554 illegal address syntax-When address starts with #

I participant in a listserv.  The address starts with #.
When sending the email I get "554 illegal address
syntax".  I do know other Outlook users that use the
listserve with no problems.  What setting (and where) do
I need to change?

Thank you,
-Barry
0
anonymous (74722)

"The Starting balance entered ... does not match the starting balance calculated
Searched faqs and recent posting without success. I am trying to balance a new checking account with Microsoft Money 2004, windows XP. My statement balances are identical with that of the corresponding bank. I have a 3 month report. Yet when I try to balance the account, I always get the message: The starting balance entered from hyour statement does not match the starting balance calculated from your Money records". If I choose the option for Microsoft Money to enter a starting balance, all my balances no longer compare with that of the bank. Spend over an hour with support ...

2007 outlook doesn't suggest addressees when I start typing a To:
When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest recently used addresses to select. Is there a setting I have to set? | When I start an address in the To: of a new email, Outlook doesn't suggest | recently used addresses to select. | | Is there a setting I have to set? I had the same problem after upgrade to Office 2007. I had for the first time save an address in address book - if address exists just edit&save ( no changes required ). After that voodoo outlook started to cooperate as expected. If you've upgraded from an older Outlook versio...

Address book problem with update
I have office 2004 for Mac- before service pack two, I had my Entourage address book, which was accessible from Word for things like mailing merges, and which sync'd with my work exchange server. Now I have two address books (and calendars for that matter), one which says "on my computer" which is blank, and one on the exchange server, which has all my contacts. The problem is from Word I can only access the "on my computer" and it has no entries. I don't want two calendars and address books/contacts. I just want one! and I want them to sync like they used to! ...

Global Address List #22
I have created a second GAL and have the filter set to find users in group membership A. I would also like to have a Distribution group in the same GAL. I can't seem to add this group to the GAL. Is this possible? -- Cheers! ...

Username not in Global Address List
Hi all, I have added several user accounts on my Exchange 2003 server. All of them would show up in the Glabal Address List (GAL) except the last user I added. I am going to called it UserX. This last user account would show up in all the users' workstations except one station. Let's call it StationY. This particular client at StationY would see all the users in the Global Address List except UserX. In other words, UserX doesn't show up in the GAL on StationY. What should I do in order to bring UserX to show up in GAL on StationY? I appreciate any help on this. Thanks, ...

change the starting vaule for an autonumber field access 2007
how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 (...) > how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 DoCmd.RunSQL "alter table Table1 alter column ID counter(X,1)" X - starting value K.P. "Richard" wrote: > how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 How exactly do I do that? Where do I enter that line? Sorry for my ignorance! "Krzysztof Pozorek [MVP]" wrote: > (...) > > how do I change the starting value for an autonumber field in access 2007 > >...

E-mail Address Conflict in Global Adress List
Hi there, I have a strange problem. I have a person with two users account (My manager) one of them Paul and the other Paulxx In Active directory on the Exchange E-mail addresses its pointing to the right e-mail for each account. TYPE E-MAIL Paul SMTP PAUL@Y.COM PAULXX SMTP PAULXX@Y.COM but in outlook when any user in the company try to send an e-mail to this person and choose paul from the Global Address List, the e.mail shows as the other account paulxx@y.com an...

Address toolbar will show only one file
With multiple excel files open the address toolbar will only show one of these. It used to show all open files until I downloaded an Office update recommended by Microsoft after I sent off an error report for an Excel bug. Apologies for first message omitted - "appreciate if anyone could help" "Ian Grega" wrote: > With multiple excel files open the address toolbar will only show one of > these. It used to show all open files until I downloaded an Office update > recommended by Microsoft after I sent off an error report for an Excel bug. Ian Assuming you me...

Old address displaying
When typing the recipients address in the to: field its displays his old email as well as his new email address. How can I stop the OLD address from displaying Tab down to the old address and press delete. If this is not available in your version of Outlook, then your bad for not posting the version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dexter asked: | When typing the recipients ...

importing address book #7
Is there any way to import my address book from AOL/Compuserve into OUTLOOK? From AOL, no. Not sure about Compuserve. What formats does Compuserve support for exporting? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Kagke asked: | Is there any way to import my address book from AOL/Compuserve into | OUTLOOK? Kagke <Kagke@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: > ...

How do I keep 2 email addresses separate?
How can I open Outlook and keep the mail for one email address separate from athe mail in a second email address in my account? I try to make this simple on my computer. First I click on Outlook Today - [Personal Folders] and then click on File / New / Folder (Ctrl-Shift-E) and create a folder to hold my messages from another email address. I'm going to assume you have already established the second email account. Now click the Rules Wizard icon, followed by clicking New to insert a new rule. Start by creating a rule from a template and choose Move Messages based on Content. Cli...

where is my BBC address lists?
Hi guys, One of my colleague got the trouble to use BCC function to send to 65 users. She can send the msg to all BCC users without any trouble, however she cant retrieve the full address list from the "Sent Items". All she can see is the ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,john@hotmail.com,susan@hotmail.com,and karen@hotmail.com". In other words, she can view the last few recipients' addresses only....any idea that she can view the full recipient list? Tks in advance! Karen Smith Can you highlight the field and move the cursor back to the beginning of the field? "Karen&...

