add items to a contact

I would like to know if it were possible (and how, maybe with a plugin) to
add items to a contact in outlook 2003. In concrete, as I have seen in Agilix
Gobinder 2005 or Tabletplanner, in a contact one can add persons (spouse,
sons, assistants, etc) and then add to each of them items (birthdays,
anniversaries, etc). In the calendar view, these family celebration dates
appear so one would be able to recall them.
Gobinder and Tabletplannet can sync with Outlook , but unfortunatly, these
added items have no counterpart in outlook, so they are missed in outlook.
Any help, please?
Jaume
0
jaumedoc (2)

You could customize the Outlook form to add places to enter more dates.
Contacts can be linked through the Contacts box at the bottom of the form.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"jaumedoc" <jaumedoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if it were possible (and how, maybe with a plugin) to
> add items to a contact in outlook 2003. In concrete, as I have seen in
> Agilix
> Gobinder 2005 or Tabletplanner, in a contact one can add persons (spouse,
> sons, assistants, etc) and then add to each of them items (birthdays,
> anniversaries, etc). In the calendar view, these family celebration dates
> appear so one would be able to recall them.
> Gobinder and Tabletplannet can sync with Outlook , but unfortunatly, these
> added items have no counterpart in outlook, so they are missed in outlook.
> Any help, please?
> Jaume

0
suemvp (4038)
10/22/2004 2:03:21 PM
jaumedoc <jaumedoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to know if it were possible (and how, maybe with a
> plugin) to add items to a contact in outlook 2003. In concrete, as I
> have seen in Agilix Gobinder 2005 or Tabletplanner, in a contact one
> can add persons (spouse, sons, assistants, etc) and then add to each
> of them items (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). In the calendar view,
> these family celebration dates appear so one would be able to recall
> them.

Open a Contact and click the "All Fields" tab.  Then choose "Personal
Fields" from the "Select from" drop-down.  You'll see the "Anniversary",
"Birthday", "Children", "Gender", "Hobbies", "Language", "Profession",
"Referred By", "Spose", and "Web Page" fields.  Fill them in to suite
yourself.  At least for me, dates I put in "Anniversary", and "Birthday"
automatically show up in my Calendar.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Business Contact Manager How To Discconnect
The title says it all. After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it possible to discconnect? If so how? Your help is appreciated and will be acknowledged! Thanks (B^>)-]=[ "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ui5YSiF6KHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The title says it all. Um, no it doesn't. What do you mean by "dosconnect"? > After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it > possible to discconnect? > > If so how? The Business Contact Manager is...

Deleting old items
Hi All, We have nearly 70,000 item codes out of which we have identified some 10,000 item codes which are not having any history or quantities. These are codes from the old legacy system which were not to be imported into RMS. Due to these unnecessary codes our reports including the stock count variance reports are slowed down. We would like to delete these unnecessary item codes from the RMS database so that we can speed up reports and keep the data base clean. Would really appreciate if you could let me know how we can go about this and the implications if any in doing such mass d...

SOP-POP and Serialized Items
I have been using Great Plains for a few years, but have not spent much time in the Purchasing module. I have an Item master that is marked for Serial tracking. This Item Master that is marked for serial tracking is purchased from VENDORA. I have a customer that wants to purchase this Serialized Item. Lets call the Item SOFTWAREABC. So I enter the order in sales Transaction Entry for CUSTOMERA and enter Item SOFTWAREABC. I want to use the AutoPO button in Sales Transaction Entry to purchase SOFTWAREABC from VENDORA and it looks like I can not do this unless I mark the item in the sales...

How to include predesigned shapes into an Add-in?
Powerpoint 2003. I have an Add-in with an Auto_open() sub that creates a custom toolbar with some buttons that fire different macros that is included in the Add-in. One macro moves around existing shapes (images) in the ppt presentation and that works fine as long as the shapes are there. But if the user has deleted a shape from the presentation, the macro will fail. What I would like to do is to incorporate some shapes (images) in the Add-in (.ppa) and make them available to the Add-in macro so it can copy the shapes into the presentation when needed. Appreciate any advice...

