adding url in rich text

Hi,

When i type a url into the body of a rich text email, such a
www.blah...
when the email is sent it automatially inserts..
"HYPERLINK "www,blah..."
in the message, in front of the url i originally typed., and then th
actual url after it.

This wasn't happening before, does anyone know how to stop it?

many thank

copy text
Hi, I sent a newsletter in Office 2003 Publisher, but who receives it can´t copy and paste the text into word, is there a way? Thanks, Jo No, there is no way unless the person you are sending the *.PUB file has the same version. Ok. Thanks. "°°MS-Publisher°°" escreveu: > No, there is no way unless the person you are sending the *.PUB file has the > same version. > > > ...

Bold text appears in print preview but does not print bold
I am working on a menu in Publisher. In print preview, all text in bold appears bold, but when I actually print, portions of the bold text does not print in bold. This problem applies to all text within specific text boxes. For some text boxes the bold prints and for some it doesn't. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. What version Publisher? Don't know if that makes a difference however. If you look in the font directory in the control panel you will see a separate font for bold, italic, condensed and so on for fonts like Times New Roman and Arial. If you use ...

How to obtain a text file from a Windows spooled file
I have a HP 4L LaserJet printer correctly configured in my system. Normally, I sent text files to print on that printer (invoices, credit notes, etc.) and I want to have this text output from the spooler to be in a text file instead of the printer. Can you help me doing this? Thank you very much. Fabianmo, If I understand you correctly, there is definitely no easy way of accomplishing this. You will most likely have to add code to your app to do this yourself - remember that Windows is a graphical user-interface, where you position strings at specific pixel-locations, whereas you wou...

Mixed colur text.
I have cells that contains a mixture of black and red text. Other cells contain either only black or only red text. I wish to (a) selectively locate the cells with mixed-colour text and then (b) change the red text to bold black text. leaving any original black text as unbold. I have got as far as the stage of trying to detect these cells. When I use: Cells(i, j).Select iColour = Selection.Font.ColorIndex Valid indexes are returned for only black or only red text contaiing cells. But I get Invalid use of "Null" as an error message on the mixed cells. . ...

Text wrap around in a cell
When there is the potential for a lot of text to be entered in a cell Is there a way that the cell can be formatted to move on its own whe the text has been fully entered, to display all text without having t open the cell. Even when wrap around has been selected -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com GO TO FORMAT, CLICK ON CELLS, GO TO ALIGNMENT AND CLICK THE BOX THAT SAYS WRAP. THIS SHOULD WORK. REMEMBER THAT THE WRAP WILL BE THE SIZE OF THE COLUMN ----- aly1cat > wrote: ---- When there is the potential for a lot of text to be entered in a cell I...

text <-> number conversion
I have a program generated text file that will be opened in excel. some long identification number inside the text file will be converted to float number in excel which I want to keep it in text format. Is there any way that i can modify the program to prevent this type conversion? I tried single quote and double quote sign and they won't help. thanks in advance. Simon ...

Post AD Migration issues in Great Plains
My client has approximately 30 GP seats. While running Windows XP clients in an NT4 domain environment, no problems with the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP folder were found. We recently used the Microsoft ADMT 3.0 to migrate all users and PC's to a new AD environment running Server 2003. Though users are still able to run GP successfully, some errors have been encountered related to their inability to write to the above mentioned folder. Adding the user to local administrator group resolves the problem, but I am interested in determining what changed during the migrations. Do...

storing custom resource data in text format #2
Hi, When I try to insert a resource file, I can choose among standard resource types such as icon, bitmap, dialog, cursor and HTML. I wish to store some SQL text. When I try to insert this as a custom resource, it always assumes it to be binary data, which makes editing it from within the resource editor a pain in the ... So currently I am storing this under "HTML" type, as it is the only resource type that lets me insert text files. Is there some way for me to insert my own "SQL" resource type, and let the resource editor know that this category is "text" en no...

adding to a group
Yesterday I posted on how to link data with other data with a drop-down menu. I was able to do this, but I can't figure out how to add or subtract to these groups. Example 54" $20 60" $30 66" $40 So the lengths would be in the drop menu and the price would come up correspondiing to the length. Now suppose I want to add another length and price to these groups (72" and $50), how can I do this? I have the lengths in a group called size. It seems I cannot modify the contents of "size" What about eliminating one of the lengths? Thanks in advanc...

