adding subject line to e-mail template

I have depts in my company who weekly send me a
spreadsheet of companys to receive a standard e-mail sent
using Outlook 98. I created a DOT file in Word for the e-
mail body. I set the mail format to Word and the template
to the DOT file. Since the subject is the same for each e-
mail, is there a way to add the subject line to the
template?
0
anonymous (74722)

Blank Subject Warning...
I have been trying to write a vba macro in Outlook that will give th user a warning and not allow them to send a message if they don't pu in a subject. Here is the code that I have so far: Private Sub application_itemsend(ByVal item As Object, cancel A Boolean) If item.Subject = "" Then cancel = True Dim iMsgBoxSel iMsgBoxSel = MsgBox("Please fill in the subject befor sending.", vbSystemModal, "Missing Subject") If iMsgBoxSel = vbOK Then End If End If End Sub Everything works perfectly, except that when the macro is done, th main Outlook window b...

reciving e-mails
is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. stephen <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to set microsoft outlook e-mails up to > reciving emails from people that r in my contacts and a > few or e-mails thats i want to recivie from people. Are you saying you want a "safe list"? That is a list of people from whom you will accept mail and messages from anyone else are rejected. What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Junk Mail Filtering
Are there easier, more intuitive ways to filter adult-content and general junk e-mails within the Organize features already present in Outlook 2002? Are their products out their that I can add to the existent system rather than downloading new stand-alone software packages? I modified the "filters.txt" file but still am not pleased with the increasing amount of junk mail I receive. I feel your pain...I just sent a couple of comments to MS about how poor their SPAM filtering is. Other web mail will flag all bulk email that can be deleted at one time With Mr. Gates working with the...

Adding a button to a Wizard
I must be overlooking something really simple, but I just cannot see it... I have a wizard project in which I'd like to create a CButton dynamically for the main "sheet". The button may exist on all subsequent pages swapped in, or could be hidden. I get the button to appear (it gets drawn over a bitmap background), and it does respond to the enter key (when in focus) as my OnMyButton method gets called. However, clicking it with the mouse doesn't get me anything? I create the button as follows, for reference: aRect.SetRect(20,540,80,600); m_TestSheetBtn.CreateEx( NULL, ...

how to I e-mail a multiple page newsletter in publisher
I created a news letter in Publisher, a two page newsletter. I tried to e-mail the newsletter to myself but all I get in the e-mail is the first page not both. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Please can anyone help with my frustration? Can't send it as a multipage newsletter. You have two choices. Create a lonnnnnnnnnnnng email that is one "page" wide or convert it to a .pdf and send it as an attachment. Warning - if you do it as the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng email, it probably will not print past the first "page". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publi...

Runtime Error LIne 297
I just set up a brand new Dell computer with Outlook 2003 as the mail program. Everytime the user opens the mailbox, she gets the following error: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 297 The debug opens, but I don't know what to do with it after that. Has anyone else worked through this? Any suggestions? ...

Lost mail msgs
Is there any explanation why all my mail msgs in my inbox disappeared and is there a way to recover them. I am using Outlook 2003 on a private network at my office. I am devasted. ...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

downloading or exporting folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook 2000
Is there any way to export my email folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook2000? Thanks for your help. Dianne NO. ...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

Fillin fields in template behave differently on different workstat
Simple fillin fields for a fax saved and stored as a template do not update when accessed e.g. file, new, "fax.dot" on one PC will automatically bring up field but same template on another PC will create a new document but not run the fields. I know I can write VB code to update fields but this then runs fillin fields twice on some PCs. Also when fillin fields run cannot see document behind the input boxes (some PCs only). Thanks in advance Lulu On 31/05/2010 9:12 AM, LuLu wrote: > Simple fillin fields for a fax saved and stored as a template do not update > ...

Adding a Crystal Report to the RMS reports folder
I can create a Crystal Report for the RMS but when I try to veiw the report I get a error message. What are the steps I need to follow to add the report to RMS so the user can view it Hi..richuscav, You have to make <reportname>.def file along with <reportname>.rpt file and put it in CrystalReport directory of store operations. You can have a reference of dafault DEF files in that directory. If the DEF file is correct you will get the report in Manager. I think this subject is already discussed in this forum,,so search for it. Good luck, CP.Dinesh Jumbo Electronics Co.LLC...

no subject e mails, how do I deal with them?
I am receiving loads of 'no subject' e mails into my inbox, is there a way of dealing with this problem as the create rule tool cannot create a rule based on an e mail that has no subject or content. What causes these mails anyway? Probably, but since you provided no information about your version of = Outlook, it would be hard to say. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, T5 asked: | I am receiving ...

