Address Book #48

I have just moved from OE to Outlook as my mail client.

I find I no longer have access to the Windows address book available from
OE. I can't find any way to export / import into Outlook

Windows address book accessed from OE was user friendly, allowing set up of
different folders etc., but again, that doesn't seem to be possible in
Outlook.

I would much appreciate any guidance.

Regards.

File > Import and Export...
Entries will appear in your Contacts Folder and also in the Outlook Address
Book as long as you have set up that service.
If you need help, you will have to provide your Outlook version.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have just moved from OE to Outlook as my mail client.
>
> I find I no longer have access to the Windows address book available from
> OE. I can't find any way to export / import into Outlook
>
> Windows address book accessed from OE was user friendly, allowing set up
> of
> different folders etc., but again, that doesn't seem to be possible in
> Outlook.
>
> I would much appreciate any guidance.
>
> Regards.

russval (3097)
9/3/2004 2:54:35 AM
Thanks for the reply

The import / export option was just what I was looking for.

However.........things have not quite worked out as I have wanted.

I have been able to import mail folders and contents from OE without any
problem. It is the contacts / address book that is not quite right.

I have clicked on Import Internet Mail and Addresses, highlighted Outlook
Express, checked Import Address Book, selected destination Personal Address
Book, and finish. I have also run the same thing selecting destination
Outlook Contact Folder.

What seems to have been imported is an out of date version of PAB, not that
currently accessible from OE. I wonder if the only clue to this is that when
I highlight Outlook Express (as explained above) it shows v.4x & v.5 whereas
I am running OE6.

The other thing is that clicking the address book toolbar icon in Outlook,
the out of date details are only listed under Contacts, with nothing in
either Outlook Address Book or Personal Address Book.

I'm not sure of my Outlook version, but possibly 2002 (part of Ms Office
XP).

I wonder if you can offer me any further guidance please.

Regards.

Mike

| File > Import and Export...
| Entries will appear in your Contacts Folder and also in the Outlook
Address
| Book as long as you have set up that service.
| If you need help, you will have to provide your Outlook version.
| --
| Russ Valentine
| [MVP-Outlook]
| "Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| >I have just moved from OE to Outlook as my mail client.
| >
| > I find I no longer have access to the Windows address book available
from
| > OE. I can't find any way to export / import into Outlook
| >
| > Windows address book accessed from OE was user friendly, allowing set up
| > of
| > different folders etc., but again, that doesn't seem to be possible in
| > Outlook.
| >
| > I would much appreciate any guidance.
| >
| > Regards.

| > ________________________________________________________

Outlook has not used a Personal Address Book for years, nor should you.
You import into your Outlook Contacts Folder.
--
> Thanks for the reply
>
> The import / export option was just what I was looking for.
>
> However.........things have not quite worked out as I have wanted.
>
> I have been able to import mail folders and contents from OE without any
> problem. It is the contacts / address book that is not quite right.
>
> I have clicked on Import Internet Mail and Addresses, highlighted Outlook
> Express, checked Import Address Book, selected destination Personal
> Address
> Book, and finish. I have also run the same thing selecting destination
> Outlook Contact Folder.
>
> What seems to have been imported is an out of date version of PAB, not
> that
> currently accessible from OE. I wonder if the only clue to this is that
> when
> I highlight Outlook Express (as explained above) it shows v.4x & v.5
> whereas
> I am running OE6.
>
> The other thing is that clicking the address book toolbar icon in Outlook,
> the out of date details are only listed under Contacts, with nothing in
> either Outlook Address Book or Personal Address Book.
>
> I'm not sure of my Outlook version, but possibly 2002 (part of Ms Office
> XP).
>
> I wonder if you can offer me any further guidance please.
>
> Regards.
>
> Mike
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | File > Import and Export...
> | Entries will appear in your Contacts Folder and also in the Outlook
> Address
> | Book as long as you have set up that service.
> | If you need help, you will have to provide your Outlook version.
> | --
> | Russ Valentine
> | [MVP-Outlook]
> | "Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | >I have just moved from OE to Outlook as my mail client.
> | >
> | > I find I no longer have access to the Windows address book available
> from
> | > OE. I can't find any way to export / import into Outlook
> | >
> | > Windows address book accessed from OE was user friendly, allowing set
> up
> | > of
> | > different folders etc., but again, that doesn't seem to be possible in
> | > Outlook.
> | >
> | > I would much appreciate any guidance.
> | >
> | > Regards.