Outlook 2k3 won't start
Outlook 2k3 won't start. It just brings up the info screen then hangs. I tried recreating my profile, and renaming the extend.dat file, but neither one worked. Please help! thanks! 1.. Try running scanpst.exe on your Personal Folder. By default scanpst.exe can be found here; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID> 2.. Try renaming outcmd.dat to .old and restart Outlook. All the Toolbars will reset then. This is quite a common problem with Outlook . The default location for this file is: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\...

How do I separate data in address field? #2
I have over 1,000 records in an address data base. The street address field contains both the house number and the street name. I need to place these in separate fields so that I can sort by street name. Is there a shortcut to doing this so that I don’t have to cut and paste each individual record? Thanks for your help. Look at data>text to columns -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Baylynx" <Baylynx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CA0894C-2652-4448-BEC4-399B45F56373@microsoft.com... >I have over 1,000 records in an ...

Starting a cookbook in Publisher
Hi. While I'm familiar with Word, I know almost nothing about Publisher. I've poked around it a bit. I'm wanting to create a cookbook for my church in Publisher, so I want it to look as good as possible. My question: How do I set up my layout so that each page uses the same size textbox so my pages are uniform in appearance? Is this something that can be created in Word and copied into Publisher? I'm sure I'll have other questions as I go. I really appreciate your help. Best regards, Use the booklet setup. Create a folded booklet or newsletter in Publishe...

Recipient policies don't update mailbox addresses.
Hello, We have a W2K AD, E2K and a third-party mailsystem. The E2K server is not authoritive for our e-mail domain and all the AD accounts which are not mailbox-enabled are mail-enabled. My company has a new email domain and my problem is that I can't get the Recipient Policies to stamp the new address on the mailbox-enabled users. Our E2K server has two Recipient Policies: - the Default policy, filtering on (mailnickname=*), with a primary SMTP address %g.%s@localhost and a secondary smtp address %g.%s@ourdomain.com, with Lowest priority; - a Custom Policy, filtering on (&(mailNick...

=DATEDIF(start date,end date, unit)
When I use this function, the error #NAME? is returned. Could this because the function requires an ADD-IN or extra components installed? DATEDIF is described in my version of HELP but I notice it is not shown in the list of functions that appears when I select "Paste Function" from the toolbar and select the category "Date&Time". This is why I think perhaps the problem is that support is not installed. I'm using Excel 2000 V9.0.2720 Yes, tools>addins>analysis toolpak -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "gvm" <postbox@tech...

Do Not Check Messages on Start-up
How do I program Outlook not to check for messages on startup. I've already delayed the send messages. Thanks. ...

Disable 5.5 Start up
Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the nic setting becuse the resources are being used by Exchange. Thanks for any help. Thanks all, I worked it out. >-----Original Message----- >Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in >order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? > >I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the >nic setting becuse the resources are being used by >Exchange. > >Thanks for any help. >...

Reading contents CHttpFile file starting from the end of file.
I have a CHttpFile which contains records per day. The records in the file are ordered date descending. I need to have my records with date ascending. So, if I read the file starting with last record back up to first record I'll get my data sorted correctly. There is a huge amount of data, that's why I want to read the data in the correct order instead of reading it, placing in memory and then sorting. I'm using CHttpFile.ReadString to read the contents right now but it read from the top. Is there any way for me search through the contents of the file of a '\n' ...

VLOOKUP to return Cell Address
I have a table, and I want to do a Vlookup on Column1, and when I find what I am looking for, I want to sum column 2 from that row down to the bottom of the table. For example, Item 1 2345 Item 2 3478 Item 3 1298 Item 4 123 Item 5 1233 I want to find "Item 3" and then I want to be able to return the sum of (1298+123+1233). How would I do this? My thoughts were that I would do a lookup to get the row numner of "Item 3" and then do a sum() with the cell range starting from the row where I found "Item 3" but I'm not sur...

Moving the email addresses from Auto-Complete
This question is Windows Vista/Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 specific. I am about to upgrade a machine running Windows Vista to Windows 7. How do I migrate the email adresses from Auto-Complete to the new machine. I cannot find the *.NK2 file anywhere on this machine. The resposes always seem to reference Win XP or Outlook 2003. I need an aswer for my specific question. "John A" <John A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08F25A1C-B461-4A02-8562-3E491553CA07@microsoft.com... > This question is Windows Vista/Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 specific....

Ability to inherit Contact addresses from Account
Just wondering if there is a way to inherit the Account's primary address when creating a related Contact to that Account. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Dale ...

Problems viewing the Address Book using Outlook Express
Hello, I'm using OE6 and I would like my address book to be displayed in the lower left hand side of the window. I'm not having any luck trying to get it back. I go into the "View" menu, but there is no option for that. Can someone help? Thank you. This is not an Outlook group, not OE. The programs are not related. As I recall, you'd need to use View > Layout to display your Contacts, but I haven't seen OE in years. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:108C5F33-DE91-4B36-A227-1...

hide addresses
how do i hide email addresses so no one can get them after a mass enail Put them in the Bcc: field. "duckie" <keasty@tsn.cc> wrote in message news:1192802238.310028.262390@e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > how do i hide email addresses so no one can get them after a mass enail > ...