address book #49

I have Outlook 2003 SP3. It's on 3 machines. One will not accept address
books in Properties of Contact lists. Did I not accept an add-on in the
initial installation?

aSussertown <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote:

> I have Outlook 2003 SP3. It's on 3 machines. One will not accept
> address books in Properties of Contact lists. Did I not accept an
> add-on in the initial installation?

Is the Outlook Address Book service in your profile?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Context Menu address = null
I'm trying to implement a garden variety right mouse context menu and have hit a puzzling problem. I followed the MS "Displaying a Shortcut Menu" format and wrote void CAutoPView::OnContextMenu(CWnd* pWnd, CPoint point) // bring up right button men CMenu menu if (menu.LoadMenu(IDR_CONTEXTMENU)) CMenu* pContextMenu = menu.GetSubMenu(0) ASSERT(pContextMenu != NULL) pContextMenu->TrackPopupMenu(TPM_LEFTALIGN | TPM_LEFTBUTTON | TPM_RIGHTBUTTON, point.x, point.y,AfxGetMainWnd()) } CWnd::OnContextMenu(pWnd, point) IDR_CONTEXTMENU is defined thro...

common address book
Seek common address book program for PC. Want address book compatible and interchange with Windows Outlook, Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Thank you very much for your advise. Good luck. Best you'll do is import/export. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiti...

Email Addresses in Outlook 2000
I have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 for my email program. However, it seems that the addresses are still connected to the OE format (right click on properties, the OE window appears). I believe that this causes some confusion as to the Name lists. For example, everyone with Jr., Sr., or other title is listed by that letter. Please explain on converting to reflecting the Outlook format. Thanks, Glen What mail support mode did you install? Internet Mail Only mode still uses the Windows Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Glen Raggio" <gmra...

Emails with missing From: addresses (senders address)
We are running several basic Web pages that use the popular Perl FormMail script to collect user information. The web server then uses SendMail (linux) to send the results to our frontend email server which is also running SendMail. The frontend server then routes the mail to the appropriate recipients. We have a recipient list created back in the FormMail script. Some of the recipients are on our backend server, some are on POP3 servers not in our organization (thier ISPs). We were using Exchange 5.5 as our backend mail server and everything worked great We just completed the migration ...

Exchange 5.5 email address
How can I get a copy of all the email addresses we have in Exchange into a excel format. I see where you can get the NT name or NW.... I need the full email address such as bob@bob.com thanks jessie You can do this through the Exchange Administrator. Go to Tools > Directory Export. Choose your containers and click OK to export. Mike "jessiemc12" <jessiemc12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1575211C-4299-41C9-85CE-E9C4B6F4BD96@microsoft.com... > How can I get a copy of all the email addresses we have in Exchange into a > excel format. I see ...

Get login name using email address with Powershell
Hi, I have the email address of 150 user with their email address in an excel sheet that I need to get their windows login name using Powershell Help please Hello Clarkent83, > Hi, > > I have the email address of 150 user with their email address in an > excel sheet that I need to get their windows login name using > Powershell > > Help please > If it's a csv file with one email address per line, and you have Exchange 2007 or 2010: $users = Import-Csv <csv file> $outUsers = @() Foreach ($user in $users) { $outUsers += Get-M...

The address list could not be displayed ...
When I click Tools/Address Book or To: in a new email, I get an error message saying "The address list could not be displayed ... Contacts folder could not be opened" The .PST file is in the default location and all of my contacts are displayed when I click Contacts on the on the Folder List. Any thoughts? Thanks. Only the same ones posted here every day: Configure your Outlook Address Book correctly. Details on how to do so depend on your version and the steps you used to disrupt the service in the first place, none of which you provided. There are too many possibilitie...

address book/contacts
Hi, I have tons of contats entered, but when I click To on a new e-mail, my personal contacts don't show up, only the ones for the microsoft exchange server. How can I access both? thanks! kim <kim2722removethis@comcast.net> wrote: > I have tons of contats entered, but when I click To on a > new e-mail, my personal contacts don't show up, only the > ones for the microsoft exchange server. How can I access > both? Try this: Right-click Contacts button Properties Outlook Address Book Enable "Show this folder as an email address book" ...

