A question about Outlookexpress backup file (.dbx)

Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the
compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a
lot!
0
chance912 (1)

"Jerry" <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the
> compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a
> lot!

From where?

0
GordonBP1 (262)
9/24/2004 4:28:38 PM
Jerry <chance912@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, there. Is there anybody here know how to recover the
> compact Outlookexpress5 backup files (.dbx file)? Thanks a
> lot!

DBX files are NOT "Outlook Express backup files".  They are the files OE
uses to store messages when it's active.  See
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ and post your questions in an Outlook
Express newsgroup.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

Lists Questions
i have a list that i have 10 different accounts listed in on my form. I have it setup so that i can select multiple options. how do i get this list to show up in the actual table? I had to create this list on the form itself. is there a way to take that list that i made and convert it into a text field when i run a report? and have it display what was selected? Are you trying to put multiple accounts in the same table field? That doesn't seem right. A multi select list box will not return a value if you use it like Me.txtAccount = Me.lstAccountList You have to loop through the Item...

CRM Security Question
I am trying to enable access to a few features in our MS CRM installation (specifically New/Case and New/Article). If I log in as the Domain Administrator on our MS CRM server, I can access CRM using the "CRM Management" shortcut. Once into the CRM Web Interface, I drop down on the New menu and see "Case" and "Article" in their own section of the menu. However, if I login with my own account ID from my workstation, I do not see these options in the New menu. I have matched my login settings with the settings for the Domain Administrator in CRM (Busines...

Private EDB file
Hi, I am working with a client that has SBS2003 and is using Exchange 2003. There are 14 mailboxes with a total size of 4.5GB. When I look at the file size of the private edb, it is at 17GB. Why is there such a discrepancy and what can I do to shrink the size of the edb, so that I don't run into size limit problems. Thanks, Tom you need to perform offline defragmentation on the databases to also take a look at this site for updates SBS http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/downloads/presp1.mspx http://consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=19 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192...

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

Add-on for Sales Question
Hello, I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:10QTh.20$Da6.3@trnddc02... > Hello, > > I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I > was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would > appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Read replies to the prior thread you already ...

Budget Allocation Question
Hi Folks, I created a budget in Money 2003 and it automatically made entries for certain expenses like "Automobile: Car Payment". Then it created a sub-entry under 'car payment' showing the name of the Auto finance company - and correctly displays the amount I pay for my car payment. My problem is that there seems to be no way to allocate funds for this budget item, and it always shows up in my budget report as being "Over Budget". On other budget items, where there was no automatic entry, I can enter a budget amount for the month. But on the automatically entere...

Transferring files #4
I have re-installed all my software on a new hard disk. (The old hard disk still installed and working). How do I transfer my diary from my old disk to my new disk please? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Hi Bill, maybe this sites could help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/movepst.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicshareware.com "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:edlvnj$9gr$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... &g...

Userform Query_Close() question
Does anybody know where I can find a good reference to the userform Query_Close() function??? I would like more information on how to use the "Cancel" and "CloseMode" parameters. thank you It's pretty simple. Click the red X top right, a common way to close windows, and it's CloseMode 0. Close the form by code (like Unload Me from a button) and it's CloseMode 1. Cancel is set to stop the close operation. If a checkbox1 says "I accept the license agreement" then this code keeps the form open until the box is checked: Privat...

Suppress Backup Prompt in HQ Mgr
You can turn it off in Store Operations, but not in HQ... This cannot be a hard thing to add. Please, Mr. Microsoft, give me the option to stop the backup reminder. Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Scatter Chart Question #2
Hi Folks: I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to. When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I expect in the yellow box. My question: Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the pop-up ?? Many thanks Steve You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside turning them on and off. If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com). To show a picture you will have to r...

DataSet Question-Please Help
I need to compare the count of an amount of matches in one column to a match of a dataset in 2 columns- An example is best: Column 1 Column 2 Result 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 3 4 blank 3 5 blank So in looking at column 1 and 2 if the count of column 1 equals the count of column 1 and 2 matching then the new column equals co...

