adding search folder

Under all mail folders I show  I show two headings- "personal folders" and
"fap..." which has all my e-mail.  personal folders has a "search folders"
folder which does not search my "fap..." folders.  I would like to add a
"search folders" so I can easily find flagged messages in my e-mail account.
I would like to have the new search folder folders stored on my server as are
all my other folders in the "fap.." folder set.  How do I “search folders” to
the e-mail folder list?

AFAIK You can't add a Search Folder that searches one PST to another PST. It
can only be saved in the message store it searches. You can, however, add
any Search folder to favourites which makes it's location irrelevant.

--
Bill Rodgers - MVP

"Bob K." <Bob K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Under all mail folders I show  I show two headings- "personal folders" and
> "fap..." which has all my e-mail.  personal folders has a "search folders"
> folder which does not search my "fap..." folders.  I would like to add a
> "search folders" so I can easily find flagged messages in my e-mail
> account.
> I would like to have the new search folder folders stored on my server as
> are
> all my other folders in the "fap.." folder set.  How do I “search folders”
> the e-mail folder list?

0
BillR9171 (440)
9/20/2005 1:35:04 PM
you need to create a search folder in your fap folder. if the fap folders
are stored online then the search folder will be as well. At the bottom of
the fap folders should be a folder for search folder - right click on it and
create a new one.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Bob K." <Bob K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Under all mail folders I show  I show two headings- "personal folders" and
> "fap..." which has all my e-mail.  personal folders has a "search folders"
> folder which does not search my "fap..." folders.  I would like to add a
> "search folders" so I can easily find flagged messages in my e-mail
> account.
> I would like to have the new search folder folders stored on my server as
> are
> all my other folders in the "fap.." folder set.  How do I "search folders"
> the e-mail folder list?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

I dont have scanpst.exe folder. How do I add one so I can fix Out
I get a message stating that I need to run scanpst.exe as I have a corrupt folder. In the file path under Office 12, there is not scanpst.exe folder. Is there somewhere I can download this file? Mary It is not a folder but a tool for scanning your pst files for errors. Do a search for scanpst.exe and when you find it go to it and run it with Outlook closed. -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Mary O" <Mary O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Frustrating problem with adding funds ....
Hi I have a very strange problem. I am testing the trial version of Money 2004 and it works great with my job computer (win XP Pro). When i tried it with my home coputer (Win XP Home) i have got a strange problem. When I add investments "Managed funds" and make transactions like "buy" and "add shares" I can only enter quantity and price with whole numbers, like 1, 2, 25, 43 and so on. I can not enter quantity and price with decimals. For example when i enter a price of 8,20 Money changes that to 82. When I enter a price of 43,24 (43 dollars and 24 cent...

multiple Outlook Today folders
I have no idea how this came about to be. I have three "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]". As best as I can tell, by spot checks, they are all identical; it would be a herculean task to check this out 100%. There seems to be no way via the menu-bar or right-click to delete the two extras. I would like to know what I did to get three and what to do to delete two of them. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/oltrble.htm#disconnectpst -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be...

Spurious blank records being added
Hi I have a form Customers and a subform Bookings. The subforms Allow Additions property is set to false and Data Entry to false. I put a button on the Customers form, New Booking, which changes the subforms Allow Additions property to true and Data Entry to true. If the user now closes the form without adding any booking details, a blank record gets created. In order to try to prevent this, I set one of the fields in the Booking table to required. Validation > 0. Validation message "Booking not added". That works fine, i.e. if the user backs out they get a message "Booking ...

