adding a new user to email

okay so i have tried so many time to add my husband onto
outlook email but for some reason it will not allow me to
do so and it really is driving me mad!  this is the steps
i am taking...

0
anonymous (74722)

Does he have a separate account?  Have you added this account from Control
Panel->Mail Icon?  What version of Outlook are you using?

BTW - the steps you listed are going to elicit the same problem every time.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nickie asked:

| okay so i have tried so many time to add my husband onto
| outlook email but for some reason it will not allow me to
| do so and it really is driving me mad!  this is the steps
| i am taking...

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/8/2004 9:06:40 PM
no we have not set up a separate acct on windows xp for=20
him but i have also tried that and it still doesnt work. =20
yes i added the acct through control panel and so on.  i=20
am using outlook 2003.

problem every time.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account=20
will be deleted
>without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
Nickie asked:

>| okay so i have tried so many time to add my husband=20
onto
>| outlook email but for some reason it will not allow me=20
>| do so and it really is driving me mad!  this is the=20
steps
>| i am taking...
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/8/2004 9:21:49 PM
Okay - let's back up for a minute.

Does your husband have a separate e-mail account provided by your ISP?  Do
you use one account for both of you?  What is the account name that you are
trying to add?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nickie asked:

| no we have not set up a separate acct on windows xp for
| him but i have also tried that and it still doesnt work.
| yes i added the acct through control panel and so on.  i
| am using outlook 2003.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Help please
Hi I'm running outlook 2000. I have a considerable number of old emails that outlook will not let me delete, I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem presists restart outlook". Obviously I have tried re-starting outlook but this doesn't help. I have also run the inbox repair tool which does not report any errors. Is there any way I can work on and edit the 'outlook.pst' file directly? These emails are annoying and I would like to get back to a clean listing. Any assistance is much appreciated. Cheers Jem How l...

Junk Emails
We are using Exchange Server 2000 SP3. Recently there have been many junk emails coming to our domain. Please let us know how we can stop such junk emails in exchange server. Secondly, when we click in Current Sessions in Exchange Systems Manager, we get a message SMTP Configuration window saying "The system cannot find the path specified." Please if anybody can help us to stop the junk emails of 1 kb. There are more than 1000 such emails in our Q by which our server is always busy sending / receiving unwanted emails. Regards, Athar -- Athar Sagri atharsagri <atharsagr...

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Can columns be protecteded by an assigned user?
In an attempt to streamline 4 separate worksheets into one, is it possible to setup 4 columns in one Excel worksheet, then protect each column to allow one user to edit their assigned column by unlocking and relocking it? Or is there a better alternative, i.e., linking a main worksheet to each of the four that will show the edits automatically in my main worksheet? You can use the Allow Users to edit Range feature to set up a worksheet so that specific areas can be edited by specifc users. You protect the entire sheet and allow a user to edit a specific range without a pass...

adding number only if CDN is displayed in next cell
I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the column besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. Thanks for your help. Use SUMIF() See HELP for details -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B61595A-17DD-4254-A46F-A8D26BF0D9AB@microsoft.com... >I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the >column > besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. > > How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. > > Thanks for y...

Manager grayed out on user setup

CRM SBE Migration to New Domain and Hardware
Hi Folks, This issue has been talked about in a number of threads but our scenario has not been addressed directly. We are presently running CRM 3.0 SBE on a SBS 2003 Premium installation running SQL 2000. Because of a number of issues not related to the CRM implementation, we have decided to create a new clean domain on new hardware (not migrating AD) and will be installing SBS2003R2 with SQL 2005. We want to migrate all of our CRM data and customizations to the new domain/database/installation. Does anyone know how we can best complete the migration and what steps from a high lev...

Outlook 2007
I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement email advising them that their email was received and will be answered in 2-3 business days. Any ideas if this can be done???? Thanks!!! "Senor Martinez" <SenorMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8635126F-BD00-4B87-BEA2-F5F39AADEF64@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up a receipt to where if someone sends me an email, my > email will automatically write them back some kind of acknowledgement...

puttin money 2004 on a new pc
i bought money 2004 onlline and installed from a download, i want to put the program on my new pc but seem to have inadvertantly deleted the file. i have no disc to install from and the tech support at microsoft is just giving me the runaround. does anyone know where i can get the install file? -- becca becca wrote: > i bought money 2004 onlline and installed from a download, i want to put the > program on my new pc but seem to have inadvertantly deleted the file. i > have no disc to install from and the tech support at microsoft is just giving > me the runaround. d...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

How to restrict printing access for users
Hello, I am new to shared databases and was wondering if there was a way to restirct users from printing specific reports? Thanks. You can use User-Level security: Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/SECFAQ.EXE Lynn Trapp's summarization: http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/The10Steps.htm KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q165009 http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/faq1/1/win98/en-us/secfaq.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325261 Joan Wild's articles: http://www.jmwild.com/security02....

