A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?

Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007?
If so, how to add.....
Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom
used and the other for daily use.
I do not use enterprise, just ppo.
tia

shellyf wrote:

> Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007?
> If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain
> e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use.

Point to the Contacts folder.  Right-click.  Add new subfolder and name
whatever you like.  Now you have another contact-type folder.  If you
want it listed in the Outlook Address Book (OAB), actually a container
pointing at contact-type folders that are enabled for inclusion,
right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
the option to include that folder in the OAB.

The OAB will show whatever contact-type folders have been opted for
inclusion.  You have to select which folder in the "Show names in the"
field when you look at the OAB.  Under OAB's Tools->Options menu, you
can select which contact folder is listed first in the list (which one
is selected by default).

(The above works in OL2003.  Navigation may be different in OL2007.)
0
V4521 (722)
9/7/2011 2:22:25 AM
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:22:25 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
>the option to include that folder in the OAB.

Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in Offfice
shellyf wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
>> the option to include that folder in the OAB.
>
> Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in
> Offfice 2007

Were you able to create another contact-type folder?

If so, when you right-click on the new contact-type folder, is there an
OAB tab?  If you did not create a *contact* type of folder then there
won't be an OAB tab (where you can elect to include the contact-type
folder in the OAB container).  The OAB tab is used to specify if that
contact-type folder will get listed in the OAB container which lists the
enabled contact-type folders.  E-mail, journal, and notes folders are
not lists of contacts so they aren't eligible for inclusion in the OAB
container.

The TYPE of the folder matters.  Make sure you selected Contacts for
the type of folder when you created a new folder.  When adding a new
folder, make sure the "Folder contains" is set to "Contact Items" to
create a contact-type folder.  See the "Create New Folder" dialog for
OL2007 shown at:

http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/outlook07/folders

Notice the value of the "Folder contains" selection.  No, you don't
want to create an e-mail type of folder (as shown).  You want to create
a contact type folder because that's the type of folder that can be
included in the OAB container which lists the contact-type folders.
0
V4521 (722)
9/8/2011 3:24:30 AM
On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:24:30 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>shellyf wrote:
>
>> VanguardLH wrote:
>>
>>> right-click on the new contact-type folder, under OAB tab, and enable
>>> the option to include that folder in the OAB.
>>
>> Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in
>> Offfice 2007
>
>Were you able to create another contact-type folder?
>
>If so, when you right-click on the new contact-type folder, is there an
>OAB tab?  If you did not create a *contact* type of folder then there
>won't be an OAB tab (where you can elect to include the contact-type
>folder in the OAB container).  The OAB tab is used to specify if that
>contact-type folder will get listed in the OAB container which lists the
>enabled contact-type folders.  E-mail, journal, and notes folders are
>not lists of contacts so they aren't eligible for inclusion in the OAB
>container.
>
>The TYPE of the folder matters.  Make sure you selected Contacts for
>the type of folder when you created a new folder.  When adding a new
>folder, make sure the "Folder contains" is set to "Contact Items" to
>create a contact-type folder.  See the "Create New Folder" dialog for
>OL2007 shown at:
>
>http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/outlook07/folders
>
>Notice the value of the "Folder contains" selection.  No, you don't
>want to create an e-mail type of folder (as shown).  You want to create
>a contact type folder because that's the type of folder that can be
>included in the OAB container which lists the contact-type folders.
Ok, it took 3 tries, but I got a new contact folder named archived
Contacts. Thanks.
Next question, I have about 100 e-mail addresses, etc which I would
like to move from my 'normal' address book to the new archived
contacts address book.
What method would y'all use to move them; I obviously don't want the
to re-generate all of them.
I was thinking of a way to duplicate the entire address book, and then
delieting the ones that I don't want in the new archived contacts
address book.
tia
shellyf_DELETE_@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:24:30 -0500, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>>shellyf wrote:

>>> Thanx, but can't find oab tab under new contact type folder in
>>> Offfice 2007
>>
>>Were you able to create another contact-type folder?
>>
>>If so, when you right-click on the new contact-type folder, is there an
>>OAB tab?  If you did not create a *contact* type of folder then there
>>won't be an OAB tab (where you can elect to include the contact-type
>>folder in the OAB container).  The OAB tab is used to specify if that
>>contact-type folder will get listed in the OAB container which lists the
>>enabled contact-type folders.  E-mail, journal, and notes folders are
>>not lists of contacts so they aren't eligible for inclusion in the OAB
>>container.
>>
>>The TYPE of the folder matters.  Make sure you selected Contacts for
>>the type of folder when you created a new folder.  When adding a new
>>folder, make sure the "Folder contains" is set to "Contact Items" to
>>create a contact-type folder.  See the "Create New Folder" dialog for
>>OL2007 shown at:
>>
>>http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/outlook07/folders
>>
>>Notice the value of the "Folder contains" selection.  No, you don't
>>want to create an e-mail type of folder (as shown).  You want to create
>>a contact type folder because that's the type of folder that can be
>>included in the OAB container which lists the contact-type folders.
> Ok, it took 3 tries, but I got a new contact folder named archived
> Contacts. Thanks.
> Next question, I have about 100 e-mail addresses, etc which I would
> like to move from my 'normal' address book to the new archived
> contacts address book.
> What method would y'all use to move them; I obviously don't want the
> to re-generate all of them.
> I was thinking of a way to duplicate the entire address book, and then
> delieting the ones that I don't want in the new archived contacts
> address book.
> tia