> | > ________________________________________________________

0
russval (3097)
9/3/2004 4:35:49 PM
Are you able to explain why I appear to have imported an out of date version
of PAB into the Outlook contacts folder, and how I might resolve this ?

Regards.

| Outlook has not used a Personal Address Book for years, nor should you.
| You import into your Outlook Contacts Folder.
| --
| Russ Valentine
| [MVP-Outlook]
| "Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Thanks for the reply
| >
| > The import / export option was just what I was looking for.
| >
| > However.........things have not quite worked out as I have wanted.
| >
| > I have been able to import mail folders and contents from OE without any
| > problem. It is the contacts / address book that is not quite right.
| >
| > I have clicked on Import Internet Mail and Addresses, highlighted
Outlook
| > Express, checked Import Address Book, selected destination Personal
| > Address
| > Book, and finish. I have also run the same thing selecting destination
| > Outlook Contact Folder.
| >
| > What seems to have been imported is an out of date version of PAB, not
| > that
| > currently accessible from OE. I wonder if the only clue to this is that
| > when
| > I highlight Outlook Express (as explained above) it shows v.4x & v.5
| > whereas
| > I am running OE6.
| >
| > The other thing is that clicking the address book toolbar icon in
Outlook,
| > the out of date details are only listed under Contacts, with nothing in
| > either Outlook Address Book or Personal Address Book.
| >
| > I'm not sure of my Outlook version, but possibly 2002 (part of Ms Office
| > XP).
| >
| > I wonder if you can offer me any further guidance please.
| >
| > Regards.
| >
| > Mike
| > _____________________________________________
| >
| > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > | File > Import and Export...
| > | Entries will appear in your Contacts Folder and also in the Outlook
| > Address
| > | Book as long as you have set up that service.
| > | If you need help, you will have to provide your Outlook version.
| > | --
| > | Russ Valentine
| > | [MVP-Outlook]
| > | "Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| > from

| > up

| > |
| > |

No. I can't tell you what you did. Only you were there. I don't even know
what you mean by your statement. It is certainly possible to import the
contents of a PAB into your Contacts Folder. Indeed, that is the way most of
us migrated from the PAB to Contacts many years ago when the PAB was no
longer used. But you should not have both a PAB and your Outlook Contacts in
the same profile since the latter replaced the former.
There's a good comparison of the Personal Address Book and Contacts here
that will bring you up to date:
http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/olconpab.htm

--
> Are you able to explain why I appear to have imported an out of date
> version
> of PAB into the Outlook contacts folder, and how I might resolve this ?
>
> Regards.
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | Outlook has not used a Personal Address Book for years, nor should you.
> | You import into your Outlook Contacts Folder.
> | --
> | Russ Valentine
> | [MVP-Outlook]
> | "Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | > Thanks for the reply
> | >
> | > The import / export option was just what I was looking for.
> | >
> | > However.........things have not quite worked out as I have wanted.
> | >
> | > I have been able to import mail folders and contents from OE without
> any
> | > problem. It is the contacts / address book that is not quite right.
> | >
> | > I have clicked on Import Internet Mail and Addresses, highlighted
> Outlook
> | > Express, checked Import Address Book, selected destination Personal
> | > Address
> | > Book, and finish. I have also run the same thing selecting destination
> | > Outlook Contact Folder.
> | >
> | > What seems to have been imported is an out of date version of PAB, not
> | > that
> | > currently accessible from OE. I wonder if the only clue to this is
> that
> | > when
> | > I highlight Outlook Express (as explained above) it shows v.4x & v.5
> | > whereas
> | > I am running OE6.
> | >
> | > The other thing is that clicking the address book toolbar icon in
> Outlook,
> | > the out of date details are only listed under Contacts, with nothing
> in
> | > either Outlook Address Book or Personal Address Book.
> | >
> | > I'm not sure of my Outlook version, but possibly 2002 (part of Ms
> Office
> | > XP).
> | >
> | > I wonder if you can offer me any further guidance please.
> | >
> | > Regards.
> | >
> | > Mike
> | > _____________________________________________
> | >
> | > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> | > Address

