Accounts option does not work in 2000 anymore

Hi, bit of a toughie this one.

My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option.
This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried
in Options.

I've tried a repair and also reconfigured mail support back and forth
to see if that helps.

I cannot find any solution for it on the MS support site.

I'd really like to keep all my multiple accounts unless there is no
option but to remove and reinstall which is why I am asking here if
anyone has any other ideas please.?

TIA
Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

"Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message

> My Outlook 2000 installation no longer works for the Accounts option.
> This is via Tools/Accounts from the menu or the Accounts button buried
> in Options.

Please be more precise in describing what you mean by :"does not work".
What doesn't work?  What are you trying and what happens when you try it?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/21/2008 7:11:09 PM
I am trying to bring up the Accounst window to change some settings in
my email accounts.

The menu option Accounts on the Tools menu does not bring up the
Accounts window when selected.

The Accounts button in Options/Mail Delivery does not bring up the
Accounts window when selected.

The Mail icon in the Control Panel does not bring up the Accounts
window when selected. (Only just used that, but thought maybe I could
get in that way).

I cannot say as to when this occurred, just that the other week I
needed to go into the Accounts window, and now I cannot.

>I am trying to bring up the Accounst window to change some settings in
> my email accounts.
>
> The menu option Accounts on the Tools menu does not bring up the
> Accounts window when selected.
>
> The Accounts button in Options/Mail Delivery does not bring up the
> Accounts window when selected.
>
> The Mail icon in the Control Panel does not bring up the Accounts
> window when selected. (Only just used that, but thought maybe I could
> get in that way).
>
> I cannot say as to when this occurred, just that the other week I
> needed to go into the Accounts window, and now I cannot.

I take it with the Accounts item on the Tools menu that you're using
Internet Mail Only mode.  If you don't mind having to set up your mail
profile again, use regedit to remove the profile from the registry and use
the Mail applet to create a new one.  The mail profile is in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles .  There'll be an entry mentioning "Internet Mail" (I
don't recall the exact key name).  Export that key for recovery purposes.
Delete that entry and the start the Mail applet in Control Panel to see if
you can add your mail account and Personal Folders service pointing to your
existing PST back in.  Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
as well.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
--

0
tillman1952 (16052)
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message

 Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
> as well.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
russval1 (2100)
10/21/2008 8:48:25 PM
Yes I'm on IMO as it is my home laptop.

I exported and deleted everything under profiles, logged off and on,
and still none of the paths to Accounts work.

I've exported my accounts as so I'll bite the bullet and uninstall and
reinstall and hope that corrects it.

Thank you for your assistance.

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:30:53 -0400, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message
>
>>I am trying to bring up the Accounst window to change some settings in
>> my email accounts.
>>
>> The menu option Accounts on the Tools menu does not bring up the
>> Accounts window when selected.
>>
>> The Accounts button in Options/Mail Delivery does not bring up the
>> Accounts window when selected.
>>
>> The Mail icon in the Control Panel does not bring up the Accounts
>> window when selected. (Only just used that, but thought maybe I could
>> get in that way).
>>
>> I cannot say as to when this occurred, just that the other week I
>> needed to go into the Accounts window, and now I cannot.
>
>I take it with the Accounts item on the Tools menu that you're using
>Internet Mail Only mode.  If you don't mind having to set up your mail
>profile again, use regedit to remove the profile from the registry and use
>the Mail applet to create a new one.  The mail profile is in
>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
>Subsystem\Profiles .  There'll be an entry mentioning "Internet Mail" (I
>don't recall the exact key name).  Export that key for recovery purposes.
>Delete that entry and the start the Mail applet in Control Panel to see if
>you can add your mail account and Personal Folders service pointing to your
>existing PST back in.  Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
>as well.
>--
>Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
Update.

Tried Add Remove Programs to remove Outlook which appeared to take it
out, but did not. My tray icon still worked. What it did do when I
tried installing again was ask for the key to install. Tried
installing, still the same. Tried uninstalling from the CD, it is
still there and running.

So how do I get it correctly uninstalled to try reinstalling again.?

TIA

> (IMO does not use the Outlook Address Book Service, nor is it available to
> add).

Right.  I had forgotten.  You need to be using CW mode for that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/22/2008 11:47:44 AM
Googled for how to remove. Seems it can be done via Office 2000 as
well. Tried uninstalling Ofice 2000 via Add/Remove programs hoping it
would give me the option of selecting Outlook, but it uninstalled the
lot.

Installed it again, but still have the problem. Urgghhh!!!

I'm open to all ideas as how to resolve this.????

