accidentally hard deleted folder - HELP!

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2000 and stupidly hard-deleted a folder by accident.  I
did a search to find out if it is possible to recover the folder and I keep
finding things that say "select Recover Deleted Items from the Tools menu".
Well,  my tools menu doesn't have that option.  Is there any hope of
recovering my folder and the messages in it?

In despair,

Anita
sahmiam@rogers.com

---

kidstuff (2)

Try this..
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246153

Otherwise you will need to recover from backup.

"kidstuff" <kidstuff@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Outlook 2000 and stupidly hard-deleted a folder by accident.  I
> did a search to find out if it is possible to recover the folder and I
keep
> finding things that say "select Recover Deleted Items from the Tools
menu".
> Well,  my tools menu doesn't have that option.  Is there any hope of
> recovering my folder and the messages in it?
>
> In despair,
>
> Anita
> sahmiam@rogers.com
>

> ---

Megan
6/24/2004 12:46:49 AM
Thank you!!

"Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
message news:O2R4WSYWEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Try this..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246153
>
> Otherwise you will need to recover from backup.
>
> "kidstuff" <kidstuff@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Outlook 2000 and stupidly hard-deleted a folder by accident.
> > did a search to find out if it is possible to recover the folder and I
> keep
> > finding things that say "select Recover Deleted Items from the Tools
> menu".
> > Well,  my tools menu doesn't have that option.  Is there any hope of
> > recovering my folder and the messages in it?
> >
> > In despair,
> >
> > Anita
> > sahmiam@rogers.com
> >

> > ---

---

kidstuff (2)

Need help with a comparison problem
Here is the situation. In Excel (because everyone at my work knows how to use it and does NOT know Access), we keep a list of names and addresses. The list I have is in such a way that when I have an updated list, I can't simply overwrite it. Therefore, my problem is I want to be able to use a tool in excel to compare the two lists. I know I can integrate both lists in 1 worksheet and do the sorts and eyeball duplicates and new names and such. Each name has a unique ID #. I tried using a cell comparison formula IE =if(c2=c3, "Y", "N") and it worked well until it ca...

Exchange HTTP virtual server issue...pls help
Hi, I want created another HTTP Virtual Server for xyz.com recipient policy. I already have default Exchange Virtual Server (Default website) for abc.com & is also showing in IIS as well as ESM. However, the new Exchange HTTP virtual server that i created "using ESM" is not being reflected in IIS. Also, I am unable to start newly created Virtual Server using ESM because the Start/stop shorcuts are grayed out... Any clues? i am sure someone might have faced this issue.. thanks in advance You didn't say what it is you're trying to do, just what you've done. I...

Users folder not able to be viewed
I have a user on Exchange 2003 (SP2) that has his delegate access set so that other users on the domain can open his mailbox and view his Inbox, Calendar, etc; but those are the most important. I have set him up just as all the other 15+ users on the network, However ALL the other users of the domain cannot open his mailbox. Nothing at all, gets the generic 'unable to open this folder'. For testing purposes I'ved added specific users rights to his mailbox for some users to have 'full mailbox access' but still the problem persisist. He is the newest person to the co...

IMAP Deleted messages reappeared
I have been using Outlook with an IMAP email account (fastmail.fm) for many years (now on Outlook 2002). Just a few days ago, my default view, which is to hide messages marked for deletion, no longer hides the deleted messages. I have tried everything from purging the messages to removing and re-configuring the account. Nothing works. Has anyone seen this and do you know how to fix it? It's really annoying having to wade through my deleted messages all the time and/or continually purge them. Thanks. ...

locked out of "Documents and settings" folder
I have recently been locked out of certian folders, I am the only user on this computer and it has admin privliges. I do have another account set up and it works fine but it is a backup in case of a problem more major than this i can still work as it is but i would like to fix this problem. Thanks for any help. In Vista (and in Windows 7), "Documents and Settings" is not a folder. Vista/Win7 uses a different file structure than XP does/did. Those familiar folder names you may be used to, like "My Documents", "Documents & Settings", etc. are n...

HELP: How to restore Email Accounts Settings Rules and all that
Hi! Using Win XP Pro and Outlook 2003 I had to format hard drive. I copied the whole content of: C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook to an external disk. Now I installed Outlook 2003 fresh again. Moved the outlook.pst from the backup to the dir.. All contacts and emails, etc.. are there.. thank God. But when I go to EMAIL ACCOUNTS there is no information at all! Also other minor settings (like the TOOLS > Organize settings!) I am most worried about the email accounts settings... How can i get that back ? I have read the groups and it look...

