ActiveX control to send appointment?

Currently I use Microsoft MAPI Session and Messages
Controls to programatically send mail.  I don't see how to
use these controls to send an appointment.  Does anyone
know what ActiveX controls are available to send
appointments to Outlook clients or how to use the MAPI
controls to do this?
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

You have to use actual Outlook automation code to do that by sending out
meeting requests. Look at www.outlookcode.com to see examples of Outlook
automation code.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Currently I use Microsoft MAPI Session and Messages
> Controls to programatically send mail.  I don't see how to
> use these controls to send an appointment.  Does anyone
> know what ActiveX controls are available to send
> appointments to Outlook clients or how to use the MAPI
> controls to do this?
> Thanks

0
kenslovak (742)

Big Problem Sending #2
Out of the blue on Thursday, Outlook stopped sending my email. It's just racking up in my outbox. I checked all the regular stuff several times (tools-accounts-servers- smtp) and that all seems correct. I even spent over an hour on the phone with SBC today, and they say the server is fine and tried some troubleshooting activities to try to help, to no avail. I'm losing my mind and I NEED HELP! I'm going to start losing clients if I can't get my email sent out. Please Help! (if no one can halp, can someone tell me who to ask or where to go to ask in Microsoft) I'm ...

Can receive e-mails but cannot send any....
I have everything set up for my e-mails to get sent in from my AIM account but when i go to send an e-mail this is what i get Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.aim.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Please, Please, Please help me. I'm trying to respond to an ad on craiglist. That's not a send error, it is a receive error. 'Invalid command' in this case probably means you tried to use an option that the server does not support. ...

SQL statement in form text control
Hello! In a social services DB, one of the reports is all incidents involving a particular client. There are a few thousand records. I am using an SQL statement which filters records by the client's full name and Birthdate. The SQL is sent to the rowsource property of a combo box. The combination of name and DOB provides 1 unique client. (or none if the DOB is mis-entered or is wrong) The report (controlled by a query with parameters provided by the DOB text control and the combo box.) The combo box seems to be just one more thing to click through, so I thought of changi...

Send a report from Access97
I have n Access97 database which produces a report. When I try to e-mail it I get an error message stating that the e-mail could not be sent due to the previous error. Problem is, there is not a previous error. At least none that I can find. nothing in the evet log either E-mail is through Outlook 2003, installed as a part of Office 2003. This same PC also has Access 2000 installed onit as we have several different Access databases written in each version of Access. Is there something I need to set up in either Access or Outlook?? Thanks in advance for any suggestinos provided. ...

Can you automatically date stamp emails that you send out? #2
My emails need a date stamp on them as I send them. It does not appear that you can do this..does someone have an idea to do this? Thanks ...

How to Add OnClick Message for a dynamic control
Hi Group If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that control the OnClick function would be called. But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i add such message handler. Regards >If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the >OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that >control the OnClick function would be called. > >But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i a...

Serialisation with ActiveX
Hi, I'm no MFC expert so I might not use the correct terms. I'm working on an application that consists of a .exe with a DLL extension DLL and an ActiveX ocx. The ActiveX attempts to serialise some objects declared in the extension DLL but it can't find them. I read something about this after a google search but I didn't really get much help. I think I've fixed it but it's a bit of a hack. I get the Afx module state in the extension DLL and store that value away. Before I call any code in the ActiveX DLL that might use serialisation, I use AFX_MANAGE_STATE to set...

SendMessage() to NotePad (Trying to Send CTRL+F to notepad)
I'm trying to send a CONTROL-F command to notepad. However, the code below just types in an 'f' in the edit box. Here it is: (editbox_hwnd refers to the HWND of the editbox of notepad) PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYDOWN, VK_CONTROL, 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYDOWN, 'F', 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYUP, 'F', 0); PostMessage(editbox_hwnd, WM_SYSKEYUP, VK_CONTROL, 0); Any ideas why this isn't working? Thanks ...

How do I find the location of the font control in Win XP
Hi All, I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them? Thanks, Don Don, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows Fonts. Try... microsoft.public.word.printingfonts -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work...

Sorting List Control
Hello everyone, I am having a difficult time sorting a report type list control. It has 3 columns. What I would like to do is that each time a user clicks on a column, I would like to sort it on that column. I hope that makes sense. Its much like the way the Windows Explorer works in which when you click on the filename, it sorts it by filename, and when you click it on type, it sorts it by type etc. I was looking into the CHeaderCtrl gives me control over the header, but I wasn't sure what to do after that.. :( Thanks Take a look here for an example http://www.codeproject.com/lis...

Deleting a large email that will not send
Hi, I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it, only to bounce up against the limitation, and then kicks back an error. Then, a few minutes later, it tries again -- and the same thing happens. I want to find this unsent email to delete it and stop the madness, but am having no luck. Any ideas? thanks jeff On 3/25/10 2:04 PM, jeffo wrote: > I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac > 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it...

Hide "Grouped" Controls
Hi Folks - I have 15 controls (labels, text boxes and lines) that I would like to hide for a certain set of criteria. I know I can set each control's visible property to false, but I'm wondering if there is a way to 'group' the controls together, then just hide the group. Any ideas? Thanks. Michael You can use the TAG property and give each of the controls you want to show/hide the same tag. Then you can loop through the controls, check the tag value and show or hide that way. 'UNTESTED AIRCODE (with no error handling) Private Sub sShowStuff(Optional tfShow as ...

