Access denied opening XML attachment

A user on my network cannot open an xml attachment in
Outlook 2003.  It works fine in previous versions.  It
says "access denied. Error processing resource."  If the
file is saved to a drive, then it opens without a
problem.  Is there some security configuration that would
cause this behavior?  I have tested on multiple machines
and multiple users to rule out profile or other causes.
I have also checked security on the tmp folder the file
is trying to open from.  Any insight would be helpful.

-Paul
0
pbetances (1)

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...

Help
In the last three days, I have unable to download attachments. Previously I had no problem. When I attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called File Conversion filled with ASCII characters. Need info on how to correct this. It sounds as if these attachments are defaulting to Microsoft Word to open. What types of files are these? What are the file extensions? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Manville" <bjmanville@sbcglobal.net&g...

Does anybody know why these two Excel files must be open in the same process?
Hi all, I am doing the following sequence of operations all the time: 1. Open up an Excel 2003 sheet A; 2. Click a button and run a macro in that Excel sheet; 3. After it finishes running, open up another Excel 2003 sheet B in the same Excel session/process; 4. Press F9 to do calculation/update the sheet, and save the Sheet B. B has a lot links linked to A... ----------------- Sometimes, if I update file A, save it, and close it before opening B, (i.e. now the file B and A are not in the same Excel session/ process) , B's update will fail (i.e. B's links will not ge...

EXCEL 97
Hi there! Ive created a linked spreadsheet in 2003 and am unable to open in 97. The error msg i get is "unable to open - insufficient memory". Any clues how i can get around this little dilema??? Thanks in advance! ...

Message Tracking XML File
Hello: Is there any utility out there that can read the XML file saved from the Message Tracking Center, and present it in an easily readable format? MS explains the XML schema at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms987640(EXCHG.65).aspx but doesn't offer a program to do anything. I found http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2007/11/13/more-exchange-message-tracking.aspx, which looks like it'll take the raw log files themselves and convert them into XML, which isn't what I need. Thank you. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA Nevermind....

"Access denied" frm Vista client to Win2003 server, but not XP or
The setup: -A Win2003 server at a hosting site, configured for VPN access. -The Win2003 server has 2 users configured, e.g. Bill and Fred. Each has the 'Allow access' selection for "Remote Access Permission (Dial-in or VPN)" on their individual properties page. -The Win2003 server has 3 shared folders, with share names "Everybody", "Bills Folder", and "Freds Folder", as implied, the 'Everyone' group has read access via the 'Permissions' settings of the shared directory properties. Bill and Fred each have full ...

XML performance in .net?
Hi there Anyone know how fast for XML performance when I use dataset to save and read data from XML file? my client need those answers. Thanks in advance Sandra sandra wrote: > Anyone know how fast for XML performance when I use dataset to save and read > data from XML file? my client need those answers. Basically DataSet is not the fastest XML API, actually that's not XML API altogether. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, XmlInsider] http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

Getting 'read' access to all domain mailboxes?
Is it possible setup one user to have full read access to all our domain mailboxes? I have read about delegate access but I just want to assign one users (our personnel manager) to have read access to all mailboxes Again, I only want this one person to have 'read only' access to all the other mailboxes so she can read their mail etc Many thanks in advance - ras - ...

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

OPENING A DOCUMENT
Hello I've saved a path and filename to a record. How do I read that record and open the relevant document ie phil.doc as a word document or phil.xls as a excel document,alter this document and save again? If you saved it as a hyperlink, you can open the document just by clicking the link. On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database sample called "SetHyperlink.mdb" which illustrates both how to save a document name as a hyperlink and also how it calls up the document. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersacc...

auto open jpeg attachments in outlook, office xp
In outlook express I had it set somehow to automatically open pics(jpeg)for viewing when the e-mails were open. The pics would display in the main e-mail body. How can I set outlook in office xp to do that? Can anyone smarter than me help? (that likely means anyone one reading this!) Help.....he....lp... Is it a security setting I'm missing? Outlook doesn't support inline image viewing. This may make it easier for you to view: http://blogs.officezealot.com/legault/archives/000254.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, One...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

open my back up files
sir, my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up file any chance to open. reply me .thanks, minoori13@hotmail.com File > Open > browse to the location of your PST file. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "mohammed iqbal" wrote: > sir, > my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? > its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up...