Highlight and drag doesn't work?
0
V4521 (722)

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

Excel 2007 and XML with inline schema
Hi. I have XML data that I want to be more user-friendly when its opened in excel. The user can create a web Query which will return the xml to them - ( pointing to the URL with the XML information)- and they can refresh the query each time they open the document in excel. Unfortunately- they have to format the data in excel manually. I wanted to associate an inline schema with the data to format the date cells, number cells etc. but the schema is not recognised in Excel. I have been just trying to get excel to recognise an inline schema- is this possible in the Excel? Any information regardi...

Create an Address List Based on Group Membership of Users
Hello, I'm trying to do what is described in Knowledge Base Article - 321723; however, in step 5a I don't have the Group Membership option to click on. Any other ideas as to how to go about creating address lists based on group membership of users? Hmmh, I'm not sure why it doesn't show up in yours but you could also create a custom ldap filter to do the same thing. In this example that I created for someone else, we return a list of all users, groups, public, folders, contacts that do not have a mailnickname beginning with dallas. See article 255602 for more on ldap ...

Office Outlook 2007
In Task section, when you click on your client and add photos of their purchases, they just show as generic icons. Is it possible to make them show as real thumbnails? Annoys me a lot being an artist. You are in the wrong newsgroup Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general&cat=en_US_db03bd1f-73aa-41e1-abfd-27a6e3c352e5&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Marice" <Marice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96D9300-619C-43C2-8503-17C12A2883CB@microsoft.com... ...

get 2nd occurence value
Match function fetches row number of 1st occurence of a value in a range,How to get 2nd or 3rd or later occurences of that value in a range? Assuming that A1:A100 contains your data, and that B1 contains your lookup value, try the following for the second occurrence... =SMALL(IF(A1:A100=B1,ROW(A1:A100)-ROW(A1)+1),2) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. For the third occurrence, change the 2 at the end of the formula to 3. Hope this helps! In article <6FC05ACF-01DA-43C1-B3AF-252211D1BF47@microsoft.com>, TUNGANA KURMA RAJU <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.micro...

exporting contacts from newer Outlook to older Outlook
A friend is attempting to copy his Contacts from one Outlook installation to another. He exported his Contacts to a *.pst file and then attempted to import them but got a message to the effect that the pst file was not compatible with the version of Outlook he was attempting to import into. The receiving Outlook is Outlook 2002. He isn't sure, but thinks that the originating Outlook is Outlook 2003. What's the recommended way to get Contacts from a newer version, such as Outlook 2003, into Outlook 2002? -- Lem Lem wrote: > A friend is attempting to copy his Contacts fro...

Finding Contacts
I am running Outlook 2003 w/SBS2003. I have a number of contacts in my main contact list. I am trying to use the "Find a Contact" box on the toolbar. However, I have only intermittent success. There are times that I type in a name in the Find a Contact box that I have in my contact list only to have Outlook tell me that "Outlook could not find the requested contact." I have searched high and low for a solution. I have played/adjusted my address book settings. I have made sure that the main contact list that holds the existing (but "not found") contacts is s...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Db template that can handle making book indices?
Does anyone know if there is a template that can be used to create printed book indices? The indices are those pages usually found at the back of books that allow you to find information in any book quickly and easily. The difficulty is that some books, as an example even cookbooks, don't have a comprehensive enough index so it would be nice to create one's own esp. for books we use quite frequently where we'd like to create a booklet we tuck into the book so that when we go to do research, we can find anything. As an example, I'd like to use a cookbook because it...

How do I eliminate duplicate addresses from my address book?
-- DickW Post a clear detailed question in the body of the post, including why you think you have duplicates. From what little you have posted I am guessing that you are mistaken and do not even have duplicates in the Outlook address book. Provide the evidence that you do, and include your Outlook version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Little Richard" <littlerichard@pactcenter.org> wrote in message news:1E926250-CCCC-4831-B0FF-5002C46D05FA@microsoft.com... > > -- > DickW ...

contacts 04-30-10
Both the on-line (signed in) and off-line CONTACTS lists have been updated from a CSV file and are identical. But when a new message is composed, and TO is clicked, the address choices shown are from an earlier CONTACTS incarnation. What is that file, and how can it either be updated or deleted, in order to reflect the correct CONTACTS list? Thanks The TO should show the same contacts that you would see if you open the contacts in WLM. There is one thing to be aware of. If a contact has multiple e-mail address (e.g. Personal, Work, etc.) each of those will show up as a...