Please help! MS Exchange Server is sending personal info!
I have all my personal banking, credit card numbers, passwords, drivers license #, ect, on in my contacts. And some sensitive info in notes. My company just changed to an inhouse server and is using ms exchange and it copied my contacts folder to the server, which can certainly be viewed by anybody in the office. And I run the risk of all this going everywhere. I went on the internet site and deleted everything I could, but now I can never go into outlook while being connected to the internet. Please help! What is the best solution? Thanks, Wendy Mark your contact properties in the permissi...

Verzonden berichten namens wil ik niet in mijn eigen 'Send Items'
Ik heb een persoonlijke en een groepsmailbox in mijn outlook(2000). Als ik nu een bericht verzend namens de groepsmailbox komt dit bericht in mijn persoonlijke "Send Items' terecht. Je raad het al, ik wil graag dat dit in de "Send Items" van de groepsmailbox komt. Heeft iemand enig idee hoe??? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Bedankt, Peter Hoi Peter, Er wordt hier voornamelijk Engels gesproken om een zo breed mogelijk publiek aan te spreken. Voor jou probleem is niet direct een oplossing. Je kan wel een Wizard Regel zetten die een kopie in een andere map plaatst bij...

i want to send a picture to hotmail.com
i have perfected a photo in microsoft and want to send it to my email...hotmail? also would like to send it to my facebook page You've posted in a newsgroup dedicated to the product Microsoft Project. Project cannot send photos via email nor does it interact with Facebook. That being said, to learn how to use Hotmail, read Hotmail's Help files. It will explain how to upload the photo. Likewise, read how to use Facebook by reading their Help files. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 23/04/10 03:30, molars wrote: > i have perfected a photo in microsoft ...

Order of Events when using the Control Box Close Button
I would like to intercept the built in messages that are generated by Access about required data when a user clicks on the Close Button. The Close Button is enabled by setting the Control Box and Close Button form properties to "Yes". Does anyone know what the order of events is when using the Close Button? Thanks much! Answered in later post. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "accesswanabe" <accesswanabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E44530CC-48AE-4134-A896-BFC71F032F68@microsoft.com... >I...

unable to send email 06-24-10
I am getting this message when I attempt to send an email from a secondary email address, (not the one set as default) The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: test3 2', Account: 'Events Manager', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks, Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced, then change port 25 to port 80. Click OK Try sending. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Greg" wrote in message news:59256AD8-35...

error opening address book when adding an appointment
I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter that runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the calendar. I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the Windows Adress Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." Excel and Word are working fine. I don't use Outlook for e-mail. And am not trying to link the apointment with anyone else. You are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only Mode. It is not compatible with Vista. You'll need to run one of the functional versions of Outlook. -- Russ Valentine ...

keeps trying to send
Sometimes Outlook gets "stuck" trying to perform a task. The send/receive status starts with something like "performing task 1 of 3." Then, a little while later (just a few minutes), another line of "performing task x of y" will appear. Then another and another, each line appearing at regular intervals (never timed it but I'd guess it was about 4 min intervals, see below). This goes on until they shut down outlook and/or reboot the computer. Mostly this happens when there is an outgoing message that for some reason doesn't seem to want to go. They fr...

Outlook 2000 fails to send HTML formatted messages
Gentlemen: When I try to send an HTML or RFT formmatted message I get the following response: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you are working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about the problem. We have created an error report ............... The error report states: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: user32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1255 Offset: 00006d79 I am using Windows XP professional, Word 2000, Outlook 2000. I am able to send plain t...

Setting up signatures that I have control over
Hi. I have Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 for Students and Teachers and I have been trying to set up Signatures for Outlook ever since I got it. In the past when I had Outlook I could make several signatures and click on a readily accessable button to have it automatically inserted. It was fast and easy. Now it seems that setting up signatures is a complex project. The only time I get a signature is when I reply to a message and then the same signature is inserted in the reply. I would like to CHOOSE the signature like I was able to in the past. In my menu bar I have ALL E...

Send/Receive doesn't work until changing folders.
An Outlook 2000 client on WinXP w/ an Exchange 5.5 email server, new mail does not arrive in the inbox until the folder is changed, like from inbox to deleted items. Then all the new Email messages come into the inbox. Clicking on Send/Receive also retreives them. I though new messages automaticall go to the inbox on Exchange. ...

Outlook quits sending and receiving
We are on a peer to peer network and one of the computers on the network seems to have a problem with Outlook 2000 where he'll be able to send and receive mail and then all of a sudden 3 or 4 times a day you get the message that it can't send the mail and the only way to resolve it is to log off the computer and then log back on or to reboot the computer. We have reinstalled outlook a few times and have done all the updates that are out there as of today. Any idea what causes this problem. We are all using Windows 2000 professional as our operating system. ...

Can't Delete Corrupted Appointment
Using Outlook 2007. I have a recurring appointment that I can't delete. It shows a Start date of "None" and an End date of "Mon 1/1/1601 12:00 AM". The Recurrence Pattern is "every Wednesday from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM. When I try to open the appointment I get the error box: Cannot open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date. When I try to delete it I get the error box: The move, copy, or deletion cannot be completed. The items might have been moved or deleted, or you may not have suffieient permission. If the item was sent as a task ...

Control Toolbox
Dear All, I would like to know how i learn to use control toolbox buttons, my aim is to create a excel sheet which is similiar to invoice template found in File -> new -> spreadsheet solution tab -> invoice.template. Could any one of u explain in simple steps. Thank you in advance, Ashu. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I think the best way to learn from existing sheet is to open the sheet and (save as) the sheet with different name and the...