Add Remove Message Inbox Headings

Hi :)

I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7
this week and I'm stuck on two points:

7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject,
date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook
2007?

Thanks for any help :)

Giulio.

Messages Stuck in
My sent e-mails get stuck in Outlook-Outbook and I found this solution on a web page (see below) but I still don't know how to "switch to another folder". Can someone please walk me through this? Thanks! I am using Outlook 2000. The web site stated: You'll need to open the messages, switch to another folder, and click Send. Ready to learn Ready to learn <Ready to learn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My sent e-mails get stuck in Outlook-Outbook and I found this > solution on a web page (see below) but I still don't know how to > "swit...

Unread deleted messages
Hi, [Outlook 2003 SP1] When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to change this behaviour? Thanks, Jan Roelof jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com <jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for > instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to > change this behaviour? The "Unread Mail" folder is not actually a true folder. It's a search folder which just displays all unread messages no matt...

No content in message field anymore
For the last two days when I open my email client I see no content in the message field. Each email is blank with an attachment paperclip in the upper right hand corner. When I click the paperclip I have the choice of a txt file (which will not open up) or an htm file which will open. This is driving me crazy and I don't want to get rid of windows mail...any suggestions on how to fix this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/...

macros are disabled message but macro security is low
I just installed Office 2003 and am trying to record/run macros in an Excel worksheet. I can record a macro, but when I open Tools/Macro/Macros..., the Edit, Create, Delete, & Options buttons are grayed out. The Run and Step Into buttons are active, but when either is clicked, a message "Macros are disabled because the security level is set to high......" is displayed. The secruity level is NOT set to high, however. I have tried every setting from high to low, with no effect on the error message. Any help would be appreciated. This is the first time I have tried to us...

Import raw MIME messages
Hi, Is there a way, or utililty, to import raw MIME messages into Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express? I would like to preserve the base64 encoded attachments, too. I have searched Usenet newsgroups with Google Groups, and I have searched SlipStick.com. I just cannot finding anything, but I cannot believe there is not an existing solution. Thanks, Lee You might want to try Redemption http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ (will require the ability to write code on your part). "Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tKudnTxM_OkMLTfcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hi, Is...

Outlook 2003 acquiring multiple instances of a message store
Hi, I've been working on a project involving a MAPI message store provider and I've noticed some peculiar behaviour with Outlook 2003. Specifically it seems that Outlook invokes the MSProviderInit() function on three separate occasions, and I'd like to understand why. The first two invocations occur directly after I access the message store for the first time. The third occurs some (indeterminate) time later (normally between 15 and 20 seconds after Outlook is launched). What on earth is it doing? Why does Outlook 2003 require three separate instances of a message store. This fun...

How can i stop Outlook from re-retrieving messages on the server?
Outlook all of the sudden, is recieving thousands of old emails that I have already read. It does this now whenever I open the program and will only get old emails, never quite making it to the newest ones, of course, the ones that I need! Pop account? Did you select the option to keep a copy on the server? and is that needed? If so, and pop account, log on to web mail, create a new folder, move all your old msgs to the new folder "Tdragonman" <Tdragonman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E43FC66-F4A3-4758-99DC-A15E40B17FD7@microsoft.com... &g...

modeless message window in a regular dll?
Hello community, I have written a regular dll that should just show a status window. The problem is that I have no control over the application calling the dll. The application should not be aware of the status window. The window should just be modeless (it shouldn't block *any* application GUI) and it should show a status message. If possible, it should have a Close button. The dll uses a worker thread for requests from the application and it uses a UI thread for socket operations. Note that I use MFC in the dll (which could make it more comfortable to create the window - or - on the ot...

To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.
This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have never used Outlook Express. "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up to a few minutes." "Rufus Chaney" <RufusChaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B333C7-3076-4788-A23F-652B389F9A3B@microsoft.com... > This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have > never > used Outlook Express. > > "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may > take > up to a f...

transferring files [inbox, sent mail, etc] from outlook
Recently installed Windows 7 and began using windows live mail. Previously had windows xp and windows outlook. I am trying to transfer the mail files [inbox, sent, drafts, etc] to windows live mail but cannot figure out how to do that. Help! If you really mean Outlook, it's more complicated. You need to take the ..pst file to a computer running Outlook, import the messages into Outlook Express first. If you mean Outlook Express, then you need to copy all of the .dbx files to the Win 7 computer, then import them into WLM. File - Import - Messages - Microsoft Outlook Ex...

Colour code messages only to me
Hi I am running Outlook XP. There is a rule that can be set to colour code emails that are sent only to me, but what it actually does is colour code emails that only have me in the To: line of the email. If an email is sent to me and CC's in someone else, the rule treats this as a mail sent only to me. How do I set the rule so that it colour codes a message sent solely to me? Thanks in advance ...

