7 day view

I want the 7 day view to show just like the 5 day view (7 vertical columns)
instead of the current mess. How can I do it? I know it works well with
Netscape Calendar and Palm Pilot's version of their calendar, so surely
Microsoft could also figure out how to do it, right? Any ideas on how to fix
that bug?
0
R (97)

I'm not sure how to change the default view, but I do know you can click and
drag over 7 days on the Calendar (or use the keyboard shortcut of ALT+7) to
view 7 days side by side in columns.

Something until you get a more permanent solution...

jm

"R" <R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want the 7 day view to show just like the 5 day view (7 vertical
columns)
> instead of the current mess. How can I do it? I know it works well with
> Netscape Calendar and Palm Pilot's version of their calendar, so surely
> Microsoft could also figure out how to do it, right? Any ideas on how to
fix
> that bug?

that's exactly how i want it to look like.. however this solution only gives
you a snap-shopt - once you click on any other date or try to move to the
next week you have to type ALT+7 again... not a very elegant solution for a
company that pays $3 dividend per stock...

"CVT Trainer" wrote:

> I'm not sure how to change the default view, but I do know you can click and
> drag over 7 days on the Calendar (or use the keyboard shortcut of ALT+7) to
> view 7 days side by side in columns.
>
> Something until you get a more permanent solution...
>
> jm
>

> "R" <R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want the 7 day view to show just like the 5 day view (7 vertical
> columns)
> > instead of the current mess. How can I do it? I know it works well with
> > Netscape Calendar and Palm Pilot's version of their calendar, so surely
> > Microsoft could also figure out how to do it, right? Any ideas on how to
> fix
> > that bug?

0
R (97)
12/3/2004 1:09:05 AM
In Tools->Options->Calendar - mark your work week for all seven day.  Then
use Work Week view.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, R asked:

| I want the 7 day view to show just like the 5 day view (7 vertical
| columns) instead of the current mess. How can I do it? I know it
| works well with Netscape Calendar and Palm Pilot's version of their
| calendar, so surely Microsoft could also figure out how to do it,
| right? Any ideas on how to fix that bug?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
12/3/2004 3:52:35 AM
Thanks. I actually got to the same conclusion myself... and came here to post
it..

Tools
Calendar Options
mark Sat and Sun as part of the -Work Week
 OK
 OK
Click on the 5 Day Work Week and get a 7 day week view...

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> In Tools->Options->Calendar - mark your work week for all seven day.  Then
> use Work Week view.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, R asked:
>
> | I want the 7 day view to show just like the 5 day view (7 vertical
> | columns) instead of the current mess. How can I do it? I know it
> | works well with Netscape Calendar and Palm Pilot's version of their
> | calendar, so surely Microsoft could also figure out how to do it,
> | right? Any ideas on how to fix that bug?

0
R (97)
12/3/2004 8:19:04 AM
R <R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I want the 7 day view to show just like the 5 day view (7 vertical
> columns) instead of the current mess. How can I do it? I know it
> works well with Netscape Calendar and Palm Pilot's version of their
> calendar, so surely Microsoft could also figure out how to do it,
> right? Any ideas on how to fix that bug?

Tools>Options>Calendar Options should allow you to control whether or not
all seven days show.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Windows 7 problem
I have a block of code in VB 2008 application which works fine on XP and doesn't work on Windows 7 Ultimate: 'strSourse contains the full path to the file located on the server If Not (System.IO.File.Exists(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt")) = True Then MsgBox("InitialData file on the Server was not found. Report to your Administrator", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "File not found") End Else file_reader = New System.IO.StreamReader(strSourse & "\InitialData.txt") tmpstr = file_reader.ReadToEnd() array...

Automatically copy cells from two week day sheets based from today
I have a schedule workbook with the days of the week listed as sheets, Mon->Sun. I want to have another sheet that displays half of today’s schedule and half of tomorrow’s schedule but it will change day to day depending on today. I need it to automatically copy the info so I am not constantly cutting and pasting or making seven new pages. ...

