A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed

Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder;  Happy
as larry.  When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next
to the folder to indicate unread messages.

However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub
folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully
extended to be informed of a new email.

Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without
having the tree list expanded?

Cheers

Phil

What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, u828576 asked:

| Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder;
| Happy as larry.  When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue
| numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages.
|
| However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a
| sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the
| tree fully extended to be informed of a new email.
|
| Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder
| without having the tree list expanded?
|
| Cheers
|
| Phil

0
MillyS (3228)

Automatic Email Reply
I am going out of town and would like to have an automatic email replied to all emails that are sent to me. I know this can be done, but I just can not remember how to do it. Basically what it is, is when an email comes into my address my outlook will automatically send them an email back saying what ever I want it to. Can anyone help me????????????? Thank you What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com...

New Disk storage

Creating new attributes

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Displaying property menu at runtime
Hello, Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so that the user may interact with the control? In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after right clicking on the control) Thanks Avi "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:e2fc8178-471a-48b1-9671-fc81ca23c912@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so > that the user may interact with the control? > ...

sharing of folders

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

transferring to new pc

Reverse created rules
I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send emails from an email address directly into the deleted files. How do I reverse or delete the rule for this sender??????? If this is Outlook then select the Tools Menu > Rules Wizard > locate the Rule and delete it, if its Outlook Express then go to Tools > Message Rules "joebzii@everestkc.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c12401c4218b$fa8e7f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I inadvertantly created a rule to automatically send > emails from an email address directly into the deleted &...

Incoming email slow to come in

Do I need to migrate/replicate the Schema Public Folders to the ne
I am migrating an Exchange 2000 server to a new Exchange 2003 server hardware. I am following a document online from MSexchange.org and a MS article 307917. The MS article does not mention the need to replicate the Schema or schema-root w/ subfolder microsoft containing folders exchangeV1 and default. The MS exchange article indicates that the default and exchangeV1 folders are replicated automatically which it was not. I am a bit confused on what needs or does not need to be replicated to the new server as far as these folders are concerned. I have been trying this migration on a te...

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...

RUS>enterprise configuration displays wrong domain controller
Windows 2000 Exchange on Windows 2000 Server = mail.company.com Windows 2003 Domain Controller = alpha.company.com Windows 2000 Domain Controller = beta.company.com This mail server was a domain controller at one time. We demoted it last year. I just recently noticed in the recipient update service>enterprise configuration still lists mail.company.com as the domain controller. The rus>domain configuration was also incorrect but I was able to change it to the current domain controller, alpha.company.com by opening that item and browsing the list of domain controllers. When I attempt...