THere is a message in a user's inbox that cannot be opened, deleted or
moved. How can I delete that message ?

Amila

0
amilanc (3)

Amila Chandrasekera <amilanc@spss.com> wrote:

> THere is a message in a user's inbox that cannot be opened, deleted or
> moved. How can I delete that message ?

One drastic way is to create a new PST file and copy everything from the old
file to the new, with the exception of the misbehaving message.  Then remove
the old file.

0
Tillman (1436)
12/23/2003 8:36:45 PM
did you try shift-delete?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Amila Chandrasekera" <amilanc@spss.com> wrote in message
> THere is a message in a user's inbox that cannot be opened, deleted or
> moved. How can I delete that message ?
>
> Amila

0
dianenws (1904)

Can't forward to Multiple recipients after deleting ebk.chk after restore
I am having a problem after i delete the ebk.chk file after my exchange 5.5 server went down. What i did was, i delete ebk.chk file because the Information system store services would not start. After moving the ebk.chk files out services start to work again. I got everything up and running except forwarding to mulitple people with attachments. The message that i get is "System Administrator, None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" Any help with this will be greatly appreciate it ...

moving only the radio button with the arrow keys
I sometimes inadvertently, when trying to move a choice in an option group move the label without the option (radio button). Obviously, I can hit the undo button but I was trying to figure out a more precise way to move the radio button without moving the label. For example, if I want to move the button over 2 spaces or down 1 space the only way I can see to do that is "grab" the red square and move it with the mouse. I would like to be able to do this with the up/down/left/right arrow keys on the keyboard as this is more precise/more easily reproducible. There must be some co...

Change System Administrator message?
In E5.5, can the System Administrator message that starts "Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator." be changed? Our Help Desk wants something a little less generic. Thanks in advance, folks. Larry Wahlers Concordia Technologies The International Center The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod St. Louis, Missouri USA Larry Wahlers <Larry.Wahlers@concordiatech.org> wrote in news:3svr30pt7opb3seq55pa5rtgcfh4u5huik@4ax.com: > In E5.5, can the System Administrator message that starts "Your > mailbox has exceeded one or more size limi...

Delete pagefile.sys
I want to delete my pagefile and can not do Chanding to no page file and rebooting does not delete the page file tried everything , when I tried to delete it , it tell some other program is using it Tried deleting it in safe mode no good. There must be a away to delete I can scan for it and it shows where it is. But I can not delete it. Thanks Bob The page file is part of the operating system and cannot be deleted. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Bob wrote: > I want to delete my pagefile and can not do > Chanding to no page file and rebooting does not delete the...

the messaging interface has returned an unknown error
Hi, When i do a reply all or print it gives me this error: the messaging interface has returned an unknown error Any suggestions? thanks Have you tried using Detect and Repair from the Help menu? "Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51829E9E-F3E4-4027-84C1-0E44CB633C08@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When i do a reply all or print it gives me this error: > > the messaging interface has returned an unknown error > > Any suggestions? > > thanks ...

Deleting MS Outlook Icon
I'd like to delete the Outlook icon from my desktop, (Outlook, not Outlook Express). But the problem is it's not a shortcut icon and when I click on "delete" I get the following message: "The Outlook Desktop icon provides special functionality and we recommend that you do not remove it." I'm not trying to delete Outlook, all I want is get rid of the icon on the desktop. have no idea what might happen if I just go ahead and delete it, so that's what I'm asking. Thanks in advance for any help I can get. It's okay to remove it. If you're us...

Moving programs into folders
I moved my Wordpad program out of the Accesories folder onto my desktop. Now, I want to put it back into the Accesories folder which is in my start menu. How do I do that? "Accessories" is just another folder on your hard drive, you just need to find a way to navigate to it. If you right-click on "Accessories" you'll probably see options like "Open All Users" or "Explore All Users". Either of those will open a Windows Explorer view of the Programs menu to which you can Copy/Move items. Oh, btw, this newsgroup is for questions related to Mi...