I need help to customize a specific PowerPoint template
For PowerPoint template called "Beam", how do I change the first bullet on the master slide to be yellow instead of red and still keep the shade effect, and bring the bullet that is blue with the shade effect up to be the second level bullet? ...

adding core modules and service pack
we are adding extender to our current system after installing extender should I rerun the current service pack before running the utilities or can I install the newer service pack and only run the utilities once ...

Template or whatever you would call it?
Is there a way to create a drawing (using a base template, shape, ...) so that if you go back and change something in the template, it will get changed in all occurences in your main drawing. unfortunately there is no link from an original template to a drawing to perform that function. That said, have you considered going to the document stencil (via the file menu) and making your change there. The way visio works is when you copy something to a drawing it first copies it to the document stencil and from there to the drawing. So unless you have broken the link between document stencil ...

Outgoing E-mail
Hi When i am sending an outgoing CRM E-mail my E-mail address is displayed in the "From" field when it reaches the recipient - Can this be changed to a more "normal" behavior where the users names are displayed in the "From" field. Thanks Jakob ------=_NextPart_0001_088915B6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good Morning Jakob, Outbound CRM email should include the display name of the user sending the email. If you are only seeing the email address, please ensure your display name in Outlook/Exchange matches what is displayed in ...

Send E-Mail Immediately in Outlook XP
In OE 6.x, e-mails that are written and marked for transmission are sent immediately, without having to open the OE client. However, with Outlook XP, it seems that the user must open the actual client and send the e-mail from there, instead of just clicking "send" on the e-mail he is composing. Note this is different from the "Send Immediately When Connected" checkbox under Tools>Options>Mail Setup, as this only seems to apply to messages composed and sent while the client is running. I want to configure Outlook XP to have the same behavior as OE in this instance, o...

mail merge with different subjects
I have to sent email messages with mail merge with different subjects. I have excel sheet which contains subject, email address fields. please help -- With gratitude, Faisal Ijaz You cannot do it with mail merge out-of-the-box. You could do it with a modification of the code used in the the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, o...

adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows
Hello: As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the end of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the spreadsheet have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just rows of "real" data--long story short.) Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in column A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with this last row that contains just the word 'G...

e-mail address privacy question
I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new product introduction. I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before. If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their e-mail addresses to be public like this. Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see everyone else's e-mail address? Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses...

E-mail links
After switching from my ISP dail up to cable I am unable to click on a link in outlook 2002. It opens the browser but does not fill in the address. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thankyou Do other URL links within the Windows environment (in a word doc, on the desktop etc) also result in this behaviour? I had something similar to this happening for many many months. It turned out a few DLL's had to be reregistered. I actually don't recall exactly what I did... I know urlmon.dll was one of them... but there were a few others in my case that needed to be registered. There are ...

Cannot send mail
Hi All, I have below code which works great for 80% of the users but for 20% it doesn't work. On Error GoTo Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click stText = Me.Greeting & " " & Me.Actual_Name StSubject = Me.Subject & "" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , Me.E_mail_address, , , StSubject, stText Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click: Exit Sub Err_Kommandoknapp181_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Kommandoknapp181_Click Has anyone encountered this problem? The only error message is: Merec cannot send this e-mail message /(Merec being the Datab...

live mail sending blocked
receive the following error message when i try to send a email. 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support. I don't believe that I have violated the terms of use, please unblock my account. -- Greeting earthlings On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:26:01 -0800, 1martian wrote: > receive the following error message when i try to send a email. > > 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This acco...

I have cox cable no phone line, And Eatel Phones
I would love to have outlook express but I only have cox cable and Eatel phone line so there is no way to get it if so please let me know. Barbara Alexie <Barbara Alexie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would love to have outlook express but I only have cox cable and > Eatel phone line so there is no way to get it if so please let me > know. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. OE will work fine with Cox cable. -- Brian Tillman ...