> available
> | > from

> set
> | > up
> possible
> in

> | > |
> | > |

0
russval (3097)
9/3/2004 11:07:43 PM
Thanks. I'll check that out.
_______________________________

| No. I can't tell you what you did. Only you were there. I don't even know
| what you mean by your statement. It is certainly possible to import the
| contents of a PAB into your Contacts Folder. Indeed, that is the way most
of
| us migrated from the PAB to Contacts many years ago when the PAB was no
| longer used. But you should not have both a PAB and your Outlook Contacts
in
| the same profile since the latter replaced the former.
| There's a good comparison of the Personal Address Book and Contacts here
| that will bring you up to date:
| http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/olconpab.htm
|

| --
| Russ Valentine
| [MVP-Outlook]
| "Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| > Are you able to explain why I appear to have imported an out of date
| > version
| > of PAB into the Outlook contacts folder, and how I might resolve this ?
| >
| > Regards.
| >
| > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > | Outlook has not used a Personal Address Book for years, nor should
you.
| > | You import into your Outlook Contacts Folder.
| > | --
| > | Russ Valentine
| > | [MVP-Outlook]
| > | "Mike Klaiber" <mike_klaiber@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| > any

| > Outlook

| > that

| > Outlook,
| > in

| > Office

Outlook

| > available

| > set
| > possible
| > in

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

address book #12
in outlook 2000 there was an easy way to link the address book to the one used in outlook express. i am using outlook xp and am having trouble setting this option up. i use outlook primarily and OE secondary for alternate accounts. any help would be greatly appreciated! ajc ...

Fixed Asset: Book value in cents
How can I stop depreciation of a Fixed Asset whose net book value is one dollar or less than one dollar. Help will be appreciated. Well... you have to change the depreciation method manually to No Depreciation. Then don't reset year or life.. just recalculate. "Tomal" wrote: > How can I stop depreciation of a Fixed Asset whose net book value is one > dollar or less than one dollar. > > Help will be appreciated. ...

access to email addresses
For the past two days I have been getting a pop up window that says "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I just did a complete scan of my hard drive and no virus was found. The only thing I can think of is that I downloaded and installed 10 updates from Microsoft on Wednesday. Anybody else getting this warning? Do you have a PDA (i.e. a Blackberry) that you sync with Outlook? If so, that's what's causing the message. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

Contact list problem:Is it possible to use 'local' e-mail address that links to an external e-mail ?
I need to send alerts from MOM server to my cell@mobile.att.net. If try to enter this address on MOM directly, it doesn't work because it is an external address. Then I created a contact on the Exchange server. Alias is EmailAdmins. SMTP:cell@mobile.att.net. The only information I have on my local domain is my EmailAdmins (alias). If I enter cell@mobile.att.net that is still an external address. The problem here is that MOM app would not resolve the *alias* to the e-mail address on my contact list ( cell@mobile.att.net.) Any input on how I can establish a local e-mail address on my cont...

group e-mail address
I want to group my business e-mail addresses, keeping them seperate from my everyday contacts how would I do this. I can't find in help where I can do this grouping. Sorry to bother you on such a trivial question. Thank-you Carl R You have a number of options. 1. Create a distribution list for only the users you want. 2. sort the list so that business show up, you may need to populate a unique field. 3. Put the contacts in different folders so they are seperate. Hope this helps. If it doesn't answer you question can you please provide some more information. In Outlook, they ...

forward on e-mail address to other domain e-mail address
Hi, i have microsoft exchange 2003. is there a way to set up incoming e- mail from one address to go to one of my domain e-mail address. ex. JOHN.SMITH@aol.com sends a e-mail to anyone on my domain. Can that e-mail be forward to my webmaster e-mail account. so any e-mails that come thought my exchange server from that address be forward to one of my domain accounts. thanks for your help. ...