Search folder mail from or to a person
This was asked here before (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/9010b341f978038d/cab7870b65493831) but there was no response and I have the same problem so I'm hoping someone knows the answer or workaround. I have John Doe in my Outlook 2003 Contacts, displayed as "John Doe" and email "johndoe@somewhere.com". I have Jane Doe displayed as "Jane Doe" and email "janedoe@somewhere.com". I am trying to use the built-in search folder option: Mail from People and Lists --> Mail from and to specific people I...

Help with rules not working
Hoping that someone can help with this. Why is it that rules sometime don't work unless you run them manually? I have a number of rules set up to sort mail into various folders. The very first rule in the list is a white list rule that checks if sender's address is in a local (workstation) outlook address book (contacts folder) and if it is then it moves those particular emails to a public folder. A few weeks ago, the white list rule quit working; however, it still works if I run it manually all my other emails that sort mail are working properly. What gives? All of my rule...

HELP!! need to get rid of last 2 #'s
Please help. I just need to get rid of lat 2#'s of value. EX. On colum L cell #3 I have 12345678912. I need to drop last 2 #'s (to make it 123456789 on colum M). thanks for your help! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try, =--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2) Hope this helps! In article <ifew552.178zpx@excelforum-nospam.com>, ifew552 <<ifew552.178zpx@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Please help. I just need to get rid of lat 2#'s of value. > > EX. On colum L cell #3 I have 12345678912. I need to drop last 2 #'s. > (to make it ...

Deleting multiple pages in Publisher
Is there a way to delete multiple pages in Publisher. For instance, if you have a document that is 50 pages and you want to delete pages 15-50, is there a way to to this without having to delete one at a time. I think it depends on the version of Publisher you have. -- Don Vancouver, USA "denalynn" <denalynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B7F8438-865F-42B4-BA78-A72F4C3C799D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple pages in Publisher. For instance, if > you > have a document that is 50 pages and you want to delete pages 15-50, ...

need help in adding a ' in front of a column of numbers
From what I read, a macro does not recored keystrokes. I'm new at this so bear with me. I have found out that I can make numbers read as text by adding a ' in front of the number Exa, '3331 '3331-6 '3331-25 so after doing a sort as text the numbers will be in proper order. I have a column of part numbers that I need to add a ' in front of the number so it will sort the way I want. I am using excel 2003. TIA Another way to make it text is with a formula: =TEXT(A1,"@") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "noreaster" <norea...

Convert a Public Folder to a Distribution Group?
Is there a way to take an existing Public Folder in Exchange 2003 with SP1 and "convert" it to a Distribution Group, or is this impossible? I've been tasked with taking two Public Folders and making them into Distribution Groups. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. On 22 Jan 2007 08:23:57 -0800, obrienjf@gmail.com wrote: >Is there a way to take an existing Public Folder in Exchange 2003 with >SP1 and "convert" it to a Distribution Group, or is this impossible? >I've been tasked with taking two Public Folders and making them into >Distribution Group...

Pivot Talbe Help
I've got three columns. A2:A7000 is customer number. B2:B7000 is a circuit ID (unique telecom ID). C2:C7000 is revenue In Pivot Table: Row Field = customer number Row Field (to right of customer number) = circuit id Data Item = Revenue When the pivot is complete, the data looks like this: Cust Number Circuit ID Revenue 123456 ABCDEF $10 FEDCBA $10 AABBCC $12 Each customer number has multiple Circuit IDs. Is there any way that the Pivot Table can show the customer number with each uni...

I Need Help With A Complex Formula
I have been trying to make a formula that will out put a certain percentage for the numbers I input. for example if i put 2,000,000 in Cell A16 I want it give me 3% in Cell B16. This is the complex formula that i came up with =IF(A16>=2000000,3%,IF(AND(A16>=150000,A16<2000000),4%,IF(AND(A16>=1000000,A16<1500000),4.5%,IF(AND(A16>=600000,A16<1000000),5%,IF(AND(A16>=450000,A16<600000),5.5%,IF(A16<450000,6%,0)))))) Every time i use this formula, I doesn't give me the right percentages if I input anything under 150,000,000. For example if I input the n...

Wrestling with fractions and dates. Knowledge of photography is helpful.
I made a spreadsheet to combine f/stop, shutter speed, and film speed into a single number. This number represents how many stops the exposure was taken from a sunny 16 setting. For example, if I'm using ISO 100 film, a shutter speed of 1/125 sec., and an f/stop of 11, it will calculate to about .8. Ok, now for the fun part. When I enter a shutter speed into a cell, I just input the denominator because all the numbers are just reciprocals of their respective shutter speeds. For example, for 1/125 sec, I enter 125 and let the inner workings take care of it. The problem is when...