EXCH 2003
On exchange 2003 SP2 How can I set up an audit on who's deleting e-mails in a public folder ? Thank you In news:1154368101.462065.192490@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, olivier.greoli@gmail.com <olivier.greoli@gmail.com> typed: > On exchange 2003 SP2 > How can I set up an audit on who's deleting e-mails in a public folder > ? > > Thank you I'm not sure you can. It would probably be better to limit these permissions to those you can trust, and grant most people Reviewer access only. ...

user's folder could not be found

Public folder import?
I am building a lab to test our Exch 5.5 -> 2003 migration. As part of that, I would like to recreate some of the public folder structure on the test 5.5 server. I created an export/import file (see the format below) and was successful in importing the directory entries. However, the actual folder do not get created. Is there some magic I can perform with to accomplish this? I tried the consistency adjuster, but it doesn't talk about creating publis folders where only DS entries exist. Thanks \\Greg Obj-Class,Directory Name,Display Name,Folder-PathName,Hide From AB,Obj-Dist-Name...

adding sound to an email
Tried to follow the directions in the knowledge base to add a sound to an email - - but got an error msg that said: Object was created in HMTLInLineSoundCtl. This application is not available to open this object." Any idea where I go from here???? s/Rick ...

Adding to Great Plains menus
Hello, I have some forms I've developed and I need to include it in menu extras (form Command_System, command CL_Extras). Does somebody know how to achieve it? Thanks you in advance. A.L. Please see the sample applications provided with Dexterity as they have a menu example. Also look at part 5: Navigation of the Integration Guide pdf manual (IG.PDF) which is installed with Dexterity. A hint is to use Runtime_GetCurrentProductID() whenever you refer to command forms or commands in your dictionary and DYNAMICS when referring to original command forms and commands. Runtime_GetCurren...

Strange Attachment Issues with Exchange 2k and Offline Folders
I'm hoping someone can help me with this somewhat random problem. I have users in a remote building connecting to my Exchange 2K server (running on Win2k server) over a frac T-1. To help with performance issues, I've set them all up to use offline folders. The problem I'm having is that when an attachment is sent to several of these users from external accounts and one of my users is listed in the "To:" field, while others are in the "CC:" field, then the recipient in the "To:" field will not receive the attachment. In testing this, if I have the s...

Restore previous folder view issue
Hello, Having an issue with logon. The same explorer window opens for all users automatically after logon. Each user has the restore previous view option deselected. Even a new user account opens the same window. When MSconfig is used and the "don't load startup items" is selected the folder doesn't open, but I do not recognize a command in the list that would call an explorer window to open. "Mark_59" <Mark59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCBA3E9-1C0B-4517-A5F1-282BCA2893C5@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > H...

subForm Not Adding Record
I have a subForm that has all of its fields populated with default vaules from the Main form (=[form1]![Field1]). No problem, I can get those to fill in, when I attempt to save that record, into another table, Access will not write the record. The AutoNumber field is still says <AutoNumber>. If I click in a field and change the value, the auto number creates a record and away we go. No problem. I tried using a button with the doCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord, to no avail, and I tried using the button wizard write this: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecor...

Would like a basic lesson, please, in what these Email types mean and how they are used in AD
We use Active Directory on a Windows 2000 Server domain (native mode). We use MS Exchange Server 2000 for our email/collaboration. She is trying to use the GroupWise client, and connected to a GW server, outside of our network, to do her email, check other managers' calendars, etc. She can send and receive Internet email just fine. She can send and receive email at this wider network just fine. She can send email to me (within our network), but any email I send to her, or any email she sends to me and I reply to, never gets to her. The funny thing is that we never get any "undel...

adding OnSaveAs to existing VBA script
I have the following script with replaces all formulas with values. Now I need for the script to execute when the user selects the 'Save As' file function. Please advise. Sub FormulasToValues() ' ' Replace all formulas with values ' WCount = Worksheets.Count For i = 1 To WCount If Worksheets(WCount - i + 1).Visible Then Worksheets(WCount - i + 1).Select RCount = ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Row CCount = ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Column For j = 1 To RCount For k = 1 To CCount Worksheets(WCount - i + 1).Cells(j, k)...

Wrong Message Count
Hi, I have an issue where I have public flders on my 2002 outlook client. When I browse to various folders it comes up with the wrong information in the lower left hand corner. Example being I have 6 messages in one public folder all unread - however at the bottom left pane - it tells me I have 6 message and only 5 unread? Another folder has 16 messages in it with 9 unread, but it tells me there are 10 unread?? Any clues? Help appreciated! Chris. ...

