address book #16

I am running office XP (2002) and in outlook I have my contacts the problem
is when I go to the address book there is nothing there at all (checked
Outlook Address book and contacts from the Show names ). If select
"Contacts" from the Show names from I get a box come up saying "The address
list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with the address
list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not
have the permissions."
I wondered if anyone knows how I could sort out this minor problem out.

NIK

-- 
Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.


0
10/19/2003 1:33:33 PM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

2 Replies
483 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 0

It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to "lose track" of the
connection to its Contacts Folder when you move or import your PST or update
your Outlook version or OS. Use the following steps to reset the connection,
depending on your Outlook version. Note that in some instances you may
actually have to remove the Outlook Address Book completely from your
Profile, close Outlook, and then re-add it before you can get it to work.

Outlook 2000, Corp/Workgroup:
Go to Tools > Services. Make sure the Outlook Address Book service is
listed. If not, add it. Next, R click on the Contact folder or folders you
want the OAB to display, choose "Properties", go to the Outlook Address Book
tab and check the "Show this folder as an E-mail address book" box. You may
also need to go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose to show your
Contacts folder.

Outlook 2002:
Go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories
or address books", and click OK. If you don't see the OAB in the Directories
and Address Books list, click the Back button, then select "Add a new
directory or address book", then "Additional Address Books", and add the
OAB.  Then keep clicking Back until you get back to the first dialog box,
and go back to the Directories and Address Books list as you did earlier.
Once the OAB appears in the list, select it and then click Change to make
sure the Contacts folder(s) you want to display are listed.  If any of them
aren't listed, you'll need to enable those Contacts folders as Outlook
Address Books by right clicking the folder, selecting Properties, clicking
the Outlook Address Book tab, and checking the "Show this folder as an
E-mail address book" box.  Make sure you restart Outlook after making these
changes.




-- 
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"niknik1971" <niknik1971nospam@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:u25AgWklDHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I am running office XP (2002) and in outlook I have my contacts the
problem
> is when I go to the address book there is nothing there at all (checked
> Outlook Address book and contacts from the Show names ). If select
> "Contacts" from the Show names from I get a box come up saying "The
address
> list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with the
address
> list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not
> have the permissions."
> I wondered if anyone knows how I could sort out this minor problem out.
>
> NIK
>
> -- 
> Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.
>
>


0
russval (3097)
10/19/2003 3:02:58 PM
Russ:

Thank you for you're help. It worked a treat.

NIK

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:ulGJZIllDHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> It is not unusual for the Outlook Address Book to "lose track" of the
> connection to its Contacts Folder when you move or import your PST or
update
> your Outlook version or OS. Use the following steps to reset the
connection,
> depending on your Outlook version. Note that in some instances you may
> actually have to remove the Outlook Address Book completely from your
> Profile, close Outlook, and then re-add it before you can get it to work.
>
> Outlook 2000, Corp/Workgroup:
> Go to Tools > Services. Make sure the Outlook Address Book service is
> listed. If not, add it. Next, R click on the Contact folder or folders you
> want the OAB to display, choose "Properties", go to the Outlook Address
Book
> tab and check the "Show this folder as an E-mail address book" box. You
may
> also need to go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose to show
your
> Contacts folder.
>
> Outlook 2002:
> Go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories
> or address books", and click OK. If you don't see the OAB in the
Directories
> and Address Books list, click the Back button, then select "Add a new
> directory or address book", then "Additional Address Books", and add the
> OAB.  Then keep clicking Back until you get back to the first dialog box,
> and go back to the Directories and Address Books list as you did earlier.
> Once the OAB appears in the list, select it and then click Change to make
> sure the Contacts folder(s) you want to display are listed.  If any of
them
> aren't listed, you'll need to enable those Contacts folders as Outlook
> Address Books by right clicking the folder, selecting Properties, clicking
> the Outlook Address Book tab, and checking the "Show this folder as an
> E-mail address book" box.  Make sure you restart Outlook after making
these
> changes.
>
>
>
>
> -- 
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "niknik1971" <niknik1971nospam@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:u25AgWklDHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > I am running office XP (2002) and in outlook I have my contacts the
> problem
> > is when I go to the address book there is nothing there at all (checked
> > Outlook Address book and contacts from the Show names ). If select
> > "Contacts" from the Show names from I get a box come up saying "The
> address
> > list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with the
> address
> > list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do
not
> > have the permissions."
> > I wondered if anyone knows how I could sort out this minor problem out.
> >
> > NIK
> >
> > -- 
> > Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.
> >
> >
>
>


