Adding a new Journal Entry through the Activities Page in Contacts Folder

In Outlook 97, there used to be a check box on the
Journal Page of Contacts that said "Track all Journal
Entries for this Contact".  There was also a button on
the bottom of the page that let you add a new Journal
Entry.

I can't find out how to do this in Outlook XP.  The help
file says to go to the main "Tools/Options", and check
the list of contacts you want to monitor, but this is a
real pain every time you add a contact.  Also, it doesn't
solve the problem of adding a new journal entry for a
contact.

I thought I was getting close.  If I go the the
activities page in contact folder, and click on customize
this view, under "options" there are two check boxes, one
says "Allow in-cell editing" and the other says "Show New
Item Row".  However, both of these are always grayed out,
and I can't change them to see if that will do the trick.

Thanks,

Jay.

Adding Lines And Boxes, etc. To A Chart ?
Hello, Will blame it on my age. Using Excel 2007 (or, at least trying to) and XP. When I have a chart page opened up, how do I get it to show the bar on the bottom (that the real old versions had) that allows one to click on one of its icons shown to "draw" lines, arrowed lines, boxes, add text with a box, etc on the chart itself ? Thanks, Bob Hi, With the chart selected you can use the Insert tab > Illustrations > Shapes. To add shapes to the chart. Textbox is in the Text group of the Insert tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypo...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

multiple personal folders #12
HI, I have multiple "Personal Folders" directories in my Outlook 2007. The reason is probably that I imported several old archive. Is there a way to fuse or merge these directories? Or perhaps move the contents to one and than delete the other empty one? Thanks You can copy and paste from one folder to another. You can then close any folder that isn't your default (unless you corrupted your profile by importing a PST file). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <paa17@planiet.nl> wrote in message news:4968f5ea$0$30616$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... >...

OLd in age, new to term papers
I am using Microsoft Word and would like to put reference numbers in my paper. I would like to raise them above the line. Is it sub-script or super sub-script and how do I finish it? Thanks Dennis -- Dennis Jackson Use the Footnote or Endnote feature, and the reference numbers will be created automatically. By default the Footnote/Endnote Reference style is superscript. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dennis Jackson" <Dennis.Jackson.603e413@wordbanter.com> wrote in messa...

Saving user account settings to a network folder
I have been able to set Outlook to look to a network folder to see the Outlook file that has the user's mail account set up in it. However, the customized signature and other program settings are not saved in this file (outlook.pst). Is there a way to save all of the customizations to the newtork as well (another file)????? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Jonathan I recently had to upgrade from Ex5.5 to Ex2k and the only way I could do this was to export all the user data to a pst file and import it in to Ex2K. The only draw back was that all the things such as rules...

Help! Unable to mount public folder store event 9519
Hi, I am getting the following error when tring to mount the public folder store. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9519 Date: 11/01/2006 Time: 00:10:26 User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: Error 0x8004010f starting database "First Storage Group\f7967383-856a-4b7f-9023-37c269a0e908" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Look up of DB Info failed. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have tried numerous ms kb articles to no avail. I did find this on a news group :- -------------...

History/Activity-NTEXT Field
Ok, here's the deal, and lets see if it get broken here when I past it in, haha. 1. Try to view cirtain customer's history and get sql error (soap exception, you know the one that really doesn't tell you anything). 2. Look at customer's "History" by using advanced find to find all the activities. 3. Notice that one of the activities has it's 5000 character NTEXT Field filled with what appears to be a "copy/paste" from an outlook e-mail, to which I can open just fine. 4. out of sheer desperation of trying to figure out what the problem is, I wen...

Exchange Server 2007 Public Folders Permission issue
We have a consultants folder with over a hundred sub folders. Is there any way to propagate the permissions down to all the sub folders? Get-PublicFolder \<Parent_Folder_Tree>\Consultants -Recurse | Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -AccessRights <see_help_for_optoins> -User <Domain\User> -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Stuart Reicher" <StuartReicher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF14A00D-D9E6-486D-9237-C7ED652524F5@microsoft.com... > We have a cons...

can't access public folders with OWA
Hi, I have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 Installed everything works fine, except when trying to access Public folders via Outlook Web Access, after going to the location its asks for username and password - this works ok and the folder is displayed, but when trying to add a folder or post a note or do anything I get: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. I have tested on client machines, remote machine and the exchange server as administrator with no luck. does anyone have any...

same look for all folders
Hello, I am using outlook 2003 ( mailbox on exchange server ) I' dont like the Show in groups view for my mail folders. I can change this view by => View,Arrange By,show in groups, but i have todo this for all folders. Can i set a default setting, so that all my folders ( also public folders ) are in the non-show in groups view? Thank you, ponch <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote: > Can i set a default setting, so that all my folders ( also public > folders ) are in the non-show in groups view? I don't know if it will apply to public folders, but here's something f...

Continuous Pages
I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer section. My report should only be 1 page but it goes on continuously to no end. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The page is formatted on a 8.5 x 11 page landscaped. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. In the report properties change from continuous to page report and set ForceNewPage (right click on the body of the report) to after section. "BBAL20" wrote: > I created a simple report that has a Report Header, Detail and Report Footer > section. My report should o...

