Additional mailboxes not displaying "Mailbox -" before the name

I have seen this with all different versions of Outlook.
When you add an additional mailbox to be displayed, it
does not always display as "Mailbox - Smith, John"
Something it will just display as "Smith, John"  Why is
this?  Mailboxes are both running off E2k or E2k3 and on
the same exact server.  I have seen it originally being
displayed as "Mailbox - Smith, John" but then I recreate
the profile and "Mailbox -" disappears.  How do I get it
back.  Is this an application problem?  Is there a
registry hack to fix it?

Thanks,

Keith

Anybody know the answer to this?
0
anonymous (74722)

Deleted Exchange admin mailbox
One of my clients runs a Small Business Server 2003 with the associated Exchange Server. The server and the client workstations are not connected to the Internet, and use Exchange for intra-network communication. (A single workstation, not connected to the network, has been setup as an external email terminal). A few days ago we had trouble when we had to create a new user; and we observed that Windows did not create a mailbox for the new user. Figuring that the account was not created because we used up a restricted number of licenses, my coworker and I opted to remove mailboxes that we kn...

Additional mailboxes not displaying "Mailbox -" before the name
I have seen this with all different versions of Outlook. When you add an additional mailbox to be displayed, it does not always display as "Mailbox - Smith, John" Something it will just display as "Smith, John" Why is this? Mailboxes are both running off E2k or E2k3 and on the same exact server. I have seen it originally being displayed as "Mailbox - Smith, John" but then I recreate the profile and "Mailbox -" disappears. How do I get it back. Is this an application problem? Is there a registry hack to fix it? Thanks, Keith Anybody kno...

Outlook 2007 shared mailbox
Hi all, I haven an issue here I really don't haven an answer to. We've upgraded a department here from Office 2003 to 2007. Ever since we are having issues managing a shared mailbox. The users from that vertain department want to use the function categories with colors in the inbox of that shared mailbox. Now the issue is only the last person that loggs on to that shared mailbox by having it added in the outlook folder view (via the advanced properties) can change the color category on any item in the inbox. If you open the email in the shared mailbox inbox then anybody can ch...

Export-Mailbox
My environment is single domain, single forest, single Exchange 2007 SP1 server running all email services. Question - Is there a limit to the number of keyword search terms you can use when using the Export-Mailbox cmdlet? Due to a legal action I need to export all email from our Exchange 2007 server that has certain keywords. I have figured out how to do this using Exchange management shell, the export-mailbox cmdlet, and the -contentkeywords filter. I have successfully ran several test exports using this filter with up to 15 or 20 keywords specified. However I need to ...

Renamed an existing Mailbox
I recently renamed an Exchange 5.5 mailbox and assigned it a new primary user. But I have noticed that the directory name is still the old name. Is there a way to change the directory name located on the advance tab of the mailbox properties. Or is there a better way to change mailbox properties. Thanks in Advance DMKanz you cannot change the directory name of the mailbox...you can change almost anything else, but to change that, you need to delete and recreate the mailbox... "DMKanz" <dmkanz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0ac901c46e76$090d0120$a301280a@phx.gbl......

Will Not Display Mailbox -HELP
I am running Microsoft Outlook 2002, and when I go into tools -> accounts -> view or change current -> change -> more settings -> and click on the advanced tab to add... a mailbox, I type in the correct mailbox name (i.g. ASFAX) and click add. Click OK throughout, and when I get back to my Folder List, I click on the ASFAX and it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I know the name of the folder is correct, and it works fine. I have permissions to join the mailbox and other people in my org...

Unable Open mailbox
Has anyone seen this error message? I receive it on every mailbox. I think I have the proper permission, I can exmerge data form the users mailbox to pst. Please help! Desperately yours, Logfile opened as:msextmz.log Reading Configuration. Command Line:C:\program files\microsoft office\office11\TZMOVE.EXE /q ServerDN:/o=GAPAC/ou=SITE1/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=BLGA181M2 OutputputFile opened as:Output.txt InputFile opened as:C:\MsExTmz\BLGA181M2\Mailboxes_1.txt Error opened as:Errors.txt Default Timezone is not set. Searching Calendar for Timezone Information. Per-Mailbox time limit:1...

