A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored...

I recently upgraded my client's Office 2002 to SP3. Now when he opens up MS
Outlook and tries to compose an email he gets the following error:

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.
Do you want to allow this?
If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you sould choose "No".

I've researched it a bit and I can see some third party sw that you can
install to prevent the pop up. Is there a way to prevent the pop up without
uninstalling SP3 or installing more sw? They need SP3 to run an application
I built in Access 2002 SP3.

He's very frustrated. Any help would be very much appreciated.
TIA
Ted

0
tke399kh (2)

Ted, you  wrote on Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:06:07 -0500:

> Is there a way to prevent the pop up without uninstalling SP3 or
> installing more sw?

No!

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Ted" <tke399kh@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded my client's Office 2002 to SP3. Now when he opens up MS
>Outlook and tries to compose an email he gets the following error:
>
> A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.
> Do you want to allow this?
> If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you sould choose "No".
>
> I've researched it a bit and I can see some third party sw that you can
> install to prevent the pop up. Is there a way to prevent the pop up
> without uninstalling SP3 or installing more sw? They need SP3 to run an
> application I built in Access 2002 SP3.
>
> He's very frustrated. Any help would be very much appreciated.
> TIA
> Ted

0
kenslovak (742)

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

Mail Delivery in Outlook 2003
We are currently using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 mail client. One of our ask us to configure his Outlook client to delivery his mail to a pst file local to his machine, instead of leaving it in the server. This configuration workrd for a while and it suddenly stopped delivering his mail to his pst file, but just leaving them in the mail server. To make Outlook deliver his mail again to his pst file we need to enable the " Cached Exchange Mode" and configure Outlook to manually connect to Exchange. When we change the configuration back to its original state it will continue to...

Windows mail auto deleting
All of a sudden my emails are deleting automatically.Everything it thinks I have read gets deleted. Don't worry. They're not deleted. View | Current View. Check. Show All Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:660A1B3B-6A68-4833-883B-603BEF8DD03F@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my emails are deleting automatically.Everything it > thinks I have read gets deleted. How do you know they are being deleted? Are they showing up in the ...

Concurrency with Access
Hi, I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via linked tables. I also have .NET forms application that also talks to the SQL DB. I want to know how to handle concurrency in the .NET app. I don't want to have to change the Access app though Is there a method that would work for both Access and .NET? Malcolm On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:52:19 +1000, "Rotsey" <malcolm_smith@RemoveThis.optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via >linked tables. > >I also have .NET forms application that also talks to...

Automatically move mail *from* Deleted Items folder
I get a lot of email that I read quickly then delete using a swift press on the delete key which drops the mail into the Deleted Items folder. However, I never want to loose the mail so I regularly move all the mail from Deleted Items into another folder for storage. Is there any way I can get Outlook 2002 to automatically move any items that arrive in Deleted Items to another folder? I can't get it to work with the Rules Wizard as it only allows me to run rules on my Inbox. Alternatively, how do I set up a method to move the mail from my Inbox to the storage folder directly without goi...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

Windows Mail; delete selected items
When I select items in a box and try to delete them, I get the message: (Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden) An unknown error occurred. -- Kees Try these options. How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kees" <Kees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1DDCE31-D8A0-46AF-B2C7-09F69CC55A42@microsoft.com... > > When I select it...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

error 0 while exporting store from hq
Getting this error message while exporting store database from HQ even after October 2004 hotfix. An error was encountered while exporting data. Store operation database is not complete and may not work. Error 0 Sagar, You said the Oct hotfix. Do you mean hotfix # 887064 or the Nov # 887168? The Nov. hotfix says it fixes; Exporting a store from HQ database will cause an Error 0 message when HQ database is named with number. Is this the problem? If so, contact your reseller or M$ for the hotfix by opening a support incident or call 888-400-4266. -- = "Sagar Lipare" <Sa...

addtional suffix being added to e-mail address
We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an additional suffix to his e-mail address. He is the only one who has this problem. Is there a way to correct this situation. Hi - so he's connecting directly to your Exchange server via Outlook, and he has a properly configured mailbox with the appropriate default SMTP address? What is the additional suffix that's being added? BCEDA wrote: > We hook up a new worker (he has Outlook 2003) onto Exchange 2003. He > cannot send e-mails due to the server adding an a...