Auto insert worksheets for multiple page imports
I have an Access database that has a query run to create a separate page with different Vendor Account number and related billing account information for each. The vendor requires this in Excel format but a separate worksheet for each billing account. Ex. ABC company has 10 billing accounts with information. They want 10 different worksheets with the specific information on each. I know how to export to Excel but it won't create sep. worksheets for each page created. Can this be done? Here's my recommendation: Download the entire file from access to one excel file and sheet n...

Adding Contact information to a form
Hello - I am trying to get multiple contact entitys to display on a custom entity form. I have created a custom entity called 'Special Account information' It has a number of custom attributes that we do not wish to add directly to the account record. It is the child of the Account entity. I have made the Contact entity a referential child of 'Special Account Information' so it can have its own contacts, whether entered new or selected from the existing contacts in the system. I am working with the main application form. I am displaying all the custom attributes f...

Outlook 2007 Folder Status Notification
I am having issues w/the Folder Status message. It used to tell me "All folders are up to date.", now it is just saying "This folder is up to date." Anyway to make it go back? I am using a corporate version of XP as the OS if you need that. Thanks, Sophie ...

Incident and Account.Owner / Primary Contact
I've been looking at the deployment manager and It appears what I want is possible but I want to make sure it will not "break" something. In our incident form we have a field called "Case Contact". I would like for this field to be populated with the Account's Primary Contact name that is associated to the account. How can I make this association, is there any documentation about mapping fields from account to incident? I think I'm in worse shape because I need to populate this field with a contact that is associated to an account which does not seem to have...

Sent emails not moved from Outbox to Sent folder
Using Windows Live Mail (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726) I often find that sent emails are not moved from my Outbox to my Sent folder. When first discovering this I would resend the email in the Outbox or query the intended recipient (with apologies), asking if the email had been received. In each instance the email HAD been sent, just never moved to the Sent folder. 1) Is there any way I can determine if mail sitting in my Outbox has actually been sent -- without querying the recipient? 2) Is there any way I can get Windows Live Mail to properly move sent emails from ...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Spending by Category Report on Home Page
I have Customized my Spending by Category Report to not include Taxes and some other stuff (under the Reports tab). However, I also have the Spending by Category report show up on my Home Page. This report does not include the customizations I made under Reports, so it shows ALL categories. Anyone know how to make the Home Page report be the same as the other one? Thanks! Hi, The report on the home page is not customizeable. I believe this is rather meant to give you a general overview of your spending. Infact if you watch closely at regular intervals the all the homepage charts ...

front page 06-07-10
I have lost my include files and now have no headers or includes. What can I do? Gaye How did you lose them? "gaye" <gaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BAE1F7-6A80-46D2-8593-EE60E5D3236F@microsoft.com... :I have lost my include files and now have no headers or includes. What can I : do? : Gaye Have you previously published the website to a server on the internet? If so, get the files from the server. Open the remote site in FrontPage and publish back to your PC - but do not do this if the includes are missing on the remote site. -- ...

When I insert new pages the fonts on the existing pages change
I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:39:03 +0000, Jim wrote (in article <A9F6706D-208F-4FB4-BECD-70077760824A@microsoft.com>): > I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I > insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - > quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? Unlink the boxes. If the boxes are linked then the font will change globall...

New ISP, no incoming emails....
Hi all, was up late last night VPN-ing into my network, and had to go to bed after failing to solve this... I hooked our work up with a new T1 yesterday... from the minute I did, we have gotten no emails incoming.... We use an exchange 5.5 SP6a server for our email on a NT4 machine (Please hold all your jokes and MS-doesnt-suppot-that-anymore comments haha) and a seperate server to relay and filter our emails running GFI mail essentials. I made all the new DNS and new IP address changes on my firewall, they configured my new router remotely, I changed all the info on my DHCP server and can ...

RE: Contacts and recovery
Is there a way you can recover a contact that has been deleted from a public folder? Thanks, Rich Hall if you have DIR configured, it's simple...if you're a folder owner, just use "Tools", "Recover deleted items"...what version of Exchange? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rich Hall" <rhall@spectrumcontract.com> wrote in message news:%23RtAKrpYHHA.4440@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way you can recover a contact that has been deleted from a > public folder? > > Thanks, > Rich Hall > ...

Can I config Outlook folders in my archive.pst to hold both Post and Notes?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7F9DE.84A377F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can I config Outlook folders in my archive.pst to hold both Post and = Notes? If so how? TIA Chris. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7F9DE.84A377F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"t...

users folders in windows 7
We are in the process of upgrading to windows 7 and have come across a strange issue. We had an issue with someone's user profile so we tried to rename it and have the user log back in. At this time, a temp profile was created. The problem did not correct, so we moved all important information and deleted the user account. When the person logged back in, another temp folder was created. Has anyone run into this issue/problem yet? Hello, Lu, On 29 Apr., 17:25, Lu <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are in the process of upgrading to windows 7 and have com...