Outlook Sent Item Folder
Hi everybody, I have a very strange problem, we have a network with exchange server, and outlook 2002 where the users work mostly offline, and syncronize their OST's every 15 min. One user when attempting to drag and drop a mail item from his "sent items" folder to another folder, the "From:" field (which should contain his name) of the receiving folder remains blank.If he works online that doesn't happen. That only happens with his name, and only with his account. The other user don't have that problem. I'm out of ideas, help please! ...

KB Search in Service
I have added, a new KB article in to the KB. However, whenever I search for the article within the Service - Customer Service of CRM I don't get a result from the KB. However, if I try a search within my Workplace then I get a response. Is this due to the searching not being turned on within the Service section of CRM??? If so how do I turn it on?? It may simply be a time delay thing. Can you search for and find it from Customer Service if you try now? "datoon" <datoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E260C6-0B73-401C-86B1-0797D0CBC99A@microso...

{Error} Cannot open folder set
hey Outlook 2007 An user here has 2 email accounts (I call them here for emailA and emailB). This user works on a terminal server. Now when she tryes to access emailB email folder she get an error message (the original message is in Norwegian, so here I display a translated version) : "Cannot expand folder, cannot open folder set" In Norwegian: "kan ikke utvide mappen, kan ikke �pne mappesettet" She get that error when working in Terminal Server, not on local machine Both emailA and emailB are in-house Exchange email addresses, on the local machine emailA usually ...

Adding macro code to Personal Macro Workbook
Greetings, I have a .bas file and would like to insert this code directly into my personal macro workbook. However, I can't find a way to DIRECTLY insert the code. The only thing close is to record a dummy macro, then step into that macro and insert the *.bas code that I really want. Can someone tell me of a better way to do this? I'd just open the .bas in notepad and copy|paste to my favorite module. but if you right click on the project (when you're in the VBE), there's an "Import File" option that may work the way you want. mika wrote: > > Gree...

how to restrict domain user to view or list all public folders
Tried open public folder store to change the security to restrit the specific user but fail. Open ESM find your want to restrict public folder properties\permission tab click client permission set default right to NONE "DK" <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61C9A8E7-02B7-457D-8DF2-3A36A2F1AEF4@microsoft.com... > Tried open public folder store to change the security to restrit the > specific > user but fail. ...

AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object
Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' = error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The = new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data = Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-( Has anybody seen this problem, and is there a solution? Thanks! --=20 Bowen Moursund ...

Unable to delete email message in 'deleted' folder
Hi all, I am unable to perform any action on one particular email message (for eg, move it to another folder, delete it, forward it, reply it....). It will cause my outlook 2000 to hang and i have to restart it. That particular email message has nothing in the 'from' field. It is a spam message i believe. Can anyone help? Thanks. Can you select the message and use SHIFT+DEL to delete it? Delon wrote: > Hi all, > > I am unable to perform any action on one particular email > message (for eg, move it to another folder, delete it, > forward it, reply it....). It w...

email inbox searching
Looking for a better tool to do email legal searches against Exchange 2000 and 2003 inboxes. The Outlook search tool is too cumbersome to use when a large number of search terms are required. I have not used exmerge for 2k3 yet but the version for 2000 is also limted and seems to export numbers of email that do not contain the targeted terms. Sifting through the false positives is too time consuming. Is there a utility or other product that will do this? thx ...

Set Public Folder as default contacts #2
How can I configure the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 navigation pane so that when I click Contacts, a Public Folders contacts folder appears as the default? ...

send mail to myself goes in deleted folder?
Hi, I just had to restore my ME version on my computer. I notice I'm getting e-mail from Outlook express just fine and others are getting mail from me as well. However, when I initially tested the e-mail (and it continues even when I cc myself), when I send mail to "myself" I see it sent from my "send box" but I never get it. I found however that my "deleted folder" contains the message (not my inbox). I get noise from outlook telling me I have mail. It's just in the wrong folder (not inbox, but deleted). Again, this only happens when I send mail ...