Rename user and mailbox
2003 Server, Exchange 2003 We have a user Mindy Jones - Married. I went into the Manage Users and renamed the account to Mindy Lowel Went through all of the tabs in the User Properties and made the same changes. Now, in Exchange/Mailboxes the mailbox is still listed as Mindy Jones. There does not appear to be any way to rename the mailbox to Mindy Lowel. How does one accomplish a rename of the mailbox to match the new user properties? -- Reply to group. Thanks! Have you waited long enough for the change to take effect? If you have and it has not changed try moving the user's mailbo...

Resource Mailbox
Hi there, Could anybody let me know if there are limits on the number of simultaneous users that can access a single Exchange 2000 mailbox. I have just started admining a new server and there are performance problems (serious lag) on a mailbox where 50 users simultaneously access a 1.5Gig mailbox. 35 users access via a 10Mbit LAN and 15 others via a single 2Mbit symetrical WAN connection. Given that none of the other 150 other users on the server are experiencing slowdown and that the load on the server is only about 10% is this to be expected? Or is there anything in the way of performance...

Open Additional Mailbox
The Exchange 'Open Additional Mailbox' function in Outlook 2003 doesn't allow the mailbox view to be expanded. There's no [+] next to the mailbox name as there has been in previous versions of Outlook. Permissions are set as they should be, and the item I'm trying to show is a user defined form in the top level of the mailbox. Is there a way to get this working? Tim Are you looking in the Folder List? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlo...

Default mailbox
Hello all - thanks for reading this. SBS 2000 > Exchange 2000 w/ all service packs, ect. Using POP3 connector, we retrieve messages from our ISP through one email account. I use sbs/exchange accounts to route all mail to users. This works fine, except if an email comes in for lisa@blah.com but is address to liza@blah.com (notice the "s" and "z") it goes to a queue and is mark unreachable. How can I get all messages that are not specifically addressed to users - or mistakes in the email address to go to a default email box - or to my administrator email box? T...

Deleted User Mailbox
Delete a user from Exchange 2003 and the mailbox showed as orphane. Later created a new user and connected that mailbox to that new user successfully. Now the new user cannot logon using OWA. Under Mailboxes in the ESM it shows user connected successfully but under Last Logged in by it show ... S-1-5-21-106....... Please advise. Thank you in advance. ...

Forwarding Unknown Recipients to Single Mailbox
Hi We have a new Exchange 2003 installation and I have a problem. How do I configure Exchange to route all the unknown recipients of our local domains to a specified postmaster mailbox. I found the following instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315631 which talk about creating a new SMTP Virtual Server which is treated as a smart host by the Default SMTP Virtual Server. We then have to create a VB ActiveX DLL and use it with an Event Sink to route all the mail. Initially does anyone know of an easier way to do this with Exchange 2003. Secondly, this KB tal...

shared mailbox
Hello, I'd like to give several users access to a mailbox, but need to ensure that all mail sent gets stored in the shared mailbox' sent items, not the individual users. What I'd like to accomplish * sent mail stored at one place * all replies sent to mail in the shared mailbox, send from the same account * custom signatures In the current setup, we're using IMAP accounts, where all of this can be set with client rules/signatures, but now we're migrating to Exhange, and it seems that strangely enough, our options are very limited! Any help would be ...

Huge problem with Big Bosses mailbox
Hi all I have exc2003 and xp pro. Our big boss had her mails in a .pst. her size was 2.5GB. this was a archived folder. She had a mailbox on the exchange with a limit of 100MB. I had to move all her mail to the exchange mailbox. If i want to change her mailbox size exchange says that the max size in KB is 2097151. If i enter this as her size she cannot send and get this message... Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 10/17/2006 3:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Craig Meyer on 10/17/2006 3:05 PM The message fail...