TIA

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:15:10 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
wrote:

>Update.
>
>Tried Add Remove Programs to remove Outlook which appeared to take it
>out, but did not. My tray icon still worked. What it did do when I
>tried installing again was ask for the key to install. Tried
>installing, still the same. Tried uninstalling from the CD, it is
>still there and running.
>
>So how do I get it correctly uninstalled to try reinstalling again.?
>
>TIA
>

>On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:59:39 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Yes I'm on IMO as it is my home laptop.
>>
>>I exported and deleted everything under profiles, logged off and on,
>>and still none of the paths to Accounts work.
>>
>>I've exported my accounts as so I'll bite the bullet and uninstall and
>>reinstall and hope that corrects it.
>>
>>Thank you for your assistance.
>>

>>On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:30:53 -0400, "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]"
>><tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Gasman" <nospampsteel@tesco.net> wrote in message

>>>I take it with the Accounts item on the Tools menu that you're using
>>>Internet Mail Only mode.  If you don't mind having to set up your mail
>>>profile again, use regedit to remove the profile from the registry and use
>>>the Mail applet to create a new one.  The mail profile is in
>>>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging
>>>Subsystem\Profiles .  There'll be an entry mentioning "Internet Mail" (I
>>>don't recall the exact key name).  Export that key for recovery purposes.
>>>Delete that entry and the start the Mail applet in Control Panel to see if
>>>you can add your mail account and Personal Folders service pointing to your
>>>existing PST back in.  Don't forget to add the Outlook Address Book service
>>>as well.
>>>--
>>>Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
>
>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
Add and Remove rarely fix anything that a repair or reinstall won't. I'd
delete all except the pst files in the two Outlook folders and try again.

File paths are listed at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

> Googled for how to remove. Seems it can be done via Office 2000 as
> well. Tried uninstalling Ofice 2000 via Add/Remove programs hoping it
> would give me the option of selecting Outlook, but it uninstalled the
> lot.
>
> Installed it again, but still have the problem. Urgghhh!!!
>
> I'm open to all ideas as how to resolve this.????
>
> TIA
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:15:10 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Update.
>>
>>Tried Add Remove Programs to remove Outlook which appeared to take it
>>out, but did not. My tray icon still worked. What it did do when I
>>tried installing again was ask for the key to install. Tried
>>installing, still the same. Tried uninstalling from the CD, it is
>>still there and running.
>>
>>So how do I get it correctly uninstalled to try reinstalling again.?
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:59:39 +0100, Gasman <nospampsteel@tesco.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Yes I'm on IMO as it is my home laptop.
>>>
>>>I exported and deleted everything under profiles, logged off and on,
>>>and still none of the paths to Accounts work.
>>>
>>>I've exported my accounts as so I'll bite the bullet and uninstall and
>>>reinstall and hope that corrects it.
>>>
>>>Thank you for your assistance.

>>>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
>>
>>Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
>
> Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/22/2008 2:32:51 PM
Thank you Diane.

I tried that, carried out an uninstall and even reinstalled to a new
location. Still no luck. Is there a DLL file associated with the
Accounts option? as it is no longer in OE6 as well.?

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:32:51 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>Add and Remove rarely fix anything that a repair or reinstall won't. I'd
>delete all except the pst files in the two Outlook folders and try again.
>
>File paths are listed at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
Outlook 2000 in Internet mode uses some OE files/dlls.  I'm not sure if the
ability to configure accts has any connection to OE but it may.  Did you do
anything to OE recently - upgrade, try to uninstall etc?

Do you know the date the problem started and do you have restore points
going back before that date? if so, restore to an older date.

--

> Thank you Diane.
>
> I tried that, carried out an uninstall and even reinstalled to a new
> location. Still no luck. Is there a DLL file associated with the
> Accounts option? as it is no longer in OE6 as well.?
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:32:51 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
> <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Add and Remove rarely fix anything that a repair or reinstall won't. I'd
>>delete all except the pst files in the two Outlook folders and try again.
>>
>>File paths are listed at http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/filepath.htm
>
> Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/22/2008 4:26:12 PM
Thank you again Diane,

Several uninstalls and installs did not work. I even tried a trial on
Office 2007, which complained about a previous version of Outlook, yet
after inspection does not include Outlook. Who programs these things?,
as a programmer myself I find that so lazy.!!

Anyway I tried restoring to 01/10/2008 with no success and then
01/09/2008 which now works.

I do not change my accounts very often. so it is hard to say when it
last worked or would have worked.

Anyway it is working again, so thank you both Diane and Brian for your
assistance.