Querying Messages Addressed to a Domain
Dumb Question: We have a single Exchange 2003 server receiving e-mail messages addressed to domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com. We'd like to turn off domain1.com, but want to make sure messages aren't being addressed to that domain even though it's not the primary in the recipient policy. How do I search the information store for any inbound messages addressed to this domain? Can I do it on the fly over the past say 6 months or does some type of logging need to have been enabled? Thanks, Message Tracking would need to be enabled, or SMTP Protocol logging (the la...

Net Work Days in Access?
Hello all, Is there a way in access to obtains the difference in work days between two dates, similar to DateDiff only excluding weekends (and holidays)? Excel has this as NetWorkDays. I have this column: EDays: DateDiff("d",[timein],[timeout]) Which works OK except that it includes weekends. Thank You, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? ...

New users loose SMTP address
Scenario: W2k3, Exhange2k3 2 domain servers create a user on either domain controller, add the smtp address we want (from a large list), come back a few minutes later and the address will change to the system default. Notes; we dont run the smtp recipient policies as such - just a general one with all our smtp address suffixes, this problem only occurs on every four/five accounts created. At first we thought it was the individual support person, then blamed his PC, his MMC connection, now Tech servoces have found it occurrs to anyone creating large numbers of users. Thought it could be...

Disappearing Mail in Cached Mode
I have a problem at a client that I've seen described in these groups but never finally solved. The problem is that one user (only) receives mail from 2 internal scanners through SMTP into . All email from those two addresses is visible in OWA and in Outlook as long as the Outlook is not in Cached Exchange Mode. If an Outlook 2003 client is started for this user's mailbox with Cached Exchange Mode enabled, the messages form those two email addresses only never appear in that copy of Outlook and disappear from the OWA and non-cached Outlook clients as soon as the cached Outloo...

New Email addresses
I am looking for a way to change all of my users email addresses to use one standard naming convention. Currently we have a wide mix of formats. I would like to settle on firstname.lastname@domain.com Is there a tool or utility that I can use to force a change and make the new ones the default address as well as keeping the original address. thanks LDIFDE will do this. You could also add the new address to your recipient policy and force it to run, but that might have side effects you don't like. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!...

User access via remote desktop
I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client, they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login error if trying to login via remote desktop. Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user, they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client. Any ideas why this would occur? Thx, Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files? I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other users'. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template
I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word. After deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a whole page of return address labels. I just couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions? Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the label wizard? Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummie...

Range for Body of E-Mail
I am trying to use a range of cells in Excel as the body for an e-mail in Outlook. The name for the range is 'DuesReceipt'. It doesn't seem to like setting olBody to the range. Can someone help? Public olToName As String Public olccName As String Public olbccName As String Public olSubject As String Public olBody As String Public olRange As Object Public olAttach1 As String Sub SendReceipt() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olMail As MailItem Dim SigString As String Dim Signature As String Dim x...

prevent user access other mailboxes
Hello, I have inherited a small business network running exchange 5.5 with outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that even users with basic network rights (e.g domain user) can access other users' mailboxes by going: Tools -> Email Accounts -> View and Change existing email accounts -> Next -> Change (with Microsoft Exchange server highlighted) -> More Settings -> Advanced tab -> Add, where they can search and add other users' accounts. Is there a way I can prevent that for the regular users (e.g. basic domain user rights)? Thank you, DN DN, HAve a look at th...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

E-mailing a distribution list to a third party
I am having trouble following the instructions in Outlook help for sending a distribution list. Help says: Open a new message. Click the message body. On the Insert menu, click Item. In the Look in list, click the folder that contains the distribution list that you want to send. Distribution lists are saved in the Contacts folder by default. In the Items list, click the distribution list that you want to send, and then click OK. Send the message I am not finding ITEM in my drop down Insert menu! This is only available when you have Outlook as the e-mail editor. You can also dr...

storing xml in cache asp.net
Hi, Im building an asp.net website that uses xml documents for retrieval of data from a database. Can anyone give me examples on how to store xml documents in a cache and retrieve them again from a different webpage. Thanks CG ...

Outlook 2003 locks up while adding address to new mail message
I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact Manager and Word as my email editor. Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process of creating a new message and adding my first address in the To: field. I suspect that it has something to do with the AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name is not automatically recognized or displayed even though it has been previously. Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a solution? I have the latest Outlook SPs installed. Haven't seen it, but it is more likely a corrupted profile than a corrup...