Accepting a meeting - want notify

Currently, when I accept a meeting with Outlook 2000, I have to then find the
meeting, open it, and then tell it to notify me 5 minutes ahead of time.

Is there a setting to set to tell Outlook to let me do this setting as I accept
the meeting?
0
howard4064 (121)

Formatting H/D want to save office????
Hi, I am going to format my primary hard drive tomorrow, but first will save most everything to the secondary drive. I am running windows XP Pro and Office XP Pro, I am not a very technical person and wonder if there is any steps I can take to make the recovery of my e-mail address's/calendar and contacts easy after I re-install windows and office. Sometimes I have a hard time finding the wab and archived files. Any help appreciated Roo Yeah but I dont want it back the way it is, I intend cleaning out all the junk, just bring up what I need, and in a months time what I dont need, just...

Using selection to add cells to formulas
OK, I've pretty well searched though here and haven't found my question or a full answer. Using Excel 10. Building up a formula in a cell by clicking on other cells to fill their addresses. The address filled in is invariably relative, when sometimes I'd like an absolute reference. I know I can hit F4 after the fact, but I'd sure like a shortcut. I've tried all sorts of key combos, thinking maybe ctrl-shift-click (or something) would give me an absolute reference. I'd be willing to use a macro, but so far as I can see, macros are not available in edit mode. Any id...

Outlook 2007: meeting request--multiple time options
Is there a way to send out a meeting request to a list of people for several time options, as to where the recipients can "accept" the meeting for the specific date/time they desire from the list? Thanks in advance bh bh <NoSpam@ReplyToGroup.com> wrote: > Is there a way to send out a meeting request to a list of people for > several time options, as to where the > recipients can "accept" the meeting for the specific date/time they > desire from the list? Thanks in advance You could certainly create each of the multiple events and then attach the...

How to track or audit meeting requests/cancelations/deletions?
As our exchange administrator I am always getting questions about meetings. Some people send a meeting to a group of people then add or remove someone and do not update all attendees. Someone else may send a meeting to a handful of people and when its canceled they delete it from their calendar but it still shows on the other attendee's calendars. A third person might change the time of a meeting but it doesn't move on other attendees calendars. To date I have been able to explain each instance by looking at each persons calendars, sometimes looking at the organizers sen...

Outlook 2007
I arrange a meeting by phone and with the contact open how do I insert the meeting details from the open contact into my calendar? I can make an appoinment but this sends an email which I do not want to do. Beemer Make the appointment but tell it not to send the meeting invite. It will ask you before it sends. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:m5xdi.7431$p8.3690@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >I arrange a meeting by ph...

I want the first cell of a column to be a running bal for that col
Hi! I am trying to set up a worksheet where I have different columns for each area in a budget (ie "Food", "entertainment", "security", etc) Column A&B = Date and decription of each item Row 1: Budget areas listed above Now I have done the "freeze frame" command so that no matter where I scroll, I ca always see Row #1. I would like to have a running balance for each column that I could also see no matter where in the worksheet I am. For Example, C1 = "Food" C2 = a running balance for how much is left in the food budget C3 - C(reall...

Assign vs accept
I have created a workflow that sends an automatic e-mail when a case is assigned to someone. This works and the user receives an e-mail that tells him he has a new case assigned to him. But, when he accepts the case, another e-mail is sent telling him exactly the same. It looks like assign and accept is the same thing and that accept is actually 'assign to yourself.' This will also create 4 e-mails in the case history, which I think is a bit much. Is there a way to avoid this? ...

i want a building estamating program
i need to have atool that estimates building cost with ease. Hi, if you do not get any help from here, you can send the info and worksheet to me and i will create it for you. It is free (till it gets boring..) See my stuff at: http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway http://au.geocities.com/excelmarksway - -Mark excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au >-----Original Message----- >i need to have atool that estimates building cost with ease. >. > ...

M2004 Accepted Adjustments During Balance
M2004 I have a hump to get over. After reading the boards, here, I discovered that one of my settings in M2004 was evil. ;-) I had it set to 'accept all transactions' so that, when downloaded, the transactions showed as an 'E' (I think - darn, I'm confused). So. I tried to get the account balanced. The marks that I had in that column were: C, E, R, and a check mark. I tried to balance from there. I 'marked as cleared' anything that appeared on my bank statement but had not been downloaded to my account. The amount by which I was away from zero varied...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

Wierd permissions error when accepting meetings (Bug?)
Using Outlook 2003, Exchange 2000 server, whenever I try to accept a meeting request I get the error: "You do not have appropriate permission in the calendar folder of Tom Smith to perform this operation." Tom Smith is the name of another invitee to the meeting. We were working on sharing his calandar at one time, so I made sure to go to his computer and remove myself as a delagate in case that was somehow interfering. Rebooted his PC, still no help. I would consider this an MS bug because I can't see how anything being done with one user should cause another user to be unab...

