Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book

I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to
extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP
addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book.
This information will be used to populate a Contacts
folder.  I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder
so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the
company's webmail browser.  Ideally if I could get the
information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it
from there.

If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but
am not an experienced VBA user.  However, I have mid-level
Visual Basic 6.0 skills which could help with file parsing
and/or VBA code.

Can anyone help?  If coding is required, a sample of
VBA/VB code, if possible, would be a HUGE step forward and
greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dave
zdave83@yahoo.com

0
zdave83 (1)

The following might be helpful...

http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm

If you still want to go the route of using an in-house solution that uses
VB/VBA/VBScript and Collaboration Data Objects to extract the data
programmatically, just post back and I will dig up a sample for you.

"Dave" <zdave83@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to
> extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP
> addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book.
> This information will be used to populate a Contacts
> folder.  I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder
> so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the
> company's webmail browser.  Ideally if I could get the
> information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it
> from there.
>
> If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but
> am not an experienced VBA user.  However, I have mid-level
> Visual Basic 6.0 skills which could help with file parsing
> and/or VBA code.
>
> Can anyone help?  If coding is required, a sample of
> VBA/VB code, if possible, would be a HUGE step forward and
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Dave
> zdave83@yahoo.com

0
neoheart (690)
4/17/2004 1:24:23 PM
neo,

Thank you for the quick response.  I went to the site you
recommended and found it very helpful.  However when I
followed the "PAB + Outlook Express Method" I could only
get a small number of contacts copied to the Personal
Address Book.  Whenever I tried to copy a large number of
entries, I'd receive an error message like 'could only
copy some entries'.  When I looked in the PAB there were
no entries copied.

After checking out the other methods, I figured that if I
could solve the problem with "Address Magic", it was well
worth the $30.  Before purchasing it I'm going to post a
request to the forum to see if anyone has positive or
negative experiences with the product.

Do you have any experience with Address Magic?

Thanks again for your help -- Dave
zdave83@comcast.net

If you still want to go the route of using an in-house
solution that uses VB/VBA/VBScript and Collaboration Data
Objects to extract the data programmatically, just post
back and I will dig up a sample for you.

0
zdave831 (2)
4/18/2004 3:51:42 PM
I've used the personal edition version (timed trial) and it works really
well.  (I wanted to convert an Exchange GAL to LDIF format so I could learn
about LDAP.)

Did you want me to dig up that sample?

"Dave" <zdave83@comcast.net> wrote in message
> neo,
>
> Thank you for the quick response.  I went to the site you
> recommended and found it very helpful.  However when I
> followed the "PAB + Outlook Express Method" I could only
> get a small number of contacts copied to the Personal
> Address Book.  Whenever I tried to copy a large number of
> entries, I'd receive an error message like 'could only
> copy some entries'.  When I looked in the PAB there were
> no entries copied.
>
> After checking out the other methods, I figured that if I
> could solve the problem with "Address Magic", it was well
> worth the $30.  Before purchasing it I'm going to post a
> request to the forum to see if anyone has positive or
> negative experiences with the product.
>
> Do you have any experience with Address Magic?
>
> Thanks again for your help -- Dave
> zdave83@comcast.net

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase
Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the dbase in an inconsistant state. Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start the dbase after the restore was: EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store, 0x8004010f in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063. Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it acros...

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

SMTP Connectors #4
Hi, I have a problem with two Front-End servers in NLB. I have two connectors with address space *, one connector with cost 10 the other with cost 20 for connector availability purposes. Inbound mails are targeted to FrontEnd1, outbound mails should go from FrontEnd2 (e.g. MX for FrontEnd1 cost is 10; MX cost for FrontEnd2 is 20) Connectors: FrontEnd1 - Address space * - cost 10 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd1; FrontEnd2 - Address space * - cost 20 - bridgehead srv = FrontEnd2 The problem: If both servers are up and running and somehow some mail ends in queue on FrontEnd2 it correctly crea...

Address book updating...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Excel not Access

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

hyperlinking email addresses

cant start outlook pst file to large

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Offline defragmentation for Priv1
Hello, I have an Exchange 2000 standard server running for a long time. Now the priv1.edb is over 12GB. I have to move mailboxes from priv1 to other storage groups. After the movement, the priv1 has a lot of free space inside the database. I want to have an offline defragmentation to reduce the file so that the backup window can be shorter. I know there are some Exchange service accounts like Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox, etc. are stored in the priv1 database. When I dismount the priv1 for the offline deframentation, does the Exchange ...

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003