Creating mailboxes for users in a child domain
I am attempting to provide the ability for administrators in a child domain to create Exchange mailboxes on an Exchange server in the parent domain for users of the child domain. I have installed the Exchange Management Tools on the DC of the child domain, and delegated Exchange Administrator privileges to the administrator of the child domain. When creating the accounts the process to create the mailbox completes successfully on that DC (as does adding a mailbox to an existing user account with the exchange tasks option) however, I never see the mailbox on the server, and when creating an O...

multi user problem on small vista lan
I have three new pcs running vista business and I installed office 2007 on each. I put Access FE on each pc and BE in a public folder on one of the PCs with full control permissions for everyone on the public folder. Why can only one person on each pc get into access at any one time? Possible reasons: 1. No permission to create the LDB file 2. One user opening in Exclusive mode 3. The file may need to be in a Trusted Location 4. You may need to sacrifice a chicken. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "davidve&qu...

switching users
I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I have checked the account settings several times. I can retrieve the email if i set up the account on another computer. Any thoughts? Thanks, Peter peter wrote: > I have a computer that on which I needed to create a new user profile. > I set up Outlook on the new profile with the same email account, but > it gives me an error when retrieveing mail. I have Outlook 2000. I > ha...

adding data
I want to add data to a current cell, can this be done? You can add to the value in a cell. For example to add 100 to a cell, or group of cells: Type 100 in an empty cell on the worksheet Select the cell that contains 100 Choose Edit>Copy Select the cells you want to increase Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Add, click OK Clear the cell in which you typed 100 diana wrote: > I want to add data to a current cell, can this be done? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Problems setting sending and receiving emails
I keep getting this message when i try to send an email. I am not sure if my windows mail is set up correctly. Help I do not know what to do. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17 "POP3" and "SMTP...

Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract
Hello Outlook Group: I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo column. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would be moved to some history folder. Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, ...

EMail, subject, font
Now we have a problem. CRM mail works fine. We can send and receive e-mail. Everything is working fine except that the CRM Email router can not determine if an incoming email is relevant to Microsoft CRM when email subject contains non latin symbols (cyrillic for example). We can send email with cyrillic symbols in subject. Recipient (Contact) receives it. He can read it. When he replies we receive email in Outlook but not in CRM. But we receive email in CRM if recipient completely deletes subject (not GUID) and retype the subject in latin during reply. We also receive email in CRM ...

Exch 5.5
New spam method: * for any given email server - format the header with an INVALID recipient - format the header so that the "Reply-to:" is the intended victim on the spammer's list This allows them to relay off of any server because the server will reply with a non-deliverable report returning the original message to the address in the "Reply-to:" field. Spam accomplished. So, if the incoming email is addressed to an invalid recipient (nosuchuser@mydomain.com), is there a way to force Exchange 5.5 to automatically delete the email to prevent an NDR from be...

Report Columns Don't Ad Up
When I run a detailed sales report, the Total Sales, Cost & Profit columns don't add up. In theory, Total Sales - Cost = Profit. In this instance, the numbers don't add up. Not even close. What gives? Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Tom, If I'm thinking the same report, the Detailed Sales report profit column only displays the profit per item, and not the extended profit. I think the same goes for costs, too. The columns need to have their formulas changed in the QRP file to account fo...

Page borders added, the bottom border never shows up.
Hi, I add page borders to my document but when I print preview or print the bottom border is missing, I've tried adjusting margins but that does not seem to help. Any suggestions? See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm -- Regards Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word) DocTools - Denmark www.thedoctools.com Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft Word "Patrick" wrote: > Hi, > > I add page borders to my document but when I print preview or print the > bottom border is missing, I've tried...

saving new record in subform
The main form is frmCustomers, with a subform subfrmContacts. The subform has custom navigation buttons, cmdAddContact and cmdDeleteContact. On the subform, AllowAdditions = false. When the user clicks cmdAddContact, I set AllowAdditions = true. On the AfterInsert Event, I set the AllowAdditions back to false. If the user clicks cmdAddContact, then types in the info, then clicks cmdAddContact again, it says, "can't go to the specified record." If I click outside the subform, then back in the subform, I can add a record. I need a better solution! Thank you, Steve S...

New "Manufactured Item" Type
Hi All I need an additional new item tyype that behaves like a mix between an assembly and a kit. My shop sells items that are produced when the client buys then, and certain components can be substituted at time of sale and qty of others may have to increase, so creating kits is not really an option. I also need my stock, for each individual component to deplete when this item is sold. I would use assemblies as this gives me this flexibility, but I do not want every single component listed just the title of the component item and it's cost. I figure I need a new Item type, somet...

SBS2008 + new Windows 2008 Terminal Server
Hi, Have an SBS 2008 domain currently running two Windows Server 2003 Terminal Servers. We're now planning on adding an additional Windows Server 2008 Terminal Server. Terminal Server Licensing role is already currently installed on the SBS 2008 box. What's the best thing to do regards TS Licensing on the new Windows Server 2008 TS box ? I need to keep the 2003 TS boxes online as well for a near future. Can I just use the TS Licensing role already on the SBS 2008 box or should I setup another TS Licensing server role on the Windows Server 2008 TS itself ? ...

Asking for and capturing user input
Help, I'm trying to ask a question of the users of this spreadsheet and based upon the answer copy a named range into a portion of the spreadsheet. Any one have any ideas ? I'm using the Forms in lower portions to help fill out this order form, but do not see how to do the above problem. Thanks, In Advance Gregg Harris See InputBox Method in Help. "<Customer Name>" <EMailID@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:4Mjob.200616$0v4.15617669@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Help, I'm trying to ask a question of the users of this spreadsheet and &...