Still needing help with the date
Thought I would repost to make it easy. I'm looking for help with determining which data only occurred in the month of July, but my date format must remain xx/xx/xx because my data form is printed for my board of directors. It has been suggested that I format the date xx/xx, but that will not work for my purpose. Any other ideas? Hi Brandy You can use a helper column with this formula =MONTH(A1) And then use Data>auto filter on that column -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Brandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

HELP: survey data collection & analysis
I need urgent help and am new to Excel. I've got 5 excel surveys which is similar to: http://www.surveymonkey.com/ExportExamples/ExportExamples.zip I am using SurveyMonkey.com to do 5 surveys (which are all exactly the same), however it's separated for 5 societies. Results can be downloaded/exported as CSV files (as you can see in the ExportExamples.zip file). So there are 5 of those ExportExamples.zip (above), one for each society am surveying. How can I combine the 5 Condensed.csv files so it's one big file? I need the Condensed in one big file. Then I want to make Excel...

Worksheet for Wife's Work--Help needed
The wife works for a tax-exempt organization that is looking to recoup the sales tax they pay on fuel. In it's ultimate wisdom, the state has made this as difficult as possible, requiring TEO's to first find the price per gallon in a chart and them subtracting their calculated sales tax per gallon based on the rate for that particular county. The state's chart looks something like this: Sales Tax Rate | Sales tax per gallon 202.7-203.9 15.3 I'm assuming they mean a price of $2.027-2.039 qualifies for a recovery of $0.153 per ...

OWA Path(ie Webdav Authentication) Why we see a UPN in the folder
Webdav URL construction can be seen........ If you go to OWA and place your mouse on the inbox then look at the bottom of the app you will see something like this: https://<your exchange FDQN>/exchange/<mailbox name>/inbox Regarding the mailbox I have seen this change when a new Primary address is configured in Default recipient policies or a change in email address...but I am seeing one case where the full UPN or full email address is seen for <mailbox name> Does anyone know what would control this setting to have the full address appear? Thanks, -- Jay H. ...

When I copy something in Word, it won't past in Publisher. Help.
My copied segment won't even show up on the Clipboard. What am I doing wrong? ...

Help!!!!!
I had my resume on the desktop in a scanned folder )zip file) I right clicked and chose import to microsoft excel. When I opened the file it was in microsoft excel non-commercial and is now gibberish. WHAT DO I DO TO RETRIEVE MY RESUME?? It is 4 pages long. I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2007. Any help will be so appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! Just confirm what is the file format of your Resume? -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "nancyluckey2" wrote: > I had my resume on the desktop in a scanned folder )zip file) I right clicked > and chose ...

if edb.log was deleted
I am using Exchsrvr5.5sp4 on winnt4 sp6, and norton antivirus enterprise 7.0 also running on the same server. yesterday, edb.log was affected by MyDoom virus and anti- virus program found it and deleted it. As result, the Inforamtion store service stopped and priv database becomed inconsistent. How could I prevent edb.log being affected and removed. Thanks a lot. Don't scan Exchange folders with file level AV. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a repl...

CRM SQL Reporting Help
We have recently installed Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 within our organization. I am looking for guidance with developing custom reports in the CRM using SQL Reporting. We have created the requirements/design for the reports and are now ready to have them implemented. I am also interested in learning how SharePoint helps to extend the value of CRM data through dashboards, etc. Any recommendations/referrals for resources with expert knowledge in the area would be appreciated. For reporting you can find everything you need in the sdk at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Family...

Please help #7
Hello, I have a small worksheet that is complete and work great. It consists of 2 cells where users have to enter 2 number and then the other 8 calculations are figured out for them. This is all complete thanks to one nice user who helped me with the last formula. The problem I am having is that I need it to be a web page where people can enter the data and then have it calculate the numbers for them. When I save as webpage it does not allow for users to enter the data. I do not have a calculate button. I would be thankful to anyone who could help me with this. I could email the very small fi...

WIN32_ API Need help
I successfully ge the list of IRQ resources avilable in my system by the following C# sample code. Does any one know how to do that in MFC , C/C++ API ? //C# sample code. SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery("Win32_IRQResource"); ManagementObjectSearcher searcher; searcher = new ManagementObjectSearcher(query); query = new SelectQuery("Win32_PortResource"); searcher = new ManagementObjectSearcher(query); foreach (ManagementObject mo in searcher.Get()) { mo["StartingAddress"].ToString()); } ...