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:26:12 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:

>Outlook 2000 in Internet mode uses some OE files/dlls.  I'm not sure if the
>ability to configure accts has any connection to OE but it may.  Did you do
>anything to OE recently - upgrade, try to uninstall etc?
>
>Do you know the date the problem started and do you have restore points
>going back before that date? if so, restore to an older date.

Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing
As an FYI -  before installing the trial for 2007 you need to uninstall any
older version of outlook as only 1 version can be installed at a time. The
installation is configured to assume that since you are only trialing the
software, you might not keep it, so it leaves you old outlook alone, if
installed, and doesn't install outlook 2007. This is to prevent problems
with outlook should you decide not to upgrade to office 2007 after the
trial.

--

> Thank you again Diane,
>
> Several uninstalls and installs did not work. I even tried a trial on
> Office 2007, which complained about a previous version of Outlook, yet
> after inspection does not include Outlook. Who programs these things?,
> as a programmer myself I find that so lazy.!!
>
> Anyway I tried restoring to 01/10/2008 with no success and then
> 01/09/2008 which now works.
>
> I do not change my accounts very often. so it is hard to say when it
> last worked or would have worked.
>
> Anyway it is working again, so thank you both Diane and Brian for your
> assistance.
>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:26:12 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
> <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Outlook 2000 in Internet mode uses some OE files/dlls.  I'm not sure if
>>the
>>ability to configure accts has any connection to OE but it may.  Did you
>>do
>>anything to OE recently - upgrade, try to uninstall etc?
>>
>>Do you know the date the problem started and do you have restore points
>>going back before that date? if so, restore to an older date.
>
> Please remove the obvious from email address if emailing

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Publisher 2000 file keeps closing when I try to work in upper lef.
Every time I try to open a text box, insert a picture or resize anything in the upper left hand portion of page 1 on my 4-page publication, the program closes and Microsoft Error Reporting comes up. This happened to me in another document, so i started all over again in this new one. Any ideas? I have installed all my applicable updates... Any chance you'd send it to me to take a look at it? If so, send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy~Lynne" <Amy~Lynne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89E12002-...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

Outlook 2000 not fully closing
Windows XP Home Edition Outlook 2000 Everytime I open and close Outlook, another instance of the program will show up in Windows Task Manager. If I open and close Outlook three times, there will be three instances of Outlook in Windows Task Manager. I also get an email notification in the system tray, with the program closed, even though I've unchecked the notification box. Know what's going on? Thanks. Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (e...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

IMAP Account
My IT department has been trying to help me set up an IMAP account so I can access my mail from home. So far, nothing has worked. We run a LINUX server and the administrator claims that IMAP works fine when using Nestscape products but not Microsoft. He claims that Outlook does not implement SSL correctly. Does anyone know of any issues setting up an IMAP account to access mail from a LINUX server? ...

Some Accounts Hanging When Checking
Microsoft XP SP 2.0 Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360) Before I had 6 email accounts I checked with Outlook 2003. I recently "imported 5 other ones from OLE 6.0 into Outlook 2003. I currently have 11 email accounts that I check with Outlook 2003. Since the import, Outlook checks my email for awhile perfectly and all accounts receive just fine, but then after a few hours...2-3 random ones "freeze" or time-out from receiving. I have even removed the troubled accounts and re-created them, but the problem still exists through random accounts. Any ideas? -Dennis > Are you ru...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

Out of office assistant not working for external senders...
Hi there, ive seen some one else with this problem on here, but with no responce, so i thoiught id psot again. Basically were using outlook 200o with #exchange 5.5 on NT 4. We've set up an out of office assistant for a few accounts however it only wants to reply to people inside the network, anyone that sends an email from an external email address, it wont reply to. How do i change this?? Im guessing it maybe on exchange problem? Again any help, greatly appreciated! Cheers, tim (Cheeko) OK, ive worked it out myself, heres the answer for everyone else! In order to get Out ...

Compress pictures in word 2000
Hi How can i compress the pictures in my document using word 2000. I can not find it in format picture and am now at a loss -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie ...

How do I make Tags appear in a Process flowsheet in VISIO 2000 ?
Hi I am using Visio 2000 to create a process flowsheet. I am unable to see any Tags for the process equipments drawn on the sheet. Even the Hide Tag doesnt seem to be working. How do i make the Tags show up ? Thanks, Rahul Can you right click on the page to turn them on? Do you see the Process Engineering menu appear in the menu bar? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rahul" <Rahul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6789D41-D698-4F16-A4A9-231FD124A24D@microsoft.co...

send/receive not working properly
Whenever I click the send/receive all button in Outlook XP (2002). I get an error saying "The Operation Failed". This also happens when I try to access the Send/Receive section of the Mail Options under tools. I have tried everything a google search has offered as a solution (Office SP3, unistall/reinstall, deleting the outcmd.dat file, etc, etc. Is there anyone out there that knows what could be causing this. It did not happen until I installed a trial version of Office 2003 and decided that I could just stick with Office XP (2002) for the time being and reverted back to it. ...

