Additional Mailboxes under OWA

Is there a way to add additioanal mailboxes under OWA.  I would like to be
able to review some Resouce Mailboxes as well as the Admin Mailbox when I
log in through OWA>

Thanks in advance

Norman

0
Norman

To view additional mailboxs in OWA you will have to log into the mailbox
directly. If the user has permission to view the mailbox it will be
displayed in the browser.

example url:
http://server/exchange/mailboxname

"Norman I. Rosenthal" <pumbaa70> wrote in message
> Is there a way to add additioanal mailboxes under OWA.  I would like to be
> able to review some Resouce Mailboxes as well as the Admin Mailbox when I
> log in through OWA>
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Norman

0
Mike
9/23/2003 2:06:33 PM
But what happens if I am remote is the question.  I will need full domain
credentials again.  I was looking to avoid that and almost get it to work
the same way as the Outlook client does with additional mailboxes.

Thanks
Norman

"Mike" <mike%@ntadmins.org> wrote in message

> To view additional mailboxs in OWA you will have to log into the mailbox
> directly. If the user has permission to view the mailbox it will be
> displayed in the browser.
>
> example url:
> http://server/exchange/mailboxname
>
> "Norman I. Rosenthal" <pumbaa70> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to add additioanal mailboxes under OWA.  I would like to
be
> > able to review some Resouce Mailboxes as well as the Admin Mailbox when
> > log in through OWA>
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Norman

You do not need to be a domain admin, just have permissions to the other
user's mailbox.

Then you would go to as Mike said

http://FQDN/exchange/JaneSmith/inbox  and type in your credentials to access
Janes inbox, or calendar to access the calendar if that is what you have
permissions to etc.

257889 XWEB: How to Open Another Person's Calendar Using Exchange 2000 OWA
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257889

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"Norman Rosenthal" <nrosenthal@nospam.com> wrote in message
> But what happens if I am remote is the question.  I will need full domain
> credentials again.  I was looking to avoid that and almost get it to work
> the same way as the Outlook client does with additional mailboxes.
>
> Thanks
> Norman
>
> "Mike" <mike%@ntadmins.org> wrote in message
> >
> > To view additional mailboxs in OWA you will have to log into the mailbox
> > directly. If the user has permission to view the mailbox it will be
> > displayed in the browser.
> >
> > example url:
> > http://server/exchange/mailboxname
> >
> > "Norman I. Rosenthal" <pumbaa70> wrote in message
> > > Is there a way to add additioanal mailboxes under OWA.  I would like
> be
> > > able to review some Resouce Mailboxes as well as the Admin Mailbox
when
> > > log in through OWA>
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Norman

0
mtravers (146)
9/23/2003 4:44:18 PM
So there is essentially no way to do it from the Main Interface of my
mailbox?

Thanks
Norman

"Melissa Travers [MSFT]" <mtravers@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You do not need to be a domain admin, just have permissions to the other
> user's mailbox.
>
> Then you would go to as Mike said
>
> http://FQDN/exchange/JaneSmith/inbox  and type in your credentials to
access
> Janes inbox, or calendar to access the calendar if that is what you have
> permissions to etc.
>
> 257889 XWEB: How to Open Another Person's Calendar Using Exchange 2000 OWA
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257889
>
> Hope this helps
>
> --
> Melissa Travers, MCSE
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
> purposes only.

rights.