0
10/19/2003 5:18:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Exporting Addresses & Mail
I'm having some trouble using Outlook 2003 so I'd like to move over to Outlook Express. Is it possible to export from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Express or an earlier version of Outlook? If it is possible, what are the steps to achieve this? Ultimately, I'm trying to install a new software that uses SQL but there are conflicts. So I'd like to completely remove SQL and I believe that Outlook is the primary source. Any ideas on how to get SQL off my system would also be appreciated? Please make it simple since I'm new to this stuff. Thanks. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:29:49...

Import Address Book (WAB file) to contacts of outlook 2003
Greetings I have newly started to use Outlook 2003 and need to import my address book data to its contacts. How can I import it? I tried import/export of Outlook 2003 but surprisingly I didn't find any option for WAB files. Thanks in advance Assuming that the Windows Address Book is configured to use your *.wab, you can do this one of two ways. Method 1 * Start Outlook 2003 * Select File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and addresses * Follow the wizard at this point Method 2 * Start the Windows Address Book * Export your items to a CSV file * Import the CSV file into Outlo...

Outlook #16
When I try to retreve my mail in Outlook I get a error message "0X80040154". Anyone know what that means or where I can find out? Thanks in advance! Dane ...

Change email address when someone gets married
I have a user who is getting married. Her last name is going to change. How do I change here email address and login name? Do I just have to create a new user and export her old email to a PST file and import it back? Thanks In ADUC, click the Email Adresses tab and change the email address. The best way to rename the user name is to right click the user in ADUC and click "rename". That way you can change the First and Last Name, Display Name AND the user name. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d59201c439d8$d5d40e60$a301280a...

exchange 2003 admin books
is there anyone who knows a very good book on administering exchange 2003? pls submit the details to me. i want to buy. kigunda. "Kigunda Mbogo" <tkigunda@avu.org> wrote: >is there anyone who knows a very good book on administering exchange 2003? > >pls submit the details to me. i want to buy. > >kigunda. > One of the Exchange blogs has got a feed down the right hand side with a pile of books listed. http://hellomate.typepad.com/ Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com...

How to print address label from single business card?
I like to print a single mailing label from the Contact record in Outlook. Can I do it from the Business Card. -- G. Vance, Ph.D. Products That Matter.ca Kinder, Safer, Faster Disinfectants Dundas, Ontario "George Vance" <GeorgeVance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42C2EBAF-8A8B-461D-8458-A7CD42B487D2@microsoft.com... > I like to print a single mailing label from the Contact record in Outlook. > Can I do it from the Business Card. > -- > G. Vance, Ph.D. > Products That Matter.ca > Kinder, Safer, Faster Disinfectants >...

e-mail address #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C4675A.770C5130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just switched fro OE to outlook for my business . I have MS office xp = 2002 so that is the version of outlook I am running. I imported all my address from OE. In contacts the show = fine with the (last name, first) When=20 go to send an e-mail and hit the; To: button it brings them up with = first name first. Or it brings them up with the nicknames I had in OE . How can I get it to show Last name...

Split a street address field apart.
How do I split a street address field apart? Field will have 2-3-4-5 digits, followed by a space then a series of alphas. i.e. 837 Third Avenue -or- 6 Street West. In a column of these address fields, wish to create two fields: the 2-5 numericals only in one, and the remaining alphas in another. Not VBA-oriented, please, what might be the best, and simplest for my mind, way to achieve this? Using Office 2007. Kind Regards, Wayne Dengel Try this: A1: (address text....eg 837 Third Avenue) The number B1: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) The street C1: =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(&...

