Accessing another user's calendar OL2000/OL2003/Ex2000 - crosspost

Here's the situation:
Running Exchange2000, v 6.0, sp4.  Users are on XP/OL2003 or NT/OL2000.
(we're in the process of upgrading all of the workstations to XP.)

VIP user is on XP/OL2003.  He can access his calendar just fine on his
workstation.

His secretary and other office admin type people are still on NT/OL2000.
They have reviewer or editor rights to his calendar.  They try to access his
calendar by chosing File/Open/Other User's Folder... and put in his name and
calendar.  When they do this, the process hangs.  In Task Manager, Outlook
is "Running."  End the Outlook task, then back to business as usual on the
workstation.

As an exchange admin, I added myself as an editor on his calendar.  On my
workstation, XP/OL2003, I can access his calendar just fine.

Any ideas where the disconnect is?  Short of upgrading the secretary's
workstation, any fixes so she can access his calendar?

Thanks,
Cappy

cappy_p at juno dot com

0
cappy_p (6)

Removing multiple users from Outlook

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

MS Access 2007 code not running

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

Re-enabled user account cannot log in
In trying to troubleshoot and issue in CRM where I had multiple user accounts for a single ADUC user, I tried disabling and re-enabling a user's account. But even after re-enabling the account the user cannot log in now. The error message says that it is disallowed when he tries to browse to the CRM server. Please help, I need to get this user account working again asap. Joel ...

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

How to detect my tray icon covered by another app.?
Could someone tell me how to detect my system tray icon covered by another application? If the tray icon is covered, I don't want to update the icon. Thank you very much in advance. "L. Zhou" <lzhou97@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1HUfApYDHA.2476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Could someone tell me how to detect my system tray icon covered by another > application? If the tray icon is covered, I don't want to update the icon. > > Thank you very much in advance. > > Hmm, I doubt that is possible... The only thing I think you can do is to duplicat...