> "Norman Rosenthal" <nrosenthal@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > But what happens if I am remote is the question.  I will need full
domain
> > credentials again.  I was looking to avoid that and almost get it to
work
> > the same way as the Outlook client does with additional mailboxes.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Norman
> >
> > "Mike" <mike%@ntadmins.org> wrote in message
> > >
> > > To view additional mailboxs in OWA you will have to log into the
mailbox
> > > directly. If the user has permission to view the mailbox it will be
> > > displayed in the browser.
> > >
> > > example url:
> > > http://server/exchange/mailboxname
> > >
> > > "Norman I. Rosenthal" <pumbaa70> wrote in message
> > be
> when

Hi Norman

There is not as of yet.  However, if you would like this function to be
available in a future version, please send a request to our developers at
our MSWish site and yes they really do read this!

http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp?fu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emicrosoft%2Ecom%2Fmswish%2Fthanks%2Ehtm
--

> So there is essentially no way to do it from the Main Interface of my
> mailbox?
>
> Thanks
> Norman
>
> "Melissa Travers [MSFT]" <mtravers@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You do not need to be a domain admin, just have permissions to the other
> > user's mailbox.
> >
> > Then you would go to as Mike said
> >
> > http://FQDN/exchange/JaneSmith/inbox  and type in your credentials to
> access
> > Janes inbox, or calendar to access the calendar if that is what you have
> > permissions to etc.
> >
> > 257889 XWEB: How to Open Another Person's Calendar Using Exchange 2000
OWA
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=257889
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > --
> > Melissa Travers, MCSE
> > Microsoft Exchange Support
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup
> > purposes only.

> rights.
> >

> > "Norman Rosenthal" <nrosenthal@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > But what happens if I am remote is the question.  I will need full
> domain
> > > credentials again.  I was looking to avoid that and almost get it to
> work
> > > the same way as the Outlook client does with additional mailboxes.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Norman
> > >
> > > "Mike" <mike%@ntadmins.org> wrote in message

> mailbox

> > > be
> > when

0
mtravers (146)

OWA: open .oft file problem
Hi...we have exchange 2003 with OWA available to clients recently, and we realized that for those .oft files at public folder, the OWA could not open it. How to get around this? how could .oft files covert to OWA format, ex.html...? Thanks, fshguo. ...

one public folder not showing up in OWA
I am upgrading our email system to Exchange 2003. I have setup replication on public folders and have already transferred one user to the new email server (administrator). I have also logged into this account on both the Outlook 2003 client as well as using the OWA in order to compare them. I have noticed in this process that one folder in particular (fax server) does not show up in OWA, but it does show up in Outlook 2003. This is the email address that all incoming faxes get sent to. I was wondering why there would be a difference between Outlook 2003 and OWA in viewing these folders? ...

Logging into OWA
We recently move to a new server running Exchange 2003 the issue is that when customer login to OWA they are required to enter the Domain name\username. Does anyone know why it does this. When logging into Outlook it does not require this. "dennis" <dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:531ED9BA-4CE1-4FD9-BD6A-8EB7CA3E4CB7@microsoft.com... > We recently move to a new server running Exchange 2003 the issue is that > when customer login to OWA they are required to enter the Domain > name\username. Does anyone know why it does this. When logging i...

Mailbox Manager considerations to delete?
I want to know if the 3 mailbox manager dates that by default are used to delete messages can be change and how much it cost if a patch in necessary for that. thanks, Jay ...

Page not found after logging on to OWA 2003 for some users
New setup of OWA 2003. Some users can logon sucessfully no problem. Other users logon and recieve a page not found. If the user then highlights the url and erases most of it leaving the https:/owaname/servername.exchange they then see their mailbox. Hmmmm ...

notify myself when single mailbox reaches a size.
I would like to set up this particular mailbox to notify myself when it reaches a specified size. I have read about setting up a recipient policy and using mailbox manager settings to do this. However, my boss already has it setup so that he receives notification weekly for a particular process. I would like just this notification to come to my inbox and not his, while he gets the other notifications he already has setup. Thanks for any help in advance. No native way, perhaps a WMI event subscription. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ------------...

Moving Severla Mailboxes to one target
Hi, from time to time I need to move several mailboxes from different sources to a common target. (E2K3 to E2K3 in native mode). I would like to use a tool (GUI) where I could simply select the affected mailboxes from the GAL and then right clicking as usual to move. Is anyone aware of a tool that does this task ? -- PIBCAK - Problem is between Chair and Keyboard! If this is from the same AD\Exchange infrastructure: Using, Active Directory Users & Computers Highlight users, right click & select "exchange tasks" in new window select move mailbox task, next etc.... ...