Importing .VCS file
When I attempt to import a .VCS file created by Lotus Organizer 6.0 Outlook gives me an error message stating that I do not have the rights to import such a file. I was able to import one calendar event that was saved as a .VCS file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

trouble sending large files
I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files. When I say large I mean a half meg or larger. The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point. Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and asks what I would like to do. Continue trying or stop. No matter which I pick it stays the same. Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a dial-up. Any suggestions? Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account? If broadband, are you behind a...

Bulk Extract Embedded Files
Word 2003 on XP Is there a way to extract embedded files all in one go? Like the image file extraction process described in http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm but for embedded files? Many thanks DeanH Found the following for extracting embedded word files. Haven't tried it though. Sub ExtractFiles() ' ' ExtractFiles Macro ' ' Dim shape As InlineShape Dim folderName As String Dim a As Document folderName = Replace(ThisDocument.Name, ".", "_") MkDir folderName For Each shape In ThisDocument.InlineShapes ...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

convert money plus files into money 2007
I downloaded the new trailversion of money Plus. Now I do not like the new version of money Plus . I had money 2007, but now I cannot convert my money files from the Money plus version into the Money 2007 version. What can I do? When you converted your M2007 file to M+ there was a screen message telling you that it had made a backup. You *of course* made a note of this!?!? If you didn't go and look for a file *.m16. Rename this as *.mny and reinstall M2007. Of course you will have to reinput all transactions since the conversion. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money F...

Shared file doesn't share
We have a shared file that now gives us a message that someone else is in the file and do we want to open as read only. Anybody know what might cause this? Well... YOu can set the file to read-only by right clicking on the file and choose the properties dialog box to avoi getting this error message. THis will prevent you from modifying the file kanan ...

MSFlexGrid Question
Hello everyone, I am interested in putting up a grid for testing purpose (VS2008 SP1), I first make the control available in the toolbox, Drag a flexgrid, then add a variable thru the class wizard. Let's say the variable is called m_Grid In my Dlg code, I try to do the following thing m_Grid.Clear(); // which is okay m_Grid.GetCols(); // 1>c:\users\garfield\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01dlg.cpp(179) : error C2039: 'GetCols' : is not a member of 'CMsflexgrid1' my CMsflexgrid1 class is derived from CWnd which in m...

Simple Xpath question
I posted this to the wrong group. It went to m.p.dotnet.languages.vb. Ooops. -------------------------------------------------------------------- I have this tiny problem. I have learned that an xpath expression can be bounded by either single or double quotation marks. But sometimes I want to search for a title containing both a single and double quote. Any way to do this? The user enters the title, so now it is in a String variable. How can I dynamically construct the right Xpath query to find the book with that title. <book> <title>Who's your "Daddy"<...

How do I create a pdf or txt file?
I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is there anyway to do that without the software? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Deana, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with Word problems. However, from the Save As... dialog, at the bottom is Type selection = which should ha...

dll question #5
my Win32 application call a Regular MFC dll which I want to show a dialog box. In the dll, I implement: void CDLLApp::ShowDialog() { CDialog_Dll_Main dlg; int nRet = dlg.DoModal(); } But no dialog show up. Then I step through, I find nRet=-1, Why? I fogot to add: AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154383017.058671.108130@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > I fogot to add: > > AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState( )); Did it work after adding this? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] aja...

Intermitent file problem?
Running Outlook 2003 and from time to time the frame with the Inbox list of emails and viewing pane will be blank with an error message stating the system is busy and that perhaps something else has it tied up. How can I debug and fix? ...

How do I delete excess pages from a file?
I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. What does the file look like from your end? Has it got 1,700 pages or just one? "deejai03" wrote: > I'm sending a file that I only need one page in, but the recipient has told > me that it has 1700 pages. I'm using Excel and sending with outlook. In Excel jargon a File is a workbook. A workbook can have multiple worksheets. A worksheet can have multiple pages when printed. What exactly is the...