Nesting Address function within Index function
I'm trying to use a nested Address function within an Index function, but I'm getting errors. Here's a sample of my function which is giving me an error I cannot figure out: =INDEX(address(20,1,1,true):address(30,4,1,true),1,2) With this function, I'm trying to get the contents of the first row, second column from an array that begins in cell A20 and ends in cell D30. I want to use the address function because I will not know the beginning and ending cell of the array. mserber Wrote: > I'm trying to use a nested Address function within an Index function >...

Exchange 2003 GAL
On our 5.5 system I have an address book view configured to list users by department, so the GAL is something like: Global Address List Dept 1 Dept 2 And so on. I can see that in 2003 I can build a query to show all users in "Dept 1", but I can't see a way of easily achieving the same sort of view other than by manually creating a query for every single department? cheers, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net I don't think there there is anything as intuitive as the views in Exchange 5.5 but the functionality is similar: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Nue ...

Where does Outlook 2002 store the contact/address book data?
Hi, I added a hard drive to my system and installed Outlook 2002. I had it on my older drive, too, which is now a slave in the new system. I want to copy the data file of my contacts from the slave to the master, but I can't find them on the old drive. Can anybody tell me where they are? Thanks, Alex Everything in Outlook is stored in a file with the extension of .PST if you are a home user. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http:...

how to save/export stored email addresses in Outlook 2003
Anyone know how to save Outlook's stored email addresses to the contacts folder or to export them? Thanks There is never any reason to export or import Outlook data, and a lot of reasons not to. You post is completely lacking in detail. What do you mean by "Outlook's stored email addresses?" Are you referring to something other than information contained in your Outlook data file? Bear in mind that that your autocompletion cache is not part of your Outlook data file. We really could have no idea what you're asking about. -- Russ Valentine "tomcos...

catch all mail to invalid addresses
We want to have all mail that is incorrectly addressed to the domain to go to one person, not have an NDR sent out. I see that this is not possible in Exchange 2000, how about in Exchange 2003? Thanks, Neal Hi this KB is for Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324021 Nebojsa Seslija "Neal" <neal_@_ap0yar_dot_co_dot_nz> wrote in message news:OFAvGWxOFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We want to have all mail that is incorrectly addressed to the domain to go > to one person, not have an NDR sent out. > > I see that this is...

ADC Doesnt Generate SMTP Address
I have installed the ADC to communicate with my Exchange 5.5 server. I've noticed that when creating new users it does not generate the SMTP address. What am I missing here? Thanks ...

wrong spelling of an email address keeps coming up in drop down li
Hi I need to know how I can stop an incorrect spelling of an email address from appearing on the drop down list when I enter the first few letters into the 'To' box. Thanks, Chris Remove the address from the Address Book. Or: Tools | Options | Send. Uncheck: "Automatically complete...........". Or: When you want to enter an address, click on the To and select the address. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "ChrisB48" <ChrisB48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23C7A58D-EE...

How do I eliminate "AddressTooLong-Suppressed" after 50 addresses.
I have a distribution list of about 80 names. When I send out the email using this list, the receivers only see the first 50 names and the words "AddressTooLong-Suppressed" in the email addressee list. I wish for the receivers to see the list of all names who received it - thus I want to eliminate this "AddressTooLong-Suppressed" message and show all 80 names. On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:58:10 -1000, JoeMar <JoeMar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a distribution list of about 80 names. When I send out the email > using this list, the receivers on...

