Active X Control in Outlook

I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he
gets the following error.  Your current security settings prohibit running
Active X Control on this page.  As a result, the page may not display
correctly.  The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer.  I
tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but no
go.  Where is the setting to disable this restriction.  The user has some
images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error.

Thanks.
0
Anthony2219 (255)

Sounds like a default signature to me. Tried recreating the (HTML) signature
already?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he
> gets the following error.  Your current security settings prohibit running
> Active X Control on this page.  As a result, the page may not display
> correctly.  The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer.
> tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but
> no
> go.  Where is the setting to disable this restriction.  The user has some
> images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error.
>
> Thanks.

0
Roady

Outlook 2002 problem with Eudora
We have a computer that is running Office XP and using Outlook 2002 for their email. Another computer in our office is a MAC that is using Eudora 6.0.1. If the MAC user sends any attachment in their email to the computer running Outlook 2002, the attachments do not come through. If the MAC user sends the same email to a computer in the same office running Outlook 2000, the attachments come through and they are able to open it. The file type is not one that is blocked by XP, we have sent PDF, EXCEL and Word files and none are received. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks...

Outlook 2003 features
1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Project-like use of Tasks (e.g., does it permit sub tasks) like Microsoft Schedule Plus? 2. Does Outlook 2003 have a Gantt chart feature? No on both counts...but you might want to poke around www.slipstick.com and see if there are any 3rd party addins that would add this functionality. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:296a301c4652b$32cdbe40$a401280a@phx.gbl, Sherry wrote: > 1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Pr...

Outlook 2000 change in behavior
I don't know if anyone else has experience this but since installing critical updates I have noticed that when I double click to open email messages in my inbox the messages do not immediately open. The hour glass appears and it takes longer than before installing the critical updates for the email messages to open. I have run the detect/repair tool, and disk defrag. My operating system is windows 2000. Any advice is appreciated. Jackie Darden ...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Number of active sheets
I have Office 2003 installed to Windows 2003 terminal servers but I have a problem with on of our users and excel. The issue is that when the user is trying to have multiple spreadsheets opened he keeps getting the message "This operations has been cancelled due to system restrictions- Contact your system Administrator" I can find no setting in excel to enforce a limit on the number of speadsheets a user can have open. Thanks in advance fo any advise Michael Not an expert in these matters, but; Is it possible that the user is trying to initiate another session of Excel vs....

Outlook newsgroup message not visable to OE clients
Suddenly last week, without any changes on my part (really), our Exchange 2003 SP1 server is handling newsgroup messages strangely. If an Outlook client in Exchange mode posts a message, the message is visable by the other Outlook corporate clients, but NOT by NNTP clients like Outlook Express and Thunderbird. Posts by NNTP clients are visable by both types of clients. It would seem to be a NNTP connector issue, but I'm finding no information or error messages. Any ideas? Dave ...

Outlook Contacts Displaying Incorrectly
Hi, I synchronise contacts with Outlook and my mobile phone (Nokia 6230). When a contact comes from the phone it displays as Smith, John in the Outlook list, however when I open the contact and try to edit it says display as John Smith. There must be another setting that is overriding this somewhere! Any ideas? Hi Shaun, By default, Outlook 2003 displays contact names that are in your Contacts list in the FirstName, LastName format, as opposed to the LastName, FirstName format. In this situation, the first name of a contact is used to sort your Contact lists because the Contacts lis...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Outlook Reminders #10
Hi Everyone, Hope this question has not been answered before. I have transfered all my business data from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003. I created all the user accounts from scratch on the new server using the same usernames as the old server. I then restored all their email to Exchange 2003 using Veritas Backup Exec 10.1 Ever since then no reminders have came up in Outlook on any PC when the user logs in and runs Outlook. We run various version of Outlook (2000 / 2002 / 2003) all with the same problem. When I log in via Outlook web access the reminders appear so I suspect it is a Outlook t...

select X
If I select columns A, C, and E to chart, how can I select column C to be the X axis? -- Bryan Kelly Time is the medium we use to express out priorities. In Step 2 of the chart wizard; open the Series tab. Edit the data so that the X-vales are your required vales in C -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Bryan Kelly" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%CUbc.383722$B81.5855961@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > If I select columns A, C, and E to chart, how can I select column C to be > the X axis? > > -- > Bryan Ke...

Registry hack for keeping Outlook 2003 in same state as it was when last closed?
Is there a registry hack that will allow me to keep Outlook, and any opened email windows, in the same position and state that they were when I last closed Outlook 2003? For instance, there are a number of calendars and messages that I prefer to have open each time I restart Outlook 2003. Is there a registry setting that will allow Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to remember the state of all the opened windows? What do you mean exactly? Do you want them opened each time you open Outlook, or do you mean when you have Outlook open, you want them to open in the same position as the last t...

Trouble using resolution for Outlook error
I am recieving the error in Outlook mentioned on the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822503 The instructions say to resolve the issue for an existing installation, specify the *.pst file by using the Mail icon in Control Panel. First of all, I do not know what *.pst file they are referring to. The following directory on my machine: C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Sokalski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Contains the following *.pst files: archive.pst njsokalski@hotmail.comHotmail-00000002.pst Outlook1.pst Outlook.pst I am ver...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

OutLook Express #236
When a message comes in it automatically opens up without any user intervention. I checked all over to see where I can prevent this from happening in the Outlook settings but I cannot seem to find it. Thanks, RR ...

setting up outlook 2000 with hotmail
I can't get my outlook to accept hotmail--the help section says "Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP." there is no E-mail Accounts tab, no Add a new E-mail account option , and no HTTP option. Can anyone tell me what to type in to the lines requesting incoming mail (pop3) and outgoing mail (smtp)? 1) Look on Help, About. It sounds like you have corp mode. You need IMO mode to have accounts. 2) Does ...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

Outlook Express Error message #8
The following message comes up each time I try to send email thru Outlook Express": Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible cause for this indles server problem, network problems. or a long period of inactivity. Acct. 'IMAP.aol.com', Server:SMTP.aol.com Protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Secure(SSL) No. Socket Error 10061, Error #OX800CCOE. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. Y...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

unable to set a record as private (activities)
Microsoft CRM v3 Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other internal party users on the record are able to open it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

reminders without outlook being open
How can I get reminders and 'new email' indications without Outlook being open? Ideally, when my computer starts up, I'd like whatever service is necessary to accomplish this to start automatically. Thanks! Jesse Aufiero wrote: > How can I get reminders and 'new email' indications without Outlook being > open? Ideally, when my computer starts up, I'd like whatever service is > necessary to accomplish this to start automatically. > > Thanks! > > You can't. The only way (and this only works for email) is to use a third-party email check...

Outlook CRM Client!
Hi, I tried installing Oulook CRM Desk Client on one of my laptop which is not an member of domain. It fails to connect to CRM website[i tried using ip as well as computername but in both way it fails to connect to CRM Server] and errors out whenever i start outlook. I am using Windows XP [SP2] + Outlook 2003 Professional [SP2], any suggestions? Regards, Sunil Installing CRM Outlook Client on a machine which is not a member of domain is not supported. ..........But someone has posted a workaround. I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be supported by MS. Search for "Outl...

outlook cant find file MSOE.DLL
when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot locate file MSOE.DLL. when i went to start, find, folder/files and searched for it i found it. how can i fix the problem please help. If you're using XP, it should be in the Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Outlook Express. This implies that it associates with the user who's logged into the system. Are you logging in as User Name in the above example? If not, that's why it can't find it. Further help is available in MSOE.TXT in the same sub-directory. Good Luck! <dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote...

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...