Accessing my information offline

I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer
and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new
ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e-
mails etc.  However, when I disconnect and bring my
notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I
must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan.

My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I
synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't.
Any ideas????
0
anonymous (74722)

How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under
tools->Send/Receive settings?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Joanne asked:

| I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer
| and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new
| ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e-
| mails etc.  However, when I disconnect and bring my
| notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I
| must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan.
|
| My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I
| synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't.
| Any ideas????

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Unableto access "greater than or equal to" Where is it?
Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a function, so that all the numbers written in a specific area/column (greater than some number but less than another) come out highlighted. Could you please email back regarding how to access this "greater than or equal to" function? Thank you very much. greater than or equal to.......>= less than or equal to............<= -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "ddewdrops522" wrote: > Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a > function, so that...

Please explain the steps to use the Dlookup function in Access?
explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Balu" <Balu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00601393-C86C-47BD-9103-52D0FAA292C9@microsoft.com... > explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL ...

Emailing information from a query
I would like to email the information from a query in the body of my email message, Ex. Query Name.emaildates with the following 3 fields id# date due assigned to 0001 05/01/2007 M. Smith 0002 05/02/2007 J. Smith etc Can someone please help. I looked at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/formatted.htm. but that totally confused me. ...

I need to do a slide show on information technology careers
where is a good place where I can find pictures as well as information for a slide show You can find lots of photographs in the Clip Art section of http://office.microsoft.com -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "c hill" <c hill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:358D5DB0-5B91-447A-B0F3-F2C81203D091@microsoft.com... > where is a good place where I ca...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...

Entourage 2008 lost 11 days of information
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My setup has the folder &quot;Office 2008 Identities&quot; on an external HD and an alias pointing to that location (without the &quot;alias&quot; extension) in &quot;Microsoft User Data&quot;. This allows me to use the same Entourage data on two different Mac's at two locations. I also automatically clone the real Identities folder 5 times a day to a different external HD using SuperDuper. The SuperDuper schedule shows the actions were all successful when they were s...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

How to access a category name and code from vbscript
I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only can find a categoryid function, which is in the TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for the category Raemond, You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID: resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true) - Evan Culver New West Technologies Raemond wrote: > I am modifying the lineitem.html for t...

A program is trying to access your Address Book...
We started getting the above message after we isntall Office XP/2002 service pack 3. Does anyone know of a Registry hack that I can setup to either prevent this message always or prevent it for a particular .DLL? For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

access 2000 workgroup security question
I haven't used workgroup security for many years and forgot how it all works but have a situation now where I have an access 2000 database that uses workgroup security and possibly other security and I'm trying to figure out how to get it so I can design forms or export the forms out of the database into an unsecured database. I purchased one of those $30 workgroup password crackers and ran it, here's the results: Lets assume the database is called XXX.MDB and the workgroup is called WWW.MDW For the workgroup we have: "wuser" and "wpassword"...

OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet
Dear kind MVPs, Sorry for cross posting and the length.. but i am desperate for the solution. Heres the setup. one Win2k Server (DC) , One Win2k3 Server (DC+Exchange2k3), One server with Reverse-Proxy configured to direct all HTTP requests to the Exchange Server (working OK ). Assume my exchange server name is MyServer and Proxy Server is MyProxyServer and domain is MyDomain - names assumed for clarity otherwise valid IPs are used. I am able to login using http://MyServer/exchange interanlly ( XP + Win2k ) http://MyProxyServer/exchange from XP clients from internet but not from http://My...

Digital signature information
I did an upgrade from Office 97 to Office XP and replaced all the existing files with the new. When I start up Word I get the following Microsoft Word message about Macros that point to Digital Signature Information with the following Signer Information: Adobe System Inc. is the Name of signer and E-mail is Not Available that shows Signing time: of Thursday, September 13, 2001 12:08:21 PM. The Counter signature is VeriSign Time Signature. How can I disable this and when I look on the VeriSign site I get an article about it being a VeriSign glitch. Can you be of some help. ...

Accessing S/MIME properties
I need to access the PR_MESSAGE_CLASS property of a signed, encrypted message in my drafts folder. However, when I read this property using Extended Mapi, it always returns 'IPM.Note', instead of 'IPM.Note.SMIME', which is what it should be. Is there any way I can access this property? ...

MS Access. Can't open file via network
I have the database on one computer and trying to open it via network from another computer so I can simulateously work on it. And yes I do have the option-default mode-shared selected. When I click on the database nothing happens not even an error message. However, when I open the database iniitially from the remote computer it opens fine. Any words of wisdom out there? Thanks ahead of time. Dean :) Dean wrote: > I have the database on one computer and trying to open > it via network from another computer so I can simulateously > work on it. And yes I do have the option-default...

Problem rounding down Access 2000
The abridged version: I want to divide an odd whole number by 2 and deal seperately with the quotient as a whole number & remainder as a decimal. If I use integers to perform the calculations the quotient is wrong because it automatically rounds up. (Sample code at bottom) How can I get the quotient to round down? The detailed version: I have build an application to generate travelers for my company. A traveler accompanies our products through the manufacturing process. The first traveler is always the sample traveler. Each traveler after that has a traveler quantity...

how do i remove routing information from saved excel spreadsheet
I have created a spreadsheet and sent it to people. now everytime i open the spreadsheet the names are still in the send to and cc fields. i want to remove the routing from the spreadsheet so that it opens clena. Click on File|Send to Then toggle the "mail recipient" option. (It may not looked depressed, but it is!) debbym wrote: > > I have created a spreadsheet and sent it to people. now everytime i open the > spreadsheet the names are still in the send to and cc fields. i want to > remove the routing from the spreadsheet so that it opens clena. -- Dave Pete...

a program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
I am the IT person for an office with about 100 users. Two of my users this morning are exeperiencing this error when they try and send a message. "a program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I have looked and not found the fix for this and done a search on this group for that message in the text line with no responses. We are running a Windows 2000 exchange server and Outlook 2002 SP3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for the most likely cause. -- ...

File Access
I just submitted the following to the MS Tech Support Page. After some editing, I will try to get it published in the local editorial columns. Do with it as you please. -------------------- Microsoft should be embarrassed and apologize to every consumer that paid for Microsoft Money. One of your servers has a problem and we can't even work with our files offline. Bill Gates should publicly apologize for frauding the public with his promoting Passport,net as a secure reliable service. I have been a supporter of Microsoft products when Apple commanded the market. I have argued with ...

Remote Access to Web Client???
Are there any options for Remote Access to the Web Client? other than terminal services. ...