EXCEL 2002 clipboard
Dear all, I've upgraded to excel 2002 and whenever I copy anything the clipboard bar appears to the right of the screen showing whats on the clipboard, can this be disabled so i dont see it? Everytime I close it and restart excel and copy sometime it reappears. Thanks, Adam At the bottom of the Task Pane (when the Clipboard is showing) is an options dropdown that lets you control when the clipboard appears. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP This doesn't work either. If you have a cell highlighted for copy then paste it elsewhere, then select another cell for copy, the clipboard pa...

if i select a cell then i want row containing that cell selected
i want to copy all rows that contain a cell with certain value. Do a Data > Filter > Autofilter on the key col, filter out that certain value, then copy the filtered rows, and paste special as values/formats elsewhere as required -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Maaz" wrote: > i want to copy all rows that contain a cell with certain value. ...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

This meeting is not in the calendar, it may have been moved or del
I have a user that gets this error on every meeting sent to her. I have checked online and have not found a fix yet. is she running Outlook in cached mode? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "ghutnick" <ghutnick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35850EDB-FEC7-4E3F-95ED-760C9A2264F4@microsoft.com... >I have a user that gets this error on every meeting sent to her. I have > checked online and have not found a fix yet. > No. "Susan" wrote: > is she running Outlook in cached mode? > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > >...

Windows update sucks and adds crap that noone ever wanted
I should tell my computer when to update and shut off not MS You should take the time to teach yourself just how to to that! "Dumb is, Dumb does" >WT< "Updates are pooop" <Updates are pooop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B1C855-F563-47C5-9ACC-BBC937A5CEF8@microsoft.com... >I should tell my computer when to update and shut off not MS Then why haven't you done so?... Automatic Updates in Win7 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Change-how-Windows-installs-or-notifies-you-about-updates Automatic Updates i...

Problem with meeting request.
I know this is a strange problem but just wondered if anybody had any ideas as to why this should happen. A user received a meeting request. They accepted it. The email stayed in their inbox rather than moving to their Deleted Items and did not show up in their calendar. When they clicked the appointment in their inbox it showed as accepted at the top of the email. A few hours later they went back into the email which said that it had NOT been accepted. They then had to re-accept this - the second time it went into his deleted items and showed up in his calendar. Seems strange doesn'...

I want the start time to move, based on duration and predecessor
This is so frustrating and happens every time I copy and paste from Excel into Project and everything has the same start and end dates. I then put in my links and durations. I would like the start dates to change based on the predecessor and the duration. For example, task 2 is a predecessor for task 3. Task 2 has a duration of 2 days, from May 3 to May 4. I would like Task 3 to start on the next day and last 2 days. I change the duration, but the start time remains the same as Task 2. I don't want to have to manually change all the start dates, but I don't see a way to m...

Wanted: A Good Merchant Services provider
Hi, Can anybody recommend a good merchant services provider (someone who sets up credit card merchant accounts, issues merchant/datawire id numbers, etc.)? We have had nothing but confusing reports and horrible customer service from our current provider. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on merchant service companies who are organized, efficient and can get things done on time. Here's some qualities we are looking for: 1) Easy to read credit reports. The ones we get now are confusing as hell and our accountant is at her wits end. 2) A company that is used to working with medium s...

Meetings Dropping off Organizer's Calendar
I have users that are having meetings drop off their calendars AFTER they send an update to the meeting....any ideas? Outlook 2007 - Thanks! Are they syncing with a smartphone? Does it only happen with updates? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sync your mailbox wi...

Want websites to think you're running IE7 or IE8? Or running XP or Vista? Read on:
The following are registry entries that make websites think that you are running higher versions of IE or something other than 9x/me. Save the following three registry entries to their own .reg file, and then merge one of them into your registry as needed. The first one sets the default setting, IE6 running on win-9x/me. The second sets IE to make it appear as IE7 running on XP. The third is IE8 running on Vista. Don't forget to reverse the change, afterwards, by merging the default entry back to your registry, to remove the spoof, as some sites (like Windows Updates, fo...

Conficker infection on network
I posted a few weeks ago but have done some further work/consideration about this issue. I've just taken on a new client whose network has been left in pretty bad shape by their previous IT support provider. They have approximately 11 XP workstations and 1 SBS 2003 DC. To sum up the state they're in: - No server or workstation Windows Updates installed for a very long time (still on XP SP2) - AVG Personal Edition on all workstations, AVG SBS on the server but expired May 2010. - No logon passwords needed/very poor passwords on workstations - Conficker virus infection o...

I want to copy the same image into worksheet with a function
I wish to use a function on a worksheet to copy and image from another worksheet in the same workbook. The function "CopyImage" is listed but no help to indentify the parameters Functions return values to cells in which they reside. I do not know of a "copyimage" function. Maybe you mean the CopyPicture method in VBA? Or just copy and paste? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:35:01 -0800, Garry <Garry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to use a function on a worksheet to copy and image from another >worksheet in...

I want the items in the A column in reverse order in the B column.
I have a list of items in cells A1-A100 that are in the reverse order I need them in. So, in the B column I want cell B1 to equal to A100, B2 =A99, etc. Have you tried sorting? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "pauliep" <pauliep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B78E0542-2A6C-46C8-AC44-49B8C6BE9571@microsoft.com... > I have a list of items in cells A1-A100 that are in the reverse order I need > them in. So, in the B column I want cell B1 to equal to A100, B2 =A99, etc. Hi in B1 enter =OFFSET($A$100,-(ROW()-1),0) -- Regards Frank K...

Deleting meeting participants form invite
When I attempt to remove a participant from a reoccuring meeting, it still sends updates to all attendees even when I select "send updates to only added/deleted attendees". What am I doing wrong? ...