Accessing the same PST file from multiple WinXP Pro IDs

I am running a Windows NT 4.0 network with workstations
with Windows XP Pro. One user has Outlook 2000 on his
notebook. He has a profile to log on to the machine
itself (i.e. not on the Windows NT domain) for when
he's "on the road" and one for logging on to the NT
network domain to use the printers and network
facilities. On my personal notebook I have Office XP and
I was able to configure Outlook's data files (Tools ->
Options -> Mail Setup -> Data Files) so that I would
access the same PST file under both profiles. I cannot
figure out how/if this is possible with Outlook 2000. Any
help would be greatly appreciated!

File > Data File Management for each profile

0
anonymous (74722)

Sync Outlook 07 .pst file using Groove 07
Home desktop PC has my personal email from my ISP. Using Groove 07, I would like to be able to sync my personal email to my work laptop when traveling away from home. Is there a way to change the file types that Groove blocks (.pst) from sync? You can change it in groove options but including pst files is not necessarily a good idea. For started, the file can be huge... and you need to make sure outlook is closed - if the pst is open, it won't sync. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-ti...

Puzzling out the Navigation Pane (Access 2007)
Hi All, Been looking at the Access 2007 Navigation Pane as a replacement for the venerable Switchboard. Soo... I can create shortcuts to objects, put those shortcuts in Custom Categories and Groups and Disable the DesignView property of the shortcut. Ok. I can run an autoexec macro to hide all native categories. Fine. What's to prevent the end user from right clicking on the shortcut and enabling DesignView again? ...

EFS
Hi, I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files which I cannot now delete and they are really large. I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin privilages and a Google search was fruitless. Help :-) Thanks "David" <amharcAE@ice.age.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:5fkf165079mj6sq3jl4jui8f7fveennejo@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I did something bad and enabled EFS on a ...

Event ID Error: 9785
We have used the database portability to transfer a database to another server and then moved the -configurationonly for those mailboxes to the new server. All user mailboxes are working fine but this error is coming up about every 2 minutes. We are using Exchange 2K7 SP2. MS knowledge base doesn't have any info on this error. What are the possible causes/fixes for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Event History Event ID: 9785 Date: 12/9/2009 Time: 10:35:44 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCH2007B Description: An attempt to ...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

multiple email addresses 11-07-07
CRM has a few email addresses that can be defined for a contact right out of the box. How do we tell the system to use an address other then 'email' for the delivery of a message? My question pertains to manual emails in the crm web app, automated workflows and templates from the contact list. ...

Exporting to Excel files
I am currently working on an Access97 database application, and when I export a table to an Excel spreadsheet, I find that my dates turn out as other than I would expect or want. For instance, "00/01/01" will sometimes be displayed "00/01/01", sometimes as "01-Jan-00" or something similar. What I need is a way to force ALL dates to be exported to spreadsheet format in the format "YYYY/MM/DD". Is there a way to do this, efficiently? Or perhaps I will have to recreate my table with the date fields as text and put the dates in there as I expect them? (a r...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Export or convert .qrp files to HTML
Hi all, great forum - Does anyone know how to export or convert any given .qrp report into an HTML or other web format? Could it be possible to open a .qrp in it's native format? I've seen a company online (Sabletooth) that converts Report Builder (.qrp) files into Crystal, but I think they are only offering consulting services. Thanks in advance for your help. At the top of the report it gives you several options(print, save, etc.) the fourth or fifth from the left(not quite sure which one by memory)is the one to export. It gives you several options. One of which is to expo...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

Cannot open certain Files.
For some reson or another I cannot open one of our newletter issues. The file will open if publisher runs its self in safe mode.....Im baffled? any ideas ? Graham Could be the printer driver. Have you changed printers or the driver? When you open the file in safe mode, save as...something else, see if it will open then. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JGM" <marxymarks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJeXwuzxEHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > For some reson or another I cannot open one ...