Unable to Make Change to Online Billing Address
MNY2003 Deluxe. After entering a change of vendor's address for destination of an online billing EPAY transaction, the data is not changed. Must I reboot MNY2003 to see the change here? When entering the same change data in My Records Change field, the data did change. Is this correct action? Will my banking institution send the EPAY check to the correct address now ? Regards, VInce ...

Extracting OE 2007 Address book to .xls?
How can I extract OE 2007 Address book (or at least part of it?) in a spreadsheet? Thank you in advance, small caps Assuming OE 2007 = Outlook 2007 which ships with office: File, Import and Export or create a view with the fields you need and copy, then paste into Excel. See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Forwarding e-mail to external addresses
I need to setup mailboxes for members of my organizations Board of Directors (Win/Exchange 2003). The Board members never log onto the network but the organization wants them to have "mycompany.com" e-mail addresses for business cards, etc. So, I need to forward there mail to their external addresses. I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to accomplish this. It seems as though I have to setup AD accounts/mailboxes for each and setup forwarding but when I tried to do this, it wouldn't let me use an external address as the forwarding address b/c it wasn't in AD....

email addresses #9
Can I automatically add new incoming or outgoing email addresses to address book R click the address > Add to Contacts... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rilo52" <rilo52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:742502FE-82BA-4BDF-9E1F-37A81F7C3D22@microsoft.com... > Can I automatically add new incoming or outgoing email addresses to > address > book only with an addin or by right clicking on the message and adding it - see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm for addins that can do it. Note that it's generally better to add the ones you...

changing From: address with multiple accounts
Hello, I have multiple POP accounts coming into Outlook XP. I want to be able to send messages from any of those accounts by choosing (without having to go in and change the default account). Under Outlook 2000, this was a choice, but I cannot find it under Outlook XP. Am I missing something obvious, or is that a new feature? Appreciate the help. Thanks, Garrett When you click on Reply/Forward/New Mail Message etc you should see an Accounts button on the toolbar to the Right of Send "Garrett Thompson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0b01c...

Help with Addresses
Is this possible and if so how do I go about it. I am typing addresses into fields in excel and I was wondering if I could get excel to fill in the zip code cell once the town cell was typed in?? Somewhere I would tell it what town goes to what zip code?? Any advice?? Thanks, Kim -- kimbiak21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kimbiak21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532394 Hi kimbiak21, If the town was in it's own cell and...

ADDRESS BOOK IN OUTLOOK LOST
I LOST ALL THE CONTACTS IN MY ADDRESS BOOK AND CANNOT REPLY TO ANY OF MY INCOMING MAIL OR OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. OUTLOOK WANTS ME TO INSTALL A NEW ADDRESS BOOK. I DOWNLOADED OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 AND DO NOT HAVE THE 6.0 CD, BUT THE PROBLEM HAS PERSISTED. HOW DO I RE-INSTALL AND CONFIGURE MY ADDRESS BOOK, WITHOUT THE CD, SO AS TO BE ABLE TO SEND MAIL AGAIN? I CAN'T SEND ANY MAIL FROM OUTLOOK! THANK YOU. Wrong newsgroup & your CAPS LOCK key is broken. "Moore" <moasouzu@knology.net> wrote in message news:026b01c348dd$b3718740$a301280a@phx.gb...

Dropping email addresses fro incomming messages
When I receive a message from someone who has done a "Reply All" to a list of people in the CC field when the message arrives in my inbox all the names in the CC field have been dropped. The only names that show are the ones in the TO field. I am stumped. Bill ...

Sending Email
Apologies for cross posting, please understand I did not know which group would be best. I have the following code in Excel which creates an EMail Dim olApp As Object Dim olMail As Object Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.application") Set olMail = olApp.CreateItem(0) With olMail .To = sRecipientList .Subject = "FI Secondary Bond Trading Daily P&L Report" .HTMLBody = RangetoHTML(Range("nTableData")) .Display End With Set olMail = Nothing Set olApp = Nothing What I would like is to either send this E...