Sorting Names i the Contact View
Is it possible to sort contacts by last name, first name instead of full name? The fullname contains the first and last name as specified in the organization settings. Go to Settings / System Settings. There is a combobox defining how the fullname is calculated. If it is "First Last", change it to "Last, First". After you changed this setting, the fullname will contain the desired format and your views are sorted the way you want. The problem is that the full names of existing records are not updated automatically. You will get the old "First Last" until yo...

Text extends off screen when viewing e-mails in outlook
How can I get get the text to wrap when viewing received e-mails? Even Microsoft Notebook has text wrap; where is it in Outlook 2007? it normally does wrap. What message format? Do you scan incoming emails with a virus scanner? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Let's Really Fix Outlo...

Word 2007 startup slow after installing Windows 7
Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? Do you have a printer installed? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Poul Erik" <Poul Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8832AE61-8707-439D-9761-D75C9AC6C1BC@microsoft.com... > Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? ...

New Calendar event only showing as all day tas
When I create a new calendar event, say for an hour. It creates itself as an all day event. (Outlook 2002) If I view the event in OWA the event shows properly as the one hour event. If I view the event and look at the scheduling tab, the event shows properly Sometimes the event will disappear in Outlook, but I can still see it using OWA. The users mailbox has been deleted and recreated (mail reimported using a pst file). This problem can be recreated on a different workstation. New profile did not fix problem. Thanks ...

Email Addresses #7
When I use am writing an email and use the "select names" popup window, my contacts listing contains both fax numbers and email addresses for my contacts. Is there any way to eliminate the fax numbers from this listing without deleting my fax numbers in my contacts folder? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm should help you out. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.gro...

"Path/File access error" in Windows 7
Hello, I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to save them. What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? I appreciate your help, Claire On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:32:50 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. >Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to >save them. >What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? > >I appreci...

Contact Views and Printing
Gday All, When printing my contacts which are in a table view....how can I get the column headings to fully expand..... for example on the print preview I get Comp.... I have tried expanding all the columns in the window to fit the names etc, but it does affect the printed copy. Anything I can do?? Cheers, Scott V ...

the Problem about calendar show at the day/week/month model
1:I created an appoint. but at the day/week/month model, can not show the subject. if I change the model to"by category" , the subject show again. 2: the reminder can not work normaly at any model. any suggestion be appreciate. Richard rxj88@hotmail.com, you wrote on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:34:41 +0800: > 1:I created an appoint. but at the day/week/month model, can not show the > subject. if I change the model to"by category" , > the subject show again. Start Outlook once with the parameter /cleanviews Start | Run | outlook.exe /cleanviews > 2: ...

How to create a View using Jet SQL in Access?
Can any body tell me how to create a View in Access using Jet SQL? And where to get the detailed specific reference for Jet SQL? The Access/Jet equivalent to a view is a Select query. Jet SQL is documented in Microsoft Access help. In recent English-language versions, display the Help window and look on the Contents tab for "Microsoft Jet SQL reference". On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 00:16:39 +0800, "lu_yanfeng" <lu_yanfeng@163.com> wrote: >Can any body tell me how to create a View in Access using Jet SQL? And where >to get the detailed specific reference for Jet SQ...

Tip of the Day woes
I added the Tip of the Day component to my project. Easy enough. I run the project and the tip of the day dialog comes up and then completely greys itself out. There is nothing in the OnPaint handler to do this so I am completely stumped. Does anybody have any ideas..... Dominic ...

Importing Day Timer files into Outlook 2002
I have 5,000 or so contacts in my Day Timer Organizer. Have tried importing this info into Outlook 2002 with no luck. Day Timer stopped making the software years ago. Can't seem to export the files in any format that Outlook will accept??? Thanks, Al . . . ...

is there a trick to viewing Russian Cyrillic characters?
I installed fonts from several sites that have Russian Cyrillic fonts, at least that's what I believe I'm installing. One example is here: http://www.freelang.net/fonts/index.php RUSSIAN Vremya Accented (40 kb) Bukinist KOI8 (118 kb) Bukinist 1251 (132 kb) Kurier KOI8 (20 kb) When I view these in a font viewer I see English characters. Is there a setting I have to make in Windows to view Russian Cyrillic characters, or am I installing non-Cyrillic characters without realizing it? Mike mscir wrote: > I installed fonts from several sites that have Russi...

