2nd Post. Please help with Personal files

Hello,
  I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts
as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other
words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail
on my desktop to written over.  Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday
when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop
e-mails.
Thank You very much
Mark
0
MarkW7470 (9)

Mark W. wrote:
> Hello,
>   I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts
> as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other
> words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail
> on my desktop to written over.  Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday
> when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop
> e-mails.
> Thank You very much
> Mark

When you copy your laptop pst file over, do NOT import it, just go to
File-Open_Outlook Data file. It'll then open in a separate Personal Folder.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
0
gordonbp11 (453)
2/16/2005 6:32:02 PM
Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and
> contacts
> as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail.

Can't be done, exactly.  All of your active folders (Calendar, Contacts,
Inbox, Outbox, etc.) are of necessity all within the same PST.  If you don't
want to use the same Inbox, you also can't use the same Calendar or
Contacts.  The best you can do is to copy one PC's PST to the other and open
it there with File>Open>Outlook Data File and then copy what you want from
the second PST to the main one.  Also, see this site for methods of sharing:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
2/16/2005 9:50:28 PM
Gordon,
  Thank you. It seems like that will work fine. I have some folders that are
still there from when I was trying to do this before and I cannot get rid of
them. When I click the folder it says the folder cannot be opened. Any Ideas.
Thanks again....
Mark

"Gordon" wrote:

> Mark W. wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts
> > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other
> > words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail
> > on my desktop to written over.  Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday
> > when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop
> > e-mails.
> > Thank You very much
> > Mark
>
> When you copy your laptop pst file over, do NOT import it, just go to
> File-Open_Outlook Data file. It'll then open in a separate Personal Folder.
>
> --
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Director
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

0
MarkW7470 (9)
2/16/2005 10:35:01 PM
Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  I have some folders
> that are still there from when I was trying to do this before and I
> cannot get rid of them. When I click the folder it says the folder
> cannot be opened.

Folders or Folder files?
--
Brian Tillman
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >  I have some folders
> > that are still there from when I was trying to do this before and I
> > cannot get rid of them. When I click the folder it says the folder
> > cannot be opened.
>
> Folders or Folder files?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
MarkW7470 (9)
2/17/2005 2:41:06 PM
Mark W. <MarkW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Folders that are showing with the rest of the folders.

I still don't have a picture in my mind of what you see.  On the left, in
the Navigation Pane, is a list of folders, like Contacts, Inbox, and so on.
Those are all children of a folder file called "Personal Folders" or
"Outlook Today".  It is the "Personal Folders" or "Outlook Today" that are
the "folder files" and the folders contained within them that are the
"folders" to which I refer.  To which of those do you refer?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

help with dynamic tables

retrieving folders.old file

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Duplicate personal folders problem
Hello all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I hope someone can help me resolve it I imported a PST file from Outlook XP that was on a different machine, and now I have two versions of Personal Folders in my All Mail Folders list. They both have Deleted Items, Drafts, Inbox, Junk E-mail, Outbox, Sent Items and Search Folders in. One of them has an icon of a piece of paper with a clock to the top left and a house to the top right. The other one has an icon like a stack of files (like from a filing cabinet) They are clearly referencing the same thing, as the Deleted Items both have al...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

re post range check
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 -- -- --- -- -- --- - -- -- 31-12-04 floor ...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

posting 20050826
"I wanted Showtime. They screwed it up. I never got around to fixing it." Sure enough, he did. "Don't you threaten me, you little asshole," Brad said. "If you want a court fight, I'll give it to you. You'll spend so much time giving depositions you'll forget what the sun looks like. Don't think I don' t have what it takes to win this." "That's the magic of hypotheticals, Joshua," Carl said. "You can make the gi vens as big as you need them. Now stop stalling and answer the question." "A stowaway? Arrrgh,"...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...