aaarrrgghhh!! How do I delete these @(#%#@!! error messages!

I sent an email to someone and used the wrong address -
ok I made a mistake but the same error message continues
to pop up - please tell me how to make it go away
0
anonymous (74722)

What does the error message say? Did you delete the message from the inbox?
(View, Folder list or Go, folder list to find the outbox.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"laramsey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I sent an email to someone and used the wrong address -
> ok I made a mistake but the same error message continues
> to pop up - please tell me how to make it go away

0
info2937 (567)
7/6/2004 1:35:10 AM
And the error message is???  And your Outlook version is???

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, laramsey asked:

| I sent an email to someone and used the wrong address -
| ok I made a mistake but the same error message continues
| to pop up - please tell me how to make it go away

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
7/6/2004 1:35:34 AM
The message could not be sent because one of the=20
recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-
mail address was 'warrenj@cox-internet.com'.=20
Subject 'This is for Jeanie', Account: 'mail.cox-
internet.com', Server: 'mail.cox-internet.com', Protocol:=20
SMTP, Server Response: '550 Invalid recipient:=20
<warrenj@cox-internet.com>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,=20
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Outlook 6 with xp
is???

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
laramsey asked:

>| I sent an email to someone and used the wrong address -
>| ok I made a mistake but the same error message=20
continues
>| to pop up - please tell me how to make it go away=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 2:17:45 AM
Got it thanks, I'm new to Outlook so have many simple
problems speaking of which, can you tell me how to
receive hotmail - I have a friend with a hotmail account
who can SEND but can't receive my mail - tried sending to
another hotmail account but still no luck - figure it
must be me - any (more) advise?

Guide)
>Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual
QuickStart Guide)

>Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:
http://www.slipstick.com
tips.net/

>Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in
the
>Slipstick Ratings Raffle at
http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

>"laramsey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>>I sent an email to someone and used the wrong address -
>> ok I made a mistake but the same error message
continues
>> to pop up - please tell me how to make it go away
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 2:23:24 AM
Got the answer from Diane Poremsky - I'm new to Outlook=20
so stumped by any number of astonishingly simple problems!

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 2:25:16 AM
Thank you it worked - Oh and one more little problem - I
can't send email to friends with hotmail accounts, I can
RECEIVE their mail but unable to send - any advise?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 2:28:06 AM
What ISP do you use? Are they only ones that don't get your mail? Are they
using spam filters?

--

> Thank you it worked - Oh and one more little problem - I
> can't send email to friends with hotmail accounts, I can
> RECEIVE their mail but unable to send - any advise?

0
info2937 (567)
7/6/2004 3:16:02 AM
Thus far they are the only ones not getting my mail.
My isp is cox-internet - they ARE getting mail from
another friend with same ISP. Can I adjust settings or
add HotMail to Outlook 6?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/6/2004 11:35:36 AM
OE supports Hotmail, so yes, you can add it to outlook express. :) Do your
friends have your address in their address book or otherwise whitelisted? If
they have the antispam features enabled, they may be deleting your mail
accidentally.

Try sending a message to poremsky@hotmail.com and copy it to
info@cdolive.com (so I know it was sent) and I'll see if it arrives to rule
out problems with hotmail accepting mail from your ISP.

--

> Thus far they are the only ones not getting my mail.
> My isp is cox-internet - they ARE getting mail from
> another friend with same ISP. Can I adjust settings or
> add HotMail to Outlook 6?

0
info2937 (567)

How do I block messages from one particular e-mail adress?
I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it possible to block those messages? yes. right click an email from them, Junk mail, add to junk senders list -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F371-5BC9-46D6-8979-9FB489585258@microsoft.com... >I dont want to receive e-mails from one certain adress. Is it...

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

error sending from 5.5 to 2000
When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000, they receive the following error: The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the recipient postal address was not known at this address The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060 <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1> The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server. I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377 being anything close to my problem. I checked the entr...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

When launching Outlook I recieve the following error... please he
When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error: The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. I ran the Detect and Repair and that didn't work. I ran the repair option from Add and Remove Program in Control Panel and that didn't work. I also un-installed and then re-installed Outlook 2003 and that didn't work. I'm running Windows 2000. Any ideals...? Did you have something possibly called SpamBlocker installed at some point?...

Money 2006 file repair application error

How to look at raw message
In outlook express you can view at the entire raw message but how do you do the same thing with the Outlooks that come in office, i.e., Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 etc.? I hate it when you have to downgrade ti get the same features. Rightclick in the (HTML) message and choose View Source. Note that OE is not a downgrade of Outlook but a completely different product developed by the Internet Explorer team instead of the Office team -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Serv...