Adding company holidays to Outlook XP
Is there a way to add my company's holiday (days off) to my Outlook XP calendar? In Outlook 2000 you have to edit the outlook.txt file, but that file does not exist on Outlook XP. ...

Adding Outlook 2007 to SendTo list
How can I add Outlook 2007 to the SendTo list under Vista? With Outlook 2003 under XP, I simply add to drag a shortcut to Outlook to the SendTo directory, but this does not work with 2007. should work if you use the correct directory. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20071221.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://ww...

How to calculate text according to multiple months?
Hello! I', having a slight problem with my Excel-worksheet. I have a sheet with data, like this: A B 1.1.2010 X 2.2.2010 X 3.3.2010 4.4.2010 X (A: DDMMYYYY) How do I get Excel to count all the X:s in the first three months? I have another sheet to gather this data in which I'm putting the formula. One way... Assumes no empty cells in the data range. =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A20)<=3),--(B1:B20="x")) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Joona" <Joona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Table of cells contains comingled text (A,B,C,1,2,3)-formated as .
Have a "Log sheet" of digital photo file numbers which has a column formated as text with alpha & numerical (formated as text) entries to designate the printing instructions for each file. So a cell may contain a single entry as "A" or "C" or "1" or "5" etc. or it could contain multiple combintations as "B,3" or "D,1,1" which give the lab instructions on what to print and how many of each unit to print. Need to total the number of "A" or "B" or "1" or "3" entries that occur ...

Adding to another puter
I downloaded Office to my laptop- now I find i would like to use it on my desktop also but I have no CD or DVD how can I get it onto my desktop? Oh I run Tiger on both computers. Any help gratefully accepted Prin What did you download? I'm pretty sure you can only purchase Office retail. Did you download the trial version? Most downloads on a Mac produce a NameofDownload.dmg file, which is the compressed disk image. You should just be able to copy that over to the other computer. If your real question is "how do I network my laptop and desktop", you'll need to ask som...

2005 & adding overides
VC++ 8, studio 2005, XP ---- I remember in previuos versions I had a wizarbar to add functions. Does 2005 have any such helper? If so how do I get to it? Thanks "SteveS" <sserrell@wagstaff.com> wrote in message news:eQpub4QqHHA.4536@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > VC++ 8, studio 2005, XP ---- > > I remember in previuos versions I had a wizarbar to add functions. > Does 2005 have any such helper? > > If so how do I get to it? > The WizardBar has been removed, much to the chagrin of many. The ClassView has much of the same functionality, though. -- David...

Dynamic Text Size for CEdit
Hi all, I hav derieved my class from CEdit class. I would like to add text to the Edit Box and the text may have varying sizes. A part of the text may be bold and large and the other is in italic. Is it possible to do this using CEdit Ctrl. Please help ----- Palani wrote: ---- Hi all I hav derieved my class from CEdit class. I would like to add text to the Edit Box and the text may have varying sizes. A part of the text may be bold and large and the other is in italic. Is it possible to do this using CEdit Ctrl. Please hel Hi if you want different for...

dates and text
How do I put dates from one cell and text from another into a single cell as 10sep03_GIT If the cell with the date is formatted as a date (and not text) you can use... A1: 9/10/2003 (formatted as a date) A2: _GIT (formatted as text) A3: =TEXT(A1,"ddmmmyy")&A2 (formatted as text) If the cell with the date is formatted as text you can use A1: 10sep03 (Formatted as text) A2: _GIT (Formatted as text) =A1&A2 (formatted as text) The reason I am clarifying it like this is I have never seen the date formatted like that. "karene" wrote: > How do I put dates...