Vendor addresses
You can enter an unlimited number of addresses for a vendor in the Vendor Address Maintenance window but can use only four at any given time. These 4 have specific purposes: primary, purchase, ship from, and remit to. If you deal with several locations of the same vendor (ie. 5 different Pepsi franchises) do you have to build these as 5 separate vendors? How do various users in Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and the Checkwriter differentiate which Pepsi they need when looking at a Vendor picklist? -- Rosalyn ...

Importation of Address from QIF File
I have a client, a small municipality, which imports refund checks into MSMoney 2003 to print the checks and to do reconcilations. The QIF file is produced by a third party product listing the Payee, address, amount needed and so forth. The import works fine. The problem is with the Addresses. When an Address is changed in the Third party software and exported into the QIF file the new address, if the payee is already in Money, does not get updated in Money. Therefore checks are being printed with the wrong address on them and mailed to the wrong address. Is there anyway to get Money...

Best Way to Extract List of User Names and Addresses
2K3 Exchange & Domain I have a request to provide an Excel list of users first name, last name, and email address from a particular OU. I've used LDIF but it didn't provide the results I wanted. Any advise on tools would be appreciated. Thanks. Fred On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 08:29:43 -0600, "Tango T" <TangoT2@mail.com> wrote: >2K3 Exchange & Domain > >I have a request to provide an Excel list of users first name, last name, >and email address from a particular OU. I've used LDIF but it didn't >provide the results I wanted. Any advi...

address Lists #3
- Is there a way to edit "Filter rules" in address list properties manualy (not via wizard)...? - When adding multiple filter rules using wizard to address list Example: FIELD -> USER -> Custom attribute 1 = Alpha ADD and FIELD -> USER -> Custom attribute 1 = Alpha ADD ends up as AND (&) condition ---------------------- (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerNam e=*))) )))(objectCategory=user)(extensionAttribute1=Alpha)(extensionAttribut e1=Bravo))) ---------------------- any ...

email address privacy
Hello, I want to know how I can protect other peoples email address when sending to multiple users. I would like to make there addresses 'un-disclosed' persons... I tried using the help files, but NO luck... :-( How: can I do this??? ....MFC Put everyone's address in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. mfcabc123@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I want to know how I can protect other peoples email > address when sending to multiple users. > > I would like to make there addresses 'un-disclosed' > persons... > > I tried...

email address tooltip
One one of my Outlook 2003 systems I can hover over an email address in the message header and Outlook will display information for that contact such as phone number and schedule availability. But on another system this doesn't work. I can't seem to find any settings to enable/disable this feature. Does anyone know how to get this to work? Thanks in advance. "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9ibA==?=" <Bobl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9039FFDB-A975-42C4-A3F7-E002E4DADC26@microsoft.com: > One one of my Outlook 2003 systems I can hover over an email address > in the...

Setting "Reply to:" address in E2K
We are moving all our users to a new Internet domain as our company was purchased by another company. As we move users from our Exchange 2000 system, we want to have all their mail forwarded to their new domain. To do this we had to create "contacts" with their new SMTP addresses and then forward all their mail to this contact. We are still allowing them to send messages from their old accounts, but we would like to have their default "Reply to:" address set to their new email address so that when somebody replies to a message from them, it will be directed to the ...

how to extract email addresses from outlook express using php...please help..
Hi all, Is there any way to get the email addresses from the contact list of outlook express using php script? Thanks Vidya. Wouldn't know sorry, but AFAIK outlook express just uses the windows address book. Regards vidya wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there any way to get the email addresses from the contact list of > outlook express using php script? > > Thanks > Vidya. > Hello, I don't know any php scripts that could help you, but I've heard of a product called Email Address Collector that can extract email addresses from Outlook Express and not on...

Outlook importing of address book
HI, I just installed an new hard drive and put outlook on it, but wish to import my address book from my old hard drive with outlook epxress on it. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks This is an OE question. Ask in an OE group how to import your address book into OE. Outlook can only import form OE on the same partition. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Walt" <wheuvingh@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:0d2f01c3a4da$6da4d290$a001280a@phx.gbl... > HI, > > I just installed an new hard drive and put outlook on it, > but wish to import my address book from my old hard...

address book #42
I had outlook express and exported my address book, which was saved as a .WAB file. Now, I'd like to import it into my Outlook, but the import file offers so many choices, none specifically being .WAB files. How do I do this?? Thanks. Outlook cannot import a WAB. Import it into OE. From there you can import into Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Crystal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395501c44425$c27baba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I had outlook express and exported my address book, which > was saved as a .WAB file. Now, I...