Error #2950
Hi, I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table. The data is entered into the three tables via a form. I have a macro set up to create/update the single table through some make table queries and update queries of data within the first three tables. I have this macro tied a close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment. I only really need to have the single table updated daily. Do you have any good tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the qu...

is DCOM error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) not an error ?
Im checking the return value of a DCOM call by using the macro: FAILED(HRESULT). One particular function call returns the error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) if the DCOM service is down. Calling FAILED with this HRESULT returns false, meaning that it isnt an error! I think it should be reported as an error as my program cannot call ANY interfaaces beyond this point and crashes. The FAILED macro checks the HR to see if it is negative and 0x00080012 is positive!? Any suggestions? Thanks Andy ...

Exchg2003 First Storage Error
Exchange Enterprise 2003, SP1 on Win2003 - When I attempt to view the mailbox information store within First Storage Group I get an error (Id no. 80040d1b). The only ref. to this error I have found is: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817309 - checked my registry & server - they match; registry looks fine. I also am getting Veritas Exchg Info Store errors - "database corrupted". I ran the Eseutil defrag - ran successful, but still can't see mailboxes. I found MS tech net info that suggests re-installing Exchange (to repair): http://www.micr...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

Error saving a Shared Workbook
I have a user using a shared workbook and gets an error everytime she does this ONE specific change. She deletes a line and then saves and gets a message that says, "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be shutdown by Windows... blah blah blah". If she makes anyother type of changes it saves just fine. I also had another user do the SAME change and that person also got that error message. When the file is changed to "Not Shared" then the line is deleted it saves fine also. The problem is obviously with the file itself and that is shared out. can anybody ...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

Outlook error message #4
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. What's the problem? ...

Error Code 80070424 12-21-09
I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any ideas? Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem? "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E5CF0C-D31B-4034-B4A8-A8204763A623@microsoft.com... > I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the > window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any > ideas? > > Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my proble...

Installation errors. 01-09-04
I'm setting up CRM 1.2 on a completely clean test environment of windows 2000 servers. Near the end of the installation a message pops up "Setup was unable to register the security service." What could be causing this The usual story: To get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, have you tried re-registering it as follows: On your crm server, at command prompt, go to program files - microsoft crm - bin, then run these commands crmsecurityservice -u crmsecurityservice -r -s Peter Lynch "J. Bridger" <Bridger@nospam.ofllc.com> wrote in message news:0aa001c3d6...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

Error in Code
Following is some VBS code I have in my Custom Form developed in Outlook 2003. Line 61 is giving me an error stating: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages' Line No: 61 If you look Line 51 is the same method and it works fine. The funny thing is when I run the code, I get the error, I continue on to the Form, and the code after it works. The code that follows line 61 is dependent on line 61 as evident by if I ' comment it out, I get a separate error asking for objPage2. The code also works if I change the value of one of...

Active X error
I have tried removing the signature, unchecking the Smart Tags, changing the editor to Plain Text as well as to Rich text all to no avail....here is the error one of my users gets when she tries to send and email from Outlook - she can receive just fine: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: "1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or "2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page may not display correctly." ...

How do I delete an auto reply rule from Outlook
I set up an auto reply when I went on holidays. I don't know how I did it, but I just typed in the message reply and it worked. When I came to delete the rule, it was not there. I did not use a template, but somehow I managed to find something that let me do it. I have tried to replicate the rule, but I still can't. It is a POP account, but other than that I am not very computor savvy so if anyone replies, please make it simple! "grants51" <grants51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A01FE189-81BD-4857-A66B-4E7C34A4E74E@microsoft.com... &g...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

Errors found Code 80070490
This appears to be one of those problems that no one seems to have a working solution. Reinstalling an operating system is not a solution it’s a reason to change operating systems. This type of problem was not supposed to happen with Vista. Let’s see some big guns on this one! Update Error: Some Updates not installed: 2 Failed updates (KB967723, KB972145) Errors found Code 80070490 (Unknown Error) Problem signature: Problem Event Name: WindowsUpdateFailure ClientVersion: 7.4.7600.226 Win32HResult: 80070490 UpdateId: AE2C61ED-AC12-4369-BED6-4375CD79CA...

iisadmpwd change pw gives error
Just cannot get password change to work on Exchange2003 (front-end server) & IIS 6.0 Is this a known issue Any help would be greatly appreciated. It could be that you are not (yet) allow to change your password either because password change is prohibited or because user has to wait for x days before he is allowed to change his password (domain policies). Whenever you reset a password for a user and the 'Cannot change pass before X days' is enforced, the user is not allowed to change it. David. "ss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...