Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load

I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
receiving the following error:

"The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office
Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access
2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office
Outlook 2007."

I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and
don't see
an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled"
it is nowhere to be found).  I have tried to add it (I believe it is the
ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.

Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well.  I have uninstalled
and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise Suite to no
avail.

Can someone assist me?

Thank you,

Steve
0
Steve3367 (862)

Uninstalling rarely fixes problems. Have you tried running Office
Diagnostics?

Try Googling the error message you see.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com
Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all Outlook
2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au

>I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
> receiving the following error:
>
> "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft
> Office
> Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access
> 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office
> Outlook 2007."
>
> I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and
> don't see
> an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled"
> it is nowhere to be found).  I have tried to add it (I believe it is the
> ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.
>
> Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well.  I have uninstalled
> and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise Suite to
> no
> avail.
>
> Can someone assist me?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve

0
Judy
10/13/2008 11:00:50 AM
Judy,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I did already try finding the information via the web (at length).  I was
hoping to find some assistance via this site.

Steve

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:

> Uninstalling rarely fixes problems. Have you tried running Office
> Diagnostics?
>
> Try Googling the error message you see.
>
> Regards
>
> Judy Gleeson
> MVP Outlook
>
> www.judygleeson.com
> www.deskdoctors.com
> Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all Outlook
> 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
> > receiving the following error:
> >
> > "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft
> > Office
> > Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access
> > 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office
> > Outlook 2007."
> >
> > I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and
> > don't see
> > an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled"
> > it is nowhere to be found).  I have tried to add it (I believe it is the
> > ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.
> >
> > Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well.  I have uninstalled
> > and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise Suite to
> > no
> > avail.
> >
> > Can someone assist me?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Steve

0
Steve3367 (862)
10/13/2008 11:50:01 AM
Steve,

You may want to ask this question in one of the developer groups.
They work with this add-in more frequently than the average user.
Try asking in:
  microsoft.publix.outlook.program_addins

Nikki

Judy,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I did already try finding the information via the web (at length).  I was
hoping to find some assistance via this site.

Steve

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:

> Uninstalling rarely fixes problems. Have you tried running Office
> Diagnostics?
>
> Try Googling the error message you see.
>
> Regards
>
> Judy Gleeson
> MVP Outlook
>
> www.judygleeson.com
> www.deskdoctors.com
> Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all
> Outlook
> 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
> > receiving the following error:
> >
> > "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft
> > Office
> > Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft
> > Access
> > 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within
> > Office
> > Outlook 2007."
> >
> > I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook
> > and
> > don't see
> > an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is
> > "disabled"
> > it is nowhere to be found).  I have tried to add it (I believe it is the
> > ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.
> >
> > Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well.  I have
> > uninstalled
> > and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise Suite
> > no
> > avail.
> >
> > Can someone assist me?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Steve

Thanks for the suggestion Nikki!  I will post here what I find out.

Steve

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> You may want to ask this question in one of the developer groups.
> They work with this add-in more frequently than the average user.
> Try asking in:
>   microsoft.publix.outlook.program_addins
>
> Nikki
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Judy,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.
>
> I did already try finding the information via the web (at length).  I was
> hoping to find some assistance via this site.
>
> Steve
>
> "Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:
>
> > Uninstalling rarely fixes problems. Have you tried running Office
> > Diagnostics?
> >
> > Try Googling the error message you see.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Judy Gleeson
> > MVP Outlook
> >
> > www.judygleeson.com
> > www.deskdoctors.com
> > Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all
> > Outlook
> > 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au
> >
> > "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
> > > receiving the following error:
> > >
> > > "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft
> > > Office
> > > Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft
> > > Access
> > > 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within
> > > Office
> > > Outlook 2007."
> > >
> > > I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook
> > > and
> > > don't see
> > > an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is
> > > "disabled"
> > > it is nowhere to be found).  I have tried to add it (I believe it is the
> > > ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.
> > >
> > > Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well.  I have
> > > uninstalled
> > > and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise Suite
> > > no
> > > avail.
> > >
> > > Can someone assist me?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Steve