WM_COPY message not being passed to controls deriving from CEdit within an ActiveX control
Hi, As stated in the subject, I have some custom edit controls classes in an ActiveX control. I can enter text and interact with the edit controls without any problems except in the case when I try to Copy/Paste/Cut/Clear through the key shortcuts Ctrl-C/V/X/B. Nothing happens when I press those key shortcuts, because the control itself never receives a WM_COPY/WM_PASTE/WM_CUT/WM_CLEAR message. Does anyone have any idea why these windows messages would be filtered out or simply not sent by the parent? Is there a more elegant solution that to override the OnKeyDown handler of the parent wind...

Outlook Favorites Won't Save, Messages wrong on Outlook Today #2
Re-posting a message from a couple of weeks ago, hoping for better luck this time. I have Outlook 2003 running on XP Pro. Original message, with some additional info in brackets: A few days ago, I lost all my favorites. Also, the Messages section on Outlook Today no longer shows the number of unread messages, and if I click on a folder under Messages, nothing happens. For the Favorites, once I add them back in, it works fine until I reboot, and then they are gone again. I do close and re-open Outlook after adding my folders, so it should be saved properly, and it appears to be working w...

Secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS
Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except the password defined in VBA ? No. Use VB to create COM addins. ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com <CLarkou@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132296881.379001.293560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except > the password defined in VBA ? > Thanks a lot, these add-ins can be called in Access also, isn't? The COM add-ins can be created by Visual Basic code or it needs C++ ? You can use VB. -- ...

Wrong message displayed
If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go back to read the message, it shows one message, no matter which one I select. It doesn't display any of the other messages. Where might this 'archive' folder be located ? 1. Storage folders 2. Email account If 2, is this a pop3, IMAP, or Hotmail(Http) account ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Marlon Medina" <MarlonMedina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93E6F96B-3619-4491-ADEA-DC84385C3374@microsoft.com... > If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go bac...

Do Option Groups Offer an OTHER Option that Users Can Add Themselves?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 on a novice level. I have a question about option groups. I'd like to know if it's possible to create a set of radio buttons, check boxes, and/or drop-down lists, with an OTHER option that lets the user enter a new value. I know that's possible with Filemaker Pro. If you enable the OTHER option, a popup window appears that lets you add a new item to the list. I'm not sure if that applies only to drop-down lists, but it has come in handy at times. Can it be done with Access? If so, what are the rudimentary steps to accomplishing this? Tha...

email error message
I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. ) At the top of the box it says.... WinMail.exe - No disk- If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just click continue - I can open the email. How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email. Thanks so much! It happens when you try to open an emai...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

Messages Forwarded as Attachments Appear Blank
Hello, I am running an Exchange 2003 Org, with mixed Outlook XP/2003 clients, all on the latest service packs. I have one client (our CEO) that when he receives forwarded email from outside the organization, the forwarded message shows up as an attachment, but when he opens the attachment, it is displayed as a blank email (no to, from, cc, subject, body, or anything). I have checked the AV logs on every "AV for Email" gateway from the source to the destination, and I don't see anything getting stripped from the message. I have also checked all the AV servers, and made sure...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Oulook 2007
Is there a way to turn off the Search box and "Click here to enable instant search" underneath it which appear when you are looking at emails? tools, options, other, advanced http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

OE Message Download Problems
I opened OE 6 and closed it while the program was still downloading messages. Though the download completed, I am unable to locate the messages on my computer or on the web-based email server. Any ideas as to where the files may be located on my machine? Thanks. ...

Messages from Children ?
Hi guys, What's the best way to handle this: I have a CWnd derived class that I use as a child window in either a dialog box or a CWnd-derived view; and I want to handle mouse message that occured within the child. I can put mouse messages (OnLButtonDown, etc.) in the child then route them to the parent but then parent won't know which child sent it. Or, I can make a custom mouse handler in the parent, like OnChildLButtonDown() that the child would call with it's ID but that seems a little sloppy. I'd like to do it like the notification messages other controls send like CEdit...

Newest message arrives first
When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered first. I want the oldest message on the server first. How do I change this? Thank you. "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message news:0D273E59-B4AF-48B0-B0A8-C32372EFC943@microsoft.com... > When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered > first. I want the oldest message on the server first. How do I change > this? > Why are you seeking this behavior? All of your new messages should arrive within seconds, and ...

Delete Messages Folder Outlook 2003
When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get the following message: -- "This messanging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook."---- I have restarted outlook several times and have re-booted my computer a few times and I get the same message. Can anyone help me to resolve this situation? Ted Jamison <Ted Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get > the following message: -- "This messanging interface has retu...