846E-AF0DD7B968F8@microsoft.com... > I&#...

transaction is missing
Hi, We have requested 401 data upload from a store, after HQ/Store sync, we found that in HQ 3 records of sales transaction from store are missing. We try to send 401 worksheet again and back date, but the data still not send to HQ. How to send these transactions to HQ. We also found out that we are able to see one journal of these 3 transactions in HQ, it s very strange. Please suggest why it not send and how to send all these transaction to HQ? Is there any flag to set? -- Jeed ...

Automating Exchange Contacts Creation
Does anyone know how to automate the process of creating Exchange Active Directory Contacts that show up in the Global Address Book as well? I have the list of people I need added as contacts in a .csv format, but do not have a way of adding them to Exchange other than manually adding them. And this is for Exchange 2003. You should use CSVDE.exe Create a Mail Enabled Contact using ADUC. Use CSVDE to export that Contact to a CSV file. Open it using Excel. Remove all columns that are not needed for creating a new Contact (like "whenCreated"). Change the data about the Contact ...

Blank e-mails in outlook express 6
I have a friend using outlook express 6 with ie8 using win xp home edition sp2. ISP is bell sympatico high speed internet using bell sympatico security suite for anti virus, firewall, spam, etc. Some of the incoming e-mails will show where they came from, but the actual message is blank. Any suggestions? You can pass this along, but if the machine is fully patched, this probably won't help. See this about possible fixes for messages appearing blank: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#10 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA &q...

multi email address
i've some users associated to more than one email address; when i try to send a new email, it always is sent by default user email address, but i need to send mail from all user email account, how can i do ? thanks On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:09:02 -0700, Luca Beretta <LucaBeretta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i've some users associated to more than one email address; >when i try to send a new email, it always is sent by default user >email address, but i need to send mail from all user email account, how >can i do ? > >thanks Your outbound mail will only co...

Re: How to export Exchange Outlook Public Folder Contacts to CSV file #2
Export Contacts Items from Office Outlook - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566171033.aspx Contacts Exporter for Microsoft Exchange Server is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts Items from any Microsoft Office Outlook and/or Microsoft Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to Microsoft Office Access table or Microsoft Office Excel file. http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm "IMI Contact Exporter" export contacts from ANY folder, including shared and public folders.. "Helmut&q...

Address Fields Displaying incorrectly
I've imported a series of address from a CSV file and mapped all the fields correctly (I think) and i have 2 questions Q1 The problem I have is that in business card view the addresses don't display correctly. They seem to be ok if you open the contact but don't initially display how I want them (or like the others already in the contacts folder). To illustrate the problem I've attached an incorrect and correct view of how I want the address information to be displayed. Q2 The email address comes in ok but I want the display name to be "FirstName Last...

copying contact list
I am listed on my computer under two accounts, a user and as administrator. My Windows live mail contact list is under the user account. I am trying to move or copy that contact list to the administrator account. I can already send and receive email under the administrator account, but I cannot see how to copy the contact list over. I appreciate any help. Earl Davis You don't really want to go that route.. If not using the same Live ID in WLM in each account(user and admin)... Export you contacts in the User account to a csv file(click Contacts in WLM, File/Export/Choose...

Exchange book
I have 6 months experience in Exchange. My background is as a Lotus Notes administrator (6 years). I am trying to break into Exchange as it looks like lotus notes is a dying breed. I am thinking about maybe certifying with an MCP in exchange and getting good Active Directory skills. Do you know of any good books that would help me do this? Do you think its worth doing Exchange or Active Directory learning first? Many thanks. I would really appreciate any input. CR CodeRazor <CodeRazor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 6 months experience in Exchange. My backgro...

Sorting Addresses
I have a question about sorting in excel. Is there an easy way to sort a mailing/address list with the last name being the second or third "word?" Also, does the entire address need to be in the same cell? There's got to be an easier way to do this instead of one by one . . . a dummy column with the last name only & sort by that or in different columns Last Name First Name 123 Second St Your City Your State your zip -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Roxy" <demantobe@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0ed401c346...