OWA not loading
On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It’s getting stuck on “Loading” screen. What could be wrong? TIA Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A25FA6E8-1560-4969-9494-44BB7FA54936@microsoft.com... > On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It's getting stuck on "Loading" > screen. What could be wrong? > TIA > ...

Mailbox authentication problem!! Please HELP!!!
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000. I have a user that has lost the ability to connect to the exchange server through outlook. I can reconfigure the mail support and the user shows up properly when you check the name. The user can login to the domain properly, but the message pops up wanting proper authentication when for the exchange. I can put in the proper username and password, but only the local folders will open up. I have reset the user account through Active Directory, but with no luck. Through exchange I can see the users box with the folder size and number of emails. ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager skipping mailbox
Hi, We had migrated 800 mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 for our site (Site A). Our Exchange 5.5 servers are still around and there are still other Exchange 5.5 sites within the Org; therefore we are still in mixed mode. We have enabled Mailbox Manager settings on the Recipient Policy for Site A. The Mailbox Manger works pretty well for a week but for the past 3 days, it did not. Instead of processing all the 800 mailboxes, it only processed 45, 122 and 5 mailboxes for the last 3 days respectively. I tries manually runing the mailbox manager but still no luck. I enable...

Copying a users mailbox to another user
We believe there is a user that is using email inapporpriately. Can we copy everything in there mailbox to another user account. We did add the function where all emails incoming and outgoing go to an account but we need emails back at the first of the year and we just started this. We are running win2000 with exchange 2000. If the mails have not been deleted and are still in the mailbox, you can use Exmerge to make a copy of the mailbox. "Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA1C74BC-79BF-4283-AD73-85A6FC1459E2@microsoft.com... > We beli...

Moving 5.5 mailboxes from one server to another
Can any kind person out there tell me a quick way to move mailboxes? I can only do it one at a time, I think, is that correct? TIA Steve You can hold down the shift key and select multiple mailboxes to move to the second server. For reference here is an article on best practices when moving mailboxes between servers. The thing to pay special note to is the number of transaction logs created during the move. Be sure you have disk space to accomodate this or per the article you would want to TEMPORARILY enable circular logging during the move. After the move you will want to disable this...

Scripting Resource Mailbox Permissions
Has anyone ever scripted the permissioning for delegates to specific folders users have rights to in Exchange 200X? What I'm looking to do is create a script that will autocreate mailbox enabled Resource accounts in Active Directory. The next step would be specify the mailbox as a Resource account, then to ACL the folders within the mailbox, i.e. Calendar, etc. The part I'm lost in is the ability to script the folder level ACLs in a user mailbox for Exchange. Has this been done before or am I stuck having to manually ACL each folder? Thanks, Chris ...

OWA Error: The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted
I discovered that I am getting this error for users whom I restricted the "Log on to..." Security Setting in AD to their own computers. How can I get OWA to work without having to disable this security feature? I already tried adding the NETBIOS name of the Exchange Server to the Log on to List, but that didn't work. ...

Mailboxes in Croatian
After migrating mailboxes from one Exchange server to another, all foders in migrated mailboxes are now in Croatian language. On the old server migrated mailboxes were on English, and when a new mailbox is created on the new server, folders are also in English. So, the problem occurs only when migrating mailbox from old server to new. Is it possible to revert folders in migrated mailboxes to English? Solved. I started Outlook on client machines with /resetfoldernames switch. "mc" <no@e.mail> wrote in message news:c8s784$f17$1@garrison.globalnet.hr... > After migr...

AD_UserAccount/Mailbox hiding from GAL
Hello folks, is it possible to hide the Active Directory User Account/Mailbox from the Exchange 2003 Global Address List, like I used to do in Exchange 5.5? I have disabled an user account but his name still shows up in GAL. Regards. User's properties | Exchange Advanced | Hide from Exchange address lists. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Cody" <none> wrote in message news:%23b060gv3FHA.3244@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello folks, is it possible to hide the Active Directory User &...