Trial version keeps asking for key
I downloaded the 60-day free trial and typed in the key that I got in the Getting Started email. It seems to have worked. But whenever I start up Powerpoint, I'm asked to enter the key again. It doesn't accept the key that was emailed to me (and yes, I used cut and paste). The strangest part is that the email says it's Office Professional 2007 and the window that asks for the key says it's the Home and Student version. "gsacks" <gsacks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F710E14-1B0D-4C68-828E-A84AB254CFAC@microsoft.com... > I...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Desktop Search & Outlook 2007
Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have the Desktop Search installed and not have it taking up space on the Task Bar? if you mean that window on the left side yes, right click the task bar and I think you can turn it off from the toolbars menu. The little icon on the right will remain running and you can use that to open the search Bill "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message news:eM2cGQ$SHHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Pro all updates applied. Office 2007. Is there a way to have > the Desk...

double address import check
Hi, Microsoft CRM has a nice function to import new addresses into CRM. Only minus is that it won't check for double addresses. I'm curious if someone has a great solution for this. Some nice MS CRM add-on which can check if their are possible double addresses in the database. kind regards, Michel www.notetaker.nl version 3 will have some nice features for identifying and merging duplicate records. Dave "Michel//www.notetaker.nl" <info@nospamnotetaker.nl> wrote in message news:ex%236GQMpFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Microsoft CRM has a ...

Set Form height at Runtime Access 2007 Runtime
I want a fixed number of records in my detail section no matter the size of the window. I put: Form.Section(acFooter).Height = Me.InsideHeight - (Form.Section(acHeader).Height + numrows * Form.Section(acDetail).Height) in my load event code. It works great when I am running the development code, but when I run it in runtime the detail height is at the default height. Any ideas? Thanks OK --- more information ---- When I put a ribbon on the form all is well. How can I figure out if there is a ribbon displayed while in runtime? In a .accdb file there is always a ...

How do I get rid of IP address conflict?
A message keeps popping up stating I have an IP address conflict - Network Error. How do I get rid of this from popping up all the time? This is a Windows network problem, nothing at all to do with Microsoft Word. Ask in a networking forum, for instance http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Susan Huyck wrote: > A messag...

Outlook 2007 help problem

Excel 2007 question
I recently upgraded to excel 2007. Whenever I open one of my spreadsheets I get a warning bar that says Security warning automatic update of links has been disabled. However I do not see links any where. How I can quickly locate them. Thanks ...

How do I get certificates to use to send from email addresses???
Everything seemed to go well in setting up email addresses in outlook. They tested fine and I have no problem receiving messages in outlook. The problem comes when I try to send messages .... and I've tried sending from outlook using each and every email address I've set up. This is the message I get: "Microsoft Outlook could not sign or encrypt this message because you have no certificates which can be used to send from the email address mpenza17@verizon.com." I've tried going to sites and downloading certificates. They don't seem to appear in outlook??? A...

SCSI Address
So I have a WDM driver for my SCSI device. The device attaches to a SCSI bus and allows interface to external sensors and I/O (*not* a disk or CD, but still classified as a 'storage' device under WINDDK). It has more than one Logical Unit Number in the actual device. How do I get the LUN from the Irp or SCSI Address so I can load it into the CDB ? Thanks Look at IOCTL_SCSI_GET_ADDRESS. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr Remove StopSpam to reply &...

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

office 2007: how to remove ribbon and get 2003 style menus?
Is there a way to turn off the ribbon and get back the same menus as office 2003? I'm tried of playing hide and seek. The ribbon feature is counter productive for me. This typifies microsoft software: features are added not necessarily to help users, but so that there are new features to brag about. Perhaps a new feature for the next office would be 2003 style menus. Ok, so their usability test says the ribbons help new users. Even if this is true, why make grumpy old users relearn a new trick? Not really, you can use third party tools, or just return to Office 2003 ...

Install add-in under Excel 2007/Vista
I have an add-in that comes with the instruction to add the .xla and support files to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns folder. Of course, either this folder doesn't exist or I can't find it under Vista. Does anyone know which folder under Vista takes the place of the above folder under XP? Thanks. Hi R If you want to see it in the Add-in list without browsing to the file then copy it in the Library folder See how on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "RStan...

Exporting Contacts
i know that i can export an personnal contacts from Outlook2003, but how can i do it from Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! ...