550 Error: invalid Message-ID header

Hi,

I've had some mail delivery failures using Outlook (2002) lately in which the
message reads:

550 Error: invalid Message-ID header

Admittedly, it appears to be long but it has never given anyone a problem
before.

 I tried both of my ISP's and the result is the same.

The only difference I see in the headers is that these folks are now using
"MailEnable Postoffice Connector"

Is there anything I can do at my end before I start bothering the postmaster
at the receiving end?

(Looks like a filter issue to me, but what do I know...)  :-)

- Scott

0
Scott

type double error?
I am doing some math using doubles and some trig functions ( sin cos etc) and debugging with a watch on the result. On one line the result is calculated as res = x + sin(a); and if I put a breakpoint there when it stops a is correct, x is correct but res contains "-1.#IND000000000000". I looked in the help but can't find out what causes the #IND in my double. Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD Ron H wrote: > I a...

Hide "You are about to" message box
How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the yes button in the message? From the Access menu Tools, Options, and select the Edit/Find tab. In the Confirm section, uncheck the warning messages you don't want to see. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Supe" wrote: > How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you > run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the > yes button i...

Protection error
Someone shared and protected a workbook that I created. I went to Tools>Sharing and unshared the workbook. Now when I try to make changes and save them I get an error that says "You must first unprotect the document". When I try to do this, however, the unprotect option on the Tools>Protection menu is not available. I have noticed that it says [Group] in the title bar. How do i turn that option off? If Tools|Protection|Unprotect Sheet is greyed out, you have to ungroup first. [Group] in the title bar means that you have multiple sheets selected. You can rightclick on ...

Search for X-Headers
I want to create search folders based on X-Headers. How do I do that? Thanks CM use the rules wizard condition of header contains - then enter the x-header information and assign a category. Create the search folder for the category. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http:/...

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

Sender ID doesn't works? Perf. counters = 0!
Hi, the sender ID feature appear to not work correctly on my server. the performance counters are allways = 0. Total message validated by sender id = 0 etc... I jhave followed all the instruction in the video: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx my SMTP virtual server is enabled, my server is enabled, but there is no changes. any idea? thanks. Jerome. ...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

Service Call SQL Object creation error #2
Hi, I am trying to configure Service Call Management, and when I execute the step to set up permissions for the GP users who can perform service call escalations (i.e Tools \ Setup \ Project \ Service Setup \ Service button \ SQL Objects button - Set permissions for Sql Objects for Escalation, then I get the following error: 'An error occurred executing add group statements'. When I click OK the next error is: 'The role FSSQLJOB does not exist in the current database.' I am on GP10 and am doing this in the Fabrikam database. Thanks Neil You will want to run the follow...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Publisher Error
I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000. Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message: Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out of memory, or the file may be corrupt. Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I ran Publisher before I did the re-install and I never had any problems. Thanks Leo PUB2000 Error Message: Publish...

Outlook 2003 - Line 227
A customer of mine is attempting to printer HTML based email and receives the following error: ---- Error A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 227 Error: The specified module could not be found. ---- I have uninstalled and re-installed (with all options) Office 2003. Attempted to print a Text based email, and it printed without any issue. Attempted to print and HTML based email, and I would get this error. Downloaded and updated all available MS Office updates. Same results. Removed all of the HP software for the printer. Downloaded and installed the latest version of...

Parent/Child window message processing
I have a problem with VC++ window message routing(not command message routing) I have a ControlBar(pParent) window and inside this window, I create a child window(pChild devied from cview). This pChild window is constrained to pParent's client rect. The problem is that all the mouse messages are sent to the parent window instead of the child window. I've traced it to AfxWndProc(), if I click on the child window, a mouse message targeting the parent window is generated(the target window handle is the parent window). Maybe this is related to windows not mfc. The child could re...

how to get Outlook Express to continue after failing to read a newsgroup message
I use outlook express as a newsreader. Sometimes I want to get the entire server holdings of a particular newsgroup. Trouble is, OE seems to snag when it was able to read a message header but for some reason it can't retrieve the body. It snags with Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Simple security??', Account: 'news.nevrona.com', Server: 'news.nevrona.com', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C006F and the only op...