Mailbox Password Access
The two users of my computer have separate Outlook mailboxes. Until yesterday, when you open Outlook you get a box with the two user names in it and a place to enter the password for the selected name. Putting in the correct password and clicking ok takes you into that person's mailbox. Yesterday I downloaded and installed about 27 patches for Windows XP because of security concerns. That all seemed to go well. However, today when you open Outlook you are immediately taken into whichever of the two mailboxes was open when you last exited the program with no password required. The box with...

Compress excel without using additional software
Hi, Is it possible to compress Excel without installing any additional software or writing any programs? Thanks for your help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "nylecaj" <nylecaj.v2iyi@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote... >Is it possible to compress Excel without installing any additional >software or writing any programs? The compression capabilities built into NTFS file systems are adequate for your needs? Direct answer: no. ...

Error at send detail report of Mailbox Management
Hi team!!! I have this error at the moment of send the report of the Mailbox Management: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 13/11/2005 Time: 0:39:12 User: N/A Computer: Server Name Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on Server Name completed processing successfully. Recipient: abc@domain.com Error: c1050000 For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microso...

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2
HI I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second se...

Setting OWA as default web site in E2K3.
Hello, Q319878 explains how to make OWA on E2K or Ex5.5 the default web site so that users don't have to type the \exchange part in the URL. Is the same valid for E2K3 also? The steps are (from http://www.amset.info/exchange/owa-defaultpage.asp ): Start IIS Manager Right click on the "Default Web Site" and choose "Properties". Click on the "Home Directory" tab. Change the first option to "A redirection to a URL". Enter "/exchange" in to the box (minus quotes) Change the entry below to "A directory below URL entered". Click Appl...

one mailbox sending NDR, but message is being delivered
Clever People! Any chance you can help me on this, I have an XCHG2k3 Server with 5 mailboxes, all connect to POP3. One of the exchange mailboxes is sending a mailbox unknown (5.1.1) error to the sender, but is still delivering the message to the client inbox. This occurs for internal and external sources. The NDR is as follows: ********************* Reporting-MTA: dns;company.ltd.uk Received-From-MTA: dns;company.ltd.uk Arrival-Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:03:42 +0000 Final-Recipient: rfc822;firstname.surname@COMPANY.LTD.UK Action: failed Status: 5.1.1 ********************** Any ideas? Kat ...

OWA URL
i want to access my OWA website without using /exchange option. I want to use like www.mydomain.com Only one front and one back end server running Would redirect at www.mydomain.com be sufficient? Faisal wrote: > i want to access my OWA website without using /exchange option. > > I want to use like www.mydomain.com > > Only one front and one back end server running Absolutely. Just go to ESM and create a new HTTP virtual server and then assign the root to the mailbox domain. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Also, ...

owa
Hello Las week my owa stopped working. I get an 401 and 403 error when I try to access. I've deleted the IIS virtual dirs and cleaned the metabase to restore the IIS to default config. But now, when I try to get the owa page, IIS asks me what is my user and password, I type it and after it shows me a 'site under ocnstruction' page (the default 'site under construction' IIS page). Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!! Check the default content web page and the home directory is set correctly and available. -- Vinod Kumar "josep LR" wrote: > Hello > ...

Redirecting http to https for OWA #2
Got only one exchange server 2003 SP2 very simple setup nothing fancy. My consultant is setting up SSL and paid for a certificate from an outside vendor to use for syncing email to windows mobile devices. He wants me to warn all my users that from now on OWA access will not be mail.companyname.com\exchange but instead it will require https:\\blah blah... He told me that MS has a way of auto redirection of http to https for the OWA access url but it may not be 100% workable. I found an article from MS knowledgebase http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/839357 and I wanted to know...