Missing menu item--how do I get it back?
I am trying to get the news reader feature to work within my Outlook. I have added the News item to the Go menu but it does not show up there after it started once. Noe the news item no longer show when I go to Customize|commands|Go Any help would be great on how to get it back. I have already tried a reinstall and repair but those did not help. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the &quo...

When I add a row to excel how can I stop formulae changing
I've done this before, but can't remember how. I want to add a row at the top of a sheet, but without formulae with a range eg =sum(a1:a5) changing to =sum(a2:a6). $ isn't the answer =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) HTH Kostis Vezerides "vezerid" wrote: > =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A5")) > > HTH > Kostis Vezerides > Thanks for that. How about if I after inserting a row A1:A5 changes to A1:A6 TIA Dave ...

Edit items in "Revieve Inventory"
In the Item receipt, receive inventory, is there a way to edit items as we put them in? This would be a great place to be able to edit basic price, cost & description info while we have Vendor invoices right there. Am I missing the ability to this? -- Thanks! David D. L.S.B. Double-click on the ILC and it will open up the item properties where you can change anything you'd like. Craig "David D." <DavidD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFD0EF05-CA98-4CB1-824C-AD84E50375DE@microsoft.com... > In the Item receipt, receive inventory,...

Are there any known issues using Line Item comments for all SOP do
Hi all, I recently modified a SOP Packing slip to add Line item comments for each line to show an additional numeric value as a text (weight) printed on each line item. The way it is setup is that there will be unique line item comments (click the -> on the line item comment field, not the magnifying glass lookup and then just type text for each comment, click OK and save the line item). I've used up all of the User-defined fields including tracking #s and so I am down to adding comments. EXT. and Modifier are not options at this point. I also tried adding Document Notes to t...

VBA to create series of workbooks need to add code to skip creating a report if no lines meet criteria
Hi All, I need some assistance as where I'm at with this report is far beyond my level of knowledge and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've created a template that creates a report and displays variances based on the "search criteria" which is defined in another worksheet and hides any rows that are equal to Zero and are between the value (>= -5000 AND <= +5000) and what I'm trying to figure out is if there are no rows visible within the report then it should not save the report (that way I don't email a blank works...

Add routine checklist for Human Resources
Under tools>routines, there is no routine>checklist for Human Resources. This would be good to add to the menu so that routine tasks such as hiring a new employee or other daily, monthly, quarterly items could be tracked in a checklist, much like Payroll. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Outlook Add-in
Is it possible to make an Outlook add-in available only to one user rather than all users on a multi-user machine (citrix server in this case). If so how? ...

Updating Posting Account for Inventory Items
We just re-launched our company and did a massive effort to move as much existing data from the old company to the new. Unfortunately our inventory items accounts were not updated. Is there a way to set a default account for items at the same time? Or do we have to update each item? Are your items assigned to an item class? If so you can set the account at the class level and then roll it down to items in the class. -- Jim@TurboChef "Ken" wrote: > We just re-launched our company and did a massive effort to move as much > existing data from the old company to the new...

SQL to mak all items TAX and CODE 128A
Hi, I have seen this before, but cannot find it now. I need a query to make all items Code 128A and also need to set all items as TAX (taxable). Thanks for your help. geokar, http://tinyurl.com/sy9lm SO Manager | Wizards | Task 170 Assign Sales Tax Must have access to CustomerSource -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Ma...

Same display name in Contact Attribute
We recently upgraded from v 3 to 4. Now I am trying to import my contacts but an error is displayed: "There are two columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the same display name. Change the display name for one of the columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM before importing." I went to customizations to check which are the two attributes and they are: utconversiontimezonecode timezoneruleversionnumber Both dont have a display name and both are system attributes. What woudl be a workaround? ...