0
Steve3367 (862)
10/13/2008 3:15:01 PM
I will keep an eye out for your solution.

Nikki

"Nikki Peterson" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> You may want to ask this question in one of the developer groups.
> They work with this add-in more frequently than the average user.
> Try asking in:
>   microsoft.publix.outlook.program_addins
>
> Nikki
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Judy,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.
>
> I did already try finding the information via the web (at length).  I was
> hoping to find some assistance via this site.
>
> Steve
>
> "Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote:
>
> > Uninstalling rarely fixes problems. Have you tried running Office
> > Diagnostics?
> >
> > Try Googling the error message you see.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Judy Gleeson
> > MVP Outlook
> >
> > www.judygleeson.com
> > www.deskdoctors.com
> > Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all
> > Outlook
> > 2003 users should change" at www.pragmatix.com.au
> >
> > "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
> > > receiving the following error:
> > >
> > > "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft
> > > Office
> > > Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft
> > > Access
> > > 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within
> > > Office
> > > Outlook 2007."
> > >
> > > I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook
> > > and
> > > don't see
> > > an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is
> > > "disabled"
> > > it is nowhere to be found).  I have tried to add it (I believe it is
> > > the
> > > ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.
> > >
> > > Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well.  I have
> > > uninstalled
> > > and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise
> > > Suite
> > > no
> > > avail.
> > >
> > > Can someone assist me?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Steve

Most of the devs I know have that addin disabled because it usually fires
errors and causes problems.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I will keep an eye out for your solution.
>
> Nikki
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the suggestion Nikki!  I will post here what I find out.
>
> Steve
>
> "Nikki Peterson" wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> You may want to ask this question in one of the developer groups.
>> They work with this add-in more frequently than the average user.
>> Try asking in:
>>   microsoft.publix.outlook.program_addins
>>
>> Nikki

0
kenslovak (742)
10/13/2008 8:02:43 PM
Is there an addin that you would suggest as a replacement?

Nikki

Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Nikki Peterson" <SkippyLetterman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I will keep an eye out for your solution.
>
> Nikki
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the suggestion Nikki!  I will post here what I find out.
>
> Steve
>
> "Nikki Peterson" wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> You may want to ask this question in one of the developer groups.
>> They work with this add-in more frequently than the average user.
>> Try asking in:
>>   microsoft.publix.outlook.program_addins
>>
>> Nikki

No, I'm not familiar with that area, but if there is one it'll be listed
somewhere in the Utilities pages at www.slipstick.com.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.

> Is there an addin that you would suggest as a replacement?
>
> Nikki

0
kenslovak (742)
10/13/2008 9:29:30 PM
1. You *do* need to enable the Trust Center/Add-in for data collection.
2. Your default email must be "Exchange / POP3 and IMAP. If Outlook Live
Connector is installed, ensure that it is not the default mail account."

We got 1 out of 3 Outlook profiles to work.
When it works, it's not very forgiving.  But we find it useful.

We still don't know why the other 2 pc's/Outlook don't work.  Hope this helps.

www.JHLMC.com

"Steve" wrote:

> I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep
> receiving the following error:
>
> "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office
> Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access
> 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office
> Outlook 2007."
>
> I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and
> don't see
> an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled"
> it is nowhere to be found).  I have tried to add it (I believe it is the
> ACCOLK.DLL) with no success - it simply won't load.
>
> Other than this my Office 2007 system runs very well.  I have uninstalled
> and reinstalled the individual programs and the entire Enterprise Suite to no
> avail.
>
> Can someone assist me?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve
0
JHLMC.com (1)

data input in text box

Want to add new folder to all existing mailboxes
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas thank e "Eric" <ehansen@aruplab.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas? >thanks >e Well, if you've got an anti virus or anti spam product that's Exchange integrated then the package will generate them automatically. If you haven't, then deply Outlook 2003. If y...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Excel not Access

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

MS Money 95 data files

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

Sorting Data #5

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...