How do I delete text to right of a comma in a range of cells?
I have a long list of addresses and need to separate out the city and state, which got merged all into one cell. Need to import data into Streets and Trips and want to delete all city and state info out of the address cells. Please assist. Mike Select the column with your data in and ensure that ythe next column is empty. Go to Data>Text to Columns and choose delimited, then comma. Assuming your data is in column A you should get city in A and state in B. -- Ian -- "Mike M." <Mike M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4DE8E5-4455-4611-8364-55D61234A...

recall message option missing
Hi all, I sent a message to one of my friends which i want to recall. As i believe in Microsoft outlook 2000 SR1 which i am using if i go to sent message and there if i click on that message and in the message window i should have a option at Action->Recall message, which will recall the message if the reader has not read it. But In my outlook that particular option is missing. Should i do something more? On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:40:29 -0800, "Ash" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > > I sent a message to one of my friends which i wa...

Deleted items in ESM
Hello, Exch2003 sp2, server 2003 sp1 My problem is that I have items showing up in the mailbox store > mailboxes > deleted items colum. Under my account there are 95 MB of Deleted items. I have emptied the deleted items and went to recovery deleted items and cleaned that out as well. Our retention for deleted items is 14 days and it has been 21 days since I emptied everything out. Any thoughts? TIA ....Eric is the nightly online maintenance process completing successfully? "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14104D91-3B12-4ABD-95AA...

Half inbox now showing blank messages
I don't tend to keep a lot of emails, but there are a few things that I keep. This morning, I opened my inbox and went to view a couple of older emails. Eight emails from February 2nd, 2010 through January 29th, 2010 are blank, only a date appears. I have emails older than those dates, from January 29th, 2010 to August 2009, which are only 7 emails. I closed Outlook, restarted the computer, and am still having the problem. I am running outlook 2007, I have an MSN email account, run Windows XP Media Center, service pack 3. I have not added any new programs in awhile and ...

Intelligent Message Filter ver 2. Not sure if its enabled or even installed correctly.
I recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP2. Before doing this I uninstalled IMF ver 1 as instructed. How can I check whether IMF ver 2 was installed correctly with the SP2 and running properly? There is no longer anything in the SMTP protocols in Exchange System Manager that says Instant Message Filter, although there is still the IMF tab in the Message Delivery. Is it possible that the IMF ver2 didn't install with SP2? How can I install and enable it? The only reference I can seem to find refers to ver1. Many thanks in advance. "Barry Johns" <b.johns@carltonpressgroup.com&...

Runtime error when deleting a message
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" Error Message When Deleting a Message ...

How do I delete the page watermark in the page break preview?
I have a spreadsheet that, when printed and viewed in normal mode, does not show the "page 1" watermark in the middle of the sheet. In the page break preview view, the "page 1" watermark obscures some text-- and, unfortunately for me, this view is the one other people will use once I protect the sheet. Is there any way for me to delete this watermark. I have tried to modify the print settings in "page setup" to no avail! Please, help! Hi fragilemouse, I believe that is the purpose of Page Break preview. Try increasing the Zoom to 100 or 200% to read the nu...

Edit, Delete command buttons next to each record
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform showing records from a table. Would it be possible to put command buttons next to each record, without having to hard-code a set number of cmd buttons, and showing on scrollable data within this subform? Furthermore, when clicking the Edit cmd button, it should open another form and populate this with the selected record... how can I achieve this? Thank you kindly! -- The Psyber Fox http://www.psyberconsulting.co.za ...

