ActiveSync #4

Greetings,

Quite frequently Outlook (2002 SP3) displays a connect request from an
outside program (ActiveSync 3.8) and provides connect time options of
between one and ten minutes.  As I regularly sync up to four devices (PDAs
and Smartphones), this becomes a frequent and unnecessary distraction.  Is
there any way to have Outlook accept a permanent link with ActiveSync?

Thank you
Larry S

0
raglan (15)

microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync would be a better place to ask your
question.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, LarryS asked:

| Greetings,
|
| Quite frequently Outlook (2002 SP3) displays a connect request from an
| outside program (ActiveSync 3.8) and provides connect time options of
| between one and ten minutes.  As I regularly sync up to four devices
| (PDAs and Smartphones), this becomes a frequent and unnecessary
| distraction.  Is there any way to have Outlook accept a permanent
| link with ActiveSync?
|
| Thank you
| Larry S

0
MillyS (3228)
6/26/2005 7:51:12 PM
I did - no response, and as it is Outlook presenting the request I thought
this was an appropriate group.
Larry S

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync would be a better place to ask your
> question.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, LarryS asked:
>
> | Greetings,
> |
> | Quite frequently Outlook (2002 SP3) displays a connect request from an
> | outside program (ActiveSync 3.8) and provides connect time options of
> | between one and ten minutes.  As I regularly sync up to four devices
> | (PDAs and Smartphones), this becomes a frequent and unnecessary
> | distraction.  Is there any way to have Outlook accept a permanent
> | link with ActiveSync?
> |
> | Thank you
> | Larry S

0
raglan (15)
6/27/2005 4:59:41 AM
LarryS <raglan@orange.net> wrote:

> I did - no response, and as it is Outlook presenting the request I
> thought this was an appropriate group.

ActiveSync 3.8, as far as I can tell, is fully compliant with Outlook's
object model guard, as was ActiveSync V3.7.  It shouldn't be causing that
pop-up.  Perhaps there's something else going on.  How do you know it's
ActiveSync?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/27/2005 2:06:48 PM
Bryan,

I conclude it is caused by ActiveSync as the message only appears when
connecting a PDA or SmartPhone.  And I know of no other application that
would connect to Outlook.  It is only recently that this message is becoming
more frequent.  I seldom got the access message more than twice in a month,
but now it is almost every day.  Could it be a problem with a security
update?  Both Office and WinXP are up to date.

Larry S

> LarryS <raglan@orange.net> wrote:
>
>> I did - no response, and as it is Outlook presenting the request I
>> thought this was an appropriate group.
>
> ActiveSync 3.8, as far as I can tell, is fully compliant with Outlook's
> object model guard, as was ActiveSync V3.7.  It shouldn't be causing that
> pop-up.  Perhaps there's something else going on.  How do you know it's
> ActiveSync?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
raglan (15)
6/28/2005 5:28:59 AM
LarryS <raglan@orange.net> wrote:

> I conclude it is caused by ActiveSync as the message only appears when
> connecting a PDA or SmartPhone.

All I can say is that neither V3.7 nor V3.8 of ActiveSync has ever produced
that error for me on any combination of Windows XP, Windows 2000, Outlook
2002 SP3, and Outlook 2003 SP1.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/28/2005 1:48:42 PM
Must be I got me a gremlin ;-)

I will look elsewhere, but it is just an annoyance, so it will be a while.
Thanks for your responses.

Larry S

> LarryS <raglan@orange.net> wrote:
>
>> I conclude it is caused by ActiveSync as the message only appears when
>> connecting a PDA or SmartPhone.
>
> All I can say is that neither V3.7 nor V3.8 of ActiveSync has ever
> produced that error for me on any combination of Windows XP, Windows 2000,
> Outlook 2002 SP3, and Outlook 2003 SP1.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0