Adding a "New Mail Button" to Navigation Pane in 2003

Good Afternoon.

I would like to add a button to bring up a new message to the navigation
pane in outlook 2003.

In previous versions of outlook I could just grab the executable from
somewhere in the office directory, but I cant find it for office 2003.

Does anyone out there know how this can be acomplished?

Thanks,

Luke MacNeil
demensia@techie.com

you can"t modify the navigation pane to add buttons in Outlook 2003. Sorry.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Luke MacNeil" <lukemacneil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Good Afternoon.
>
> I would like to add a button to bring up a new message to the navigation
> pane in outlook 2003.
>
> In previous versions of outlook I could just grab the executable from
> somewhere in the office directory, but I cant find it for office 2003.
>
> Does anyone out there know how this can be acomplished?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luke MacNeil
> demensia@techie.com

0
patriciac (522)
2/5/2004 9:39:19 PM
you need to use make a shortcut for outlook.exe and add the new message
switch:
outlook.exe /c ipm.note

you can make a copy of the quick launch shortcut and add the switch to it,
then drag it to the shortcut pane. You can also make hyperlinks or just
customize the toolbar - tools, customize, drag a button to the toolbar then
right click on a button and choose hyperlinks at the bottom.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Luke MacNeil" <lukemacneil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Good Afternoon.
>
> I would like to add a button to bring up a new message to the navigation
> pane in outlook 2003.
>
> In previous versions of outlook I could just grab the executable from
> somewhere in the office directory, but I cant find it for office 2003.
>
> Does anyone out there know how this can be acomplished?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luke MacNeil
> demensia@techie.com

Where in the Navigation pane would you want to add it? :-S
You can use the Menubar, Toolbar, CTRL+SHIFT+M and a shortcut to;
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /c ipm.note

How much more ways do you need?
--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net

Tip of the month:
-Tips for cleaning up your mailbox

Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)
-----
"Luke MacNeil" <lukemacneil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Good Afternoon.
>
> I would like to add a button to bring up a new message to the navigation
> pane in outlook 2003.
>
> In previous versions of outlook I could just grab the executable from
> somewhere in the office directory, but I cant find it for office 2003.
>
> Does anyone out there know how this can be acomplished?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luke MacNeil
> demensia@techie.com

0
Roady
2/5/2004 9:46:14 PM
Thank you very much.. I really thought it was impossible.. I only asked
so I could say that I tried.

Maybe I'll look into them 24 hour books :)

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> you need to use make a shortcut for outlook.exe and add the new message
> switch:
> outlook.exe /c ipm.note
>
> you can make a copy of the quick launch shortcut and add the switch to it,
> then drag it to the shortcut pane. You can also make hyperlinks or just
> customize the toolbar - tools, customize, drag a button to the toolbar then
> right click on a button and choose hyperlinks at the bottom.

New mail button and many more stuff greyed out
new mail button is greyed out. we could create a new account and we can receive mails but can't create a new one cause the button is not clickable, it's greyed out. it's also impossible to reply to any mail, those buttons are greyed out. under the tools menu, customize and options are also greyed out. we changed the data file, even created a new profile but these won't help. what might be the reason?? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Verified the outgoing (SMTP) email settings if this is a POP3 account? "sercan bozkurt" <sercanbozkurt@discussions.mi...

you have new mail button
I remember in the older versions in outlook when I received email a windows came up notifying me of the new email. In outlook 2003 there is the fading window. Is there a way of getting the button back? I walk away from my desk I won't see the fading window. Thanks, Peretz Stern <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote: > I remember in the older versions in outlook when I received email a > windows came up notifying me of the new email. In outlook 2003 there > is the fading window. Is there a way of getting the button back? I > walk away from my desk I won't see the ...

How do I activate the new mail button