Address Format Problem
I am using Pocket PC 2002 and I'm trying to send email via active sync to MS Outlook 2002 and I'm experiencing problems. ActiveSync transfers the email from Pocket Outlook over to the Outlook 2002 (desktop) outbox, however, it drops it into the outbox with quotations around the email address (in the To: field). For example, the email address will read as follows: 'jdoe@sbcglobal.net' The quotations then cause the following error reply from my ISP: Message from yahoo.com. Unable to deliver message to the following address(es). <'jdoe@sbcglobal.net'>: Sorry, I c...

Withdraw domain name from mail address
Hi, If i have a column with mail addresses. Is it possible then to withdraw the domain name from the address to the column next to it? example: cell A1= somebody@domainname33.com, cell A2= somebody2@domainname99.com, and so on. cell B1= domainname33, cell B2= domainname99 thanks in advance! With kindest regards, Xavier Vanmeerhaeghe =LEFT(A1,FIND("@",A1)-1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "Xavier Vanmeerhaeghe" wrote: > Hi, > > If i have a column with mail addresses. > Is it possible then to withdraw the domain name...

Good Javascript for MS CRM book
Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScript side of CRM? I can see lot's of web javascript stuff but suspect the CRM side is a little different. Maybe a JavaScript bible then a smaller tomb to deal with the CRM specifics? Do such things exist? Hi Pat, Check out David Flanagans book on Javascript. You will also find lots of good stuff on the SDK documentation. Check out the CRM developer forum too. Regs, -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Pat Horridge" wrote: > Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScr...

Importing Netscape address book into Exchange/Outlook
I have a Netscape address book (the file extensionis .na2) that I need to import into Outlook/Exchange. Does anyone know of a tool to import it, or convert it? It doesn't appear to be a native option in Outlook. Thanks, Brian Try to solution in this article. Once you get it to OE you should be able to get it to Outlook. OLEXP: Unable to Import Netscape 4.6x Address Book in Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238892 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this a...

Vlookup or something more? Trying to make the book intuitive...
Hi there, I hope you can help. I’m trying to make my life much easier by making a currently unwieldy spreadsheet into one that’s a lot more intuitive. Currently I have to enter data twice into the same spreadsheet but I hope to be able to enter it once and have the other sheets automatically update. First, the explanation… This is a spreadsheet that tracks the holidays of a department of 20 people. Currently it fulfils a few functions. First, it tracks each individual on their own worksheet which goes into details (date began/ended, etc). Second, it tracks them all together on an...

Global Address List and a Shared Contact List
Thank you in advance! I continue to have communication problems with e-mail stemming from the fact that we have two locations for Our Staff in Outlook 2000(Exchange). We have one listed in what is called the "Global Address List" and another, more accurate version, in "Our Staff" listed under "Public Folders". When someone wants to write a new e-mail, the "To" in their dialogue box directs them to what is now the default "Global Address List" that contains a Staff listing that is not as up to date or accurate. I attempted to add same today...

Automatic addressing
When you send an email to someone, Outlook "remembers" that email address and keeps it somewhere. Now, I have entered another email address for that person in my contacts list, but the default always comes up as that original address, and I can't figure out where it is stored so I can delete it. I'm always sending emails to the wrong address for this person, and want to delete that "remembered" address -and probably many others that I sent an email to one time only. Anyone know how? Thanks! Just highlighting the bad entry when it pops up, and then pressin...

how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or checked by coding ?
> > how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address > > automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or > > checked by coding ? I need to judge it and change "Obtain DNS server > > address > > automatically" to "Use the following DNS server addresses"; > > Are there any api or other methods to get it? AliR (VC++ MVP) wrote: > You can call GetAdaptersInfo(...). The DhcpEnabled member of > IP_ADAPTER_INFO tells you if DHCP is enabled or not. > AliR. AliR Thank your reply.but if D...