Can you automatically add a comment to a cell
Hi all Is it possible to automatically add a comment to a cell once it has been selected. The cells currently have data validation to only allow you to enter certain letters and conditional formating to change the colours once these letters have been selected. I would like it to add the current date and time when any of the letters have been selected using the drop down box through data validation. Thanks Mally Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Target.ClearComments Target.AddComment ("Date and Time Last modified " & Now()) End Sub "Mall...

can't add my True Type Windows Fonts
I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using my programs, they don't show up in any of my Font menu pulldowns; only the default fonts that come with the machine. I'm using Windows XP Pro ?? chumley Try loading them via Control Panel > Fonts > File > Install New Fonts. -- Rey "chumley" wrote: > I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear > inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using > my...

outlook automatically adds calendar appoinments as 'tentative'
Outlook 2003 is automatically adding all appointments to my calendar as "tentative". I would like to turn this feature off. This is not the same feature under Tools / Options / Calendar Options / Resource Scheduling (which I currently have disabled)... this appears to be a feature that was introduced in Outlook 2003 SP2. After much searching, it appears the only way to disable this 'feature' is to turn off the reading pane... which is not an option for me. Does anyone have any way of turning this feature off? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks -NG NaturesGraffiti@g...

Automatically populating distribution lists in a public contact folder
We have a custom application which we wrote to add contacts in a public contact folder and to create and populate distribution lists in the same folder. One one machine, everything works fine, but on another machine, the distribution lists do not always get populated. Our application does not indicate any sort of error. We are using the outlook application automation object to create these items. We have been unable to determine why it works on one or two machines, but only sometimes on others. All machines are using Outlook 2003 SP1. ...

Locking Items in a file?
Hi, I have a question on creating a template. I don't want to use the Master Page to create an option. I was hoping to find a way to lock in place certain features in the 4 pages so that someone else less skilled can plop in text around them. Is there a way to lock items in a file? For example I want the masthead and logos at the top of the newsletter left alone as well as the editing information on the back. Any help is greatly apprecited! -- -- Karen Peters You cannot lock objects in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ new...

add button
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to add a button to the contact form and how to add code to it, so it executes another program when pressed? Thanks Hi, you can add a button to the contact Form. Therefore open the isv.config in the "_Ressources" folder in your CRM-Folder. You must set the value "ISVIntegrationEnabled" in the web.config to "on". In the isv.config you can add buttons that open other websites in CRM. You'll have to write a webproject for example, which executes your code. best regards, Marc "mv" <verhaert@gmail.com> schrieb i...

Add Template directory to the New Publication
How do I add "Template" to the list in the New Publication list under Backgrounds. I have a lot of templates and don't want to have to view them one at a time. The instructions I have to load them to publisher is to copy them into the "Applicatio Data" folder, listed as "documents and Settings/username/application data/microsoft/templates" however I don't have that one on my computer. Is there another way to access them than from this folder - listing them the same way you can for other "Pre-designed" projects? Thank you anyone who can ...

Add lookup after the table has been created
Hi there I have created a table and realized that to ease use of adding data, I want to add a lookup column. How do I create a lookup column (either typed in or based on another table) to a field which has already been populated? Thank you Don't do it! You should never be working directly with the tables: you should always use a form. On a form, you can easily bind the field to a combo box. See http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm at "The Access Web" for some of the many reasons why lookup fields in tables are not considered to be a good thing...

How do I restore contacts and emails from a system backup?
I had to re-install Win7 recently due to a mixup in registration. MS was under the impression that my version of Win was not genuine. I am using Genie Timeline for backup purposes, so I have all of the files relating to WLM. Which files do I have to restore and where do I put them in order to recover my contacts and mails? Thank you. Depending upon where you placed your mail stores... you should restore the folder "Windows Live Mail" along with all its subfolders. Typically this is located at: C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail ...

Outlook syncronisation for shared accounts and contacts
It appears that by design, the syncronisation to Outlook from CRM does not sync up account or contacts that I am a 'shared' user for. Has anyone else come across this. Its pretty important that our users have all account / contacts that they are allocated to as part of their responsibility, irrespective of whether they actually 'own' the record or have a 'shared' record. any guidanc e would be most useful By default only contacts owned are synchronized. To add records to synchronize in outlook select 'Local Data' in the CRM menu. Here you can define or ...

Add-Ins Disappearing?
Hello List, Have a strange issue. This particular user has several third party Excel add-ins that he uses. Every few days they disappear completely from the add-in list but the default add-ins stay. Does anybody have any idea on what could be causing this? The times at which they disappear seem to be completely random. Sometimes it could be 2 days, sometimes 4 days etc. Windows XP Excel XP Thanks for your help. Cheers.. Ben When a non-built-in addin is selected in the Addins dialog it is recorded in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Opti...