Removing Text
Hi, There is a field in our system that groups together a list of products called p_desc. Whomever build the system concatenates 3 fields together. Fields: Group, Code, Desc The way the data is stored is as follows: Group 47: Transportation Services Group 48: Communications Group 25: Furniture And Fixtures How do I remove the txt before before the :? I want my results to be as follows: Transportation Services Communications Furniture And Fixtures Please help. Thanks you can use the RIGHT function to extract the data after the colon. To determine how many characters to extract use ...

Script to add mailboxes to existing AD User Accounts
2003 Active Directory Domain w/ about 60 users (not big) but none have exchange mailboxes. I've seen scripts to create users w/ Exchange 2000/2003 mailboxes, but I'd like to modify my current user accounts. Server is Exchange 2000 SP3 on Win2K SP4. Anyone have a script to do this that they'd like to share? Thanks. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server http://www.workthin.com You could select all users in the Find Window or in the details window, right-click the selected users and select Exchange Tasks, of course this will only let you create all mailboxes on the same ...

Wikipedia-like text
Hi, I am creating a school-knowledge document, and I would prefer a document which contains all similar words linked. To be more precised, I have the Word: Identity. I have a definition at the beginning of the document for Identity, and I want all text I type in the document to find and create reference for this "vocabulary" as wikipedia does. Can it be done automatically, or has this to be done by creating a bookmark, and creating links to that bookmark each time? Thanks, On Sun, 16 May 2010 03:51:00 -0700, Beatrix <Beatrix@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Renaming a Word document from text in controls
Access 2003/XP Pro I'm opening a Word document, typing some text, and trying to rename it using text from a combo and a text box on my form. The first two steps work OK, but when I try to rename the document, it comes up with a message box "Object required ". Dim oWord As Object Dim oDoc As Object 'Create the Word application object. Set oWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") 'Open the sample document. Set oDoc = oWord.Documents.Add("C:\t2hDoc\DocBlank.doc") '...

Formatting decimal Number as text
I want to show a number (really a dollar amount) as you would write on a check 10.95 as "Ten and 95/100". I wrote a function, but it's tricky. Anyone know a way to use just straight EXCEL formatting BTW I use Excel 200 with Win XP. Thanks, Don The only way I can think of is by using a VLOOKUP to a table. =VLOOKUP(INT(A1),D1:E100,2)& "and "&(A1-INT(A1))*100&"/100" Where columns D & E are the table column D is 1,2,3 etc and column E is One, Two, Three etc. A1 contains the original your 10.95 This is going to take some setting up if you ...

Powerpoint '03 --> Publisher '03 copy/paste and text boxes
Hello, I have a 40" wide x 30" tall MS Powerpoint '03 document that I'd like to insert into Publisher '03. The reason is that Powerpoint will not permit tiled printing and pasting into Publisher has been suggested to me as a good workaround. I need to do my proofreading on a standard printer before sending final art to a large format (and high cost) unit. I can copy/paste my PPT background and then overlay all of the slide information with another copy/paste operation. Publisher lets me print across multiple pages and ensure that fonts are legible and so forth. The ...

formula of sum and text
In column "A" (A1:A20) titled "Employees", there's recorded employee names as work is done through a weeks time. There are ten different names that are possible. In column "B" there are empty cells (B1:B20) titled "Miles". When an employee logs miles on a day it is registered in column "B" adjacent to their name. There are only two employees per sheet that will have recorded miles, although it is not always the same two. In cell "C1" & "C2" there are empty cells titled "Employee Miles". We m...

Saving email attachments as text files
Hi, I would like to save my emails as text files but how can I do that with those that have attachments? Thanks, Terry <a href="www.addconsults.com">ADD Consults</a> "The world's only online AD/HD eClinic" ...