I keep getting the same email message over and over again
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: pop I received an email about 5 hours ago with a large file attached. The same message has been coming in over and over again and I can't get it to stop. Is this a problem on my end or the sender's? I can send emails out and get emails coming in, but it's really clogging my inbox. I've quit Entourage and opened it up again, but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks. On 2010-04-15 09:42:59 -0400, annah@officeformac.com said: > The same message has been coming in over and over again and I can't get ...

protecting specific designated emails from auto-archiving/deleting
(Outlook 2007) New to Outlook. Emails are coming into in-box and organized by received date and grouping. Would like to take advantage of auto archiving/deleting but want certain emails to resist deletion with the auto feature and also be moved to a message specific folder. Is there someway to flag an email so that it can't be deleted with auto-deleting? -- Barry Mark the folder that you are moving these emails to for Never Archiving. = Then ensure you don't have universal archiving set. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

How to prevent Excel from deleting leading zeros?
I have exported some data off my phpMyAdmin with one field containin leading zeros. As soon as I open in MS Excel, the leading zeros ar stripped off. How do I prevent this from happening -- ljCharlie Save the export as text, then open text file from excel and the text import wizard will start, then it step 3 you can set import to text under column data format. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ljCharlie" <ljCharlie.1xsctn@news.officefrustration.com> wrote in message news:ljCharlie.1xsctn@news.officefrustration.com... > > I have exported some data off my phpMyAdmin with o...

Odd Error Message when Inserting File
When I insert a file into an outgoing email Outlook displays the error message "could not open one or more attachments." In spite of that, the file is attached to the email. There is no visible indication of the attachment in the email as it is composed but the attachment is shown when the email arrives and can be opened by its recipient. This annoyance occurs with all file types and with both HTML and plain text email styles. Any ideas before I uninstall/reinstall the entire Office package? Windows XP SP2, Outlook from Office 2000 Pro SP3. ...

Error message on saving a file with math objects in Word 2007
When I write a document with several mathematical objects in Word 2007 I can easily save the document. But after a while, as the document becomes larger and more complex (with dotted lists and other paragraphs), the program won't save the document anymore. The error message says: "A file error has occurred [file path]". Can somebody please tell me what happens, or just tell me what to do? ...

Moving groups
How do I move mailenabled groups from e2k sp3, to exchange 2003 sp1? I can move users in ADUC just fine. TIA, Eric Don't need to - groups reside in AD. (So do users, but users have mailboxes on Exchange - you're actually moving mailboxes. Groups don't have one.) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE6DF025-ED0D-4196-8084-928260B93FAB@microsoft.com... > How do I move mailenabled groups fr...

deleted 2 columns by mistake
I have deleted 2 columns of info and have saved - is there anything I can do ! argh! Only if you're on a company network or suchlike that backs it up, otherwise if you overwrite the file, that's it I'm afraid, Sorry, Alan. "Lang8er" <Lang8er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D94955-47A5-4B96-8A1D-3F09235FD761@microsoft.com... >I have deleted 2 columns of info and have saved - is there anything I can >do > ! argh! scream & yell? afraid not! "Lang8er" <Lang8er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32D9...

deleting page numbers
I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a page as well as in the upper right corner. How do I get rid of the center bottom page numbers? Double-click in the footer area at the bottom of the page to activate it. Click on the page number to select it, and press Delete. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. johmont wrote: > I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a > page as well as i...

How to delete embedded object
I inserted an embedded object into my spreadsheet (a calendar control 9.0) and can't seem to find how to delete it. How would you remove it? I already saved the file so I can't do an undo anymore. Open the XL file and go to any toolbar and right click. Select the 'Control Toolbox'. In the resulting floating toolbar, select the little 'set square' looking button, (design view) and you will now be able to delete it. Dismiss the toolbox and save the file -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS Hall w...

import messages
I exported my messages which I have in organized in different folders to a file inbox.pst and then saved it to a CD. I then saved the file on my harddrive of the reformatted computer. I am now trying to import the messages. I saved it as a pst file, but when I try to import it, says it is not a pst file. Any suggestions on how to open or import it? Thanks, Dave Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I exported my messages which I have in organized in > different folders to a file inbox.pst and then saved it > to a CD. I then saved the file on my harddri...