Process to delete a mailbox
I was going to remove the exchange attributes, but a very dire warning popped up about loss of data and adversely affecting Exchange functionality if we were using the Active Directory Connector or other directory synchronization tool. It also mentioned that we should consult Microsoft Product support before using this task. I need to get a new mailbox for this user as soon as possible. I noticed that the Mailbox Store Limits properties option keeps deleted items for 14 days and deleted mailboxes for 30 days. Does either of these times relate to the time that the option to purge the...

forwarding email to external mailbox
We use Exchange 5.5. I've set up a rule whereby mail to a specific user gets forwarded to a webmail address. That works OK, except if it's internal mail, then his name gets put as the sender. If it's external mail, it doesn't (which is what we want). I'll try and explain myself better by example: Say we're abc.com, I'm tom and he's harry, and he gets email forwarded to harry@hotmail.com Mail from tom@abc.com to harry@abc.com goes to harry@hotmail.com but if he hits on reply it goes back to harry@abc.com instead of me External mail is OK - it goes to th...

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

Move mailbox
outlook email account setup does not update the server name after moving mailbox from one store to another store in the same Site/Domain. This has caused a number of our users to continually recieve the message retreiving data from the old server every few minutes. I can be contacted @ Darrin_Hauck@altagas.ca ...

How big is the average mailbox
Have there ever been any surveys of how much email people usually have in Exchange plus all of their .pst files? We moved our users to a new Exchange server and limited them to 50 MB and there was almost a riot. We bumped it up to 200 MB but with documents attached which are often close to 10 MB (PowerPoint with graphics) the size limits are reached often. Is there a recommendation of how much storage space the average user will probably need including Exchange plus the .pst files stored on the same server, so that we know how much storage space we should be looking at? Personally, ...

Single mailbox
We're running Exchange 2003 on SBS. I'm new to administering Exchange. I want to have a single mailbox (ie - billing@mydomain.com) and have more than one person able to view the mail there. The idea is to enable multiple billing clerks be able to see status flags and responses that others have sent. I've set up a user on the server named "billing" nad have the mailbox set up. I have also granted permissions to myself and another user under "billing"'s properties. Then I went to my outlook profile and added the billing mailbox to my account. When I se...

can't move mailbox
I recently had to move a bunch of mailboxes to a new store on our Exchange 2003 system. I have one particular mailbox that fails - the Exchange Task Wizard log shows the following: ============================================ - <summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1050102"> An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80040102-0000-00000000 ============================================ Event Viewer shows this: ============================================ Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExc...

Creating a mailing list and deleteing a mailbox
Yo. I need to replace a mailbox for our DG with a mailing list so various lackeys can manage his email. Ive found that if I replace his mailbox with a distribution list, anyone who has the DG mailbox as a contact or in a group they created in there mailbox, they can no longer send email internally to him. Internal to ext. from DG mail list is fine. Ext to internal dg mail list is fine. It seems that the removal of the mailbox object is not rippled out to the users settings on there mailboxes so kind of orphans that contact. So, my plan is to leave the dg mailbox intact but add in anot...

Outlook Mailbox
Hello, I open many mailboxes but only wish to see the Inbox (not Sent, Deleted Items, Drafts, etc). Is there any way to hide these from view? Thanks, StuGazzO -- StuGazzO http://forums.slipstick.com You can set up the Shortscuts to show Outlook as you prefer to see it. You didn't state your version, but these instructions are probably OK in most versions: Bottom left corner of the Navigation Pane, click the shortcuts button (an arrow in a box). Use the Add New Shortcut function to place the folders you want to see in the Shortcut pane. Now use the S...

Orphaned Mailbox
Hi, Background: Exchange 2003 I have recovered an Information Store from backup tapes (backupexec) to another server in the same domain for purposes of a disaster recovery scenario Process was - create storage group and information store with the exact same name on the recovery server. The restoration from tape was successfully. However as part of the DR the mailboxes within this recovery process store must be accessible to read. I would like to attach to the orphan mailbox without attaching it to the original user account as it is still an active account. I have tried mailbox cleanup...