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

Can you install Windows 7 inside of Virtual PC 2007?
I have started this but then Vista locks up on me about 40% into the extracting files options. I am trying this first to see how it looks and feels before I have to blow away my existing OS system. The installation process tells me that the Upgrade Option is not available for me. Thanks -- Thomas A. Todhunter CISSP; MCT; MCSA; MCP; Security+; Network+; A+; NCT This message is signed by a digital ID to both ensure it's authenticity and to allow encryption between users with digital ID's Certificates can be obtained free at: http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certif...

Mouse Wait Cursor does not persist across views
I am trying to use the following code to produce and remove the mouse cursor while doing a potentially lengthy operation: BOOL MyView::OnSetCursor(CWnd* pWnd, UINT nHitTest, UINT message) { static BOOL waitCursorSet = FALSE; if(_test->running()) { if(_changeCursor && !waitCursorSet) { AfxGetApp()->DoWaitCursor(1); waitCursorSet = TRUE; } else { if(waitCursorSet) { AfxGetApp()->DoWaitCursor(-1); waitCursorSet = FALSE; } } return TRUE; } else { ...

Views #2
I have created a view buy using define view in outlook 2003. I am trying to define a view by conversation and sort by subject line. No matter what I do I can't get it to sort correctly. Any ideas? thanks, Kamran Sorts within grouped views appear to be broken in 2003. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Kamran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49b001c4736a$1a202b60$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

changing calendar view
I'm using outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 in german. The calendar views are driving me mad, because I can't see at a glance the month of a date: On the left above e.g. the month view there is in large the word "Kalender", the actual month is far away (I have a quite large screen) in the right corner above the tasks. I now searched for some time, but I couldn't find a way to either put at least the month name on the left above the dates instead of the quite useless "Kalender", or (better) to insert the month name in each day. Do someone know a solutio...

Default Word Attachment Opening View
How can I disable the default reading view in Word when opening an attachment? I have a client using Office 2003 with all Win Xp Updates and when opening an attachment the default Word View is the Reading 2 page view. He wants the older std Word print Layout view. Can this be changed? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041122.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

using "List View" ActiveX Control
When I insert a "List View" ActiveX Control into a new Form, and then switch to form view (as opposed to design view), I get the following error: "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." Then after I click "OK" I get another error: "There is no object in this control." From "Tools - ActiveX Controls..." I find that the control is in the following file: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\FPDTC.DLL" - and when I do properties on this, it tell...

Calculation of days
In column A are a series of consecutive dates, as an example A1=1/15/04, A2=1/26/04, A3=2/3/04, etc. In Column B I want to show the number of week days between dates minus the week-end dates. Again, using my initial example, in column B1 I am intending to show the number of days between A1 and A2, which in this case B2=7 (11 total days minus 4 weekend days). Any thoughts on the correct formula to accomplish this would be most appreciated. Use the NETWORKDAYS function. It also accommodates a list of holidays. You have to install the Analysis Tool Pak to use it. See Help for the func...

Very New (On 30 Day Trial)
Our IT guru installed Viso on a PC for me to review. I've been running blind, but still able to create some nice stuff. Ultimately I want to tie this into some budget reporting that I've been assigned. I want to create a "dashboard" style report as opposed to the Excel spreadsheets/graphs that most of my comrades are producing. I've been able to do some things intuitively and Visio works well. But just reading the post on this "New Users" page I see that there's a lot to learn. I don't have access to a machine that has both Visio and Internet....

Installing GP on Windows 7
Does anybody have any luck installing Dynamics GP 10 SP 4 on a Windows 7 Professional workstation? When doing the installation of Dynamics GP everything installs except the Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 9.0 I have attempted to download the client from here as well http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=df0ba5aa-b4bd-4705-aa0a-b477ba72a9cb&displaylang=en For what ever reason it will not install properly. Any assistance on this topic would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin FYI This Workstation is a Dell Vostro 2205 32 bit operating syste...

Net Work Days in Access?
Hello all, Is there a way in access to obtains the difference in work days between two dates, similar to DateDiff only excluding weekends (and holidays)? Excel has this as NetWorkDays. I have this column: EDays: DateDiff("d",[timein],[timeout]) Which works OK except that it includes weekends. Thank You, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? ...