Messages from one e-mail address double in Outlook inbox
Every time I get a message from one particular e-mail address, I get it twice in my inbox. It may have something to do with the sort / sub-folder rule but I could use help on this ...

Deleting all Email addresses
Hi All, I need to move users from one site to another. I need to be able to delete email addresses of mailboxes from the one site, wait for replication and then create in the new site. If I dont wait for replication, Exchange states that there is a duplicate email address. I am trying to use CSV files but not sure how I can use this to delete email addresses. I know how to create the maioboxes in the new site. Any ideas? Hi Mohammed, You can use a number of tools to do this, I find LDP a handy tool here. Here is the MS KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279202 Regards -...

How to add fotnotes to a book in Publisher
Please, Can somebody tell me how to add footnotes and endnotes to a document in Publisher 2003? I am trying to edit a book in Publisher and when I import Word documents with footnotes and endnotes, they disappear in the publisher file. How to instruct Publisher to manage these features? Thank you for your help. LLL Publisher doesn't support footnotes. Word may be a better option. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Lyonel L" <lyonNSM_laviolette@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvix4YE1EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Please, > Can somebody tell me how to add footnotes...

Alternate "Reply to" address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Can I have set a different &quot;Reply to&quot; email address for an outgoing email, so that when somebody hits reply, the response will go to that different email address? On 4/8/10 9:38 AM, rdt@officeformac.com wrote: > Can I have set a different "Reply to" email address for an outgoing > email, so that when somebody hits reply, the response will go to that > different email address? Create a reply to header. Go to Tools -> Accounts. Under the Mail t...

Maximum number of addresses?
Does Outlook have a limit to the number of addresses it will accept in the To: field? Stephen Stephen Green <sgreen0NO@SPAMcharter.net> wrote: > Does Outlook have a limit to the number of addresses it will accept > in the To: field? There must be some limit, I'm sure but it will be in the number of characters the field will hold (tens of thousands, like16K or 64K), not the number of addresses. -- Brian Tillman Thanks, Brian. Does anyone know the size limit? I have a link that opens Outlook (or OE, if that's what the user uses) and stuffs an e-mail list into th...

Address Book in Public Folder
Hi there - I have a Public Folder used as a company Contacts address book, is it possible to get the individual Contact items to appear when I select the Address Book in the "Show Names From" box in Outlook, rather than just the whole public folder? Thanks Bev _______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><...

Set a Default Address Book
I have 4 different address books set-up on my Outlook XP. When I click on the "To" button to send a mail, I would prefer it to default then to my business address book, but it seems to list them alphabetically - can you set a default? Thanks Open the Address Book. Tools > Options > Show this address list first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <johndoconnor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:N64mc.6761$qP2.15077@news.indigo.ie... > I have 4 different address books set-up on my Outlook XP. When I click on > the "To" button to send a ma...

Clear default to-address from account email button
When you click the Send E-mail on the Account form, the account is the default to-address. I would like the to-address as a default to be blank, i.e. forcing the user to select the recipients and not by accident sending email to customers. -- Best regards, Per Figured it out: In email OnLoad: if (crmForm.FormType == CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE) { //Check to confirm that the window.opener is present. if (window.opener) { //Get the values of the parent form. var oParentCrmForm = window.opener.document.all.crmForm; // If nothing is returned, try this if (...

Auto fill cell addresses by not 1
Hi folks, Is there a way to auto-increment the cell address in a formula by an increment other than 1. For example by 15: =Fubar(A1,A2) =Fubar(A16,A17) =Fubar(A31,A32) : : : I have rather complex formulas that point to data on another excel sheet where the data is organize into blocks (it is generated by another program) rather than in nice sequential columns. Having to manual enter the cell addresses for 200 rows is a PITA! Cheers, Peter How about a little work? Say I want the formula in row 1 (say E1). I'd put this formula in E1: ="$$$=Fubar(a" & (...