Outlook 2000 & Vista #2
Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible with Vista? If so, where might I find support to complete the installation? I keep getting an "Operation Cancelled" message anytime I try to sign in or set Outlook 2000 as my default. Thanks -- Steve Only 2003 and above is fully compatible OL2k is out of support as is OLxp "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAE99AB-0EAB-4523-9304-AFAB18AB724C@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me whether Outlook 2000 (from Ofice 2000) is compatible > with > Vista? I...

How to enumerate all email accounts?
Hi, How can i enumerate all email accounts in the current profile? Should work with IMO to. thanks in advance. ...

no option to add display name
I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines. In neither case can I find or set a display name for my email account (ie so others will see my display name). I have seen various suggestions about going to email accounts/change but there is just no option there for 'display name'. Is it something to do with the 'mode' of install? any advice appreciated david marcus David Marcus <dmarcus@netspeed.NO-SPAM.com.au> wrote: > I am running outlook xp on a both win98 and xp machines. In neither > case can I find or set a display name for my email account ...

My synchronized emails disappeared after adding a new account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local = machine, meaning all messages not only the headers. After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer = and they were all there. I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just = logged in it. To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail = one, I...

Permission for account change
Dear Friends I have my domain as abc.com I have another domain xyz.com for which i have created a separate account for the users so that they can send the email with both the domain by using from filed. i have one user user1 who is facing problem i have created userxyz for with the default email address of xyz.com domain but i am facing strange problem as the permission of sending email is reseting. Kindly suggest what can be the problem. best regards Niitmalad What version of Exchange and how/where exactly it is resetting? Niitmalad wrote: > Dear Friends > > I have...

Find Future Value of a Savings Account
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that determines the future value of a savings account. Take a look at the FV function in XL Help. In article <EC8EEB72-AF22-47D8-A266-839CA9356725@microsoft.com>, "gingerjane" <gingerjane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that determines the future value of a > savings account. ...

Stock Option Reporting
I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock Options? SMc In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote: >I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not >showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock >Options? If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006 Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up on that report? Maybe I should have clarrified. I am trying to view stock options th...

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

WordArt from Publisher 2000 file ti Publisher 2003
I have two files created in Publisher 2000 - when opened in Publisher 2003 the size of the WordArt is totall skewed - most much larger than in the original document. This is the second document this has happened on - is there something I'm missing? I thought I could go from 2000 to 2003, just not the other way around? The WordArt in 2003 and 2000 are very different. You can download the old WordArt utility and use it with 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=&freetext=wordart&DisplayLang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

power options issue 06-15-10
After I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set my monitor and hard drive to turn off in 15 minutes of inactivity nothing turns off. The only setting that works is turning off the monitor in 1 minute and the hard drive in three minutes. I am not sure what is causing this issue or how to rix it. Task Manager | Processes tab: What's still running in the background? Any Scheduled Tasks which might be interfering? What's your Automatic Updates setting? David Black wrote: > After I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set my monitor &g...

Help, my views got messed up and "folder options" is now restricted
I have no idea what has happened here, I think vista somehow messed something up when I connected to a file share, but even that seems odd since I've been doing this for 6 months. I'm using Windows 98SE and have files shares on a LAN to a Vista 64 Home Premium machine. I can't choose "folder options" in the My Documents folder or any random subfolder. When I try to do so, I get a message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". I _AM_ the administrator, and there i...

Service Call Escalations
Hi, I am trying to get service call escalations to work so that an email is sent when an escalation is done. Please help with the steps required. I am using the vs10 fabrikam database. To date I have: 1. Setup a service call escalation - from status Entered to Dispatched assigned to technician NEIL. This technician has been setup to use service the items found under the equipment configuration for the equiment piece on the service call. The technician also has a schedule of 8am-5pm each day. An email address has been setup for this technician. 2. Created a service call and assigned it to...

Outlook 2000 #54
send receive button is not located on menue bar, how do I relocate it ...

Rejecting messages that fail RDNS lookup in Exchange 2000
Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS lookup for Exchange 2000. I read in a couple of KB articles that this feature is not included within Exchange. Is there a way, maybe with a utility that someone knows of that would do this? TIA for any suggestions. sjordanmom@yahoo.com (K. Warner) wrote: >Hello all, new to this group. I have been looking around for >information on how to automatically reject messages that fail the RDNS >lookup for Exchange 2000. That's a bad thing to do no m...