Access to News groups disappears after first use and exiting.

Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access. Thought
I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received
reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried to set up newsgroups.
Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News to
"Go".  Finished ...  went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I had
earlier setup in OE came up.  Played around looking at some posts. Then
exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely
disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image back
to drive so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone help
me here?

Jerry

0
JER

When I go back to try and re-institute News (News Groups)
Tools/Customize/Commands/Go/  News is no longer there for a selection.
Strange .... Help .... Please!
Jerry

"JER" <jer@home> wrote in message
> Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access.
Thought
> I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received
> reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried to set up
newsgroups.
> Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News
> "Go".  Finished ...  went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I
had
> earlier setup in OE came up.  Played around looking at some posts. Then
> exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely
> disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image
back
> to drive so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone
help
> me here?
>
> Jerry

0
JER
5/21/2004 8:27:18 PM
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.  If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your
machine in order to complete the process.  Not everyone is reporting success
with this method, but try it and see what happens.  If all else fails, you
can always create a desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and include the
/outnews switch -- that gives you the same result as accessing the
newsreader via the News command in Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, JER asked:

| Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access.
| Thought I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up,
| and, received reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried
| to set up newsgroups. Followed directions as outlined in help. Last
| direction was to drag News to "Go".  Finished ...  went to go and
| selected News. All the News Groups I had earlier setup in OE came up.
| Played around looking at some posts. Then exited. Then when I went
| back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely disappeared. I am
| using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image back to drive
| so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone help me
| here?
|
| Jerry

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/21/2004 8:59:40 PM

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> When I go back to try and re-institute News (News Groups)
> Tools/Customize/Commands/Go/  News is no longer there for a selection.
> Strange .... Help .... Please!
> Jerry
>
> "JER" <jer@home> wrote in message
> > Have used OE for a number of years  for email and News Group access.
> Thought
> > I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received
> > reply on the test. I know it was working. Then  tried to set up
> newsgroups.
> > Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News
> > "Go".  Finished ...  went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I
> had
> > earlier setup in OE came up.  Played around looking at some posts. Then
> > exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there.
Completely
> > disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Ghost" image
> back
> > to drive so as to start from scratch again. Same scenario. Can someone
> help
> > me here?
> >
> > Jerry

0
russval (3097)

Outlook 2003 News

open two different Access reports

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Empty trash on Exit
All of a sudden these past few days trash is not being emptied from the deleted items folder although it is set in the options to do so Windows vista 32 bit, WLM 14.0.8089.0726 Any suggestions appreciated Thanks Bill Hi, Bill. How many Deleted items folders do you have? Are there any in Storage Folders? RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Bill" wrote in message news:qwNco.74375$pX3.35419@en-nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com... A...

Use exchange from a trusted domain

compact database in VBA access 2007

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

LDAP Write access?

Using INDIRECT within functions

MS Access 2007 code not running

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

How to use count for calls per hour

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms