A Different Question About Colors

I  use Outlook 2003 SP-2

I started using the Organize tool to assign colors to mail from
certain people.  I now find that I�d like to change or eliminate the
colors for certain of those people, and it won�t let me.
It�ll say Done!  As it always does, but the colors don�t change.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

sox_fan (2)

Customization Guide Question
Does the customization guide outline how to create and listen for COM Objects to interface your own software to Store Ops. Seems like a lot of hassle to get a copy of it, so want to make sure its worth it. Does it refer to the COM Objects available to developers, and how to use them??? Not many code examples ad the ones there are in VB6, but yes it does define the interface and provide object references. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all re...

Question on sql script
Could someone please help, I have started a new position in reporting, and I'm major learning on the job. I need to create a script to extract data from a single table. The fields are Customer, Units, Sales. The problem I'm having is the following. I know that I need to do some type of pivot query to extract the data in the way requested. See Below (Requested Results) Customer Units08-09 Sales08-09 Units09-10 Sales09-10 DiffUnits Diff Sales I have created a sample script with a temp table and data and what I have come up with so far, but I just can't f...

Outlook PST question
Hi, I have a user (Boss, actually) and he wants to take his emails home on a CD. (You know what they're like...) The setup here is this : Boss is on a XP laptop PC in the office. Mail server is Exchange, but only internal. Not accesible from outside. (We plan to add MX in May.) External mail is grabbed from the ISP by a POP mail grabber. Outlook account on PC is using cache. (I think I'm right in thinking that if he took his laptop home he would still find his mails on it. Because they're synchronised in an OST ? I think, never tried that.) The only thing I can see him doing ...

Message tracking question
Hello there, We've recently setup an Exchange 2007 server for our organization and things seem to be working smoothly. We've set the server up to accept only emails that are directed to someone on our domain. So only someone@ourdomain.net would be allowed through. This seems to be working. The problem I've noticed is that when we look at our tracking logs, we receive hundreds of messages for random names on our domain in the receive logs. Is this normal? In one day we had over 500 emails. These aren't even accounts that are trying to find someone like js...

cell fill colors in excel spreadsheet
Why can't I view cell fill colors in my excel 2002 spreadsheet? Hi do you have high contrast enabled? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shane561" <Shane561@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C9142740-114B-4478-95B3-28D646203282@microsoft.com... > Why can't I view cell fill colors in my excel 2002 spreadsheet? If the high contrast setting is turned on you won't see the fill colour. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.micro...

open to a certain sheet tab in a different workbook
Hello All, I am try to do some coding to open to a certain tab in a different workbook. I am creating the sheet tab name that I need to open with concatenate (the name has three parts to it based on what the user select). The cell has a name (sheettab1but the value in the cell will change). Is it possible to use the value in sheettab1 to open to a certain tab in a different workbook? Thanks This assumes that the "other" workbook (a.xls) has already been opened. We get the tab name from the Named Cell, activate a.xls and activate the proper tab: Sub Macro1() s = Range(&q...

Userform question #3
Is it possible? instead of having the x disabled on a userform to have it fire up a userform instead? Thanks Greg Look at QUeryCloser in help for a form. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:d6242c$31e$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is it possible? > > instead of having the x disabled on a userform to have it fire up a userform > instead? > > Thanks > > Greg > > ...

question about artilce
hi all If i follow this artilce to setup OWA so i dont have to enter user@domainname.com will this alos work for the OMA site? its a pain in the but to have to type your username@domainame.com on a pda. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html Thanks Skip ...

3 Questions
Hello everyone... here goes... 1) I want to know how to nest text functions. I have test that is i Proper form and has extra spaces, I would like to change it to UPPE case and Trim the extra spaces. How would I do this? 2) I have date cells formatted mm/dd/yyyy, I would like to change the to yyyymmdd. How would I do this? 3) I want to limit the amount of characters in a cell (i.e. only 1 characters in one cell). How could I only allow a certain amount o characters in a cell OR How could I get Excel to count the amount o characters in a cell? Thanks for you help! Kell -- KellyMcG0 -----...

SFO Question ...
Hi there! Quite often the Outlook menu buttons "New CRM Contact", "New CRM Task", New CRM Appointment" or some of them, do not function. Is this happening to any of you? I have noticed that, whenever this happens, when I go offline, the CRM cannot syncronise the corresponding items to the button that is inactive. For example when I cannot create a new CRM Contact from Outlook, I cannot import CRM Contacts by syncronization... Any help? Thanks a lot, Elena Hello Elena You have to reinstall the 4 mscrm forms for outlook. You can find them under Tools/Options/Advanc...

Table default value question
Can a table default value be the value from a loaded form? Here is my dilemma, whenever I create a new record via a form, I have codes to detect the user’s LAN ID and store this information in a field called CreatedBy. However, now I can collect data via e-mail and automatically upload the information into Access and you already know what there will not be a CreatedBy data. Therefore, I think if I could place the CreatedBy default value directly from the table to look up the user name already loaded in the database “Welcome Screen” that will save user LAN ID regardless how the da...

Two different totals in one cell
C D L O P Q R H, AL A, AL A A P SF H, AL 1.0, 1.0 1.0, 1.0 7.50 8.5 0.00 0.00 1.0, 2.0 As you can see, “A” (shown in columns D and L) and “AL” (shown in columns C and D) are in two separate columns; I would like to show their totals in two separate columns, i.e, O (totals of all “A”) and R (totals of “AL”) in the example above. Try these: =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*A*") =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*AL*") Hope this helps. Pete On May 4, 4:27=A0pm, something68 <somethin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > C =A0 =A0 =A0 D =A0 =A0 =A0 L =A0 =A0 =A0 O ...

sapi question
Hi guys, I'm playing now with microsoft SAPI voice engine and as I see the quality of voice is not good, sound robotic. Can somebody advise if based on that engine is it hard to develop better quality voice system? What it take to do so? I don't want to use third party. thanks This one is a front end for SAPI, but I think you get better results: http://www.speechstudio.com/suite.htm This also looked intersting: http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/ And then of course there's always: http://www.voicerecognition.com/dragtool.html Tom "Azja" <azja@yahoo...

Upgrading Question?
When I bought my iMac, I also purchased & installed both Nova- Parallels and a full version of Windows XP Home in order to use MS Office 2000 which was on a pc that I used prior the the iMac purchase. I have been using my iMac for nearly a year now, along with both Office 2000 and Apple's iWork '06 with Pages on an aviation related newsletter and records associated with aviation related events; among other interests. Writing to the pc side with Office 2000 programs and Apple programs has kept files separated and somewhat easy to work with, but Office 2000 is out of date and in...

Simplest Question
Hi everyone I have this macro below that creates charts automatically and it works so far with no problems. I have 4 sheets Sheets("V","$","RU","Chart") Currently all the charts gets created below the actual data sheet "$". Q: How do I alter or add to this macro in order to make the chart in sheets("Chart") instead of sheets("$") ? Thanks alot for your help. regards, James Sub Graph() Dim L As Single, T As Single, W As Single, H As Single Dim i As Long, cnt As Long Dim X As Long, xx As Long, lastRow As Long Dim gap ...

newbie question: null
Hi, Pls bear with me as I am very new to C#. Would appreciate some insite on this: I have a string[][] A I have a method that goes something like this string[][] bla() string[][] x = null; { try { ...some code.. } catch { ...a COM exception.. } return x; } The idea being that I can check for null if an exception occurred, the exception itself is expected and I want to ignore it. (this is all in some loop) When I do A = bla(); and check for A with if (A != null), the code following will still run, even if (or so the debugger tells me), A is null. When...

Generating an RGB color spectrum based on cell values (XL03)
I have a (26 x 60+) grid of values . I need to be able to visually identify repeat values, so I'm looping through the cells and assigning a color based on the value. To be as efficient as possible, I decided to use the cell value to drive the color code directly; I don't care what number gets what color, as long as adjacent numbers don't get the same (or similar) color. The grid values range from 1 to 80 (integers). Adjacent cells are very likely to have adjacent values (e.g. 1 and 2, 2, and 3) up to a spread of about 4 (or so) at one corner of the grid. A ...

Excel Xp's question
Dear all, Do you know why when i would like to count a num of column in B and set the formula count(B7:B45), it appears green flat at the right bottom corner. When mouse over the corner, a warning msg with something about "adjacent cell" error is prompt! Do any one know why and how to solve it? Actually i have tried to open the same file in excel2k's version, but not problem occure...Pls help! Thanks You're seeing Excel 2002's background error checking feature. It is controlled by Tools, Options, Error Checking. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Access violation error
Hello, I've been trying to fix this heap memory error for about 12 hours and I'm starting to pull my hair. Can you guys help me before I go bald? Since it's a memory heap error: HEAP[WebMedia.exe]: Heap block at 003376A8 modified at 003376EC past requested size of 38 I'm having a very hard time figuring it out what exactly is causing it. I tried to remove as much code as possible while keeping the error still there. Then I tried to use "AppVerifier", "gflags", "Windbg" to understand where the error is coming from with very little success. I'...

Need instructions for coping existing macro vba and creating a new macro on a different machine
I have a macro that I want to e-mail someone. I copied it and pasted it into a .txt file. I also want to send instructions for inserting the macro to be used with all documents. Not sure if they have 2003 or 2007! I've been looking on the Internet for some simple instructions for adding a macro when you already have the vba but can't find anything that really fits. Can you help me get such instructions? Thanks The instructions you need are at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm. The instructions are very nearly the same for Word 2003 and 2007...

Permission Question
Hi All, Just want to make sure this is right. Assuming that an admin has full control over the OU he manages. If the admin was delegated "Exchange View Only Administrator" role on an Exchange Admin Group. He will be able to create mailbox-enabled user AD account (in his OU) in any mailbox stores residing in the Exchange server under that Admin Group? Thanks, Alex <EF@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Assuming that an admin has full control over the OU he manages. > >If the admin was delegated "Exchange View Only Administrator" role on an >Exchange Admin ...

Outlook 2003 flags lose color
I use Outlook 2003 to manage my AOL email. I color code flags by important emails. All of the red, yellow, green and blue flags I used to mark important messages are now a shade of off-red or orange. I need to get the flags back to the original color so I can determine which emails I have responded to and which I still have to respond to. It's for business, and it would be highly unprofessional to ask the client if I responded to their most recent email or handled their task. Can someone please help me restore the proper color to these flags? In Office 2007, On the Message ...

Electronic update shows different Ledger balance than bank
I have an account where my Bank's Ledger is being displayed as a higher value than my Adjusted balance in Money 2005. The thing is, my Adjusted balance IS correct and the Bank's website shows that same ammount as my REAL Ledger. Any Ideas? Other accounts from that bank are working fine, but they have far fewer transactions. ...

Question regarding absolute and relative links in .XLS
Quick question I am hoping someone might be able to assist with, Our users have a joint excel workbook that is linked to other .docs and ..xls's, so when they open their workbook it fills in the excel lines automatically via a formula that obtains that info from the other documents. If they open the excel workbook from a UNC folder, ie. \\server\\share\workbook.xls - it works great. However, if they open it via relative (mapped) drive folder, ie. I:\fin\workbook.xls - the formulas dont work properly and they just get a whole bunch of NA's instead of data. My Question: Is there a wa...