Default Delivery Address on Envelopes in Word 03
Every time I open Envelopes and Labes in Word 03, the Delivery Address auto-fills to the last address that I typed in there and I have to delete it each time. How do I make this always be blank when I open it? ...

Expose the TO email address field rather than the display name.
Is there a way to expose the TO email address field rather than the display name so it may be used in the Outlook list view? I came across this article that shows how to do it fot the FROM address and would like to know if there is a way to use this technique for the TO field? [URL="http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm"]http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm[/URL] The purpose is that we have many users with multiple email addresses and we would like to know which address the email was sent to. Outlook is being too (or not too) smart here. There reall...

Do not want address suggestions
Hi, When typing a letter in the To-field Outlook lists used addresses, also addresses not in the Contacts. I do not want these suggestions. How can I stop them? Regards > When typing a letter in the To-field Outlook lists used addresses, > also addresses not in the Contacts. I do not want these suggestions. How > can I stop them? Tools - Options - E-mail Options - Advanced E-mail Options -Suggest names while completing the To, Cc, and Bcc fields -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP Thank you F.H.! "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muffman@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet ne...

How to recover e-mail addresses saved in memory/egistry
Hello all I have my "normal" forder to manage my contacts. But I have also a lot of mails that appears automatically when I write the first words... I need to recover all these e-mail that are in the memory/registry... It's possible? I tried to use the Wizard for transfer settings. Al setting are transfered but not these e-mails... I have a new laptop and I need these mails. Thanks in advanced henpat === Outlook 2003 === They're stored in a file with an NK2 extension. Methods for migrating your NK2 file are described here: http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips....

2 data files with same address....
When looking at the acct. settings for my data files, I noticed I have two Personal Folders showing, each with the the file name: Outlook.pst\Documents and Settings\Lenovo User\Desktop\Company Name. One is marked default. When I click on the "open folder" button, I get the same file in the above referenced folder on my desktop. Why would I have two and should one be deleted? BTW, I use OL2007 and Win XP Pro SP 3. Thanks- asf66 This would indicate a corruption in your mail profile. You can recreate it via the Mail applet in Control Panel. See http://www.how...

Security Group Email Address
Issue: Have a secuity group named Accounting with several users as members. Email address of accounting@....com has been assigned. I would like to maintain the group but would like all mail destined for accounting@....com to only be sent to one particular member of that group. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave if you send email to a mail-enabled group, it will be delivered to everyone in that group that has a mailbox...if you want email to accounting@....com to go to only one person, assign that address to that person's mailbox... "David K" <a...

Trace IP Address or Computer Name of the Messages
Hi Everyone, For anti-virus and other reasons, we need to find out the IP address or computer name of the messages. We found the article KB246965 XADM: Message Tracking Logs Field Descriptions in Exchange 2000 Server, which tells that Message Tracking Logs of Exchange 2000 has this kind of information. But from KB173280: Tracking Log Field Descriptions, we knew the information we want to get cannot be found in Exchange 5.5 Message Tracking Logs. My question is: Is there any way other than upgrading the Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000/2003 so that the IP address or computer name of t...

CAsyncSocket:Get Proxy Address
I have a client server project, In the server I use proxy. I use CAsyncSocket class in MFC, and now I can only get server IP address, how can I get the proxy address? thanks in advance. ...

Importing customer addresses
I am trying to import about 1000 customers and customer addresses from an external system into RMS. I have the external system's customer data, including their address, in a SQL table I created in the Store Operations database, and will later drop. I've imported the customers and populated the address fields in the Customer record. Initially, the PrimaryShipToID field is set to 0. Next, I am creating ShipTo records from that Customer's record (each customer has one and only one ShipTo address). Immediately after, I am updating the Customer table, setting the PrimaryShipToI...