Upload a file to a web using VBA
There is a site on our company's INTRANET that I need to upload a file to. This is a FORM that needs the fileName to be populated, but I have not been able to get it to accept fileName from any means I have tried. I have ALL of the other fields working and it is to the point all I need to do is manually select the file, but I need to automate this. I have been able to access the site, stuff all kinds of other info into the websites varables, but I have NOT been able to stuff the fileName to upload. Here is the code (including some failed attempts) to get the file name into t...

Saving a file as the "date" it was created
I have a load of spreadsheets that I need to file in the same folder. The problem is each one has the same filename. Does anyone know how to save a file as the date that it was created on thus saving me having to go through 100's of files and do it manually. Thanks Dave Woodgate Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Format(Now,"yyyymmdd hhmmss")&" "&Activeworkbook.Name -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <dave.woodgate@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147856944.197931.244350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups....

What does it mean to have a file name followed by .xls:1 etc.?
I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when I open it. They have the same names except that one is .xls:1 and the other ..xls:2 and I have not been able to find what this signifies. Those are multiple windows that view the same Excel file. You create them by selecting Window>New Window. If you close the :2 window, the other will still be open (but the :1 will no longer display) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "KGAR" wrote: > I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when > I open it. They ha...

Regarding Event ID 1030
Hi All, I am getting this event id: 1030 in my Application log on a DC. So I refer to kb article: 842804 over http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842804. There are saying to verify the following: 1. Domain Controllers have the read and apply rights to the Domain Controllers Policy? - How I am going to verify this? 2. NTFS file system permissions and share permissions are set correctly on the SYSVOL share? - Please advise on this as well. Rest of the two measures I have verified, they are correct. Thanking You - NAJMUSSAQIB Hello NAJMUSSAQIB, If the GPO is ope...

File storage
Where and how are the files stored in the crm database for a note attachment, I need to download the file for a certain event and save it in a folder on machine without the download dialog box appearing. is it the version column of annotationbase where i only see binary,how do i query database in this case ,I am unable to do through the howto method of downloading ...

Log files filling disk up
We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. Any advice on hoe these logfiles can be managed would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave Are you doing Exchange-aware full online backups? On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Dave Marshall" <dj_marshall@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. > >It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and >within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. > >Any advice...

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 on same workstation
Sorry, this has probably been asked a thousand times. Can I install Access 2007 on a machine with Access 2003 and keep both versions. I used to do this with Access 2000 and 2003. Since I am a developer, I need to test and develope with the customers version. TIA Marcus Yes you can. However, be aware that there's currently a problem so that whenever you switch from one version to the other, it'll take several minutes. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Marcus Smaby" <mrsmaby@msn.mom> wrote in message news:%23...

PDF file #8

Outlook admin vs individual access (VBA pulling info)
I'm not looking for a specific solution, just information on whether or not this is possible, and if so, some general leads on what I'd need to learn more about in order to develop and implement. I have a VBA macro that grabs appointment data (time/date/duration/subject/etc). As an individual user, it only pulls this information from my calendar. We are considering a project where employees would start using custom labels to document their time on different projects, and ideally we would be able to pull all of that data at once (not require each user to pull their own...

Missing message-ID
In emailing a small newsletter mostly within Australia I receive the following message to a copy which goes to the UK - Remote host said: 550-RFC2822 says you should have a Message-ID. 550 Most messages without it are spam, so your mail has been rejected. My understanding of 'Message-ID' is very limited and I can find no reference to it the properties of any SentMail (although it may well exist) Domestic newsletter copies are delivered OK. Current versions Outlook and Word. Suggestions ? KD "Kevin Davies" said in news:ufFigoE7DHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > In ema...

repaired ext hd
I recently had an external hard drive fail. Sometimes it showed up under my computer and other times not. Did not show up in disk management. Tried on another pc - nogo. So.... I sent drive off for data recovery and received email from comp that said: A. Media evaluation results overview * The file system was structurally damaged preventing access to the data. The file system has been repaired to point to the file data. Can anyone tell me what that means? Is there a way i could "repoint" to data? Thanks. patti On May 5, 7:20=A0pm, patti <pa...@discussions.m...