Event ID 8270: Administration Limit Exceeded
I've got a fresh W2K3 SP1 / E2K3 SP1 cluster returning this error on the RUS... Can anyone help me out? The background is this is a migration from GW to Exchange, and I stamped GWISE and SMTP addresses on all of the mailboxes being migrated so reply-to's would work. I checked out Q314950 and Q316350. I don't have the MSADC reg key the article speaks about and I don't have anywhere near 800 domain controllers (have about 10). Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 8/8/2005 Time: 8:42:02 AM User: N/A Computer:...

RDLC 2008 Error in print layout mode
Hi I have converted a local report in a windows form application from VisualStudio 2008 to VisualStudio 2010. In the report viewer the report is correctly visualized, but, sometimes, in print layout (or if i print the report) I obtain this exception: "An error has occurred during report processing" "Index was outside the bounds of the array". The report is binding to a object data source, if i delete some object from my data source the error disappear. Thank in advance Giorgio Hi Giorgio, Is your object in your data source shared by multiple thread...

outlook web access
Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" in the top left corner. The same thing happens when I open a new message. Any ideas? Amy "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA46A8B-3116-4850-BE0F-AB2B9590F20A@microsoft.com... > Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I > attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" > in > the top left corner. The same t...

Error while synchronizing outlook
Hi there, I have created a new account/contact/opportunity in offline mode. When I go to online (clicking the "go Online" buttong in outlook toolbar), I am getting "The specified domain logon name already exists. You must use a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already" error. We are about to make a decision on buying the MS CRM solution, and the main factor for choosing MS CRM is the Offline capability. How to fix this error, so that I can show a working demo to my VP?. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed ...

Error Messages #4
I just bought a computer that has Windows XP and I installed my Office XP programs. At least 20 to 30 times a day when I am using Outlook 2002, I get an error message that asks me to send the info to Microsoft and then I lose the e-mail address or address that I had typed in the new message I was about to send Does any one know what is happening? How about telling us what the message is that you got? Error messages are there for a reason, not just for annoyance and we arent the Amazing Kreskin. :-) First, you should read the error message and attend to that. Taen that should solve your pro...

Error message in Outlook #9
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message: "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open th...

Microsoft Money 2001 Runtime error
I am getting the following runtime error when I try to start Microsoft Money 2001 Deluxe using Windows XP. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Product support no longer supports this version. Money: Runtime Error! Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY\SYSTEM\MSMONEY.EXE This application required the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Try the steps in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305254&Product=mny "Tracie" <traciemjordan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a84201c435fd$2f7b6330$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I a...

Error when posting a Sales Batch
Hello, I'm using GP 8.0 with SQL 2000 SP3 on a Windows 2000 Server SP4 I'm getting an error when posting a Sales Batch. The error message I'm getting is "The payment number is not reserved in Receivables Management". The Batch has two Sales Orders that has deposits on the Orders. The Sales Orders is then transfer to Invoices and the Invoice is what get post in the Sales Batch. I have follow the KB 862199 and it will correct the problem and I'm able to post batches but then for some odd reason I will get this error again a couple of days later with a different ...

Compile error!
Have just reinstalled Office 2000 and when trying to load Excel I get the following error message - "Compile error in hidden module: TBRun97". My new OS is XP Pro which I just installed over Win 98. After the install I had to reinstall Office and have since had the problem. XL: Compile Error in Hidden Module Tbrun97.xls http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 TextBridge (scanner OCR software) addin has a problem. Move it out of your XLStart folder. Tony wrote: > > Have just reinstalled Office 2000 and when trying to load Excel I get the > foll...

Error popup
Outlook is installed on my system but I don't use it. Every now and again an error message pops up in Windows, saying "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." Does anyone know what's causing this? Thanks for your help, Adrian For Outlook Express go to the link below. Since you are using the CDO = interface copy\paste the link into your Browsers address bar. news://msnws.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outl= ookexp...

error message #14
I am trying to open my Money program, version 5.0 and am getting an error message that reads "One or more entries could not be written to registry" What can I do to fix this problem and what might be causing it! I am able to get into the program after clicking the cancel button and continuing with "My Money Account" Thanks! Allen ...