2003 wont send new mail from default account

I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1

I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to
mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a
new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my
other account.

This even happens when i select the account from within the new
mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via
mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non
default account..

How do i sort this as it is really annoying..

On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote:

> I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1
>
> I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to
> mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a
> new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my
> other account.
>
> This even happens when i select the account from within the new
> mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via
> mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non
> default account..
>
> How do i sort this as it is really annoying..

See if authenticating to your outgoing server on your default account
helps.  Set that up on the "Outgoing server" tab for the account.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

Add new image (bitmaps)
Hi, After creating sample application via the App Wizards(exe) -> Single Document, I imported new bitmaps. now how can I add new bitmaps image to be place in the frame center area ? Thanks. Kenji In CMainFrame, I added WM_PAINT: in MainFrm.cpp, void CMainFrame::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting // TODO: Add your message handler code here CBitmap Bmp1; CDC MemDC1; // Load the bitmap from the resource Bmp1.LoadBitmap(IDB_MYLOGO); // Create a memory device compatible with the above CPaintDC variable MemDC1.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc); // Select th...

New server question
I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me. users get an error that says: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required TIA these servers are in the same routing group? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:eICByC66FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I just installed a new ex...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sending email but outbox is empty
Hi NG, When I press send/receive Outlook shows in its status bar that it works on sending emails (Sending messages 1 of 4) but there is not mail in outbox. As a result I currently cannot send any other mails since Outlook keeps working on the 4 emails I don't see. Any ideas, I am clueless? - Thanks a lot for any help!!!! Dirk ...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <>
Hi all IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <> . how to solve this problem Thanks Shaikh ...

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Force new record
Hi, I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform. 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to automatically jump to the new record line. 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on openeing the database? Is this possible? Regards John Try the following in the Open event of the subform: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec End Sub -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenwo...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

XSD
Hi all, I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: <xs:element name="color" type="xs:string" default="red"/> Now, I would like to generate an empty XML file, from the XML Schema. How can I do that? Thanks a lot. Bye -- Stefano Giannone MCP .NET http://www.giasoft.it Stefano wrote: > I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. > > I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: > <xs:element name="color" typ...

Mail Rule
Hi, I would like to create a rule which would delete any emails which DOESN'T contain an attachment, any idea anyone? Thanks for your time, Uri. Here's one method: Rule #1 -- Condition - has an attachment. Action - stop processing more rules Rule #2 -- Condition - none (will act on all messages). Action - delete -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "msnew" <uri@manpower.co.il> wrote in message news:%235sIUzEgEHA...

Normally in Europe I cannot send e-mails now from USA
I just went for holidays to USA and brought my notebook with me - and now I receive mails in my Outlook Epxress, but cannot send e-mails in my different accounts. With gmx-account I solved the problem changing form 25 to 587, but with my other account nothing helps. The message I get is (in german, sorry) Fehler bei der Verbindung zum Server. Betreff *****, Konto: 'Liga für Kinder- und Jugendgesundheit', Server: 'mail.kinderjugendgesundheit.at', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure (SSL): Nein, Socketfehler: 10061, Fehlernummer: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for you...