open a file listed in my db
I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it I would like to double click on an excel vile name listed in the access db and have it open How would I go about this? gary, Take a look in Access help. Look for "followhyperlink" HTH Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Gary." wrote: > I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files > > I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it > > I would like...

data available to MS Access
I'm not able to see the multiple entries of a sharepoint item with a mulit-line text column --I can only access the text of the last entry. With other multi-value columns (attachments, single-line text, numbers, etc), I don't have a problem getting the multiple entries. ...

Bulk attachments

XSLT for an xml with namespace
HI can anyone help me out with this, im a newbie to xml n stuff. i really have tough time working on this . Xml file: <p:win32_Service xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:p="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wsman/2005/06/wmi/root/cimv2/win32_Service"> <p:AcceptPause>true</p:AcceptPause> <p:AcceptStop>true</p:AcceptStop> <p:Caption>Windows Management Instrumentation</p:Caption> <p:StartMode>Auto</p:StartMode> <p:StartName>LocalSystem</p:StartName> <p:State>Running</p:State> &...

DG Open slow to open other directories
Hi to ALL, I recently built a new machine with Win XP and Office XP. Initially, Excel was fast (It was almost instantaneous) to open other directories in the OPEN dialog box. Now, a month & a half later, it's a dog. Has anybody else seen this & maybe know what to do about it? Further in my observations, Windows Explorer seems to be still quite responsive. NOTE: I use Scandisk, Defrag & and current LiveUpdate Symantec/Norton's Disk Optimizer regularly with no effect on this issue. I only see the problem in Office products (Just checked Word & Notepad - ...

cannot open file extension.xls
FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 office version attached through email. Help! This discussion group relate to Microsoft Access, have you looked at Victoria's reply to your post in Frx related discssion group http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.frx&mid=2f31afba-cb44-4a90-b25c-188d9cfd7c2e -- Good Luck BS"D "ctart" wrote: > FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 > office version attached through email. Help! ...

Program accessing address book
I get the warning below when an application uses Outlooks address book. How do I turn off this warning for good? A program is trying to access your Address Book or contacts. Thanks You may not be able to turn it off, check here for some options http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec "Jason" <jason.strand@columbialegal.org> wrote in message news:013101c35aad$28167bb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get the warning below when an application uses Outlooks > address book. How do I turn off this warning for good? > > A program is trying to access your Address B...

PO In Open and History
Ok, I have several of these but I have one in particular that is giving me a DBMS 2627 Primary Key Violation. I have looked and the PO is in POP10100, POP10110, POP10150, POP10500, POP10550, POP30100, POP30110, and POP30310. The receipt is in POP10500, POP10600 but not for the correct matchine line item from 10500, POP30310, POP30300, POP30330 but not for the correct line item, and POP30390. So I have read some other threads that say delete from the current and run checklinks/reconcile. It looks like this one posted completely but did not remove from current correctly. So from which...

Re: Links Won't open Properly
Just to let everyone know; FireFox has released an updated version of their browser (2.0.0.2) and everything is now properly default. Opening links in WM and Outlook now open in Firefox. Thanks to all for you help. "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message news:... >I have done that, and somehow when I went into program defaults (Control >Panel/Default Programs), I have to have it set to IE or it won't open under >Protocols HTTP HTTPS FTP. I can get it to work this way, but only in IE. >Funny though, both browser say they are the default. When I go into ...

Open File Dialog
In a database I use an Open File Dialog to open multiple files using an Array and then I use the Array to populate a list and process it. This works great, until I select over 7 files, at which point the array remains empty without the error handler triggering. Is there a logical reason and/or solution for this? Further research indicates that when the number exceeds 7 the following line starts giving a False instead of a True: aht_apiGetOpenFileName(OFN) ...

Opening a Word document in Outlook 2003
Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? Hello Anthony, A> Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document A> opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view A> the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting A> so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? A> Open Word 2003. Click Tools / Opt...